๐‹๐Ž๐‚๐Š๐„๐ƒ

By reportsbytoya

๐“๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ... More

๐˜…
1: ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
2: ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ
3: ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ
4: ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป.
6: ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
7: ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™›๐™ฉ *
8: ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ฎ
9: ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™จ *
๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™จ / ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™จ
10: ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š
11: ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ *
12: ๐˜‚๐—น๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐—บ
13: ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—น๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—น๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด / ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™จ
14: ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€, ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€
15: ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ
16: ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚...part one*
16: ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚...part two
17: ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜ƒ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—บ
18: ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜‚ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ *
19: ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
20: ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ ๐˜‚ *
๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ ๐˜‚ / visuals
21: ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—น๐˜† 4 ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚
22: ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐˜†...๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜€?*
23: ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚
24: ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜๐˜†
25: ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ*
26: ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜† ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
27: ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ผ/๐—ฎ
28: ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป
29: ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ
30: ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐—น๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ...part one
30: ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€...part two
๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€ / visuals
31: ๐—บ๐˜€. ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—ต*
32: ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜† ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜‡๐˜†, ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜€๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜‡๐˜†
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ โ€ข ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ*
๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€

5: ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐˜€๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ

7.8K 517 279
By reportsbytoya

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

"Remember your columns are due in two weeks! I have yet to see a finalized draft that's ready for the final review. Your columns are due in exactly one week. No exceptions and no late turn-ins! I will see y'all Wednesday,"

Closing the top of my MacBook, I stood from my assigned seat inside the auditorium-sized classroom. I was mentally checked out from class before Dr. Landrum even gave her speech. By now, I was just plain ready to go. So, I stuffed everything away in hopes of leaving. It was a little after eleven o'clock and I had some time to spare. A nice long nap would be blissful before two o'clock had to roll around.

"Ms. Fleming, I need a word with you." Dr. Landrum announced as I was making my way down the aisle, along with a few of my classmates.

Mentally, I sighed before tossing the Coach Backpack on my shoulder. With my phone and keys, I stepped around one of the females, giving a polite head nod before stopping at the Professor's desk.

Dr. Linda Landrum was only in her mid-fifties, with a record of over fifteen years in education and the last six has been on a post-secondary level. Her background in Mass Media is what landed her at Clark Atlanta. Shortly after her arrival, she began to serve as the secondary chairman of our program. She's charming and alert, while also being quick on her toes.

I admired her on another level than just my professor or chairman of the University's program. But also as a Black woman with a goal. One that she kept up with. 

"Yes ma'am."

"How are you, Penny?"

"I'm okay...," For some reason, I felt nervous. As if an explanation was needed. "My column is almost finished-" But Dr. Landrum shook her head at my words. Silently ceasing my voice. 

"That's not exactly why I wanted to talk to you." She said, taking a seat. "I have noticed that you haven't submitted your draft. But more importantly, you're not engaging as much as you normally would. So, I'm hoping everything is okay."

Did I mention the woman is also overly observant?

"Everything is good...I just got a lot on my plate right now."

"Graduation is nearing. Do you have any plans after?"

"Yes, I'm finishing up this internship and afterward I'm applying for entry-level screenwriting."

Mrs. Landrum nodded as a smile grew wide on her face. "I love that for you. It's a big goal, but you're phenomenal." I simply shrugged at her acknowledgment. Not wanting to speak on anything too soon with anyone.

It was between two broadcasting companies currently. While the position with CBS was still in the air, NBC had reached out multiple times in the last few weeks. Moving to the next steps in the job referring process. Both job titles would require a six months process. Meaning nothing was final before January and by February, I would know who or where I had landed myself at.

New York City or Los Angeles.

"I'm trying." I responded with merely.

"Well, good luck. Now far along are you with your column?" Yeah, I figured.

"By Thursday I may be finished. And then I can submit it for your final review before I do any tweaking this weekend."

"That sounds perfect. Tonight, give me what you have. It doesn't need to be completely polished, but I do what to see what you've come up with — before turning it in for the final. And surely before you submit it for the 105.9 websites."

"Yes, ma'am."

I needed to get home so I could rest, shower, and regroup. Then finally I'll be able to go to Dreamville and finish this assignment.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

With the twist of my gearshift, I placed the 750i into park. Sitting back against the cherry red leather seat, I closed my eyes briefly. My nerves were beating the shit out of me, but not in a bad way. More giggly and excited than the feeling of scared and nervousness.

Taking another peek into the rearview mirror, I brushed through my straight tresses. Rolling my eyes at the reminder that I did my hair last night — off the strength of this "meeting". It's crazy to think I wanted to look my best while in his space. Plus, I wasn't sure what to call this. Interview? Meeting? ...Date?

No, it definitely wasn't a date, but as I rubbed my lipgloss across my bottom lip — I wondered why I carried so much — if it wasn't one.

Then the glass door directly in front of me opened and an amused expression from KD met me. His tall frame leaned against the custom glass door.

"You ain't gotta do all that, Barbie. Just come inside."

Barbie....

For some reason, the Tiktok saying, "his prettiest problem" popped up in my head. Delusional at its finest.

Nibbling at my bottom lip — I exited the car, making sure to pick up my bag, keys, and phone from the cup holder. Ka'Dafii held out his hand and without words, kindly took the bag from me. Holding it at his side before motioning for me to walk ahead of him.

Dreamville was located in Midtown Atlanta on a walkable strip. A sneaker shop next door on the right and a private lawyer on the left. The Dreamville logo shines the brightest of its nearest competitors. However, this was the only tattoo shop in the area.

"Your mom never taught you not to interrupt a woman's beauty?" I teased him, attempting to sidestep once we were inside.

"Nah, but I know that lil' gloss ain't gon' add to ya' beauty. And damn sholl can't take away from it." He pulled me closer and for the first time, we shared a hug.

Genuine and intimate — closer than usual. Ka'Dafii's touch was strong, yet thoughtful. His hands were in respectable places on my back as he ran his palm across it. I heard when he smirked under his breath before tightening his grip for a second. Once again he smelled of the Invictus cologne. The fresh sweetness enveloped me.

"Hello, Ka'Dafii."

Smacking his teeth, those arms around me loosen as he became annoyed from the proper greeting. His long congo locs fall over his face and shoulders.

"Hello, Mariah," He said in a mocking tone. Giving both of us some room as he freed me. He went to lock the doors then. I was waiting to see how he would. KD approached a touchscreen box on the wall. Then with a few clicks on the screen, the job was done. "I ain't think you was coming. You ain't nervous, right?"

Oddly... "No." Shrugging my shoulders, I sat my phone down on the receptionist's desk. Ka'Dafaii politely handed over my bag and I removed the computer for my recordings. Inside were my notebook and pen also, but I felt this way may be more efficient.

Ka'Dafii walked over to a station, one that I assumed was his. The moment gave me a second to take in my surroundings for once. Plus him.

Dressed in dark Amiri jeans and a plain black sweater, KD kept the look simple. The jeans were designer, being the most expensive piece of clothing on him. The second being the Black Cat 13s.

He put thought into it and I could tell. Which was something to smile about. While I had followed the same suit. Dressing in a simple, yet effective look. With my dark gray halter top dress as the winner. It was fitted, but long, stopping at my ankles. So, while it showed the curves, it didn't show too much skin.

"Your shop is beautiful." I said, breaking the ice.

"Thanks, it started on some basement shit," Information. But possibly for the next column coming up. "I love black. It's probably my favorite color but ion believe in favorites. It made sense for it to be the primary color."

"I was thinking more like orange, but then again, you always wear black."

"Oh, you noticed?" KD's smile grew at my previous words. His eyes fixated on me."I see you followed me back after a whole damn year."

"Well, don't flatter yourself. I've seen you for the past three days. Well...expect for yesterday, obviously. But anyways," I said getting back on topic as I took a seat at the station closest to him. "You always in all black. And in Florida, that's a thing."

"I know 'bout Plies, mama." KD reached behind him momentarily to open the draw of his station table.

"Oh," Laughing, I shrugged as he pulled out a black mylar bag. The smell proof packaging, hides the weed inside, as much as possible. KD removed a purple Honey Berry Backwoods bag too before closing the slot back. Oh... "I didn't take you as a Plies fan, I guess."

Nor did I think he was a smoker. But as he got comfortable in front of me, I realized, I made an assumption. A very broad assumption. Ka'Dafii made quick work of breaking down the weed. Taking the time to pick apart the four buds by hand.

I found my bottom lip in between my teeth, as I watched him. Seeing him with a random piece of paper on his lap as sticky weed particles fell. Hearing his words clearly, but truly fascinated at the moment. It was the first time I had ever seen someone actually roll up. And when I say, turned on? I meant it was the sexiest thing ever. Forcing me to cross my legs, as I looked around to gain concentration.

"Plies, Trick, Boosie, Webbie, Gucci, Jeezy, T.I, Wayne....all was out in my early prime. I remember being fourteen and I had won my first race in Jacksonville when Definition of Real dropped," KD smiled softly before taking a moment. "That was a time, for real. A different typa of time then."

"I should've figured you knew some 'bout them with an old school like yours."

Laughing, Ka'Dafii turned his body slightly to empty the tobacco inside a small black trash can. It's amazing how turned on I was by simply watching him.

A damn shame...

"Tip put out 24s and I had just knew. My grandpa always fixed on cars, so me and my brother were always around them. But that's how I knew it was a passion more than just something to pass the time. Getting in the streets and seeing the older niggas ride 'round with 'em. The color, the rims, the beat down in 'em. I wanted my shit just like that."

"How long does it take to get your car...on that level?"

Ka'Dafii looked at me before reaching out to get a cup of water that was waiting on him. He used it to wet the backwood. Before starting his tucking process. "It could take years. A lot of niggas don't get to that kinda detail," He said openly. "Buying a Donk is the hardest part. The second hardest is fixing it up to your liking. It's old school meaning the parts, engines, and details could cost more than the typical car nowadays. From the trim of the tires to the paint job — it could cost anything from five to fifteen thousand. That's why it takes so long."

"You have the McLaren that's impressive too." There's that word again.

"Oh, yeah..." Reaching into his pocket, KD removed a BIC lighter before sparking fire at the tip of the blunt. "Imma workaholic, so they say. I guess, I don't mind going the extra mile, 'cause when I want something imma get it,"

Those words weren't coincidental. I could tell from how he held eye contact when saying it. That sly smirk on his lips.

"And I ain't finna talk this whole time. So c'mon, tell me some 'bout you too." He said, exhaling slowly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hours later with a head full of thoughts and a belly full of Chinese food — I was pushing my luck. More importantly, I was pushing time.

Indeed, today had been successful. Well, my time with Ka'Dafii had been. He was a gentleman and very intelligent. Answering every question I threw at him, but also engaging enough that I too was in the hot seat at moments.

Almost three hours in and he stopped to order food for the two of us. He got no argument out of me and with the clock reading 3:47, I knew it was time for some food. We ate and my guard came down naturally around an enjoyable meal. Allowing enough room for him to drill me with questions freely. It felt good to see him genuinely listening and engaged though.

I realized shortly after sitting down, he was ready for whatever. Even after reminding myself to crack open the MacBook so I could type some of this stuff up. However, KD had something else in mind.

For the last two hours, we sat upstairs in his office. My laptop was on my lap as I typed up the three paragraphs that shined on the person of interest. Or CEO — in this case. Ka'Dafii was never too far away. Giving me the company I never had while completing such a task. In the mist, he smoked the remainder of his blunt as I read the final edition of my version of who he was.

By the time it was completed, he was high and I had a buzz from being locked in the room with him. While his eyes followed me around silently, I packed away my belongings. That tightening feeling in my lower stomach became more intense as he unapologetically and openly admired me.

Barbie...

This shouldn't feel safe, but only a fool would lie to themselves.

"We should do this again sometime." KD spoke.

The evening breeze was blowing in as we stepped outside the doors of Dreamville. The both of us are ready to go out separate ways. With a full belly and coolness, I was trying to find warmth. The random cold front had me extra sleepy all of a sudden.

Or maybe it was the events of the day. I wasn't expecting to stay here for hours. So, for it to be after seven o'clock — I was shocked. And more so tired.

"Do what, Ka'Dafii?"

"You love that name, don't you?" Laughing, I shrugged at him. Maybe.

I definitely had a buzz.

"So? It's cute. Your mama did a good job," Ka'Dafii smacked his teeth, making me grin again as we made it to my car. "And we should do what again? Stop getting me off topic." It had been happening all night long. From one thing to the next. Finally, I asked if we could go back to certain questions. He made conversation easy with his intrusive thoughts.

"Another date."

Oh, he's cute. Grinning, I dropped my phone in the driver's seat before placing the book bag over in the passenger. A date? I played with the thought earlier, but quickly let it go. Or at least, attempting to do so. Was this really a date? What makes a date — a date, anyways? A certain level of attraction, conversation, and location? Maybe food? Well, if so? Then this was indeed a...date.

Unfortunately, it wasn't agreed under certain terms and for that — it wasn't one.

"It wasn't a date." I said instead.

"You enjoyed my company, mama. Don't joke like that."

"So? This was an interview if nothing else. You have to ask me for a date, to get a date."

"Oh, word?"

"Yeah." KD nodded before stepping closer. His height mocking against mine.

"Well, Mariah....can I take you on a date?"

Unfortunately.... "No, sorry."

Smacking his teeth, KD threw his locs back. His brown eyes on me. "Why not? At this point, you holding back on me. We had a perfect time today, Penny."

"It's simple. I'm not dating right now. My focus is on finishing school. My internship, midterms, and graduation. Plus I have enough going on with my family and then having to find a job in the next six months."

"Respectfully, what all of that, gotta do wimme?"

"You don't fit on the list." I replied smartly, starting my car with the press of a button. KD tilted his head, focusing on my face again. His eyes trailed down to my lips, which I made sure to lick.

"You know I want you," Is what he whispered, shaking his head as he backed away. Readjusting myself in my seat, I knew I had to get home. I've been struggling since two o'clock. "Get home safe, Mariah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 55.5K 54
๐™‡๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฉ 4 ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ', ๐™›๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™™ '๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š.
88.5K 2.1K 38
"๐‘ฐ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’ ๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’‡๐’†๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’˜๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’•๐’๐’† ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’๐’… ๐‘พ๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’Š๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’๐’…๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’, ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ...
542K 25.3K 32
"Aษดแด… I แด€ษชษด'แด› ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ ส™แด‡แด‡ษด ษชษด สŸแดแด แด‡๏น ส™แดœแด› I sแดกแด‡แด€ แด›แด Gแดแด… I แดกแด€ษดษดแด€ สŸแดแด แด‡ แด€ษขแด€ษชษด." ๏นฃ MN - ๐™‡๐™–๐™™๐™ฎ๐™‰๐™–๐™ž๐™ž ๐™‹๐™ง๐™ค๐™™๐™ช๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ