[WAITLISTED] you were never m...

By saltyysinagrams

Peyton Stanton is a current intern for the National Hockey League team, the Minnesota Wild, for photography... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

6

214 4 5
By saltyysinagrams

liked by pstanton45 and 834 others
iowawild Guess who's back again!

"And the Iowa Wild fall short to the Ontario Reign tonight with a final score of 3-1 here at Wells Fargo Arena," the Iowa Wild radio analyst said emotionless as I finished wiping down the counter.

"What do you think of their performance tonight?" asked the other announcer on the broadcast.

"Well, other than the goal by returning forward Matthew Boldy, I thought the defense played pretty well. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to stop the Reign lines," the first analyst responded. "Speaking of Matthew Boldy, have you seen what he's been up to lately?"

My heart dropped as I turned the volume up on my phone to listen to what these announcers had to say about Matt's life. I'm screwed if they mention his love life, though I don't see why they would. It's kinda unprofessional, if you ask me.

The second announcer chuckled. "Well, I see that he's been fishing in his free time when he was in Minnesota for those couple of games with his buddy Connor Dewar," he said.

I let out a sigh of relief. Just fishing.

"Yeah! I saw that he caught a pretty good walleye," the first analyst responded. "If only I could have that kind of luck when I'm fishing,"

They both chuckled. I didn't pay for an AHL radio subscription for the two announcers to be talking about Matt Boldy and how good of a fisher he is.

Well, the game was over. Plus the fact that the Iowa Wild lost, so they probably needed something happier to talk about.

I decided to text Matt congratulating him on a good game, even if they lost.

matthew <3

lol thanks! whatcha up to?

nothing much. doing some cleaning around the apartment cause it's kind of a wreck

Because I was over? Lmao

Probably

You nearly broke my couch

Ah, but it would be worth it.

Then you'd be paying for a new couch too matthew

Ick then maybe not

Hey, I wouldn't mind.

Oh I know. I've spent enough money on your damn camera

tbh you left your stench here

It fucking reeks

You're welcome.

Also, I think I left my black Wild sweatshirt at your apartment by accident. I was too focused on getting my shit together before I left since we slept together

Well Matt I can guarantee you that you never getting it back

?

What do you mean?

You hockey players are truly dumber than a bag of rocks

I smiled at my phone screen as I saw the gray typing bubbles appear, then disappear. Though Matt didn't know that I was currently wearing the sweatshirt he had left at my apartment, I for sure wasn't giving it back to him.

It made me chuckle that he had no idea what I was talking about, but oh well. He'll figure it out when I take a majority of his sweatshirts and he's asking me where they all went.

The sweatshirt in particular was a black Minnesota Wild sweatshirt with the primary logo printed front and center, then the number twelve sat on where the right collarbone would be.

Sure, the sweatshirt reeked in a mixture of cologne and sweat, but it made me smile every time I thought about who was wearing this before I was.

My phone started to vibrate as Matt was trying to FaceTime me while I was playing a game on my phone, alone on the couch.

I accepted the call and a grainy, but visible moving image of my sweet, loving boyfriend was on my phone screen in his car.

"Hey!" exclaimed Matt.

I smiled. "Hi!" I responded, trying to match his energy he emanated off of his greeting.

He giggled. Nothing was awkward since what had happened last night. Matthew just can't get enough of me.

"You look tired," Matt mentioned.

I nodded my head. "Been cleaning and editing photos, that's all I did. While listening to the Iowa Wild game," I responded with a subtle yawn in my breath.

He chuckled, then his eyes widened. "Oh! I have some news!" He exclaimed. "But wait...is that what I think it is?"

I blinked, confused as to what he was even talking about since he spat out two things at once.

"What?" I asked him.

He squinted as his face appeared closer to the camera. "Is that my sweatshirt?" He asked.

I glanced down at my chest, then back at the camera. "No," I responded. "This is just one I got from The Hockey Lodge a year or so ago," I lied.

He smirked. "I'm pretty sure they don't sell sweatshirts with numbers on the collarbone," he said. "Especially when it says the number twelve, and I wear the number twelve,"

I sighed. "Fine, yes. It is yours," I said with a smile on my face.

"Ha! I knew it!" He exclaimed before his face got more relaxed. "You can have it. It looks better on you than it does with me," he said with a wink.

I blushed softly. "Awh,"

He chuckled. "Anyways. I have important news. You'll love it," he said.

I was already intrigued, not caring whether it was good or bad. Although it was probably good because of Matt's tone and that he said that I'd love the news he had for me.

"Go on," I said.

He sighed, then smiled again. "They're bringing me back up to Minnesota," he said.

My eyes widened as my jaw dropped slightly. "Seriously?! That's awesome!" I exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you!"

His smile widened. "I know, but that's not all," he told me.

I looked at him in confusion. "Huh?" I asked him.

His smile relaxed again before he told me the other part of his news.

"I'm getting a permanent roster spot on the Minnesota Wild."

My jaw dropped. I wasn't going to have to find a ride down to Des Moines after all, forever. I can just stay up here in Minnesota and not have to worry about traveling down to Iowa to watch Matt play for the Wild's farm team.

I was speechless.

Matt chuckled. "I know, I know! I was speechless when I was told that after tonight's game. I'm not going to be in Pittsburgh, but I have to get on the plane when they come back for a small break before leaving for Seattle. So, I'll be in Minnesota for a few days before I have to leave again," he told me as he slicked back his dark blonde hair.

All I could do was smile. My sadness from the Iowa Wild losing their game tonight was quickly taken away from Matt's awesome news about permanently coming back to stay in Minnesota.

I took a deep breath. "So, when are you going to be back up here?" I asked him.

He returned the smile right back at me, which kinda irritated the shit out of me. How come he had a nicer smile than I did?

"Well, I have to move all of my stuff out of my shared apartment and into my car, then I'll start the journey back up to Minnesota. I should be here at around...three or so," he responded using his fingers, which made me giggle the slightest bit.

"Well, I can't wait for you to get back here," I said.

He nodded his head as his smile widened. "I can say the same, Peyton."

parker

Yo Peyton! I was wondering if we could hang out at your place today if you're not busy with work! I'll bring snacks ;)))

Haha you got it! When are you planning on coming over?

11ish? Just so I have enough time to watch Evan's hockey game later

You're still dating Evan? I thought he broke up with you

We got back together. He said he missed my body

Girl be fr right now

That's what he said! Besides, his dick is soooo big

Good fucking lord

You're just saying that because you're still a virgin 😝

Nah, actually I got laid the other night. Got railed by my hot boyfriend. He also did it inside ;)

Since when did you have a boyfriend???? Spill the tea

He's kind of a secret. Besides, it's none of your business

Secret boyfriend???? Even better!

No it really isn't

I can get in trouble if people found out that I'm dating him

Wait what? Is he being overprotective and secretive? That's not healthy Pey

No, we both agreed to keep our relationship toned down.

That just opens doors for new problems Peyton

The problem here is you being nosey about my love life. You don't see me talking about Evan do ya

Jeez settle down. Not like I've been dating Evan for the last year

**with breaks

Shhhhh 😂

Parker came over at around ten-thirty with a couple bags of chips and a three liter bottle of Mountain Dew. Was it the most ideal late breakfast meal? Of course not, but we were twenty and had nothing better to do with our young selves.

"Hey, hey!" I exclaimed as Parker and I hugged in the doorway.

She giggled. "Haven't seen ya in a while, Peyton! College is so fucking busy, you wouldn't know," she told me as I closed the door behind her.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. I have an associate's degree, so technically I went to college," I responded. "Matt should be here in a couple hours. Make yourself at home for the time being,"

She looked at me in confusion as she set the food and Mountain Dew on the small table drowning in unnecessary mail and other ratchet items. "Matt?" She questioned.

My heart dropped. All for having a full-on private relationship, I thought. "My brother," I lied.

She looked at me in even more confusion, but eventually she shrugged it off. "Anyways," she said before she went and sat down on the couch.

I let out a sigh of relief. The last thing I want is for Parker to find out about Matt, because she has a bigger mouth than anyone on this planet. You tell her something, and the next day the whole world knows.

"So, tell me about your little secretive boyfriend you got goin' on," Parker insisted.

"I would rather not," I responded.

She threw one of my pillows from the couch at me. "You lame ass. Tell me the basics. What's his name, where he's from, all that!" She continued to insist, which I was definitely not telling her about. "What's this?"

I looked at her in confusion, then she pulled out Matt's black sweatshirt I had underneath the pillow that she threw at me. My face started to redden, then she drew her eyes back and forth between the sweatshirt and me.

My heart had started to race. What was her next question—who wore the number twelve for the Minnesota Wild?

She smirked. "Peyton, is there something you'd like to tell me?" She asked me before sniffing the sweatshirt she had found on my couch.

My face started to redden. "That's my brother's. He's coming over to pick it up," I told her.

She raised an eyebrow. "Really? Your brother plays for the Minnesota Wild?" She asked me, though it rolled off her tongue more as an obvious joke.

I gulped. "No, I mean," I started to stammer as I could feel a lump build up deep in my throat.

A series of knocks came abruptly at my door. The knocking was spaced out and deep, almost like their hands were abnormally large and tried punching through the wooden door.

Without looking in the peephole, I opened the door and nearly fainted.

My ears started to ring and pressure built into my head as Matthew Boldy's glowing white smile met my eyes on the other side of the door.

I felt the world stop. My ears automatically tuned Matthew's voice greeting me at the door in my left ear, and Parker's ecstatic mild screeching behind me in the other.

"Peyton?" slurred Matt, before I fainted and toppled him over and into the hallway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 36.2K 60
The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrape your knee. Or you have sex, you get pr...
5.3K 137 20
"I bet you can't make Jase Anderson fall in love with you." Alessandra Russo is the only girl on her hockey team, with her worst enemy on and off the...
89.6K 1.2K 21
Leona Montgomery is a figure skater. She's been to the Olympic 3 times and has countless medals. She decided to retire as she is tired. She only work...
4.5M 90.6K 60
When photography student, Willow Kennedy, gets offered an internship with her college's renowned ice hockey team, The Michigan Wolverines, she antici...