Call Me Lover - LN4 / GR63

By rudimentals

George changed. Carla doesn't know when it happened, how or even where, but he has. He's not the same man sh... More

Description & Cast
Prologue / bent the truth too far
1 / she's the only one
2 / bring up the past
3 / steering clear of any headaches
4 / i try to defend you
5 / i know im not on ur mind
6 / dont deserve you
7 / ask if im taken and ill say take for granted
Text/ i understand just where he went wrong
8 / guess im naive
9 / tell him im dead if he calling me
11 / this party's over
12 / give me my dawns back
13 / can u take all the pressure
14/ maybe i need u
15 / crying over whats left
16/ I know the truth
17/ this is how i say im sorry: sorry
Epilogue / from everyday to never at all

10 / you got a man

3.9K 111 326
By rudimentals

Title from: So Much Better by Tinashe & G-Eazy

A 🦋 indicates the beginning of the sexual content, if you're not comfortable please feel free to skip x
If not...enjoy!!

Lando

"I can't..." Carla trails off, her voice tinted with a quiet frustration as she rummages through her tiny handbag. She curses to herself in semi-slurred mumbles as I sip from the cool bottle of water stolen from Martin's fridge. We round a corner my body bracing for the turn so I don't slide over to her on the exit. Then Carla huffs again and I arch a questioning eyebrow in her direction. "I can't find my key." The word is almost sobbed from her lips and makes my heart lurch in my chest because of my alcohol induced state.

"You can't find your-"

"My key! My key for the stupid flat." She stresses at me, her eyes not drifting from her bag as her fingers dig around every corner of her purse. As if it might make the metal key appear. To me if she can't find it from a quick glance the thing is gone. But there's a waver in her voice and tears gathering to her eyes that tells me that's not what she wants to hear. "For fucks sake!" Carla huffs slamming her hand down on the seat between us, it earns a warning look from the cab driver.

"Hey, alright!" I urge, trying to calm her down, she just shakes her head in defiance, lip wobbling as her frantic eyes search the near empty bag. "Carla it's okay," I try to comfort, the invention of the words feel like hard work in my swirling mind. Carla is right I'm wasted. I'm just not quite as wasted as her, but at least I managed to get her to finish a bottle and a half of water before the Uber arrived.

"The flat, I can't I-" her words are almost frantic and I don't know what to do. So I find myself reaching for her bag, snatching it out of her hands so that she can't manically claw at the lining for any longer.

"Relax." I instruct watching as Carla gathers herself almost immediately with the firm words. Her shoulders roll back and her sad eyes fall to me helplessly as if asking 'how' she would even begin to relax at a time like this. She still manages to heave in an uncertain breath.

"I can't get in without my key I-" Carla chokes, a strand of her hair falls from the carefully constructed bun on the back of her head to sway infront of her eyes. Her eyes which have clouded with the threat of tears. All of it caused by the stress of her missing keys.

"You can stay at mine." The suggestion falls out of me without even a thought. Carla's big eyes look to me, the panic draining from me as she processed the words. It's no big deal I guess, Carla can take my bed and I'll be on the sofa if it will stop the tears from gathering. Nothing I haven't done for friends before. Our only other option would be to take her home to Buckinghamshire, but that's an hour away and the thought of being in this cab longer than we need to be makes me want to hurl. The next option would be to call George, but I don't want to witness their screaming match and Carla doesn't want to be near George tonight. She shakes her head with my suggestion but it's weak and lacking many confidence her movements usually come with. I just nod in reply reaching to run a soothing hand over her back as she sniffles quietly, shoulders unwinding.

If Carla's in this state I don't want her to be alone.

There's a frustrated voice in my mind which wants to point out that if George hadn't ditched her tonight there wouldn't have even been the opportunity for her to be alone in the first place. He should've been there! He could've been there, I'm not buying his story about getting 'caught up' at the office. Not at all. I let him know as much when he texted to ask that I look out for Carla tonight. Of course I got dismissed, told that I didn't know anything (as apparently I never do), to mind my business and that above all he's sorry - not that I needed to know that. I ended up replying to him with a simple 'I'll keep an eye on her', ignoring every other message and pleaded word. None of his words mattered. Nothing was going to heal anything for Carla, at least not tonight.

What mattered was the annoyance I felt towards George everytime I looked to Carla fighting her unsure expression. Everytime her lips wobbled with the threat of tears that his decisions were causing. What matters is that she needs to realise she can do better, because for all that George can bring her (money, security, [when he feels like it] love), he's taking away so much more. I get why Carla's friends hate George. I, as Carla's friend, am beginning to hate George a little bit too. I already dislike him in moments like this.

"I don't know..." Carla trails off unsure, her sniffling has subsided and instead her drunk lazy eyes just look into my own clouded ones. Before I shake my head decisively.

"Hey, mate?" I call to the driver, Carla's eyes are still stuck on mine and mine on hers. Something lurches in my chest with how she's looking at me and I feel myself grow warm with nerves at my next words. "Forget that first stop, just my place please." I instruct the driver who only grunts in response before taking a left. My heart thrums at the change of direction a wave of nerves hitting me. I can't be nervous for Carla to see my home, or rather Max's home that I steal every time I'm here (I own the place after all). It's just a half empty flat, nothing special. I hardly think that Carla will be in the state to judge my half-arsed interior design choices anyway- she certainly won't notice the rogue socks and Mclaren polo I left on the floor of my room before leaving this morning. She just needs water and sleep.

"I've never been to your flat here." Carla hums in thought. The pensive worried look has dropped from her face, as if she can't even recall our previous conversation, or at least not any of the uncertainty that came with it. I can't help the smile that grows on my face with her words.

"I wasn't aware you'd been to any of my flats?" The teasing words make Carla smile and relax into her spot. Her hands unwind from the fists they had gathered into and she falls back into the car seat from her previous tense position. She thinks over my words for a moment, as if checking mentally if she's ever attended a home of mine secretly.

"Well, no." She hums, there's a smile that rivals my own teasing one. Her whole body has brightened with the expression and it's the best thing I've seen all night. "I've been to your brother's house though." Carla adds and I can't help but laugh at her words. Of course, the stupid Christmas party.

"This year Carls, I swear!" I promise my attendance at this Christmas's party for the fiftieth time today. If I knew she was going to that party I never would've missed it. I wish I could properly remember why I missed it.

The rest of our cab ride goes like this. We tease eachother and tell jokes, at some point she snatched her bag back from my hands and whips out a bag of mini cookies. There's only seven in the packet, but we share them through giggles at how ridiculous it is that she always carries around snacks. 'George doesn't like to eat until late' was Carla's defence today, I didn't want to remind her that their reservation was at a normal dinner time. I enjoyed the snack too much.

When the taxi pulled up outside of the flat I barely even noticed that we'd stopped, too caught up with Carla. My cheeks ache from laughing and the swirl in my head from the alcohol I'd drank in an effort to keep up with her makes it impossible to stop. I throw £50 at the cab driver carelessly as we stumbled outside and into the building through insane giggles that we both fail to contain. They echo around the lift to the third floor and then the hallway until we reach the door.

"I need water." Carla declares the moment I push open the white door to the flat. The place is entirely in darkness as my hands messily climb around the wall for the tiny light switch. I can feel my head spinning as I try to find the button, the darkness making me feel even more drunk than before. I'm grumbling until I find the small switch, slapping it on with a cheer of triumph which Carla quickly echoes.

I make quick work of fulfilling her wish, locking the door behind us, guiding her to the kitchen and grabbing two glasses which are quickly filled with cool water from the fridge dispenser and handing one her way. "Water." I cheer in relief, raising my own glass to my lips and gulping it down. My mouth suddenly feels dry, maybe it's because of the way Carla's eyes are dancing around every surface of the place and taking it all in.

Silence swims between us along with our tipsy thoughts as Carla focuses on downing the clear liquid in her glass before reaching for more. I'm only half way done with my own, the water too cold on my throat to drink in one go - I'll regret it in the morning. When Carla's halfway finished her second glass she places the the cup to her side and reaches to take off her heels. She slips the left one off first, her toe nails painted a soft blue to match her shimmering dress, then the right. A low grateful groan leaves her lips as she shrinks in size about three inches - head sinking from the level of my forehead to my shoulder.

"Thanks." The word is quiet and I immediately shake it away. There's no need to thank me, I was never going to leave her in the street outside of her flat. As if reading my mind Carla shakes her own head in refusal. "For all of tonight." She clarifies and I make a quiet 'oh' before shrugging.

"It's nothing, all good Carls." I hum reaching for another sip of water. She refuses to accept the words.

"It's a lot." Carla defies. "I'm just your friends girlfriend and you really went out of your way." Her words are clearer before, a sign that the water is clearing her head more than mine. I'm glad, the way she kept twisting her ankle left my stomach lurching with worry.

"I promised Ge-" I begin but cut myself off. I did promise George I'd look after her, that's a fact - but it's not why I invited Carla tonight. It's not why I kept an eye out for her all night even escorting her as far as the loo everytime she pointed in the direction of the door or the kitchen when her cup was empty. "You're my mate Carla. I'm pretty sure you're more my friend than George is, so don't say shit like that."

There's a beat of silence and I worry I've spilled too much. That I've been too honest. My tongue can't seem to keep up with my thoughts, words slipping out messily and not in ways I'd like. Then Carla smiles, the grin meeting her golden eyes so that they glow under the spotlight of the kitchen. "Noted." She says the word through the smile, looking giddy at the prospect of being better friends with me that George was. She certainly knows more about my life currently than George.

We fall into silence as I focus on finishing my water. Carla sways in her spot a little, humming a song to herself into the quiet of the apartment.

"You know earlier?" Carla arches an eyebrow at my unspecific words. Earlier could mean this afternoon or the cab ride here, there's a lot of places it could've been. "You said all your friends hate him." I explain, the line has been quietly echoing in my mind all night, no matter what, my brain always drifting back to the desperately frantic words which came through my phone. Carla sounded so hopeless when they fell from her, as if I was her last hope. She just nods in confirmation, remembering the panicked words that fell from her devastated lips. "Don't think I'm not included in it."

"Lando..." my name is said with a frown that I hate.

"He should've been there today, not just tonight - today. Everyone knows it, I know it, Max knows it and you know it - fuck me I hope George knows it." I watch as Carla cringes with my words. "But even with that you were so gracious and good." She mumbles a small 'stop' but it's weak and doesn't do a thing to deter me. "You're fantastic Carla!" Even through the layers of makeup she's wearing I can see her cheeks warm to pink. My heart is pounding in my chest with the words that have been in my mind for weeks. She should know it, it's stupid that she doesn't.

"And I don't think he allows you to see it." I swallow, the action feels thick. "I think he knows that if he reminded you of how great you are too much you wouldn't be with him. You're so creative, loving and funny and you'd never judge anyone, even if it's over barely being able to stomach a flipping shot." Carla doesn't laugh at my attempt of a joke instead I just looking to me with parted lips. I can see the thoughts running around her mind. "You deserve someone which makes you feel like you're the most fantastic person in the whole of London cause your are. I know he's my mate but you deserve so much better than being ditched on date ni-" I'm cut off mid sentence.

It takes me a moment to comprehend it, like before my mouth taking a second to catch up with my brain. But there's lips against mine, Carla's lips. Carla's lips are on mine and my heart is thrumming at the hot buzzing sensation rushing through me.

Our mouths are tangled in a messy deep kiss that makes my head spin with conflicting emotions. This is...this can't happen. It shouldn't happen. It's wrong on so many levels. It's Carla, my friend. My friend Carla. Carla who is amazing in every way, apart from she's with George. George my friend. George one of my best mates, who I've known since I was twelve.

This can't happen, it's wrong.

But if it's really wrong why does my whole world suddenly feel like it's shifted into place? Why does the part of me that's been wondering what to do since I broke things off with Lu last year feel complete? Why does this feel like exactly where I should be? Why does it feel like this is where Carla has belonged the whole time? Why can't I stop?

Carla is addictive, that's why I can't stop. I don't ever want this to stop.

Without thinking my hands fall to her hips, it forces a low growl of desire to fall from her lips. Her lips which are still sinfully pressed into mine. The material of her dress is so thin I can feel everything through it. The heat radiating from her skin, the softness to her hips and the edge of her underwear which stretches so high on her hip I can feel my mouth watering. The pull from my lower half instant.

What the fuck are we doing?

A tug on my hair from Carla pulls be back down to earth, into now. Into her. And fuck me...now is so perfect. I push her backwards, taking small shuffled steps forward until her lower back makes contact with the counter, when she's there I lift her onto the surface without even thinking about it. "Lan," the pleaded gasp of my name makes my trousers tighten further.

"I know." I promise, because I do know. I know we shouldn't do this, or be doing this. I know how good it feels. I know that I need her and she's most certainly on the same level. That much is confirmed when she wraps her legs around my waist pulling me tight against her. I can't help the sound that comes from me, it's deep and uncontrollable. Everything suddenly makes so much sense; Max's warnings, the way my heart aches every time I see so much of a threat of a frown on her face; I've wanted Carla. And I'm not stupid for thinking she wants me too.

🦋

Her criminal hips grind against mine, tugging at the last bit of self restraint and awareness I have as her hands explore every inch of me. Her greedy hands have slipped under the light material of my linen shirt and Carla's touch burns me in the most delicious way. I'm not sure if it's her touch is making my mind swirl or the alcohol which is still racing through my system - I don't want to know. I don't want to think. I'm desperate to touch Carla the same way she's touching me. My hands rake down her body, brushing down the shimmering fabric of her dress over her hips and her bare thighs which tremble with the contact of my fingers. I need to touch more of her.

"Tell me I can do this." I beg, I need to hear the words from her lips, her delicious lips that I never want to leave mine. Carla's tongue grazes my lower lip, teasing me as I hang on for her words, my hands wrapping around her thighs and pulling her harder against me so she can feel me. I can't do this without her saying so, I can't be the only bad guy here - even when this is so bad.

"Lando." She repeats my name. I shake my head with the whispered pleas of my name. I need more than that.

"I need to know it's okay Carls." It's not okay, it's never going to be okay. But just for now I need her to tell me it's okay. That I can let my fingers explore her bare skin without her hating me in the morning. I can't think straight, I certainly can't think about more than this. The heat between her legs is driving me insane and I need to hear the words from her. I need to be okay.

For a few seconds she's quiet, our lips battle whilst she thinks and selfishly I'm hoping she's not thinking too hard or too deep. Her sharp polished nails scrape into the skin at the lower of my back, pulling me closer if that's even possible. It feels good. The friction is perfect but it's not enough. The sound that falls from me let's her know as much, and Carla loves it.

"It's okay." In her lust Carla's voice has sank into something raspy and velvety, gone is the sweet tone I'm so accustomed to. In a way that helps. For a moment I'm worried I've imagined her gasped words, that I'm convincing myself they've been said, but when my fingers skirt up under the material of her dress to find her underwear which had me almost weak in the knees only minutes ago I know I'm not imagining a thing.

The material is soft and stretches over her hip and when I follow it down to the apex of her thighs it's soaked. My chest heaves at the knowledge, the pull to her feeling harder than before. If I think about it all too much I'll explode. When I push the soft material to the side Carla's lips fall from mine, her head lulling back in the pleasure she's been craving - that we've both been craving. My fingers explore her, looping up from the spot which has her purring and down to her entrance, where I want to bury myself completely.

She's soaked. Slick with evidence of the instant and messy arousal between us and I can't help but tease her entrance with my fingers. At some point through her hums of pleasure she's pulled at her dress so that it's come over her head. It leaves the whole of her body on display, her bare breasts falling up and down in time with her heaved hot breaths, nipples hard and puckered begging for my mouth to cover them. It's the best thing I've ever seen. I can't tear my eyes away.

"Fuck me." The words are gasped from Carla.

They make me feel like I'm free falling.

"Fuck me." She repeats in a whisper, her hips writing until my finger dips inside. The velvet isn't just dripping from Carla's voice, she is velvet. Desperate, perfect and entirely liquid velvet. Her hands are on me still, the whole thing is dizzying to the point that I'm struggling to stay on two feet. Especially when her fingers find the waistband of my trousers, sinking under material of my boxers until they wrap around me entirely.

My head falls onto her shoulder at the feel of her against my length. Her trembling fingers pressing with the most delicious pressure before rolling up to the tip and circling the sensitive skin there at a torturous rate. This shouldn't be happening. Yet still my entire being shudders with the contact of Carla on me, my eyes fanning closed as I press messy kisses to the skin of her neck. She smells like vanilla and sex, no doubt caused by the mess between her legs and the precum she's currently dragging her thumb through at the tip of my dick.

Curses fly from me without thought as I blindly fish for my wallet her words ringing through my ears. 'Fuck me'. When I have it in my hands it takes all of my focus to find the condom tucked behind the gym membership card in there. 'Fuck me'. The moment it's in her sight Carla has taken the small foil square from my hands, making quick work of tearing it open as I shrug off my shirt. I feel like I'm in a dream, my heart racing and pounding in my chest. There's nothing I can do to stop this from happening now.

Carla's brown eyes meet mine as she pushes down the last barrier between us, using the heels of her feet to drag down the soft cotton of my boxers, nimble fingers rolling the condom over me. How we got from me escorting her to the door of her flat to this point I don't know, I don't understand it at all. My head is spinning. I don't want to understand. 'Fuck me' the velvet purr echoing through my mind pulls me back in the moment followed by another tug on my thick curls. I like when she does that.

Carla's arousal glistens under the dim kitchen lights as I brush the tip of myself against that sweet bundle of nerves. My mouth waters at the thought of how she tastes. I imagine musky with tints of fruit and vanilla - exactly how she smells when I bury my head in her neck to lay heavy kisses on her hot skin. The very idea of my head buried between her legs makes my dick feel heavier. I need something more now. Carla's pants turn to quiet whines as I line myself up at her entrance, my eyes seeking hers as a final okay. I've got an awful feeling that the world is about to come crashing down.

She grasps her breasts as she meets my gaze, toying with her dark nipples as her head twitches slightly. A nod. An okay.

Without a second more of hesitation my hips rock forward and I'm filling Carla entirely. She's burning hot (just like all of her), tight and - as always - perfect. A cry of pleasure falls from her plump lips at the same time the groan leaves mine. Once more her head is thrown back and I snatch the opportunity, taking her desperate breast into my mouth, tongue swirling around her rock hard nipple. At the action I can feel her tighten around me and I think I might die.

"Fuck." Her velvety voice croons when I pull back "More." Carla begs, pleasure rolling up my spine as I begin to move with her smooth hips grasped in my hands.

————
....
I hope this was okay 🫣

I honestly did not plan to write more than them kissing and now we're here... is everyone good? With this?

Okay I'm going into hiding now! See ya in a week or 2 😘

❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 10.2K 74
in which a YouTuber gets an offer to fake a relationship with a famous Formula 1 driver ▷ • ---------- • ϟ [ l...
270K 4.4K 61
Jona is your typical student. Loves to party, enjoys life, but most of all wants to thrive. Being given the assignment to find an internship for her...
95.7K 1.9K 17
"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐯𝐞𝐞." 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡... lando norris is in love with his best friends littl...
951K 18.7K 85
"𝙤𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙙, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨" "𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚" in which two awkward adolescents...