Unconditional Love

By yunkistr

End of sophomore year with your group of friends was a blast. Jake finally confesses his love for you after a... More

π“‰π“Œπ‘œ
𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
π’»π‘œπ“Šπ“‡
𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“
π“ˆπ‘’π“‹π‘’π“ƒ
𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝓉𝑒𝓃
𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
π“‰π“Œπ‘’π“π“‹π‘’
𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
π’»π‘œπ“Šπ“‡π“‰π‘’π‘’π“ƒ ~ π“Šπ“ƒπ“‰π’Ύπ“ 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 π“Žπ‘’π’Άπ“‡.

π‘œπ“ƒπ‘’

76 1 1
By yunkistr

Hi hi!! before you start reading I just wanted to say a couple of things..

This story will have some TW in the beginning of chapters if it's gonna contain anything I think would be triggering for you all.

So please! Be aware of that!
I would list the trigger warnings now but..

I have no idea what's gonna happen as i'm writing this story from scratch, and making ideas as I do so.

So sorry for that. Also this IS my first ever book i've published so, sorry for the misspelling and bad writing skills as I am still learning.

I am also new to the enhypen fandom so I MAY NOT KNOW A LOT LMAO.. apologies for that as well, if you'd like to tell me more about the guys and stuff, please be my guest and comment some ideas!!!

With that being said, enjoy <3

"Ready?" Lisa held onto my arm. "So ready!" I smiled. "Okay.. 3, 2, 1!"

"WERE BACK!!" We both shouted at the same time as we ran into the ice cream parlor. All the boys gasped and quickly looked our way, the workers stopped as well, but went back to their normal schedule as they saw it was us.

"Oh my- YOURE BACK!" Jungwon exclaimed and ran up to us, we both hugged him as we laughed hysterically. He poked our cheeks and smiled as he pulled back.

"Chi chi! Tuna!!!" Niki smiled and gave us a hug next, Heeseung stood behind him with his hands behind his back

"Niki!! Stop calling me Tuna okay?" Lisa patted his head, "Chi chi is cute!" I nodded.

We took turns saying hi to everyone, me and Lisa were gone the entire summer, at summer camp. Both our parents agreed to sign us up, so we haven't seen the boys in so long.

It was the month before school, so we had a whole month left to enjoy summer together before Junior year.

"How was camp!" Jay asked, "It was very fun! Lots of crafting, activities, and swimming!" Lisa listed the things we did.

"Any bugs? Boogeyman? Stories at the campfire?" Sunghoon smiled from his seat, "Yes! All of that." I nod,

"That sounds cool, I wanna come next summer!" Sunoo giggled.

I stopped as I looked over at Jake, who seemed quiet, he was staring at all of us smiling as he sat beside a.. girl?

"Oh!" Lisa forced a smiled,

who was she?

Words said from JAKE, we agreed no more people in the party unless someone were dating someone. Then only it is acceptable.. wait..

"Hi- Jake!" I smiled, "hi Scarlett. Lisa! Welcome back." He waved, I smiled lightly,

"Who's this?" Lisa asked, looking at the girl beside her, she had long black hair, and looked like a whole model. She was stunning. She wore a pretty light green dress and she had long legs. And hazel looking eyes, as the sun from outside reflected on them nicely,

The boys went quiet and sat back down and ate their ice cream quietly. "Ah! This is Melina. We met this summer and turns out she's going to Hyphen High School this year with us! I thought it'll be cool to let her hangout with us so she won't be alone." Jake smiled.

I nodded slowly, Lisa just fiddled with her fingers, "Hi! Nice to meet you two. I've heard lots about you guys." She got up and bowed at us, "Hii!" I waved, Lisa just smiled.

This was awkward. "So.. are you two.. dating?" Lisa asked, "Yes!" said Melina, "No!" said Jake, at the same time. Everyone went quiet,

the boys all stared at Jake, then Melina, then me and Lisa, my eyes widened and I looked over at Lisa, who was already looking at me.

Melina turned to Jake, with a hurt and confused expression, "We've just been .. hanging out." Jake cleared his throat. "Right boys?" he asked everyone,

"Uh huh." Sunoo nodded slowly, and they all agreed, Melina then turned back to us and nodded.

"Ohhhkayyy. Well! We're back so, let's hang out!" Jay cleared the tension building up. "Yes! Let's go somewhere?" Niki suggested. I watched as Melina sat back beside Jake, and they giggled at each other.

I couldn't wonder but think, Did he forget... about what happened before the start of summer? What about- ugh. I couldn't stand it.

Seeing them laughing, and lightly pushing each other. It's like he didn't even care that me and Lisa were back, he was soooo busy.

"I'm gonna head home. I've got bags to unpack!" I fake smiled, "Aww! Okay Chi chi!" Sunghoon waved, they all waved happily, Jake just stopped and stared at me.

"Are you sure girl? I can come with you if you'd like." Lisa whispered, "Ah no it's okay! But thank you. See you all later!" I waved again.

I turned away and left the shop, hoping Jake would come chasing after me, but he didn't so.. I just got back on my bike, and left.

I wanted to stay of course. But it was just so awkward. Before the end of the school year, me and Jake got closer than ever.

We hung out every day after school, participated in so many school events,

even the boys noticed we were getting closer than usual, and they all cheered for us anyway, Lisa thought it was 'A love story forming'

We went on dates, late night car drives in his very nice car, all nighters on the phone and more.

Once school was over, we were all at the beach enjoying our time and having fun, this was the day before me and Lisa left to camp, so we made it worth it.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Jake confessed his feelings for me. We kissed but.. he then said he didn't know how it would go because I wouldn't be here this summer.

I told him we could figure it out when I came back, he just sighed and never even gave me a proper "Bye"

~~~

"No! Don't splash me Niki!" I shouted as Niki kept splashing me with water. I quickly ran out of the water and walked over to Lisa, who was applying sun screen.

"No water?" I ask, "Nope! I'm gonna make my beaded necklaces, I didn't bring all of my stuff for no reason!" She giggled.

I looked back over at the Niki and Heeseung playing in the water,

Jungwon and Sunoo was building a sandcastle, and Sunghoon sat back already eating his packed sandwiches guiding them on how to make the sandcastle in the first place instead of helping.

Jay was taking pictures of everyone for memories. Jake? He just stood beside him, but looking at me.

He was literally my best friend, I smiled and rolled my eyes sarcastically. I got up and walked over to him, "Duh loser! What's with the staring?" I giggle.

"Oh come on. How could I not?" he grinned, I realized, I was wearing a bathing suit. I just blushed and looked over at the water. He then grabbed my hand and dragged me further away from everyone.

God what was up with this dude dragging me?

"I want to tell you something. Before you leave." He says once we were far enough to have our own privacy.

"Okay! What's up?" I place a hand on my hip. "I- If it wasn't obvious enough this school year, I like you Scarlett. I little too much." he chuckled, I just melted into his words,

"But now that you're leaving I don't know how to feel." I sighed, and looked down. I grabbed his face, making him look back at me.

"You're saying it as if I won't be back. Once I come back, we can figure it out? Yeah?" I tilt my head, he smiled and nodded slowly.

He then grabbed my cheeks and pulled me closer, "May I? Loser?" He smiled, admiring my face, "Of course, idiot." I giggled, admiring his pretty face as well,

His lips then touched mine, I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. I loved this boy so much. I couldn't wait till I came back and we could figure this out, for good.

~~~

The cool summer wind pushed my hair out of face as I rode slowly back home. I couldn't stop thinking about that time.. that flashback.. that memory.

What are the odds that.. he was so in love with me, and now over the summer and got closer with someone else and lost his feelings for me. Now he had to cover them up by saying stupid things like he doesn't want it to ruin anything.

When the entire group wanted us together. Especially Niki, he was our biggest supporter on it. Lisa too. The whole group. They loved us together.

All the times just the two of us had, gone because of some new girl he met? I just wonder.. what did they do this summer that made him change his mind like that..

And besides, it doesn't bit the same anymore, I mean.. are we even best friends anymore?

I honestly felt as if the boys knew something happened, because of how awkward they got when she spoke..

But enough of Jake right? I had to unpack and greet my parents.

-

Once I got home, I parked my bike on the side of the house, I ran up the stairs and walked in. My bags were at the front door from earlier when me and Lisa dropped our bags off quickly to meet the boys.

Looks like i'm back now.

"Mom! Dad!" I called out, "Yah! Is my sweetheart back!?" I heard my mom call from the living room, I went in and only saw my mom sitting on the couch watching her favorite comedy show.

"Hi Mama!" I smiled and gave her a hug, she hugged me back tightly, as I let go, I sat beside her. "How was camp?" she asked, turning her attention on me.

"Very fun! Lisa and I made many art crafts!" I explained, she smiled softly. "Where's dad?" I ask, "Oi.." she sighed.

Before I left, my mom and dad argued a lot. Over the smallest things. and their marriage was on edge. the only reason i was excited to leave to camp, was to get away from all the arguing.

"Hm?" I ask, "Your father has left. He moved out July." she says, avoiding eye contact.

He left!? "Oh.." I simply say, I could see my moms facial expressions change. "I'm gonna go unpack now." I said quickly with a smile, and left.

I wasn't upset, but I wasn't happy either, although my dad wasn't the best at times, but we still had our good moments.

And I was so excited to finally come home and say hi. Hoping that maybe.. they'd change and things would go back to the way they were.

Now great.. I totally lost my best friend in Jake, and my dad wasn't here anymore. I carried my bags up the stairs and back into my room.

As I walked in, my refreshing room made me smile. "I missed you." I mumbled to myself and I looked around, the wood cabin made me miss my room very much.

I sat my bags down and flopped onto my bed. I sighed into my pillow. I grabbed my favorite plushie, and held it close.

What happened over the summer? Is Jake and Melina really.. a thing? Is that why the boys got so awkward all of a sudden?

So many thought ran through my head at once. It was overwhelming,

So I ignored my thoughts and began to unpack my bag, as I did so, I heard my phone ring. I picked it up,

Jakey <3 is calling...

I sighed.

The contact name he set for himself.

Should I answer? Oh fuck it.

I pressed accept and heard his voice, "Scarlett! Why'd you run offf? we miss you! We wanted to hangout." I heard him complain, I did miss them so so much, but.. i didn't want things to be awkward.

"Ahh, i'm sorry." I say, biting my thumb, "i- um.. can we talk soon?" he then said, making my eyes light up, "Yes! I mean.. yeah of course." I said and face palmed myself.

'real cool nerd'

"Okay. We're going to have a huge sleepover at my moms house.. she's still overseas so, you could come!" he suggests, how would we talk if everyone is gonna be there.

"I mean- okay yeah! I'll be there." I shrug, "See you soon Chi chi!" he giggled and hung up the phone.

Chi chi.. The nickname Niki gave me, It was this stupid dance called, "Do the Chi Chi." where you had to dance like a chicken, I had got dared in lunch to do the dance in the middle of the cafeteria, me being the idiot I am, I did it.

Ever since then, they won't stop calling me Chi chi, they call Lisa Tuna because we poured tuna into her sandwich one day, and she didn't even taste it,

she hates tuna but that day she didn't even notice she was eating it.

I threw my phone to the side, ugh. I just wish this wasn't as awkward as it is. I don't want this to affect anything with the other guys and Lisa.

I decided to keep one of my bags packed, since i was heading out again. I grabbed the bag and my phone and ran back downstairs.

"Yah! Mama!" I called out, "Yes dear!"

"I'm heading to Jakes! For a sleepover." I say, "Ah okay! Have fun and be safe!" she shouted and I left the door. I grabbed my bike once again.

I swung my leg over and began to ride, I still remember where Jake lived by heart, the amount of times after school i'd come over and help him and his mom around the house.

So many memories, I hope wouldn't be ruined because of some stupid thing.

-

I arrived at Jakes house, and saw Lisa's bike, and Sunghoon and Jakes car in the driveway, where was his mom? I know overseas but where though?

I park my bike besides Lisa's and walked up to the door, I rung the doorbell, I heard laughter coming from inside the house, the door suddenly swung open.

"Chi chi!" Niki smiled brightly, "Hi Niki!" I smiled, "Why'd you leave us?" he sighed, "Oiii, i'm sorry! I had to unpack." I gave him a thumbs up.

He chuckled and let me inside, Jake had the biggest house out of everyone in the group, his mother was a real estate agent and had loads of money. So all the fun activities were held at his house, always.

I turned to my right and saw everyone in the huge living room. Heeseung and Jungwon were too busy playing mobile games on the couch,

Sunoo and Sunghoon were fighting over the remote, as Netlfix was on, Lisa was painting her nails as Jay watched carefully,

Jake was on his phone and.. Melina!? My smiled faded. I whispered to Niki before he could walk back in and announce I was here.

"Why is she here?" I asked him, "She's been everywhere. Jake has brought her to all our places, that are for us only, and she's always with him. Sometimes he even forgets about us, he'll leave and go out with her and won't say a word to us." He shrugged.

I sighed. So he was leaving them out too? That's so messed up.

"Let's not pay attention to it, yeah? Let's just have fun." Niki gave me a reassuring smile, "Thanks Niki." I poked his arm, he always knew how to make me happy again,

he nodded and held my hand and dragged me inside.

"Chi chi is here!" Jungwon shouted, Lisa ran over and hugged me carefully not to mess up her nails. "I'm doing yours next! Come- sit!" she exclaimed.

I looked over at Jake, who was still busy on his phone as Melina watched over his shoulder.

I scoffed and paid my attention back to Lisa, Jay noticed how uncomfortable I was, "You okay?" he asked, Lisa stopped what she was doing and scanned my face.

"Oh! What's wrong?" she frowned, "Nothing! Nothing!" I shook my head and smiled, "Okay, let me know okay?" Lisa patted my arm and started my nails. I tried to stop looking over at Jake.

But him and Melina were laughing at his phone as they watched something.

'the fuck is so funny over there?'

I sighed. He didn't even notice I came in. Did he?
-

Everyone was in the kitchen, as we decided to bake cookies. Fighting over who mixes the batter, trying to stop others from eating cookie dough and more.

I was in the living room, charging my phone and just thinking. I got lost out of my thoughts when I saw Jake walk in.

"Oh, hey." I smile, he sat beside me. "Are you okay? You aren't in the kitchen with everyone else?" he asked,

"Im fine." I lied, but I covered it with a smile. He nodded and smiled back. It then got very silent, I didn't like the tension building up, so I said whatever came to mind first.

"Sooo- Melina?" I ask, "Oh yeah. She's pretty cool huh?" he giggled, I just glared at him, he noticed me and his smile faded.

"Listen uh, about the beginning of the s-"

"Jake! Help! Jungwon is throwing flour at everyone!" Melina said cutting him off, as she stood in front of us with flour all over her hair and her pretty green dress.

"Ah! I'm sorry, I'm busy right now. Just take cover!" Jake joked, her smiled faded slightly and she made eye contact with me for 3 seconds before chuckling and running back into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, "As you were saying?" I ask, "So-

He was cut off again from the sounds of screamed and laughing coming from the kitchen, "How about we step outside?" He asked, I nodded and he grabbed my arm gently and dragged me outside.

He closed the door and the sun was setting as the sky was a pretty orange and yellow.

"So.. I know I- confessed my feelings for you. And I know it was really unexpected.." He scratched his neck, too busy looking at the floor.

"But I do want to say, I don't regret kissing you. I like you a lot Scarlett. I'm just afraid it'll effect our friendship." He says and fiddled with his fingers.

I thought for a moment,

'does he like Melina now?'

"Oh- I mean.. Okay." I shrug, he suddenly looked up at me, and I looked down this time.

He grabbed my chin, and forced me to look up at him, "But don't let this ruin anything okay? I'm just not ready for a relationship. We're cool okay?" He smiled, I stared into his pretty eyes.

I loved him so much. I've had such a huge crush on him the first time I seen him on the first day of school. But he had the looks, the athletics and more, so I knew..

I had no chance with him.

But at least I was his best friend. That's all I needed.

And besides, Melina was practically a whole model, she was gorgeous.

"Okay Jake." I say, "And let's not tell the boys about this." He chuckled, I nodded, I was upset, but he had a point.

This was gonna ruin a lot of things, and I didn't want that for me, him, Lisa, or the guys. So I went along with it.

Maybe I just had to wait until he was ready for a relationship.. but the way he acted with Melina, it was as if she took my spot?

No.. no. Right? Jake then brought me inside the house. He let go of my arm and ran into the kitchen. "Ah! Jake!" Melina shouted and ran into his arms, Jungwon came over and poured flower on both of them as they screamed together.

I sighed.

This won't be a good school year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 13.4K 49
y/n, who just transferred to korea to live with her parents and continue her studies with her friend sunoo, one day she meet her dormate named jake w...
138K 7.9K 32
Hwayoung works as a young therapist and meets Yang Jungwon, her classmate and now, her patient. He suffers from anxiety and PTSD due to his mistreatm...
203K 8.1K 29
It all started when the girl lend the crying boy her umbrella on a rainy day, who knew she had the ability to fix his broken heart? - enemies to love...