Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

13. Signs of Hope

2.6K 181 57
By Laughingwolf78

Crimson eyes are zoned out across the living room while he holds Izuku's legs for him during what has become their every day routine.

Izuku is doing a set of sit-ups and crunches with ease something he wasn't able to do at first but now it's not an issue. Katsuki has also introduced weight lifting to the workout making sure the greenett's arms stay strong and healthy since there has been a lot of damage to them over the years from his quirk use.

The green eyed hero is definitely getting stronger and Katsuki and Izuku have both felt the slight movements or twitches in his leg muscles but it's inconsistent and not always predictable, this of course is frustrating to them both.

As the blonde hero zones out his mind is on how to improve this situation, how to make this all more effective and what else he can possibly do to help the greenett in front of him further along.

The deep green eyes are now on the blonde in front of him seeing Katsuki with a far off expression.

Izuku stops his sit ups with sweat running down his face and arms reaching for his towel that's hanging around Katsuki's neck finally making the blonde shift back to reality and look at the greenett.

Izuku gives him a smile while he lets his breathing calm from his work out wiping his face.

" There you go again zoning out. I feel like you do that a lot, you sure you're okay?"

Katsuki raises a brow at him.

" Tch. Of course I'm ok, will you stop worrying about that shit. And just because it might look like I'm not paying attention I always am just like I know you just did ninety-nine sit ups not a hundred so your nerd ass owes me one more.", he smirks making Izuku roll his eyes.

" Fine, fine, but what were you thinking about?", the greenett questions as he finished up his workout

The blonde eyes him handing him his towel once again.

" Deku, have you used your quirks since the accident?"

He feels the greenett tense and then freeze at the words. Green eyes suddenly don't want to meet crimson ones.

There's a trail of silence between them now as Izuku pushes himself across the floor to lean back on the couch. The blonde watches carefully part of him regretting asking the question at all but he wasn't here while the greenett was in the hospital so he isn't sure of all the details and this is something that has been on his mind.

He sighs sitting beside him seeing cloudy green eyes that are staring down at his lap. The blonde speaks gently.

" Deku, I'm not trying to upset you. I know this shit is hard, even harder when you have to relive certain details, but I haven't seen you use your quirk since I've been back and it might be useful."

Teary green eyes finally look in his direction.

" I .. I still have my quirks. I used them a week or so after I was conscious enough to, when I had enough strength to. It was just a test to make sure I could activate them, I didn't really do anything with them but...."

There's a pause and tears down fair cheeks and a blonde hero who suddenly has an unexplainable knot in his stomach.

" But what?"

Izuku sighs taking a breath before he continues.

" But.. they.. they felt weak, my.. my quirks felt really weak Kacchan!", he says with a broken sob at the end.

Katsuki lifts his brows, a pained expression now etched onto his features at the out burst that he didn't expect. He had no idea about this, he isn't even sure if he's pissed off, scared to death, or down right heart broken so he decides he's all three.

" Deku why.. why didn't you tell me about this earlier? We could have been working on that part too."

Izuku shakes his head wiping his eyes as he sniffles trying desperately to calm angry sobs.

" Because, because I.. I didn't think it was important."

Katsuki narrows his eyes standing up quickly as he begins to pace.

" Not importan!? Deku .. not important!!?? How the fuck can you say that?! It's your God damn quirk! If it's weakened then we need to be working on it! We should have been working on it the whole time!"

Green eyes narrow even though they are filled with heavy tears.

" Why?! What's the difference?! What's the point even?! Why does it even matter if my quirk is weak or strong if I can't even use it properly because I'm stuck in this chair?! You should just let me give it to you! Let me pass it on to you so that it can be put to use like it's supposed to be!", he yells with tears spilling.

Katsuki drops down in front of him immediately with a deep scowl and a growl in his tone as he grips the greenett by the tshirt and pulls him to his face.

" I am not taking your quirk, not a chance in hell because that quirk is yours and the man we both loved and admired gave it to you because he knew you were worthy of it. I watched you struggle but never give up making it your own and you did make it your own. That quirk is exactly where it fucking should be and you are going to work your ass off again to make sure it's just as strong or even fucking stronger than it was before and you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself for a god damn minute and listen to me. Think about it Deku, think about it really hard. Your quirk might just be the answer or part of the answer we're looking for, if you can power your quirk into your legs it might help you walk again you stubborn bastard.", he breathes out heavy, panting with his own emotions and tears of a million emotions threatening to fall.

Izuku goes wide eyed at the words even as a tear slips down his face.

" B-but how? And .. like I said it's weaker now.".

Katsuki sighs heavy with a grunt as he sits down on the floor.

" I'm not sure how yet and I'm not even fully positive it will work it's just a theory right now a fucking possibility. But I mean it can't fucking hurt to try right? And just like the way we got your body back in shape we can do the same thing with your quirk, by using it, adding it into the workouts you've already been doing.", he says trying to calm his tone.

Katsuki can see the wheels begin to turn in the greenett's mind as he thinks about the information he was just given.

Hopeful green eyes finally look at the blonde hero.

" Do.. do you really think it might help?"

Katsuki forces a smile pushing down the fear that it won't help.

" I think anything is possible Deku, especially since we haven't tried it yet and even if it doesn't help with the walking we still need to strengthen it."

Izuku nods shifting his sights across the room.

" Yes, you're probably right."

Katsuki scoffs with a smirk as he stands up.

" Of course I'm right shitty nerd."

Izuku smiles at the blonde's long time nickname for him then he bites at his bottom lip.

" Kacchan, I'm.. I'm sorry for not telling you and... and for what I said a few minutes ago. I didn't mean to get so upset."

Katsuki looks down at him as he slides his hands into his track pants.

" It's ok Deku, I get it. This isn't easy on you .. none of it so .. I get it."

Green eyes meet crimson. Izuku smiles with an amused head shake and a light chuckle.

" Who are you and what have you done with my bossy, meanish childhood friend and rival."

Katsuki smirks at him.

" He's still here, keep shit taking like before and he's all you'll see. Now let's fire up that quirk and see what happens."

Izuku takes a deep breath. He hasn't fired up his quirk in quite awhile and honestly he's nervous about it.

Katsuki sees the hesitation and unease. He gives the bottom of the greenett's sneaker a light tap with the tip of his own.

" Oi, it's alright, I'm right here."

Izuku looks up at him seeing the blonde with his ever confidant smirk with his arms crossed giving him a reassuring head nod.

Izuku narrows his eyes with determination as he nods up at the blonde.

Katsuki stares down at the greenett with his heart hammering against his ribs feeling a shaking core as he silently prays that this works.

Crimson eyes watch with a clenched jaw in anticipation for something to happen. Then finally he sees something that makes his heart kick into an even higher gear.

Soft green lightening begins to show itself down Izuku's right arm. The greenett has his eyes closed, focusing heavily as he face holds signs of pure meditation.

Deep crimson eyes continue to watch as that quirk slowly works its way to the left arm and then trails down the left side of Izuku's body to his leg, not one but both.

Katsuki wells with emotion. It has been so long since he's seen that quirk, that beautiful green lit quirk that will always secretly be his favorite color, this means even more because Izuku hasn't used this quirk since the early stages of his recovery so this sight right now is everything.

The light is dim at first a sign that no his quirk might not be as strong as normal but its there, it's there and ready to be used.

Katsuki begins to speak.

" That's it Deku, that's fucking perfect. You're doing great, now I want you to push harder, concentrate your quirk into your legs, concentrate most of the power into that area."

Green eyes remain closed as he lets the blonde's voice flood his senses as he does exactly what he's instructed to do.

He pushes his eyes closed further willing his quirk into his legs, all his focus there.

The light around him grows brighter making Katsuki grin like a mad man.

" That's it Deku, that's it.. keep it up for me! Damn your doing so good."

There's sweat down Izuku's face at his sheer will as he pushes a little more feeling a twinge of something in his legs.

Suddenly he feels a strong hand grab his.

" Try and stand for me, I'm gonna help you, hold you up, but let's try."

Izuku snaps his eyes open keeping them on crimson ones as Katsuki pulls him up while he pushes his quirk further.

He can feel it, after months of feeling nothing he can finally feel the electric like current from his quirk down his legs.

Emerald eyes are wide as he gets pulled to his feet fully and before he can even think or react Katsuki let's go of his hands and stands back.

To both of their absolute amazement Izuku remains standing on his own.

They both stop, breathing and movement as tears spill from green eyes and Katsuki's heart feels like it might actually leap out of it's rightful place.

" Kacchan.. Kacchan I.. I.. I'm.. I'm s-tanding .. I.. am I.. am I really ?! Kacchan.. am I standing?!", he whispers shouts almost afraid to rise his voice like it might break the spell that's holding him up.

Katsuki nods with a smile so big its killing his face. There's tears in those crimson eyes if you look close enough and a heart that's aching with nothing but absolute pride.

" Fuck yeah you're standing. Holy shit Deku, this is amazing."

Izuku looks down at himself making sure it's actually happening because this can't be real, but it's definitely real, this is definitely happening.

He goes to take a step but when he does his legs give out just in time for the blonde hero to rush forward and catch him in his arms

Katsuki comforts him immediately

" It's ok, it's absolutely ok that you stumbled right there but you stood on your own Deku! That's huge that's proof that you are going to be ok, that you can do this that we found a key to your recovery and we are going to make this work. No matter what it fucking takes."

Green eyes well with tears as he hugs the blonde tightly with hope burning through him once again.

" Oh.. oh my God Kacchan. Thank you.. thank you for being my hero."

A/N
My heart.

Our tale continues ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 10.3K 51
Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his musical talent is not limited to just the...
8.8K 528 5
Twenty-three year old Hero Dynamite, Katsuki Bakugo is having a day like any other while he fights a villain alongside his husband Pro Hero Deku. Tha...
508K 19.4K 38
Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital. He hates the place and all he wants to...
415K 12.6K 46
Izuku Midoriya is a 23 year old paramedic in the city. He's attractive, kind, a bit on the quiet side, he's also struggling to break from an emotiona...