Idiots to Lovers (bxb)

By itsmeimthevampire

||WATTY WINNER 2023🌟|| Two strangers pretend to be a couple to win a dumb bet. The wager: they must enrol in... More

1 | Neon Nike's and Chocolate Muffins
2 | Sunlight, Buttercups, and All Things Yellow
3 | Lost Keys and Grandma's Wrestling Career
4 | A Bit-too-sweet Cake and the Future of the Galaxy
5 | Faking Allergies and Losing At Therapy
6 | Fake Orchids and Exchanging Numbers
7 | The Pain of Having an Older Sibling
8 | A Furious Manager and A Brave Escapade
9 | Stolen Ice Cream and Sneaky Sheep
10 | Breaking Eggs For A Hundred Cupcakes
11 | Lumpy Toadstools and Fondant Flowers
12 | Rainbow Caterpillar and The Chair Pile
13 | Three Reasons Why
14 | A Depressing Spotify Playlist
15 | Just Two Bros Making Christmas Cake
16 | Roller Skates and Disco Lights
17 | random short chapter just here to piss my readers off xP
18 | why can't this boy just go out and do something instead of listening to...
19 | The Allergies Are For Real This Time (I Swear)
20 | Breaking Brownies and a Bit of Bribery
21 | Happy Songs and Runny Eggs
Part Two - taking reader requests for special scenes
22 | That Annoying Beam of Light That Wakes You Every Morning
23 | Always Keep Your Phone on Silence When Sneaking Around
24 | The Addiction Starts
25 | House on Fire
27 | The Not-Very-Relaxing Drive
Bonus | Poem by Brian
28 | Ice-cream Date
Flashback | So Far In The Friendzone
Flashback | It Was Most Definitely A Date, Right?
Flashback | It doesn't make a difference if he's gay-he still wouldn't like you
29 | You've sucked me into the absolute torture that is Wattpad
30 | Glow in the dark stickers
31 | Honestly, I do not trust everett and I do not trust whatever he is planning
32 | How Many Kinds of Green Are There Anyway?
33 | Paint Got On Everything Except For The Wall
34 | This Was Really Not My Fault
35 | The Mandatory Fairground Date In Every Wattpad Book
36 | Everyone Knows Carnival Games Are Rigged
37 | Baby You're A Haunted House
38 | No Space For You on My Beanbag
39 | That Questionable Christmas Cake From Earlier
40 | Snow Monster
41 | Secret Recipe Hot Chocolate
42 | This is why you should never preheat the oven
43 | A Big, Huge, Giant Hat
44 | A big ball of cake rolling across the floor
45 | Bon-Bons and (Not) Baking
46 | Christmas at the Cafe
47 | Gingerbread House
48 | Practice is Overrated
49 | A Festive Surprise
50 | Caramel Candycane Christmas Candle β„’
51 | A Controversial Christmas Present
52 | In The Moonlight
Authors Note
Quiz | Which Character Am I?

26 | Things Only Get Worse Where Everett Is Concerned

5.1K 366 219
By itsmeimthevampire

Hiya y'all! We reached the 1000 vote milestone and 10k reads too!! Also, Idiots got to the #2 spot in both the lgbt and lgbtq tags 🥳

The hugest thank you to all my amazing readers who made it happen!! <3

__________

Everett groaned as he stomped from one side of the garage to the other, dragging a broom uselessly behind him.

"O what cruel and unfair punishment," he moaned.

"We did destroy the kitchen and nearly burn down the house," I reminded.

"But we cleaned that all up! Mother is working us to the bone."

"It's been two hours."

"...only scraps for sustenance." He uselessly swiveled the broom in loops around him, whispering something about punishment by starvation.

I looked up from the toolbox I was absentmindedly wiping with a dust cloth. "You know doing that doesn't really clean the floor?"

"What do you mean?" He turned to me. "I'm sweeping it."

"You're just moving the dust around though, you're not collecting it anywhere?" My voice lilted at the end, coming out as a question as I scanned the area for any one pile of dust.

"Why would I collect dust, I have to sweep it away." Everett rolled his eyes as if I were the idiot among us.

"Away to where, Everett?"

His beautiful blank eyes widened as he stared into mine, shifting through a millions emotions till they finally landed on understanding.

"All this time Clementine...." He lifted his face up to stare at the hanging ceiling light. The bright beam washed over him, casting golden highlights over his cheekbones and shadows around his midnight eyes. "I have been an utter fool."

"Uhuh, yeah sure," I muttered, unimpressed by his dramatic enlightenment.

Everett clutched the broom in his hands, muttering under his breath like a gremlin. "Collect it into a pile...throw the pile away."

I rolled my eyes and bit back a smile as I turned my attention back to dusting.

"So uh, we should probably move this thing right?" Everett leaned casually against the red bonnet of his dad's car. "We have to sweep under it."

I didn't like the look that had settled over his face.

"Just sweep around it."

"And leave a job half done—"

"Swipe the broom under it if you must, the handle's long enough." I frowned as he tapped his broom on the floor in a rhythmic beat

"It just doesn't feel right, Clementine."

I got to my feet. "If you really want to move it I'll call your dad."

Everett swung his broom out wildly, almost tripping me up as he blocked the gate. "No! We can't bother the busy man!"

"But your mom's out and—"

"Exactly!" Everett tossed the broom aside, opting to grip both my shoulders instead. "When else are we going to get this opportunity?"

"Opportu—there's no opportunity!" I spluttered.

"I would not dare touch her car." He continued, ignoring me as he waved an impassive hand. "But my dad's, on the other hand...."

"You know I can already drive, it's not a big deal." I clamped up as Everett latched on to the end of my sentence.

"Yeah we're nineteen, we can move a car without bothering anyone," he agreed. A little too enthusiastically.

Everett grabbed the keys from the hook and chivalrously held open the passengers side door for me. I glared at him as I less-than-eagerly slipped in.

"You're only moving it a foot forwards, why am I even in the car?" I questioned suspiciously as he got in and turned on the ignition.

"Oh, no reason."

I narrowed my eyes.

"I just can't bear to part from you for a single moment, my sweet darling Clementine," he proclaimed, turning to capture my eyes in his innocent starry gaze.

Well, that only raised my suspicions further. "You don't know how to drive, do you?"

Everett scoffed. "I have already taken my test."

"Oh." I was admittedly surprised. His earlier excitement didn't seem characteristic of someone who could already drive.

Everett responsibly fastened his seatbealt and then checked the rear view mirror, moving it down a few inches. "Now it's angled so that I can see you."

"What? Don't do that!" I exclaimed, horrified.

He waved me off. "You must always pay attention to what's right in front of your eyes, sweetheart. Never look back."

I saw my own face turn beet red in the side mirror, but I believe it was from pure irritation and not from the nickname. "The mirror is there for a reason."

"Yes, to watch your cute boyfriend blushing." Everett reached out to swipe a thumb against my cheek, a teasing smile making its way onto his face.

"I'm not—just drive," I snapped.

His grin only grew wider as he switched the gear and stamped on the gas. The car made a whirring sound, stuck in place. Everett frowned, pressing harder on the gas.

"You haven't removed the handbrake," I pointed out.

"Oh, right." He carelessly pushed down the button, his foot still pressed tight on the gas pedal.

The car shot out of the garage at breakneck speed, hurtling down the driveway towards a flock of pigeons.

"Idiot!" I yelled as he used his other foot to hit the brakes, his right foot still on the gas.

The pigeons squawked and scattered, momentarily blinding our vision as they rose to the air in a cloud of white feathers. The car came to a jerky stop just inches away from the row of recycling bins by the fence. Everett threw his arm out to steady me as the momentum rocked us both forward.

"Ooh we didn't hit anything!" Everett beamed as if this was a huge accomplishment for him.

"You said you could drive!"

He had the decency to allow a hint of guilt to colour his eyes. "I said I took the test...I didn't really pass it."

Silence permeated the air for a full five minutes before I could bring myself to speak. "That was officially the worst experience of my life."

"I'm sorry." Everett turned to me, actually looking contrite for once. "That was reckless. I tried really hard to learn but I failed the test five times and got kicked out of the driving school and then my dad refused to teach me too."

"Five times?" I asked incredulously.

He nodded miserably. His curly shock of hair fell over his downturned face, a sorrowful pout making its way onto his lips.

I sighed and threw my leg across the console, positioning it between his so that I had access to the brake pedal.

"I'm going to regret this," I grumbled to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
874K 38.6K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
188K 5.5K 75
Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a part time job where someone gives him a l...
1.1M 53.5K 92
This story is complete βœ… 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...