You call that a hero? (A MHA...

By ooga_booga16

"..." "...He beats them to a bloody pulp--do you think those are the ... More

Chapter 1: First contact
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8: A sure loss
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

668 42 5
By ooga_booga16

The echoes of gunfire, explosions, and constant rumbling shook the current room several men were in. Only a flickering lightbulb illuminated the room as another explosion from afar caused the room to vibrate again, causing a temporary brownout with the single lightbulb eventually flickering back to life. The gunfire doesn't stop however, stray bullets would collide onto the room's roof every minute like heavy raindrops would in a heavy downpour. It would be raining metal every single day. However, the focus was only on these men all collected inside the corroding room. Finally, a man that emerged from the dark that held a photo and some notes in his palm, walked toward another man that so happened to be seated in the middle of the room.

"We found him," he uttered in a dark tone, placing a photo and a couple of ripped papers which were the notes that contained the important info on a table filled with rust and dust.

"..." Another man, with a tall and skinny frame, was seated before the rusting table and viewed the photo with the notes on it. His face was shrouded in the shadows due to the current lighting as he read the notes, his facial features, unknown. "Have you sent her? The girl?"

"We have. She's on the way already as we speak."

The latter nodded. "How much longer?"

"3 hours."

"..." Then the tall lanky figure recoiled from his seat and stood at his full height, looming over the other men in the room with his tall frame. He later cracked his finger, as a result, leading the other six men to leave the room, understanding that the tall man desires to be alone. 

Once in solitude, the man paced around the room for a solid minute before a wide grin smeared his lips. "...how e̶̹̙͛̎͛̈́x̷̢̠̠̽͂͠c̷̛̺̰̠͉͋į̶̫̥͂̓̚ţ̷͍͕̆i̸̞̟̍̍n̸͙͍̏̐́g̷̥̽͗͗̚.

---

Clouds of smoke enveloped Battlefield Gamma as the sound of provoking laughter echoed from within the dust cloud. Metal pipes and other debris crashed onto the ground as the smoke cloud eventually dissipated, revealing Akaza finally back to his consciousness, grinning like a madman. He sat on the back of a downed Bakugo who was screaming and spitting slurs at the man who just smirked down at the angered explosive kid.

"FUCKKK YOUUUU!!!" yelled Bakugo, his blood boiling as his palms sparked. "I'M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!!!"

"Beat it, chump," Akaza retorted patting the head of the latter, taunting him further. "Right now, you're just a fly tapping on my shoulder~ If ya wanna beat the fuck outta me, get stronger."

"DAMNN YOUUUU!!!" the enraged teenager roared before his palm excreted enough sweat to send a massive explosion that sent Akaza flying.

The man however did a double backflip mid-air before landing on top of a pipe up above. "Amazing! This is awesome! You can still keep on going, right?!"

"KILL YOURSELF!!!" Bakugo bellowed as he plummeted toward Akaza and sent another massive explosion his way.

The attack caused the latter to hurl to the ground, ramming through metal pipes and concrete buildings before he crashed down, burying his head down the concrete while his feet were pointing out of his crater. 

"Amazing..." he breathed before jumping out of his self-made crater unscathed, a sadistic grin totally evident on his lips. 

Suddenly someone tapped his back, causing the man to turn his head around. It was Monoma. "Heyyy now!!" the other blonde uttered, his eye twitching, irritated. "Can't forget about meee, hmmm?!" 

"Oh, you...What's your name again--" he was cut off before he received a strike on the gut, a massive shockwave resounding the battlefield. The latter let out a laugh of glee, thinking he dealt some damage to the man.

However, Akaza remained unfazed. "Hey, was that supposed to do something? You copied my quirk right?" he said before sending an axe kick at the latter, his head planted firmly down the concrete. "Seems like you did. But you can't copy the capacity of how much trauma I can take."

"SUGARR RUSH!!!" 

Immediately after, Sato came in boldly, sending a barrage of instantaneous attacks all at once in hopes to overwhelm the latter. Of course, the man avoided each and every fist with relative ease.

"You too huh?" he taunted. "Still standing? Admirable! However, your strikes became slower," he said in between his dodging before sending his fist on his gut, as a result, making Sato fall to his knees, coughing. "Know your limits. Retreat when you think it's necessary, there's no need to push yourself in a battle you know you can't win," he added before kneeing Sato's face to the ground.

He stared at the downed Sato for a moment, grinning before he faced the mob of students surrounding him among the pipelines and rooftops.

"This also applies to all of you!" the man provoked deliberately, his voice booming. "There's nothing wrong with running! Can't fight the villain too strong for ya? Run. Seek help from your comrades. Teamwork is best to bring down a strong enemy. Get that?"

"IT'S COMMON SENSE YOU FUCKER!!!" Bakugo bellowed as he hurled toward Akaza charging his attack mid-air and spinning like crazy as he plummeted toward the man. "HOWTIZER-IMPACT!!"

BOOOOOMM

Of course, the latter was slammed onto the ground thanks to the massive explosion, a crater fabricated beneath the man as he slowly stood up unfazed. Right after, the ground beneath him abruptly softened, becoming more liquid-like as he sank deeper and deeper into the concrete. "Oh, well this isn't nice."

Those were his last words before 15 of Pony's horns stabbed his chest, pushing him deeper down into the liquid concrete where his body eventually disappeared. 

"Todoroki! Now!" Juzo yelled as the latter nodded, lifting his left hand and placing it on the liquid concrete as he emitted heat that far surpassed his previous attacks a while ago. 

The said liquid concrete visibly bubbled more and more as the ocean-like concrete started steaming and bubbling nearly as hot as magma.

"Hey, hey," Sero said as he and his fellow classmates and members of class B watched as the liquid concrete started bubbling and turning orange. "T-They're not trying to kill him, right?"

"I-I'm..not sure," Ochaco responded as she watched the battle go down, worried about how it will turn out.

"Well, Akaza-san did tell them to go all out...this is the result," Iida said, slightly disturbed at how brutal their methods had to exceed in order to beat that man.

Izuku, on the other hand, was sweating bullets at the lengths both class A and B were going through in order to beat Akaza. The teamwork was truly commendable, but it was how they planned it out that made it ruthless.

Now back to the battle at hand...

Below the deepest depths of the ocean of concrete, the temperature increases tenfold as Pony's horns started to crumble due to the growing heat.

'Ohhh, I see what they did there,' Akaza thought as he felt his surroundings heat up. 'They're trying to make me submit. Heh. Smart. This would've worked. It would work. But not on me.'

'Maybe I should be a bit more serious.'

"Output: 22%"

---

From above, Todoroki, recoiled his hand from the boiling liquid concrete, panting and heaving heavily. He used his heat way too much than usual, so, of course, he would overheat, forcing him to use his ice quirk to cool himself down as the concrete started to become solid once more.

"Great job, Todoroki-san, impressive as always," Juzo complimented him, receiving a small smile and a nod from the latter. "Hopefully... that'll keep him down.."

"That was amazing! Both of you!" Pony said, cheering for the two as she ran up to them. "You guys were so cool!!"

"Hehe, thanks.." Juzo nodded, rubbing the back of his head. "You did pretty well too! Without the help of your horns, I honestly don't know what would happen so, thanks."

Pony's eyes sparkled as she heard her classmate thank her. "Awww!"

Then Koda suddenly came to Todoroki's aid, putting the half-hot and cold quirk user's arm over him. "What you did back there was awesome Todoroki-san!" he said in glee. "You did so much! I-I barely did a thing..."

"No, don't worry Koda," the latter replied. "You located Akaza's position almost every time we needed to know where he was. You had a big part too."

The latter couldn't help but smile. "Thank you!"

There was a small celebration between the two classes. It almost seemed like there was no competition between them at all. However, it was only Shinso that felt down the most, causing most of his teammates to comfort him.

"Don't be so down Shinso-san!" Momo comforted the teenager. "I-If it wasn't for your brainwashing, I don't think any of us would gain points out of him! He'd just keep dodging!" she said, rubbing the man's back. 

"That's right!" Kendo said, backing up Momo. "You did a great job! Looking at Akaza now, he's avoiding all our attacks! But when you brainwashed him, you totally gave us the advantage to gain some points! So don't be so down!"

The teenager grumbled as he gazed at his hand somberly. "I guess...I did something...Thanks...you guys."

Momo smiled at the teenager. "No worries! We can get through this!"

"We still have 11 more...minutes..." Kendo said dejectedly. "That's...still a lot of time left...hehe."

From afar, Bakugo landed on his feet, scoffing as he stared at the concrete Akaza was buried in. "'Get stronger' my ass. Look at you now, buried 27 feet under," the explosive teenager said, grinning. Though of course, the anger issues kid wasn't left unscathed, lightly trembling and staggering from time to time from the hits he sustained from trying to solo his upperclassman.

"Bakugo," Tokoyami uttered, landing next to the teenager thanks to his quirk Shadow. "How're you feeling? You took most of the attacks from Akaza, and you're staggering--"

"I'M JUST FINE DUMBASS!!" the latter retaliated before stomping away.

CRACK

Came the concrete. The loud snapping and rumbling of the ground echoed on the battlefield Gamma as a large chunk of land was launched into the air, crashing on some buildings and pipelines. 

The sudden occurrence left everyone stunned as a cloud of smoke and dust built up, enveloping the scene. 

"I have to say..." someone said in the cloud of dust. "For buncha amateurs..." the voice continued as the dust cleared, eventually revealing Akaza, just fine, as if he didn't take a dip into boiling concrete, sitting at a pipeline up above with his hand on his chin with a grin on his lips. "You're all pretty strong aye?"

He observed how each and every student was wheezing and panting, gasping for air as they prepared a battle stance. He heard them grumble and mumble, complaining at how beaten up they are and how much fatigue they were in when they gave it their all. 

In hindsight, he knew the students were in no position to fight any longer even if his intrusive thoughts yelled at him to keep going.

The man grumbled, pitying their exhausted state as he stood up on the pipeline scratching his cheek, and yelled. "I forfeit!" he broadcasted mockingly.

This particular announcement left the students sighing in relief with some suddenly fainting from exhaustion, the adrenaline rush finally subsiding.

"The hell?" Bakugo growled, unsatisfied. "YOU AREN'T FORFEITING ON ME, YOU BASTARD!!" the teenager roared, his chest puffing, letting out some air.

"Well I don't give several fucks if you still wanna fight me, I'll gladly take you on," the latter retorted. "But you're tired, you're heaving. No way will you fight me in that state, it'll be too boring."

Bakugo only yelled slurs at the man in response. The latter shrugging it off.

"Plus, you guys are pretty cool," Akaza complimented them with a thumbs up. Visit me some time, I'll train you twerps."

---End of the round--

The audience that watched all sighed in relief as the tense battle finally came to an end where the enemy pitied them and let them go. It was a bit discouraging but they did realize that he was still far from his level.

"Critiques will be for later," Aizawa announced to both classes. "Let's just get this over with first, then Akaza and Y/n will be the ones to judge."

Izuku let out a hefty sigh, slightly ecstatic that he wouldn't have to see his classmates be beaten up like ragdolls.

"Man, that was pretty scary, wasn't it?" Ochaco said, chuckling as she rubbed her nape.

"Y-Yeah, it was," the greenhead confirmed, closing his notebook filled to the brim with notes. "Akaza-san can be scary...and cool too..!"

'He said he would gladly train us when we visit him,' Izuku thought to himself, interested in the offer. 'I'd like to see what he could teach me!'

"Kero, at least it's finished for them..." Tsyu said before slowly turning her head to gaze at Y/n's looming figure, watching the massive screen. "Now..we have to fight that guy."

Iida, Ochaco, and Izuku, in turn, turned their heads to peer at Y/n whose arms were crossed,  staring blankly at the massive screen with a fixed frown.

"This is it," the greenhead said, thrilled. "We can finally see him fight. Ever since the time with...in Shie Hassaki, they said he fought in the raid but...I never really saw him. Now...now, though, I can actually see him, see how he'll fight."

"Yeah...I'm actually kind of excited," Ochaco agreed, switching her gaze back to the big screen. "I wanna see how strong he is!"

"..."

"I guess it's my turn," Y/n uttered silently as he started trudging toward the forest of pipes, passing through the former number 1 Hero, his homeroom teacher Midnight, and Aizawa.

"Have fun out there, Y/n," Aizawa said with a soft grin.

The latter responded with a scoff while rolling his eyes.

"Do your very best Y/n~" Midnight added, giving a very suggestive wink to the man.

---

The next students that will fight the enemy, Y/n, will be: 

***Class A***

Izuku Midoriya

Hanta Sero

Mezo Shoji

Ochaco Uraraka

Mashirao Ojiro

Tenya Ida

Mina Ashido

Tsuyu Asui

Mashiro Ojiro

Denki Kaminari

***Class B***

Togaru Kamakiri

Yosetsu Awase

Manga Fukidashi

Setsuna Tokage

Hiryu Rin

Kojiro Bondo

Reiko Yanagi

Yui Kodai

Jurota Shishida

Sen Kaibara

---

Hitoshi Shinso

---

Y/n stood at the forest of pipes, waiting patiently for the supposed students he'll fight. He hasn't activated his quirk yet, and he doesn't intend to do so until they attack first. The man pondered a bit on his game plan, what he should do.

He first thought about Shinso. That kid has a dangerous quirk. Obviously, he doesn't have the same kind of mental resistance as Akaza, so if he were to be brainwashed by the man, it would be over for him, so he should definitely watch out for that.

Then there's Izuku, Deku, as he likes to call himself for a hero name. He's pretty dangerous too, kind of scary. He's quickly adapting, and getting stronger every day, and after seeing his match in the sports fest, watching him go through training camp with Class B, and many adversities he witnessed through the news, this greenhead has potential. Great potential. Truly worthy of the title 'Hero'.

...

Unlike  Y/n.

...

...

Anyway, it wasn't like the huge man was afraid of the greenhead, his respect for the kid only grew when he acknowledged his feats and his efforts to continually be the kind and caring boy that he is. Even his classmates. They're all very determined to be the heroes they desire to be, they work hard for it, do their very best, and have fun doing so especially with the friends they've made. And Y/n somehow admired them for that.

That said, we're going off topic. 

See, Class A and B may be improving their skills daily, but that doesn't mean Y/n isn't. He's not just going to just stand in one point and wait till they overpower him, of course the man is going to continually get stronger. There's always room for improvement. But as of now, there's no conceivable way, both classes' collected effort are going to beat Y/n.

The sudden loud blare coming from the megaphone signified the start of the battle.

"Let's just get this over with," the man mumbled before strolling deeper into the sea of pipes.

---

A streak of green lightning flashed to existence from within the pipe filled battlefield. 

From afar, Y/n squinted. Trying to track each and every students location from his initial position, which was standing directly below the pipelines, already giving him a disadvantage. Not even aiming for the upperground.

He watched each and every corner in order to spot, catch or at least see a blur of their figure would be enough.

However...

They found him first.

Almost immediately, Y/n was surrounded. Students he'd battle against were standing atop of pipelines, looking down on him eerily, their shadows looming upon him, some were on the ground wielding their weapons and preparing their attack stance as they glared at him, while others already activated their quirks, hungry for the points.

Bondo took the initiative, activating his quirk that creates glue out of his body and hardening them at will. Once he secretes the glue-like substance up from a pipeline above and spreading them out in a way that's web-like and encompassing Y/n to be contained inside, he immediately hardens the glue-like substance. 

In addition, Sero took the honors to release his tapes onto other pipelines and zoom to each and every pipe, block, or metal in order to put Y/n in a corner, effectively containing the man in a web of hardened glue, and tape.

Now for the final touch, Izuku lands in front of Y/n, 6 feet apart, staring at the man with a frown and streaks of green lighting enveloping him.

"Y/n," the greenhead started. "There are 7 tons of metal pipes and other objects above you, seven other of my comrades ready to strike at any given moment, and 7 gallons of acid ready to be dropped."

"..."

"...Surrender and--"

The latter interrupted with a heafty sigh.  "Look kid, I don't have all day," Y/n uttered stretching his neck. "Measly talk is just a waste of time," he added, finally activating his quirk.

The spinal region of his back suddenly protruded black bones, stretching from his thracic area before enveloping him in an instant, covering each and every part of his body, spiraling around each limb before coating him in black bones that eventually created his iconic black armor, only leaving his head exposed, a large collar that protected his neck, the backside of his said neck and covered his mouth.

Izuku, on the other hand, stood their in awe of the transformation. "That...was so cool..."

Then Y/n reached out his hand toward the greenhead and a staff longer than he is, manifested from the palm of his hand, in effect, allowing the man to spin the staff at his palm several times, showing off before he suddenly halted, the tip of his staff that pointed to the concrete suddenly protruding a large spike and a smaller spike adjacent to the first, creating a deadly scythe.

"If I remember correctly..." Y/n said as he spun his staff at his palm on more time before kneeling on one knee. "I have an oral presentation to prepare for..."

"Let's just finish this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 4 12
Just when Hiva begins to think things are going her way, things do a complete 180. Now there's not only the usual school drama to worry about, but th...
16.6K 615 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...
54.9K 1.6K 7
PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FIRST [TRIGGER/CONTENT WARNING] This story contains violence, mind break, mentions of suicide, and body mutilation. If you ha...
13.8K 780 22
尉ぅ疫 ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵗᵒ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ˡᵒᵛᵉʳˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨 𝐱 (𝐟𝐞𝐦.) 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫