Twisted Development

By Serinua23

HIATUS/DISCONTINUED Yuu has a normal life until an Arcane Financial agent appears. Now she has to keep the sc... More

Strangers
Falling Apart
Royal Sword Academy
Ha! Ha! ¿Ja?
New Leadership

Desperate

45 2 0
By Serinua23

Yuu wakes up with the sunshine on her face.

"Mm, Grim? Where are you?" Yuu moans, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh hey, Yuu! Glad to see you're awake! Put these herbs and spices into the bag," Jamil says, throwing a good-smelling bag at Yuu.

"What the?!" Yuu screams, looking at all the students ransacking the greenhouse. "Grim, where are you?!"

"Ooooh! Catnip!" Grim moans, mouthing his mouth closer to the catnip.

"No, Grim! NO!" Yuu yells, scrambling to get up.

Now the story of a wealthy school thrown into infamy and the one girl and cat trying to keep everyone together. It's Twisted Development.

After one day of Crowley not running things, the school had managed to earn itself #10 for safest Arcane schools. They weren't even close to the top 5, but for some reason, the further dysfunction and chaos at NRC improved their ranking from #20.

"I can't believe the school is falling apart like this. Even the farm animals and horses have broken out," Yuu comments, stepping around horse shit. "Do you think it's time to ask for help?"

"We're not getting help from those snobby princes!" Deuce snarls, a fire in his eyes burning.

"Ok, I'll see you later. I need to grab more stuff from Ramshackle," Yuu replies, trying not to fuel the flames.

Yuu steps inside and hears creaks from what seems like the attic. She goes up the steps and finds taco shell crumbs leading to a small door. Yuu squeezes her way inside but finds nothing but dust and cobwebs.

"If you're a rat, get out of Ramshackle! I'll unleash my cat upon you!" Yuu yells, grabbing a broom from nearby.

More creaks come from in front of Yuu, and she knocks over a couple of boxes only to find a pale man with hazel eyes and black hair eating tacos while half-naked.

"AAAHHH!" Yuu screams, beating the man with the broom.
"Who fucking are you?!"

Crowley had escaped from the school through the sinkhole but had decided to return so he could take his financial records with him. Unfortunately, that seemed to be difficult for him.

15 minutes earlier:
Crowley rolls into his office and tries to open his drawer, only for his large cape to knock over multiple books.

"Who's in there?" Trein yells, walking toward Crowley's office.

Crowley looks toward the window and jumps out of it without his financial records in hand. His pants get caught on the windowsill, and they come off. Trein opens the door and sees Crowley's pants blowing in the wind like it's on a clothing line.

Back to the present:

"Stop hitting me with the broom, and I'll tell you my name. Not only that, but you get a taco," Crowley says, pushing two tacos toward Yuu.

Yuu stops screaming and hesitantly looks at the man. She puts down her broom and immediately starts to eat the tacos.

"Sorry, I haven't eaten in a while," Yuu apologizes.

"It's ok. My name is Coleire Idwy. I found this dorm and moved in because I thought nobody lived here. It seems I was wrong. I'll move out," Crowley lies, starting to get up.

"No! Stay! You can stay in the attic! I can get you food or something. Though it might take a while, considering the cafeteria is closed indefinitely, and we're living off of food trucks and junk food," Yuu explains, sitting on the attic floor.

"I thought I taught those damn kids how to cook!" Crowley mumbles, lowering his voice.

"Hm?"

"Nothing, nothing. I thought your wonderful headmage taught the students how to cook?"

"He did. That doesn't mean they're great at following instructions. Very few students know how to cook a meal in this school."

"A shame indeed."

"I'm going back to the campus to hang out. One of my friends says they have something important for me to see."

Yuu says goodbye to Coleire (Crowley) and leaves the attic. She gets a call from Ace and picks up.

"Hey, Acey! What's up?" Yuu greets, putting the phone to her ear.

"You've gotta see this! The beastmen are so hungry they're trying to eat the equestrian club horses! Riddle's freaking out!" Ace laughs at Riddle's screams in the background.

"Oh my God, Ace! That's not funny!" Yuu exclaims, running to the horse stables, only to find a rotating pole over a fire. "Oh, my God!"

Yuu sees the beastmen carrying a horse with Riddle still clutching it for dear life.

"I won't let you take Thumbelina!" Riddle yells, clinging onto the horse.

Yuu walks in front of the fire and stops the crowd.

"Stop! I know you guys are half-animal, but don't go down this road! We can get food from the town!" Yuu pleads, earning her glares and hisses from the beastmen.

"Move out of the way, Yuu. Let the apex predators pick off the rest," Jack says, walking towards Yuu.

"No, not you, Jack. You're supposed to be the good one," Yuu cries, hugging Jack.

"I know, but this situation calls for the survival of the fittest," Jack says, comforting Yuu.

"What are you animals doing?! Put this horse down right now!" Crewel yells, seeing the terrified horse in the beastmen's arms.

The crowd immediately puts the horse and Riddle down. Crewel lets out a heavy sigh.

"I know this school is going through hard times, but let's not lose our humanity! You ratchet kids are not going to become savages!" Crewel lectures, making everyone feel guilty. "Now then, everyone here, go back to your dorms! Except for Yuu, I have a task for you."

Everyone heads back, and Crewel hands Yuu wanted fliers of Crowley.

"Post these flyers around town and take a picture of the flyer to put on social media. Crowley's not going be a free bird today," Crewel says.

"Ok, Professor Crewel!" Yuu replies, holding the flyers and walking towards campus to pick up Grim from the infirmary.

As she's walking to campus, Yuu crashes into someone. The flyers go everywhere.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't see you!" Yuu apologizes, rubbing her head.

"It's Child of Man. By the way, about that kiss-" Malleus says, picking up flyers.

"Can you help me put flyers up around town? I wanted to get Grim to help me, but since you're here...maybe you could help instead?" Yuu suggests, smiling nervously at Malleus.

Grim wasn't in any condition to help Yuu or himself. In fact, he was stuck in the infirmary until his catnip high went away.

"I-" Malleus stutters.

Since Malleus accidentally kissed Yuu, he's been desperate for her attention. Usually, he'd try, but his efforts failed due to other circumstances.

Flashback to Malleus trying to talk to Yuu yesterday but getting rushed away by Lilia and Sebek for a dorm leader meeting.

"Sure!" Malleus beams, smiling like a baby.

"Yay!" Yuu squeals, picking up the rest of the flyers.

In the next: Twisted Development:

The Sage Island locals get persuaded to find the Night Raven headmage.

"2,700,000 Thaumarks to find Dire Crowley? This could expand the island so much!" A pier woman exclaims.

"I could buy a new boat!" A young boy squeals.

"And I could get an expansion of my job," Ambrose calmly says, smirking at the reward amount.

Yuu finds Agent F

"Glad you could meet with me. I only have a limited amount of time, but can you please help me find Headmage Crowley? He escaped when a sinkhole opened in the gym during an assembly," Yuu explains, sitting with Fabuloso on the dock.

"So the bird went into his burrow, eh?" Fabuloso replies, drinking a mimosa.

"I-I guess," Yuu responds.

And Croleire sneaks out of the attic.

"God, that attic is so stuffy," Crowley groans, stretching his legs on Ramshackle's back lawn.

"Who are you?" Malleus looking at Croleire.

"A ghost. Who are you?" Crowley asks, making eye contact with Malleus.

"You don't look like one," Malleus comments, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, not all ghosts are ashy!" Crowley snaps.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 6.4K 24
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. ━━ love island usa 2024, s6 ━━ kordell beckham x oc
124K 7.3K 90
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
151K 11K 60
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
203K 5.4K 67
Zero already has a boyfriend that she loves but finds out that he is cheating but she tries to work it out and stay with him. But then she goes to th...