Perfect Imperfections |✓

Door Malyun_Dee17

What happens when you're caught up between two worlds?Or in Paisley's case two brothers? Who will she choose... Meer

Prologue
1| First Tastes
2| Mansions and Dumb People
3| Sorry, wrong brother
4| Dreams or Reality?
5(i)| Random visits?
5(ii)| The Party
6| The Kiss
7| Fears
8| Girlfriend?
10|Blinding Desire
11| Likes?
12|Yikes

9| Past Scars

8 2 0
Door Malyun_Dee17

Paisley's POV

"What the fuck was that!" I whisper- shouted to Ethan as his cousin disappeared into the crowd after their intense stare contest.

"What the fuck was what?"

"You said I was your girlfriend?"

"Yes. Aand?" He asked casually

"Okay, Ethan!" I shouted and he dragged me to a quieter place.

"You can't just go around calling everyone your girlfriend Ethan. Incase nobody told you both parties have to be aware of the rela.."

"Well it's good you're not 'everyone' darling" He said with a smirk.

I let out an annoyed huff.
"Arguing with you is pointless."

"Why? Am I that ugly?" He asked with a pout

" I...well maybe. I donno"

"Liar. Come on I wanna take you somewhere."

I rolled my eyes and followed him out to the beach.

"Next time maybe give me a heads up? Something like Paisley I'm gonna introduce you as my girlfriend to my cousin please don't act surprised? I mean I looked like a total fool back there. All baffled and stuff? Why did you even tell him that? I re...."

"If I say I'm sorry will you shut up?"

He asked, coming to a halt suddenly and I shut my mouth.

It was so much quieter here and calm. Ethan removed his shoes and rolled up his jeans and I did the same, sitting down beside him, our legs in the water.

An awkward silence fell between us and my palms became sweaty.

I hated silence. Especially if it was a man around me. In a secluded place.

My breathing became laboured and I stood up...walking further into the water,  my eyes up in the sky trying to calm my breathing.

"Woah..look I really didn't mean to upset you. I just...I don't even know what came over me seeing him..."

"Ethan..."

"And I'm sorry I told you to shut up when.."

"Ethan it's..."

"No. I know it's not okay. That was a shitty thing to do. I'm sorry."

"Ethan it's not you." I said quietly.

"What..what do you mean?"
I sat back beside him and laid on the sand...looking at the moon.

"I..I've just been through a lot. Like a lot. Sometimes it just..feels so heavy inside. I..you know what never mind. We good."

I said changing my mind. I didn't have to tell him anything. We weren't friends.

He laid down beside me and let out a shaky breath.

"I did something real bad when I was fifteen."
He said slowly and I turned to face him,  supporting my head with my hand.

"How bad?"

"It cost somebody's life." He responded...closing his eyes.

"It haunts me daily...I can't even remember the last time I had a proper night sleep. " he continued.

"Yeah. Some things we do stick with us. Isn't it quite unfair that no matter how young you were while making those decisions you're forced to live with the consequences the rest of your life?" I replied, zoning out a little.

"I was drunk...not in the right state of mind. One stupid drunken night ruined everything. That night changed me.." He opened his eyes and looked at me..his face clouded with sadness.

I rubbed his hand soothingly and he went on

"The scars I have to show for it are nothing compared to my scarred heart. I just...wish I could go back to that night and do everything differently you know?"

I sighed and sat up.

" Yeah. I lost my Mum when I was ten. We were on our way from my birthday party at grandma's and we had forgotten my grandma's gift at her place. My Mom wanted to pick it up in the morning but I insisted on going back. A car crashed on us and we..."

All the memories suddenly rushed back with a crushing pain.
"My mother burned to ashes right in front of my eyes because I wanted to go back for a stupid gift." I said with a bitter laugh.

I felt tears blind my vision. " If I could go back to that night... I'd at least tell her that I loved her too...more than words could ever utter." I paused as my voice broke.

"I'd...I'd hug her so tight and tell her that we didn't have to go back for that stupid gift and..."

Ethan took me on his lap and I buried my head in the crook of his neck as sobs broke me.

"I miss her ...s..so much Ethan. It...it was my fault! It was all my fau..."
  "Shhh" Ethan whispered as he pulled me closer and rubbed small circles on my back.

I composed myself but stayed in his arms.

"And as if the world wasn't cruel enough the person I trusted the most turned against me." My body suddenly tensed at the memory.

"After my Mom died I had to stay with her brother since my Dad was always busy working. He was okay at first but I think Mom's death had broken him too. After a few months he started abusing me..physically and..and uuhm sexually too. I..I "

"You don't have to talk about it." Ethan whispered.

"No. I want to. I couldn't tell anyone because ...to be honest I don't even know why I didn't. I guess part of me was still holding on to who he used to be and I wanted to give him a chance to change. But he only got worse. There was this..."

"Ethan?" A male voice interrupted and I got off his lap, wiping my tears away.

He got up and they talked for a while.

"I'll be right back okay? I'm sorry but it's something I..."

"You don't have to explain...it's okay I'll wait."

He looked at me closely and I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Here. Have this." He left me his jacket and walked off with the guy.

I sat there... listening to the ocean waves.

I'd never opened up that much to anyone except Sky and Mila. For some reason Ethan was so easy  to talk to.

I felt safe being vulnerable with him...showing him my flaws.
I felt understood even with no words uttered.

Did I like him? Possibly yes. What was there not to like?

After  a whole thirty plus minutes of waiting I gave up because it was getting colder and the water was  starting to make me numb. I put my shoes back on and walked back to the house we'd been in earlier.

I spotted the guy who had called Ethan and headed over to him.

"Hey have you seen Ethan?" I shouted on his ear

"Yeah he's upstairs."

I thanked him and went upstairs.

Moans were coming from every room and I stood there...not knowing what to do.

What would Ethan be doing here anyway? Not that it was any of my business but he did say he didn't have a girlfriend. I was starting to give up when I heard a door open behind me. 

I looked back and squinted my eyes.
Ethan was buckling his belt and..he had a girl right behind him?!

The girl chuckled at something he had said and kissed him on the cheek.

I felt tears sting my eyes. This was what he had to handle that he left me alone by the beach? Just after I'd opened up to him?

When he looked up and saw me he suddenly froze. I shook my head,  fighting back my tears.

"Here. I uuhm...I'm going home." I said, giving him his jacket.

"Excuse me." He said to the girl and she went back inside.

"Paisley I'm so sorry I.."

"You don't have to be sorry. I'm glad you had fun while I was freezing outside. Goodnight Carter." I snapped with so much venom  that he winced.

"Paisley please wait!" He shouted after me as I ran back downstairs.

My vision was blurry with tears but I refused to let them fall.

I got outside and took a deep breath. I stopped a cab and gave the driver the address to the one person I could think of at that moment.

I rang the door bell several times and I was ready to walk away when I heard the door knob twist.

"Paisley? What happened?" He asked as I broke down to tears right in his arms.

"It's okay...I got you. I got you now It's okay."

"Thank you,  Hunter."

Aww.. Seems like it's Hunter's lucky day huh?
(P/S in case y'all forgot that's Paxton's second name)
How do we feel about Ethan after reading this chapter?
Lemme know your thoughts..please.

Thank you for reading.
Love, Malyun🦋

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

84.1K 3.3K 7
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
105K 3.9K 22
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
26K 1.9K 47
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
29.1K 766 85
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...