Bless the Broken Road

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Everything Zach knew changed when he was just a toddler. Life became a lot scarier, and a lot harder. Now he... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
Season One
Never Normal Again
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
06. Skin
07. Home
08. Asylum
09. Scarecrow
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. Shadow
13. Hell House
14. Something Wicked
15. Provenance
16. Dead Man's Blood
17. Salvation
18. Devil's Trap
Season Two
19. In My Time of Dying
20. Everybody Loves a Clown
21. Bloodlust
22. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
23. Simon Said
24. No Exit
25. The Usual Suspects
26. Crossroad Blues
27. Croatoan
28. Hunted
29. Nightshifter
30. Houses of the Holy
31. Born Under a Bad Sign
32. Tall Tales
33. Roadkill
34. Hollywood Babylon
35. Folsom Prison Blues
36. What Is and What Should Never Be
37. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part One)
38. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part Two)
Season Three
39. The Magnificent Seven
40. The Kids Are Alright
41. Bad Day at Black Rock
42. Sin City
43. Bedtime Stories
44. Red Sky at Morning
45. Fresh Blood
46. A Very Supernatural Christmas
47. Malleus Malleficarum
48. Dream a Little Dream of Me
49. Mystery Spot
50. Jus in Bello
51. Ghostfacers
52. Long Distance Call
53. Time Is on My Side
54. No Rest For the Wicked
Season Four
55. Lazarus Rising
56. Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
57. In the Beginning
58. Metamorphosis
59. Monster Movie
60. Yellow Fever
61. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
62. Wishful Thinking
64. Heaven and Hell
65. Family Remains
66. Criss Angel Is a Douchebag
67. After School Special
68. Sex & Violence
69. Death Takes a Holiday
70. On the Head of a Pin
71. It's a Terrible Life
72. The Monster at the End of This Book
73. Jump the Shark
74. The Rapture
75. When the Levee Breaks
76. Lucifer Rising
Season Five
77. Sympathy for the Devil
78. Good God, Y'all!
79. Free to Be You and Me
80. The End
81. Fallen Idols
82. I Believe the Children Are Our Future
83. The Curious Case of Zach Winchester
84. Changing Channels
85. The Real Ghostbusters
86. Abandon All Hope...
87. Sam, Interrupted
88. Swap Meat
89. The Song Remains the Same
90. My Bloody Valentine
91. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
92. Dark Side of the Moon
93. 99 Problems
94. Point of No Return
95. Hammer of the Gods
96. The Devil You Know
97. Two Minutes to Midnight
98. Swan Song
Book Two

63. I Know What You Did Last Summer

33 3 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

HOSPITAL

A young girl was sitting in a hospital bed in a contemplative way, like she was listening to a distant whispering.

"Anna?" the psychologist called. "Do you know where you are? You're at the Connor Beverly Behavioral Medicine Center." Anna looked at her hospital's wristband. "Do you know why you're here?" Anna shrugged. "Do you remember what you did?" Anna nodded. "You were hysterical. It took four people to restrain you."

"I was trying to warn them," Anna explained.

"Warn who?"

"Everyone. Forget it. It was stupid."

"What were you trying to warn them about?"

"Look... I get it. You think I'm nuts. If I were you, I'd think I was nuts. But it's all true."

"It's okay. You can tell me. I'm here to listen."

"The end... is coming. The apocalypse."

"The apocalypse. Like in the Bible?"

"Kind of. I mean, same bottom line. This demon, Lilith, is trying to break the 66 seals to free Lucifer from Hell. Lucifer... Will bring the apocalypse. So... Smoke 'em if you got 'em." Anna turned her head and listened to a distant whispering.

"Anna?"

"Sorry."

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing. Just listening."

"So, you were saying that there are, uh, 66 seals in the world?"

"No. No. There are about 600 possible seals, and Lilith only has to break 66 of them, and no one knows which 66 she's gonna break."

"I see."

"That's why it's nearly impossible to stop her. And that's why the angels are losing. That's why we're all gonna die."

A hospital attendant entered Anna's room. "Time for your meds, Anna. Anna?"

Anna turned around and looked horrified when she noticed the attendant.

"What's the matter, sweetie?" the attendant asked.

"Your face -- what happened to your face?" Anna questioned.

"I know." The attendant's eyes turned black, revealing he was possessed. "I'm downright kissable. Shh."

Anna used her mind to push a chest of drawers against the attendant and knocked him unconscious.

BAR

Sam, seemingly drunk, was playing pool with a man from the bar.

"Brian, come on, man, just one more," Sam said. "Just -- just give me a chance to win it back."

"It's your cash," Brian told him.

"Excuse me. My brother's a little sauced to be making bets," Dean said.

"He insisted."

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him? I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine," Sam told his brother.

"No, you're not fine. You're drunk!"

"Let's make it 500."

"500?" Dean and Zach repeated.

"Sure," Brian agreed as Sam put the money down on the pool table. "500. Your break."

While Brian was looking down, Sam raised his eyebrows at Dean and Zach. For a second, there was no trace of drunkenness. Dean raised his eyebrows at Sam and Zach offered an amused smirk. Sam broke, sinking several balls and saw Ruby across the bar.

"Keep the money," Sam said as he put his cue down on the pool table and walked towards Ruby.

"Keep the money?" Dean repeated. "What-"

After a moment, Dean and Zach followed Sam.

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me and him," Dean said.

"I just have some info, and then I'm gone," Ruby told them.

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"I'm hearing a few whispers."

"Ooh, great, demon whispers -- that's reliable," Dean commented.

"Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned of for the Easter-egg hunt."

"Why? Who is she?" Sam wondered.

"No idea. But I'm thinking that she's important, 'cause the order is to capture her alive. I just figured whatever the deal is, you might want to find this girl before the demons do."

"Look, maybe we should check it out."

"Actually, we're working a case, but thanks," Zach said.

"What case?"

"Unimportant, but we've got leads, big leads."

"Sounds dangerous."

"Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose-chasing after some chick who, for all we know, doesn't even exist, just because you say she's important," Dean retorted.

"I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done."

"Wait, wait, wait. This hospital Anna escaped from -- it got a name?" Sam questioned.

IMPALA

Dean was driving, Zach was in back, and Sam was speaking on the phone.

"Can I get a copy of the missing persons report? Great. Okay. Thanks." Sam hung up. "Well, Anna Milton's definitely real."

"Don't mean the case is real," Dean said. "And this hospital's a three-day drive."

"We've driven further for less, Dean." Dean shook his head. "You got something to say, say it."

"Oh, I'm saying it -- this sucks."

Zach nodded. "Sucks a ton. I can't believe we're trusting a demon. That never goes well."

Sam glanced between them. "You two aren't pissed, or annoyed, we're going after the girl. You two are pissed Ruby threw us the tip."

"Right," Dean replied. "'Cause as far as you're concerned, the Hell-bitch is practically family. Yeah, boy, something major must've happened while I was downstairs, 'cause I come back, and -- and you're BFF with a demon."

"I told you, Dean, Zach, she helped me go after Lilith."

"Well, thanks for the thumbnail -- real vivid. You want to fill in a little detail?"

"Sure, Dean, let's trade stories. You first. How was Hell? Don't spare the details."

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

Sam was burying a box at crossroads, obviously drunk.

"Come on!" Sam yelled. "Where the hell are you?"

"I was wondering whether to come or not," a crossroads demon replied. "I mean, you shot one of my co-workers. Don't take this the wrong way, Sam, but you don't look so hot, buddy. I guess burying your brother didn't agree with you."

"Well?"

"Well, let's see that special little knife of yours first."

Sam took out the knife and slammed it down on an outdoor table. "No devil's traps, either. I'm not here to play games."

"Well, let me guess. You want to make a deal. And 'round and 'round the Winchesters go. I'm sorry, Sam. That's not gonna happen."

Sam stabbed the knife into the crossroad demon's hand. "I don't want ten years. I don't want one year. I don't want candy! I want to trade places with Dean."

"No."

"Just take me! It's a fair trade!"

"No!"

"Why not? Lilith wants me dead. Just let Dean go, and she can have me."

"Don't you understand, Sam? It's not about your soul. Dean's in Hell, right where we want him. We've got everything exactly the way we want it. You want to kill me? Go ahead. I've made peace with my lord."

SIOUX FALLS, SOUTH DAKOTA

Lily sat next to Zach, sliding a plate of food over.

"Not hungry," Zach mumbled.

"Zach, you should eat."

Zach sighed as he picked up the sandwich and bit into it.

HOSPITAL

A psychologist said, "Of course I want to help however I can."

"Now, the orderly has no recollection of Anna's escape?" Sam questioned.

"Apparently, she knocked him unconscious. The blow caused some amnesia. He doesn't even remember coming into her room."

"That's a hell of a right hook to knock out a guy that's got 80 pounds on her," Dean said.

"We think she may have planned this, waited behind the door."

"Right," Zach noted. "You mentioned Anna's illness was recent."

"Two months ago, she was happy, well-adjusted, journalism major, lots of friends -- Bright future."

"So, what happened -- she just... flipped?" Dean asked.

"Well, that's the tragedy of schizophrenia. Within weeks, Anna was over taken by delusions."

"What kind of delusions?" Sam wondered.

"She thought demons were everywhere." He gave a sketchbook to Sam.

"Interesting."

"It's not uncommon for our patients to believe that monsters are real."

"Well, that -- that's just batty."

Sam turned the page and they saw some meaningful sketches and the text 'Raising of the Witnesses' and the next page said 'Samhain the next seal is broken'.

"That's Revelations," Dean and Zach realized.

"Since when does the Book of Revelations have jack-o'-lanterns?" the psychologist asked.

"It's a, uh, it's a little-known translation," Dean replied.

"Well, Anna's father was a church deacon. When she became ill, her paranoia took on religious overtones. She was convinced the devil was about to rise up and end the world. I hope you find her. It's dangerous for her to be out there alone right now."

They made their way to the Milton home and Dean knocked on the door.

"Maybe they're not home," Dean guessed.

"Both cars in the driveway," Sam noted.

Zach tried the door to find it unlocked and the brothers entered the house.

"Mr. and Mrs. Milton?" Dean called.

"We're from the Sheriff's department," Sam informed. "We just wanted to ask you a couple of questions."

Zach frowned, seeing two bodies, with cut throats, lying on the floor.

Sam checked some powder on the floor near the dead bodies. "Sulfur. The demons beat us here. Whatever the deal is with this Anna girl-"

"Yeah, they want her," Dean finished. "They're not screwing around. All right, so, I'm "Girl, Interrupted," he picked up some addressed envelopes, "and I know the score of the apocalypse, just busted out of the nut-box... Possibly using superpowers, by the way. Where do I go?"

Zach looked through family photographs and picked one up. "Hey, either of you have those sketches from Anna's notebook?"

"Yeah."

"Hand 'em over. Check this out." He picked out a drawing of a stained-glass window.

"She was drawing the window of her church."

"Over and over," Sam said. "If you were religious, scared, and had demons on your ass, where would you go to feel safe?"

CHURCH

The Impala was parked in front of the church and the brothers entered.

CHURCH'S ATTIC

Sam, Dean and Zach entered the attic with their guns drawn.

"Dean. Zach," Sam called, pointing with his gun towards a person hiding. "Anna?" The three put away their guns and sword. "We're not going to hurt you. We're here to help. My name is Sam. These are my brothers, Dean and Zach."

"Sam?" Anna repeated. "Not Sam Winchester?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Zach? And you're Dean. The Dean?"

"Well, yeah," Dean replied. "The Dean, I guess."

"It's really you. Oh, my God. The angels talk about you. You were in Hell, but Castiel pulled you out, and some of them think you can help save us. And some of them don't like you at all. they talk about you all the time lately. I feel like I know you."

"So, you talk to angels?"

"Oh, no. No, no way. Um, they probably don't even know I exist. I just kind of... overhear them."

"You overhear them?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah, they talk, and sometimes I just... hear them in my head."

"Like... right now?" Dean asked.

"Not right this second, but a lot. And I can't shut them out, there are so many of them."

"So, they lock you up with a case of the crazies when you really were just... tuning in to angel radio?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"Anna, when did the voices start?" Zach asked. "Do you remember?"

"I can tell you exactly -- September 18th."

"The day I got out of Hell," Dean noted.

"First words I heard, clear as a bell -- "Dean Winchester is saved,"" Anna told them.

"What do you think?" Dean wondered.

"It's above my pay grade, man," Sam replied.

"Well, at least now we know why the demons want you so bad. They get ahold of you, they can hear everything the other side's cooking. You're 1-900-angel."

"Hey, um, do you know -- are my parents okay?" Anna asked. "I-I didn't go home. I was afraid."

Ruby entered the attic in a rush. "You got the girl. Good, let's go."

"Her face!"

"It's okay," Sam reassured. "She's here to help."

"Yeah, don't be so sure," Dean muttered.

"We have to hurry."

"Why?" Dean and Zach demanded.

"Because a demon's coming -- big-timer. We can fight later, Dean, Zach."

"Well, that's pretty convenient -- showing up right when we find the girl with some bigwig on your tail?" Dean shot back.

"I didn't bring him here. You did."

"What?"

"He followed you from the girl's house."

"Dean," Sam called, pointing to a statue that was bleeding from the eyes.

Ruby looked at the stairs. "It's too late. He's here."

Sam took Anna by the arm and hid her in a closet. "Okay. Stay in there. Don't move."

"Okay," Anna agreed.

Sam took out a flask of holy water.

"Whoa, hold on a sec," Dean protested.

"Now's not the time to bellyache about Sam going dark side," Ruby said. "He does his thing, he exorcises that demon, or we die."

Sam put the flask away again. The demon entered and Sam tried to exorcise him, but it didn't work.

"That tickles," Alastair stated. "You don't have the juice to take me on, Sam."

Alastair threw Sam downstairs. Dean attacked Alastair with Ruby's knife, but Alastair won their fight.

"Hello again, Dean," Alastair greeted.

Anna screamed as Ruby pulled her from the closet.

Alastair continued. "Come on, Dean. Don't you recognize me? Oh, I forgot -- I'm wearing a pediatrician. But we were so close... in Hell."

"Alastair," Dean spat.

Sam stabbed Alastair with Ruby's knife.

"You're gonna have to try a whole lot harder than that, son," Alastair told him.

Sam grabbed Dean and Zach and they looked at a large-stand window. Alastair began pulling out the knife.

The brothers jumped out the window.

MOTEL ROOM

Sam was sewing a cut in his left arm, Zach was sewing a cut in his right leg, and Dean was in the bathroom.

"Are you two almost done?" Dean asked.

"Zach and I are going as fast as we can," Sam replied.

"Good, 'cause you know I got a dislocated shoulder over here." He picked up a whiskey bottle and drank from it.

"Yeah. I'll pop it back in when I'm finished. Gimme that." He gestured for the bottle of whiskey and poured it over his wound.

Dean turned to Sam. "So, you lost the magic knife, huh?"

"Yeah, saving your asses," Sam answered. "Who the hell was that demon?"

"No one good. We got to find Anna."

"Ruby's got her. I'm sure she's okay. All right. Come on. On three. One..." He forced Dean's shoulder back into place.

"You sure about Ruby? 'Cause I think it's just as likely she used us to find radio girl and then brought that demon in to kill us."

"No, she took Anna to keep her safe."

"Yeah. Well, why hasn't she called to tell us where she is?"

"Because that demon is probably watching us right now, waiting to follow us right back to Anna again. That's why he let us go."

Zach scoffed. "You call this letting us go?"

"Yeah, I do. Look, killing us would've been no problem to that thing. That's why, for now, we just got to lay low and wait for Ruby to contact us."

"How's she gonna do that?" Dean paused. "Why do you trust her so much?"

"I told you two."

"You got to do better than that. Hey, and I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I mean, I really want to understand. But I need to know more. I mean, I deserve to know more. And I think you owe Zach that much as well."

"Because... she saved my life."

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

Sam was drunk, and after he entered the room, a man and woman attacked him.

The woman took Ruby's knife. "Thanks for keeping this warm for me, Sam."

"Ruby," Sam realized.

"It's nice to be back. Where I was even for Hell, it was nasty. I guess I really pissed Lilith off. Imagine my relief when she gave me one last chance to take it topside. And all I had to do was find you and kill you."

"Fine. Go ahead! Do it."

Ruby stabbed the other demon instead of Sam. "Grab your keys. We got to go. Now!"

IMPALA

"You know what sounds good?" Ruby said. "French fries. I'm starving. I just escaped Hell. I deserve a treat. You know, a "thank you" would be nice."

"Who asked for your help?" Sam retorted.

"You have no idea what I've been through. When Lilith gets pissed, she gets creative. You want to hear about the corners of Hell I've seen, Sam?"

"No, I don't."

"And the things I had to do to convince her I was sorry? That I could be trusted?"

"Well, this'll definitely get you a fat Christmas bonus."

"Very funny. I'm a fugitive... For you, Sam. I took all of this risk to get back to you, so, yeah, I deserve a damn "thank you.""

"Who asked you to save me?"

"I'm just trying to help."

"Can you help me save Dean?"

"No. Nothing I know of is powerful enough to do that."

Sam stopped the car by the roadside. "Then I have no use for you."

"What?"

"Get out."

"Sam."

"Whose body are you riding, Ruby?"

"What do you care? You've never asked me that before."

"I'm asking now."

"Some secretary."

"Let her go."

"Sam..."

"Or I send you right back to Hell."

HOSPITAL ROOM

A woman laid in a coma on a hospital bed with the name "Doe, Jane" on it.

"All right, pull it," the doctor said.

The machine began to beep as the woman died, but she suddenly sat up as Ruby entered her body.

"Who do I have to kill to get some French fries around here?" Ruby asked.

ABANDONED HOUSE

Sam was cleaning a gun. Someone knocked on the door. He grabbed a shotgun and opened the door, revealing Ruby, who was possessing coma girl.

She held up a piece of paper. "Proof. This body is 100% socially conscious. I recycle. Al Gore would be proud."

"You grabbed a coma patient?" Sam asked.

"You didn't want me to take a body with someone in it, and I made sure that the spirit was gone. Apartment was empty. You happy?"

"Why are you here?"

"I can't bring Dean back. But I can get you something else that you want.

"And, uh... what's that?"

"Lilith."

"You want me to use my psychic whatever."

"Look, I know that it spooks you-"

"Skip the speech. I'm ready. Let's go."

"Slow down there, cowboy."

"Just tell me what I have to do."

"Look, Lilith is one scary bitch. When I was in the Pit, there was talk. She's cooking up something big -- apocalyptic big."

"So let's kill her."

"You want to go in there and half-ass it like before? We have the time to get it right. Let's get it right."

"Okay. What do you want from me?"

"Well, a little patience... and sobriety. Promise me that... and I will teach you everything I know."

MOTEL ROOM

"So? What'd she teach you?" Dean asked.

Sam replied, "Well, the first thing I learned... I'm a crappy student."

ABANDONED HOUSE

Sam was trying to exorcise a demon tied to a chair in a devil's trap, but couldn't. Some black smoke came from the demon's mouth, but went back in. Sam held his head in pain. As the demon began to laugh, Ruby killed him with her knife.

"Not funny," Ruby retorted. "Just give it time, Sam. It'll get better."

"What?" Sam shot back. "I need more practice?"

"I'm not talking about pulling demons. I know losing Dean was-"

"Hey! I don't want to talk about it. You know what? Where do you get off slapping me with that greeting-card, time-heals crap? What the hell do you know?"

"I used to be human. And I still remember what it feels like to lose someone. I'm sorry." She put a hand on Sam's shoulder.

He shrugged her off. "Uhn-huh. Don't. I can't."

"Sam, you're not alone." She kissed him and he stood and walked away from her.

"What are you doing?"

"Sam, it's okay!"

"No, that is anything but okay!"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Where do I start?"

"Is it because of the body? Because I told you -- it's all me inside of here. There is no one else. And it's nice inside this body, Sam. Soft and warm." She started sitting on top of him.

"What are you doing?"

"Isn't it 'cause you're really scared to go there with a demon? Because it's wrong and it's bad and we shouldn't?"

Ruby and Sam began having sex.

MOTEL ROOM

"Sam?" Dean and Zach called.

"Yeah?" Sam replied.

"Too much information."

"Hey, I told you two I was coming clean."

"Yeah, but now Zach and I feel dirty," Dean said. "Okay, well, uh, brain-stabbing imagery aside... So far, all you've told us about is a manipulative bitch who, uh, screwed you, played mind games with you, and did everything in the back to get you to go bad."

"Yeah, well, there's more to the story."

Zach motioned for him to continue. "Just... skip the nudity, please."

"Pretty soon after... that, um... I put gas: together some signs... Omens."

"Saying what?" Dean and Zach questioned.

"Lilith was in town. And I wanted to strike her first."

FIVE MONTHS EARLIER

ABANDONED HOUSE

"You're not ready yet," Ruby said.

"It's now or never," Sam told her.

"No, we got to wait until you get it right. You haven't been too successful."

"All right, I'll use this." He held up the knife.

"Stop. You can't just fly in there reckless, Sam. We need you to take the bitch out."

"Oh, I'll take her out all right."

"You get one shot, and you're it. You're the only one who can do it, Sam. So if she kills you first..."

"What?"

"You don't want to survive this."

"Come on."

"It's a kamikaze attack. You want to die fighting Lilith."

"That's stupid."

"No, it's the truth, because if you kill her and you survive this, then you have to go on without your brother! This isn't what Dean would've wanted. This isn't what he died for." Ruby tried to stop him, getting in his way in front of the door.

"Get out of my way."

"No, Sam. This is suicide!"

Sam put Ruby aside with her knife on her throat and walked through the door.

SUBURBAN HOUSE

Sam saw a little girl in a house who was sitting at a table full of cakes and candies.

He snuck into the house with Ruby's knife, ready to kill Lilith.

"Please, I want to go home," the girl said.

Two demons attacked Sam from behind and Sam lost the knife.

"Lilith sends her regrets," a demon told Sam. "She couldn't make it."

Ruby took the knife from the floor and killed one of the demons. "Take the girl and run!"

The demon beat Ruby and she lost the knife. "Ruby, you're in so much trouble. When we get you down in the basement -- the things we're gonna do to you.

Sam returned and exorcised the demon with his mind.

"Sam," Ruby called.

"I'm okay," he replied. "Thanks."

MOTEL ROOM

"Ruby came back for me," Sam told Dean and Zach. "Whatever you two have to say, or think, she saved me. More than that, she got through to me. What she said to me... it's what you would've said. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here."

"Housekeeping," a maid called.

"Not now!" Dean yelled.

"Sir, I've got clean towels."

Dean opened the door and the maid entered.

"Couldn't you just leave 'em at the door?" Dean asked.

"I'm at this address," the maid said.

Sam frowned. "I'm sorry. What?"

"Go now. Go through the bathroom window, don't stop, don't take your car, don't pass go. There are demons in the hallway and in the parking lot."

"Ruby?"

"Okay, yes, so I'm possessing this maid for a hot minute. Sue me."

"What about-"

"Coma girl? Slowly rotting on the floor back at the cabin with Anna, so I've got to hurt back. See you when you get there. Go!"

CABIN

"Glad you could make it," Ruby said.

"Yeah, thanks," Sam replied, turning to the girl they'd rescued. "Anna, are you okay?"

"Yeah," Anna answered. "I think so. Ruby's not like other demons. She saved my life."

"Yeah, I hear she does that," Dean commented. "I guess I... You know."

"What?" Ruby asked.

"I guess I owe you for... Sam. And I just wanted... you know..."

"Don't strain yourself."

"Okay, then. Is the moment over?" Ruby nodded. "Good, 'cause that was awkward."

Anna turned to the younger Winchester. "Hey, Sam, you think it'd be safe to make a quick call, just to tell my parents I'm okay? They must be completely freaked."

"Uh..." Sam trailed.

"What?"

"Anna, um... Your parents..."

"What about them?"

"Look, I'm sorry."

"No, they're not..."

"Anna, I'm sorry."

"Why is this happening to me?"

"I don't know."

"They're coming," Anna warned.

"Back room," Dean and Zach said.

Sam took Anna to the back room, then returned.

"Where's the knife?" Ruby asked.

"Uh... about that..." Dean began.

"You're kidding."

"Hey, don't look at me or Zach."

Sam frowned. "Thanks a lot."

"Great," Ruby muttered. "Just peachy. Impeccable timing, guys, really."

The door rattled and violently burst open.

Castiel and Uriel entered.

"Please tell me you're here to help," Dean said. "We've been having demon issues all day."

"Well, I can see that," Uriel replied. "You want to explain why you have that stain in the room."

"We're here for Anna," Castiel explained.

"Here for her like... here for her?" Zach questioned.

"Stop talking," Uriel ordered. "Give her to us."

"Are you gonna help her?" Sam wondered.

"No, she has to die," Castiel said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 327 47
It had been one year since Alexis had been in the hunting world. One year since Sam had pushed Lucifer back into the pit and stopped the apocalypse...
194 24 12
In the world of normal, nothing is actually normal. Things do go bump in the night. That shadow you thought you saw? It was more than a shadow. They...
50K 1.6K 36
It's not easy for being a demon, but being the princess of hell, it's twice as hard. When Victoria was twelve years old, she tried to sell her soul f...
12.6K 300 38
your dean and Sam's little sister you have very little knowledge of them because your father John and your mom would slip up and mention 2 boys named...