Breaking Free

By Irish_Wolves

By:greywarden After meeting with Dumbledore a lot of things don't make sense so harry goes to the goblins for... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
Epilogue

12

4.8K 165 17
By Irish_Wolves

The Wizengamot was in courtroom 10 again for the trial of Potter versus Dumbledore. In the defendant's seats was Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Molly Weasley, Ronald Weasley and Ginevra Weasley.

In the prosecution seat was Andromeda Tonks and Harry Potter. Harry had hired Andromeda a week ago based on the recommendation of Amelia Bones as she was well regarded as one of the better lawyers around and knew pureblood nobility etiquette due to her upbringing as a Black.

Officiating the case was Minister of Magic Amelia Bones along with acting Chief Warlock Tiberius Ogden.

"This is the court case of Harry J Potter against Albus P.W.B. Dumbledore, Severus T Snape, Ronald B Weasley, Ginevra M Weasley and Molly Weasley.

Mr Potter has charged Mr Dumbledore with monetary theft, attempted line theft, child endangerment and conspiracy to commit murder.

Mr Snape has been charged with just monetary theft.

Mr Weasley has been charged with monetary theft.

Miss Weasley has been charged with monetary theft, attempted line theft and the conspiracy to commit murder.

And finally Mrs Weasley has been charged with monetary theft, attempted line theft and the conspiracy to commit murder.

How do you all plea?"

In unison they all stated "Innocent". Apparently they had a lot of faith in Dumbledore to get them all out of this smelling like roses.

"Very well, since this is a high profile case we are going to vote on the use of veritaserum and magical oaths to ensure that Mr Dumbledore and Mr Snape do not try and counteract the truth serum in anyway."

This had the weasley's shouting in protest, whilst Snape developed a tick in his right eye being the only sign of his agitation. As always Dumbledore's disappointed grandfather persona was on full show.

While Harry couldn't vote in this trial it didn't mean that he couldn't choose a proxy to vote for him. Before the trial Harry had written out a proxy form stating that for any matters in which he can't attend for any reason either Madam Bones or madam Longbottom would vote in his place. Since Madam Bones was officiating the proceedings that left the elder Longbottom to vote in his stead.

The court easily got the ¾ vote needed for the admission of veritaserum seeing as most purebloods see line theft as one of the most heinous crimes in the wizarding world.

After Ginny had been dosed with veritaserum the questioning began.

"Are you Ginevra Molly Weasley, daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley?"

"Yes"

"Have you been receiving money from the Potter vaults?"

"Yes"

"Who authorised these transactions?"

"Dumbledore"

Almost as one the Wizengamot gasped and started murmuring between each other. Most originally believing the charges against the great Albus Dumbledore to be false, but many were quickly changing their minds.

"ORDER IN THE COURTROOM!" the acting chief warlock shouted. "who were you conspiring to murder?"

"Harry Potter"

"Why?"

"Dumbledore and mum said he needed to die so we could get his money."

"And what was your part in this?"

"My role was to conceive his child before he died so that I as the child's mother could access the Potter fortune and place it in the Weasley family vault."

"Do you know the penalty for attempted line theft Miss Weasley?"

"No"

"Life in Azkaban, regardless of age."

Molly began to wail at this point, thinking of her precious children in a place as horrid as Azkaban.

"Give her the antidote and give Mr Weasley the veritaserum next."

Once given the truth serum the chief warlock ask for the confirmation of Ron's name, once they had that they continued with the questioning.

"Mr Weasley did you know you receiving money from the Potter vaults without the approval of Mr Potter?"

"Yes"

"Why were to getting 10, 000 galleons per month from the Potter vault Mr Weasley?"

"To spy on Harry"

"And who authorised these transactions?"

"Dumbledore"

"Thank you. Give him the antidote now."

After Ron had been given the antidote the case moved onto Molly Weasley. Again the questions were the same. When they got to the 'why were you conspiring to kill Harry Potter' she simply said "Because Dumbledore told me too."

"And why did Dumbledore tell you Mr Potter had to die?"

"For the greater good of course"

"Who's greater good?"

"I don't know, the wizarding world I expect"

"Thank you, that's enough."

Before Snape was given the veritaserum he had to give a magical oath: "I, SEVERUS TOBIAS SNAPE SWEAR ON MY MAGIC THAT I AM NOT USING NOR KNOW OFF ANYWAY TO COUNTERACT VERITASERUM, SO MOTE IT BE."

After that he was given the veritaserum.

"Are you Severus Snape the potions master at Hogwarts?"

"Yes"

"Why were you receiving money from the Potter vaults?"

"I didn't know it was from the Potter vaults, I assumed it was from Dumbledore."

"And why would Dumbledore pay you 10,000 galleons a month for your services as a potions master?"

"Probably for spying on the dark lord for the order of the phoenix."

"Are you a death eater?"

"Not anymore"

Finally they reached Dumbledore.

"Okay Mr Dumbledore before we give you the veritaserum we need you to swear the same oath Mr Snape did" Tiberius stated.

"Surely that's not necessary Tiberius, isn't my word good enough?" Dumbledore asked with his eyes twinkling madly.

"That is chief warlock to you right now Mr Dumbledore, and yes it is necessary now swear the oath!"

After another disappointed gaze sent towards both Harry and the chief warlock the headmaster swore the oath.

"Did you purposefully leave Mr Potter in an abusive environment for 10 years?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"I needed him to be weak so that he would do as I told him and die at the right time."

"And why does he need to die?"

"Because if he doesn't he could eventually have more power than me and I couldn't allow it, it would ruin my plans for the greater good."

"What is this greater good?"

"The servitude of all beings to purebloods"

"And why did Mr Potter need to be married to Ginevra Weasley to do this?"

"His bloodline connects him to 3 important families with a lot of gifts; I couldn't allow that to be lost to us"

"Very well, give him the antidote and we'll place a silencing charm around the wizengamot to decide your fates."

Half an hour later after what seemed to be much shouting give the glares some members were sending others and red faces.

"Will the defendants step forward please?" The minister asked.

"Miss Ginevra Weasley, instead of being to sent to Azkaban you are to have your wand snapped and magic bound to live the rest of your life as a squib."

Ginny just nodded grateful that she wasn't going anywhere near dementors.

"Mr Ronald Weasley you are permitted to stay in Hogwarts but when you've completed your education you will begin paying back the money you took from the Potter vault."

Ron glared at Harry as if to say 'this is all your fault'.

"Mrs Molly Weasley you are to have your wand snapped, your magic bound and spend the rest of your life in Azkaban prison."

At this point Molly had been sobbing into her hands the past ten minutes.

"Mr Severus Snape whilst you are not intentionally guilty you still received money from the Potter vault, because of this your punishment is to pay back everything given to you plus an additional 50% of the overall amount taken."

Snape nodded as if he'd been expecting it, but you could see his shoulders sag in relief.

"Finally Mr Dumbledore we find you guilty on all charges, your punishment is to be sent through the veil immediately!"

Dumbledore just sat there in shock. 'This can't be happening to me! I'm Albus Dumbledore! The greatest wizard since Merl..WHAT WAS THA..' his internal musings broken by a hard shove in the shoulder straight through the same veil Sirius went through earlier that summer.

-Oo0oO-

Just after the trial Harry met up with Tonks and Lupin who were currently engaged with each other. After offering his congratulations Harry suddenly remembered something.

"Oh! Tonks you're an Metamorphmagus aren't you?" harry asked excitedly.

"Yes.. why?" Tonks asked slowly.

"I found out earlier in the summer that I'm one too! It's just that the ability has been blocked since I was one by Dumbledore and I was wondering whether you could come with me and the others to the castle to train me in using it." Harry asked excitedly.

"I'm not sure Harry; I've got auror duties most days so that doesn't leave a lot of free time."

"What if I asked madam Bones for an auror bodyguard? As the head of 8 different houses as well as the boy-who-lived she'll probably let you stay with us. Please?" Harry pleaded with poppy dog eyes.

"Fine, but you get to be the one to convince her!" Tonks said mock sternly.

"Deal!" Harry said happily "Did you hear all that Minister Bones?"

Said minister appeared directly behind the pink haired auror and the werewolf.

"Yes I did Lord-of-too-many-houses-Potter, and I agree an auror bodyguard will help protect you in any outings you take"

-Oo0oO-

From there everything seemed to speed up. Out of the 5 teens Harry was easily the most powerful whilst Neville was second in terms of power being at the level of Grand Sorcerer, whilst Luna and Susan were high sorcerers with Hermione being a sorcerer.

The 5 teenagers training was closer to equal footing now, the only thing they needed to improve was the amount of experience they had.

By the end of the summer all of them were well versed in transfiguration, charms, curses, conjuration, runes, wards and all 5 were animagi.

Hermione was a leopard, Luna was a lioness, Susan was a raven,Neville was a griffin and finally Harry was able to complete his final animagus form. A dragon. A Ukrainian Ironbelly to be exact.

And now it was August 31st, the night before they board the Hogwarts express for their sixth year and harry is reorganising his trunk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 2.1K 15
By: phoenixgirl26 After hearing some plans that other people wanted for him, Harry Potter decides it's time to begin a new life, a new life away fro...
657K 15.6K 40
Harry goes through his creature inheritance and finds out he has been lied to by all his friends. His mate is the dreaded Dark Lord. But, what if Tom...
25.6K 876 12
Rewritten ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ What happens when Harry knows of Dumbledore's plans? What if before his fifth year he goes into a creature i...
533K 13.5K 62
After a surprise creature inheritance Harry Potter learns of the truth of the supposed light side. Harry learns the truth of what Dumbledore hoped to...