i know your name | peter park...

By jaylovesced

"He knows my name." he says to himself in a panic. "He saw my camera, it had my name on it. He knows my name... More

one
two

three

6 0 0
By jaylovesced

Monday.

Aubrey's least favorite day of the week. Nothing good ever happens on mondays.

Until today.
Aubrey and Gwen met up before the bell rang in the morning, heading to class together. Their first period went on like usual, nothing much happening. Then they part ways for their second period, which Aubrey shares with Peter. She sparks up a small conversation before their teacher begins the lecture, as she sits directly in front of him.

Pretty boring day.

But it only got more boring. Nothing new, nothing changed.

That was until her last period, which she also shared with Peter.

PE, her least favorite subject.

She's never really been an active girl so having to take the class for her senior year was kind of a drag.

She and Gwen were sitting on the bleachers, while the boys played a small game of basketball.

She saw Peter with his camera, not in his PE uniform.

She had nothing to do, as she had pulled the cramps card on her teacher, so she opted for watching quietly.

She wasn't really keeping up with the game until she heard some commotion coming from somewhere to her right.

She looked over to see a girl painting a banner, but her paint had been knocked over. She realized the commotion had been the girl screaming at Flash.

He knocked the paint over.

"You better watch your back." She hears the tailend of flash's threat to the girl.

Idiot.

She sees Peter walk over to help the girl, when the ball is thrown back in that direction but surprisingly caught quickly by Peter.

"Why don't you take it from me." he challenges Flash, walking to the middle of the gym. "Go ahead, Flash. Take it." Flash tries to grab the ball from him, but Peter's quicker. He swiftly switches the ball to his other hand behind his back, embarrassing the bully. "Dude, just take it, come on."

It happens again.

Peter is quicker than Flash.

This goes on for a little bit longer, Peter even covering his eyes at one point, before Flash challenges Peter.

Aubrey watched as Peter backed up, ready to run at Flash. He runs and everyone stills as he shoves Flash out of his way, jumping right up onto the basketball hoop, completely shattering the backboard.

Silence.

After the initial shock, Peter is immediately sent to the office.

Aubrey quietly laughs to herself and Gwen at the situation, heading to their next class for the day. After that class, Aubrey finds herself in the hallway when she sees a familiar face.

"Look, it's Aubrey." She hears Peter's uncle say to him. "Hi Aubrey."

"Hi, Mr. Parker." she says with a shy smile.

"Don't forget Aunt May." Ben says to Peter before leaving.

"So," Aubrey starts, walking slowly towards the boy. "You get expelled?"

"No, no I didn't get expelled." He chuckles. "I got community service."

There's a beat of silence, before Peter speaks up again.

"So, you want to..." he trails off.

"Want to what?" she asks quietly.

"I dont know." he replies breathily. "Uh, we could...just...I don't know. Or we could do something else, if you want. I don't know." he rambles, not making any sense. But Aubrey understands what he means and what he's trying to do, and she cant help the butterflies she feels in her stomach at his nonsensical words.

"Yeah." she says with a grin.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, whichever."

"Really?"

"Yeah." she says quietly.

"Okay, alright. Good, sounds good." he says with a blush on his cheeks.

"Great."

"Yeah, but I can't–I can't right now."

"Oh ok, got it." she teases.

"Yeah, I'm so busy right now," he says.

"Right, yeah me too." she chuckles.

"But you know, maybe..."

"Yeah, some other time." she says with a full smile now on her face.

"Okay great." he says quietly, before he starts slowly walking backwards towards the doors. "See you." he says quietly.

"Bye." she says even quieter, going the opposite way.

The two teens finally parted ways with identical smiles glued to their faces.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Aubrey goes about the rest of her day pretty easily. She heads home after school to catch up on some homework, before taking a short nap. When she wakes up, she sees a message from her mother asking her to pick up some groceries, as both of her parents would be home from work for the weekend. So after quickly freshening up, she headed out to the little market store down the street.

After grabbing some eggs, milk, and other important household groceries, she made her way outside the shop to go home, when she heard a noise from just around the corner.

Not just any noise though.

She couldn't quite put her finger on it but she definitely felt like something was off.

I could've sworn that sounded like a gunshot.

Instead of running towards the danger, she swiftly turned around to start her walk home as fast as she could, until she heard a scream.

A scream of agony.

"Call an ambulance! Someone call an ambulance!" she heard from around the corner. The voice sounded oddly familiar, but again she couldn't quite put her finger on it. With her heart racing and feet glued to the floor in shock, something clicked inside her. The urgency and familiarity in the voice were what finally made her pick up her feet to quickly jog around the corner only to find a sight that made her wish she hadn't. A sight so unbearable, that she wished she had just stayed home altogether. A sight so heartbreaking, and vulnerable.

She rounded the corner only to find the last person she thought she would.

Peter Parker kneeling over his Uncle Ben, who was now bleeding out on the floor.

"Holy shit." she breathed out, dropping her grocery bags. It was only then that Peter realized her presence, not expecting to see the girl. "Oh my god."

She stood frozen and wide-eyed, watching as Peter held his hands on his uncle's wound, to try to stop the overflowing blood.

She really wished she had just stayed home.

But she hadn't.

She was here, with Peter, and a now lifeless Uncle Ben.

She watched, still frozen, as Peter cried over his uncle as he took his last breath.

After the shock wore off, she slowly walked towards peter.

"Peter..." she didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to make things better, she knew that she couldn't make things better. She'd just watched this boy cry over his dying uncle. His only father figure.

He didn't look up at her, he couldn't. He was too vulnerable, and sad, and upset. He knew he would've told her to leave. But what she didn't know was that he was glad she was there. He wasn't alone.

When his uncle left him alone in such a world that would do this to him, he wasn't alone.

Aubrey was there.

So she stayed there, crouched down next to Peter, rubbing his back and holding him. She stayed with him until the police and ambulance came. She stayed with him as they were driven back to Peter's, she stayed with him as the authorities talked to may. She held his hand through it all.

Being home was the last thing on her mind by the end of the night.

As soon as the police left, Peter rushed upstairs to his room, leaving Aubrey downstairs with a sobbing and heartbroken may.

After a moment, Aubrey quickly made her way to may. She immediately wrapped her arms around the woman, allowing her to cry into her.

She didn't say anything.

There was nothing she could say to either of the Parkers to make things better.

"I uh, I think I'm gonna turn in for the night." May said, finally breaking away from Aubrey's embrace.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, sweetie. It's getting late." she sniffed. "Thank you." she said as she held onto Aubrey's hands like her life depended on it.

"I'll always be here, May. I promise." in that moment, Aubrey Roland made the decision that she would always be there for this family. They were too good for something like this to happen to them.

After May bid her goodnight, she left to her room, so Aubrey immediately went up to check on peter. She found his door cracked open, so she slowly pushed it open and slipped in, shutting the door behind her.

"Peter?" she walked in to find him sitting on the floor against his wall.

She walked over to him, slowly crouching down in front of him.

"He's gone." he let out, just above a whisper.

"I know." She spoke at the same level.

"I couldn't do anything."

"I know." she repeats

"I have his blood on my hands."

"I know, Peter."

"It's my fault." he said quietly, looking down at his knees.

"Peter, it was not your fault. You can't say that."

"He was out there because of me! We got into a fight a-and..."

"Look at me." She lifted his face to look at her. "You were not holding that gun, you did not shoot him. This was no one's fault but that nasty, disgusting man. You hear me?" Peter didn't answer her, he only leaned into her hand more. "Peter, I'm here for you, ok? Whatever you need. I'm right here." he only nods his head in acknowledgement. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

He slowly stood from the floor and led her to the bathroom where she helped him scrub the blood from his hands and anywhere else it might have gotten. He cried a bit, but she held and stayed with him through it. And when he asked her not to leave, she held him through the night. Her parents, having no idea what happened, were worried when they got home to an empty house and only a text from their daughter saying she was ok and staying down the street.

She stayed with him through the night, comforting him when he woke up and cried at 4 in the morning.

She was there for it all.

She didn't leave until hers and Peter's alarms went off for school.

"Peter." she nudged him awake. "School." he only grunted in response, releasing the arm that ended up around her at some point in the night to let her go home to get ready. "Trust me, I would stay here with you all day if I could. I told you I want to be there for you." she told him quietly, and honestly.

"I know." he spoke into his pillow groggily.

"I'll see you after school." she tells him with a hand on his arm, before she makes her way out.
She walks home on her own, going straight upstairs when she gets there.

I need a shower.

She quickly hopped in the shower and got ready before heading out.

She got to school, only to find out that everyone already knew what happened to the Parker family the night prior.

This freaking school and the big mouths in it.

She didn't expect Peter to show up that day. Or any day for a while. Who would? But low and behold, she was shocked to hear commotion just down the hall that her locker's in.

Peter has flash pinned up against the lockers.

Oh God.

She watched intently as Peter just stared at Flash above him, before he abruptly let him down, grabbing his bag and slamming his locker shut before storming in her direction. He stopped right in front of her as soon as he spotted her.

"Pete..."

She wasn't sure who moved first, but one of them closed the gap between them with a tight and comforting hug.

"I know. I know it hurts." she whispered to him before pulling back slightly to look at him. "Come." she said, leading him away from the crowd.

She took him to the library, where they spent the rest of the day, away from the prying eyes and pitiful looks, just in each other's presence. She was there for him, just like she promised.

She would always be there for this boy.

an

this took me forever to write.

might have shed a tear or two.

i feel like this part came really fast but im gonna add fillers in between the events of the movie to give us more time with my favs aside from the superhero stuff.

ok bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
471K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
138K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...