right where you left me

By sydsofia13

After experiencing the heartbreak of a lifetime, Tippah Jones decides to leave Lyon, and move to Arsenal, in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Burn in my Throat
Chapter 2 - Breaking the Lines
Chapter 3 - Nothing At All
Chapter 4 - Falling
Chapter 5 - Peace
Chapter 6 - Lighthouse
Chapter 7 - Connections
Chapter 8 - Bringing Her Down
Chapter 9 - Lighting Her Up
Chapter 10 - Liquid Courage
Chapter 11 - Horrors, Hurts and Harms
Chapter 12 - Real Smooth
Chapter 13 - No More Lies
Chapter 14 - Honour
Chapter 15 - Pure Luck
Chapter 16 - His Leah
Chapter 17 - Too Real. Too Raw.
Chapter 18 - Official
Chapter 19 - Light Alcohol
Chapter 20 - Just Ellie
Chapter 21 - All This Time
Chapter 22 - Double Shit
Chapter 23 - Arsenal Family
Chapter 25 - My Now
Chapter 26 - Game of the Century
Chapter 27 - Counting for Something
Chapter 28 - Natural Interactions
Chapter 29 - Everything has Changed
Chapter 30 - Hating the World
Chapter 31 - Lies Hurt
Chapter 32 - Finding Answers
Chapter 33 - Would've, Could've, Should've
Chapter 34 - Naivity
Chapter 35 - Villain
Chapter 36 - End of a Decade
Chapter 37 - Back To December
Chapter 38 - Growing Sideways
Chapter 39 - Start of the Apocalypse
Chapter 40 - Come Back
Chapter 41 - Be Here
Chapter 42 - Long Time Coming
Chapter 43 - Start of the End
Chapter 44 - Castles Crumbling
Chapter 45 - Endure and Survive
Chapter 46 - Love and War (in your twenties)
Chapter 47 - Summertime Sadness
Chapter 48 - Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 49 - Anatomy
Chapter 50 - Fireflies
Chapter 51 - Matilda(s)
Chapter 52 - Walking the Family Line
Chapter 53 - I Can't See You
Chapter 54 - 10,000 Miles
Chapter 55 - Truths
Chapter 56 - A Limited Vocabulary
Chapter 57 - Hurting, Praying, Harming
Chapter 58 - Nerve
Chapter 59 - I'm Home
Epilogue
Another Note From Me to You

Chapter 24 - Live in the High

4.1K 134 34
By sydsofia13

I couldn't focus on the game, and instead, was just watching my sister, and my ex, like a hawk. My eyes wouldn't lift from the blonde and brunette who sat a few rows ahead.

"Tipp," Lia said, nudging me. "Stop stressing." I looked at her, trying not to laugh.

"No stress," I replied.

"You're definitely stressing," Caitlin said, peering over Lia to look at me.

"Don't you think it's weird?" I then said as the Dutch girls were running around the pitch in front of us. It was still 0-0.

"What?" Lia asked.

"My ex, and my sister," I responded, pointing.

"Oh my gosh, that's Eden?" Caitlin exclaimed.

"Yep," I responded, looking down.

"She looks kind of familiar," Caitlin said, trying to work it out.

"She was on my Instagram?" I asked, trying to see if that may be it.

"Hm, no, not that..." Caitlin responded. "Whatever. What are you going to do?"

"Not sure," I responded. "Talk to my sister; talk some reason into her." Caitlin chuckled, and Lia put an arm around me.

Soon, it was full time and a 0-0 score stood still; extra time was needed.

"Drink?" I asked Lia and Caitlin.

"Another one?" Lia asked.

"Don't mother me," I pleaded.

"No thanks," Caitlin responded, and Lia shook her head. I headed up to the bar, surrounded by many Dutch supporters, all rocking bright orange jerseys.

As I grabbed my drink, I turned around to see Eden standing in front of me.

"Really?" she asked, pointing at my drink.

"Yeah, well, if you weren't sitting with my ex-girlfriend maybe i wouldn't need it," I responded, snarkily.

"Touche, well, you okay?" she asked.

"I'm alright..." I responded, confused.

"Good, good." She couldn't keep her eyes off the drink, and I knew I should do the right thing. I took one swing and threw it in the bin.

We walked beside each other, around the ground, as the break between full-time and extra time, began.

"Why are you sitting there?" I asked her.

"With Ellie, or at the game?" she asked, wanting to clarify.

"Both," I responded.

"Well, I know some of the Dutch girls," Eden answered, nonchalantly, "Because of Wolfsburg, and so they gave me a ticket."

"And with Ellie?" I asked.

"She saw me, recognized me, and changed some seats around."

"Did you remember her?" I asked.

"Of course I did," Eden replied. "I was there nearly every day for both you and Ellie. Both of your faces bring me straight back to 15-year-old me." I smiled softly, not sure whether that was a good thing or a bad one, but Eden's tone made me feel as if it was okay.

"Okay, okay," I said, somewhat relaxing.

"Is everything okay?" she then asked me, holding a hand to my arm.

"Yeah, just confused," I replied.

"You can talk to me," Eden then said. I chuckled softly, not wanting to be the villain but finding it really hard not to be.

"I wish I could," I answered. "I really wish I could." With that, I heard the whistle blow, and I left Eden, going back to my seat beside Lia.

Extra time was hectic. Viv was still going strong, even though it looked like she would collapse at any moment. Jill Roord was also pushing herself, more than I had ever seen before, with support from DVD, Jackie Groenen, and Mila Bakker. Whoever won this game would have to come up against Germany in the semi-final, allowing for no easy route, but if the Dutch girls were to get past this stage, I had confidence they could get to Wembley.

France was then awarded a penalty.

"Shit," I said, burrowing my head in my hands. "Shit. Is there VAR?"

"Yes," Lia responded. Caitlin was watching on her phone, trying to see the replay of the tackle in the box that led to the penalty being awarded.

"It should be checked," Caitlin then said. "There was clear ball."

I tried finding some confidence in that, and to all our delight, it was overturned. VAR ruled it out; the Dutch girls all sighed in relief.

Then a miracle happened. It was the 119th minute. Mila Bakker was streaming down the wing. She was looking up, trying to find any runners in the box. But Viv, was still in transition, and DVD and Jackie Groenen were nowhere to be found. Jill Roord was the only option; she was running as fast as she ever has before.

Mila then crossed it, and Jill came running in, getting her head onto the ball, and pushing it past the French keeper.

We all jumped up, smiling and cheering for the team. I looked down at the rows in front, seeing Eden jumping up and down; that was suspicious.

After the match had ended, and the Dutch girls were celebrating, I saw Ellie go down to the barrier, finding her girlfriend and hugging her. I sighed, knowing what this meant. I was just an 'if', and never would be a 'when', and in my heart, and in my head, I knew that was okay. Because she was my 'if'.

Eden was at the barrier, beside Ellie, and Mila and Jill soon came over to her. I found it somewhat weird that my sister knew these people who I had known for so long. It still didn't sit right that Eden had been under my nose for so long.

Lia and Caitlin saw me staring, and they each grabbed one of my hands, bringing me down to Viv, who was nearly dying but so elated.

"Amazing job!" I said to my Arsenal teammate, hugging her as she tried to bring her breath back.

"You killed it," Caitlin said, holding Viv's back as she leaned against the barrier.

"That was so hard," Viv replied, honestly.

"You did it," I said, putting my arm around her.

"Yeah, but-"

"No, buts," I interrupted. "Just live in the high." She smiled at me and leant her head on my shoulder.

The Dutch girls soon went back inside, and Lia, Caitlin, and I headed back to London. I sat in the car, staring out the window and looking up at the dark night sky.

I fell asleep, and we soon arrived at Caitlin and Lia's place.

"You okay to crash here?" Lia asked as we got out of the car.

"Yeah, sounds good." In all honesty, I was glad. I wanted to stay with them. I liked the company more than being alone in my apartment.

I woke up the next morning, wanting more than anything to see Leah. I knew we couldn't break the rules, but something in my heart told me that I had to.

I grabbed my keys, leaving a note to Lia and Caitlin thanking them both for the lift. As I checked my clock, it was 6 am. I woke up early, most likely because of the alcohol I had had at the game. Whenever I drink, I always end up naturally waking up early the next morning, thirsty for water.

I grabbed an Uber, taking it straight to where I knew Leah was staying.

"How the fuck am I going to do this?" I said to myself, under my breath. There was security, which is never a good sign. "Act confident, and no one will question you." I kept my head up, walking through the gates, and through the hotel lobby. No one was looking up from their desks, and the security was basically asleep in their seats.

Tippah: what room?

Leah: huh?

Tippah: what room?

Leah: tippah jones what have you done?

Tippah: what room?

Leah: 2039

Tippah: thx

I knocked on the door, and within two seconds, Leah answered the door.

"Tippah fucking Jones," she said, laughing. I didn't listen to her, and instead, walked straight inside, wrapping my arms around her neck, and feeling her body pressing against mine.

"I missed you too much," I said, kissing her softly, and speaking in between.

"You are such a rule breaker," Leah laughed.

"Well, rules were made to be broken," I replied, chuckling.

"That they were," Leah answered. She kissed me, once more, her arms running along my back. I missed her; I missed this. She, Leah fucking Williamson, was all I needed.

note:

- well hope u leah fans r happy but lol there is a lot to go so never be too confident

- what r we thinking/predicting?

- also LIA SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT YAYAYA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 206 21
When Daan does her last show in Wembley an all to familiar face pops up. Will she has the courage to confront her or will she let the ocean eyes be.
679K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
77.4K 1.9K 32
Vivianne Miedema joins Arsenal Women's Football Club, where she meets Lisa Evans. Will Lisa be able to find out why Vivianne acts so strangely and d...
614K 16.6K 23
Lisa Williams is used to things turning South instead of North and it's why she always has a back-up plan. When she catches her three year boyfriend...