Duchess Of Sebria ✔️

Av TheNinaDaniel

"The King & A Commoner," Renai took every misstep that a butcher's daughter can not afford. She shouldn't hav... Mer

Welcome Here
Prologue
The Lord Was Right
Second Chance
My Beloved, My Doom
Parted Ways
The Lead
Finding Her Face
The Wrong Timing
My Generous Lord
Hatred & Love
Commoner In The Castle
King & His Rose
Cure For His Broken Heart
Triggers & Threats
Mistress Of Whores
Inferno Of Jealousy
Tricks To Be Taught
Pleasure Games
Escape The Lord
Betrayed Again
An Angelic Criminal
Pill Of Insanity
Handed Back To The Devil
Finding Rose In Death Chambers
Kiss Me Or Punish Them
Drowned By The Hands Of Love
Staking Claim
Burn Me Hard
Letters Of Hearts
Merciful Ruler?
King's Dirty Secret
Liar With My Heart
My Wish Is You
Hard To Part
Cookie Chef In The Castle
Her Side Of The Story
Protecting His Duchess
With All That I'm
Mad For My Rose
Warning From Her Shadows
Lord's Hunger For His Rose
Word Of The Lord Is Word Of The Law
Tree That Holds The Past
Night Of Changes
The War Outbreak
Betrayed & Attacked
Majesty To The Rescue
A Promise Of Forever
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter One
Bonus Chapter Two

Happenings At The Event

10K 393 3
Av TheNinaDaniel

41

After serving them lunch, the servants retired to their other duties. It was now the king, his mistress and his sword of honour present in the hall. Lucian had occupied a corner while the two of them had their meals under the golden hues of sun striking through the looming window behind the king.

Zebian was quietly taking his food whereas Renai was just fumbling with the beans. Despite feeling famished, she couldn't bring herself to lift the fork. Her mind continued driving her back to the threats that sonorous voice had made. How many times she had tried to shut her thoughts but apparently her mind was too stubborn to listen to her. She sighed tiredly and carried on to stare blankly at her plate.

Zebian was methodically chewing his morsel when his eyes fluttered to her filled plate. He glanced up, finding her lost in her own bubble. His brows quirked. She was blinking recurrently but her forehead had strained lines.

He swallowed the morsel and cleared his throat, seizing the line of her thoughts. She looked at him dumbfoundedly and schooled her expressions before he could question that.

Zebian brought his drink to his lip and sipped. "You are not eating," He pointed out without glancing at her face after gulping down and putting the glass on the table.

Renai peeked back at her plate and blinked again, this time with awkward realisation. Her plate was indeed untouched. "Um, yes..." She mumbled with a small smile, involuntarily erecting her back. She forked a bite, more like forced it and directed it to her mouth.

Zebian was keenly following her movements when, suddenly, his eyes flitted down to the cut carved on her wrist, below her blue veins. Instantly, his lips curled in displeasure. This girl was ready to hurt herself for an unfamiliar low-grade whore disguised as a noble princess. And now that she knew she was his concubine, these thoughts grated on his nerves even more.

Before she could take the fork to her mouth, he stretched his hand and took the fork from her hand, freezing Renai. She looked at him with a puzzled look. His eyes turned into the softest shade of blue as he roamed them at her lips while extending the fork toward her seam.

Taking the clue, she hesitantly opened her mouth and took the morsel. He watched her chewing like she was some baby. A faint smile crawled at the corners of his lips.

Satisfied, he made another bite.

Renai cast down her eyes and cleaned the edge of her bottom lip with her thumb. Zebian followed her thumbpad and gulped as she wiped the surface. His eyes again darted on her slightly bruised wrist.

"Your honour," He called him out of the blue.

And as if the sword of honour was waiting for the clue, he stepped ahead. "Your majesty,"

"Fetch me the ointment Doctor Haden has prepared," Zebian commanded while keeping his eyes on his woman. Lucian gracefully bowed his head and stepped back, leaving the hall.

After feeding her the bite, he put the fork on the saucer and grabbed her wrist below the bruise. Renai quietly watched him bringing her wrist near his face and scrutinising it as if it happened to be a roadmap of some battleground.

Abruptly, he brushed his thumbpad on frozen blood and made her hiss lowly. He immediately reckoned her reaction with a firm gaze, her features contorted. He breathed out deeply which fell on her bare skin.

He leaned down and placed his lips above her bruise, a fluttering sensation coursed through her veins and directly punched her guts. He could feel the shiver running down from her wrist to her stomach.

He stared her down while remembering how helpless and vulnerable he felt when he saw her defending that slut. He would have been standing on the battleground if not she had stopped him from killing her. Beheading their princess would have open encouragement to the war and he had no care for how strong the opponent's army and defences could be, even if the remaining states would merge their resources, it would still be less than his. For he was the king of eight states and needed no alliance to assist him. It was only that he wanted to pick two prey with one arrow.

"Your majesty, the ointment," Lucian's voice ceased his thoughts, he glanced at him and collected the tube from the tray.

He applied on her bruise, it felt prickly. Renai pursued her lips when he blew out a cold huff on the gel.

He lifted his eyes and saw her observing him with a cautious gaze. They held each other's gaze until he leaned forward. Renai held her breath as she watched him coming closer to her lips but before they could touch, he halted an inch away.

"You will not hurt yourself for anyone next time," He whispered deeply, but it sounded more like pleading.

Renai closed her eyes, his close proximity hugged her closely. Now that he had confessed last night, she couldn't stop her heart to not feel compelled by his presence.

"Do you hear me, my little love?" He purred out of love and brushed his lips against her warm pair. Renai gulped.

"If you promise not to hurt her again, I promise I would never do this," She moved her lips across his bottom lip, stirring many emotions inside his being.

Without saying anything, he closed this promise with a deep kiss. His eyelids shuttered close as he worked his tongue between her lips. Once she let him in, he pushed his face into her and roamed her cavity.

Ever since she came into the picture, many things had changed.

Everything began in search of her and now when she saw here. Those wars and conquering remaining states held no meaning for him. Whenever he stared into those large greyish orbs, he felt like surrendering his revenge. They had a world of their own where only he found himself. Her single command held the power to make him seize all warfare or even face defeat if it made her happy. He would happily sacrifice his undefeated repute just to see a portion of kindness for him in her eyes. He would and could do anything to keep her by his side. All she had to do was hold onto him.

It was Renai who parted first, both of them were breathing heavily against each other's faces. Her eyes were still closed while he was boring holes in her face. Just how cute she looked. It was one of those times when he couldn't believe she had come back to his life.

To make him believe, he wanted to kiss her again but they were already late for the event Queen Meriall had organised.

Halfheartedly, he parted his forehead and she opened her eyes, straightening her posture. She was about to pick her fork but he caught it before her and fed her.

***

Zebian was headed to the ground of the main chamber where the event was taking place. It was a monthly ceremony that would occur to freshen up the moods of all royal nobles. The king had hardly taken a part but today, on Meriall's insistence, he decided to make an appearance.

Just as the king stepped into the ground after the host announced his arrival, loud applause resonated in the ground. Chords of claps were ringing everywhere. He smirked and raised his hand to greet. The crowd went haywire. He, then, strode to the stage where Queen Meriall and other nobles were seated.

Zebian took the seat beside the queen and watched two knights opposite to each other decking the armour suits out. He gazed at the sky and smirked. The weather was getting windy. Perfect environment for jousting.

Both of the armed men climbed on their respective horsebacks. Everyone hooted to cheer them up. Their partners had handed them the lances. They secured it between their armpits and yanked their horses' bridles. They stopped their horses once they reached the stage.

King Zebian stood up from his throne and stepped near the front. The knights bowed their heads with helmets on and forwarded their lances. Zebian raised his hand and Lucian brought him two handkerchiefs.

He tied each one of them on those two lances.

"Fight as you are, my luck is with you both," Zebian beamed like a lion. The crowd clapped again. They both nodded their heads and returned to their opposite positions. Zebian also went back but as he was about to sit, his eyes flew to her direction. His lips couldn't behave properly. He watched her settling opposite to his stage. That stage was for the noble ladies and Arlet was also sitting among them with her chambermaids. He was too lost to see her observing him.

Jealousy surged inside Arlet. Only if she could snap his head like he wanted to do hers, she would have done it. Rolling her eyes, she glanced at someone who was profusely smiling at her. He nodded in assurance and Arlet's anger dampened a bit.

The flag was waved along with a gunshot and both of the armours yanked the bridles, charging toward each other at full speed. They both set their lances at each other and just as they collided, the knight wearing a golden armour suit fell off his horse.

Renai gaped at him with wide eyes as the servants took off his helmet. Her tiny hands came on her mouth when she saw blood seeping out of his wounds. This game was so dangerous.

Whereas, Zebian had lost his interest in the game itself. He was only watching her make cute faces. His mouth escaped a chuckle when she clasped her hands on her mouth. Meriall didn't fail to notice and smiled silently.

The winning knight was Kolton. People cheered for him but Renai had never seen him before. So, she didn't clap much.

The next, Kolton had challenged Lucian.

It was an interesting challenge and the king encouraged it. Lucian had taken it. He decked out the suit and climbed on his horse. Taking the lance, he waited for the gunshot.

And just as the flag was waved, he yanked the bridle and shoved the lances once they reached closer, defeating Kolton.

Kolton was on the ground against the joust. Lucian took off his helmet and winked at him.

"Now, who else would you like to challenge?" Asked the host.

Lucian glanced at Renai and then, at the king. Zebian's eyes darkened as he understood the meaning. "I would dare to challenge your majesty," Lucian raised his lance. The crowd seconded his stance with an energetic howl.

"Oh dear," Meriall mumbled under her breath the second Zebian raised from his throne and stepped down the stage. All the ambassadors, ministers and noblemen rose to their feet in respect.

The king was getting ready for the round. His servants clipped out his cape and decked out the suit. Renai looked at him with an unwavering breath. His horse was being fetched by a guard. The moment her eyes landed on that horse, she forgot to breathe.

It was Pegasus. Their horse.

Suddenly, all the memories with it flashed back. Tears welled up in her eyes as she reminisced sweet memories with this white animal.

Zebian climbed on it and patted near its ear before glancing at Renai who was smiling at the horse. A faint smile crept on his lips but he masked it away by wearing the platinum helmet. His servant handed him the lance. Securing it firmly, he took the horse to the stage.

"My queen," Zebian called her out as he presented his lance. She stood from her seat and tied her handkerchief for good luck.

"My blessings are with you," Meriall proposed. Zebian put a hand on his heart and bowed elegantly. With that, he retreated to his side.

Just as he felt the round was going to start, Lucian took his horse to stroll. Zebian's brow creased as he watched a smile on his face. He was approaching the other stage, finally stopping before his mistress. His rose. His temper did a u-turn.

"My lady," Lucian presented his lance. Renai was rooted to her spot. He blinked at the lance. Evelyn came out of nowhere and handed her a hairband.

"Take this and tie it, my lady," Evelyn whispered in her ear.

It took Renai a second to muster up her courage, she stood up with quivering legs and stepped closer. She tied the band and nodded her head once done. Lucian smiled before glancing at Evelyn and put a hand on his heart in regards. She noticed how he was imitating the king's action.

King?

She glanced up to reckon the king's reaction, but to her hard luck, it was difficult to notice what he was feeling due to his heavy uniform. That helmet was concealing his expressions for good otherwise she would have wanted to flee from the crime scene. Nothing was keeping the man easy. He was exploding in jealousy. If only he could break that lance along with his ribs, he would then feel relieved. How dare he go to her? How dare he ask her to bless him? Zebian knew he did it to provoke him and it would be a lie to say that he wasn't provoked. He was insanely inflamed in the fire their brief interaction had enkindled.

And that fire would only subside only when he would defeat him.

Zebian locked the lance and glared at him. He was seeing red from the moment her fingers knotted the cloth. He glared at the cloth and growled under his breath. This had to be taken down.

The gunshot fired.

"YAA!" He yanked the bridles and tightened his hold around the lance. He aimed it at his chest and shoved it hard. Before Lucian could retaliate, he was thrown off the horse.

Renai gasped as she saw Lucian's lance splitting into four pieces. Zebian controlled the horse and turned around. He glanced at Lucian who was lying on the ground like the dead. Evelyn stood up, a gasp leaving her mouth, tears welling in her eyes, she was holding Xenia. Renai glanced at her.

After a few seconds when he didn't make any movement, two servants sprinted toward him and peeled off the suit. Everyone gasped when they saw him blacked out. His eyes were shut and he was drowned in his blood.

"Oh my God," Evelyn put a hand on her mouth and wept. Renai stood up and rubbed her back, slightly confused.

"Take him to the medical wing," Zebian commanded as he removed his helmet. His eyes hurriedly darted at his rose. There was a triumphant glint lingering on his features. She couldn't help but feel a chill coursing down her spine. He injured him because she tied that cloth.

"I need to leave, my lady. My husband needs me," Evelyn caught her attention. It took her a second to make sense of her sentence.

"Your husband?" Renai asked, baffled.

Evelyn nodded. "He is my husband," she revealed.

Now, Renai felt another layer of shame washing down her. "Y...you may leave," she permitted without looking her in the eye. Her mere action had cost her husband these wounds.

Suddenly, before anything else happened. A commotion began to occur at Renai's right. There were a few women's voices screeching. Renai glanced in that direction and found Princess Arlet passed out. The man who had a round with Lord Lucian climbed the stairs. He had gauze covered around his forehead. He picked her up and took her somewhere.

Everything had become so erratic that the queen had to call off the event.

********

It had been six hours since the event and the horrors of his madness were still afresh in their sensations. She still couldn't believe he deliberately injured his sword of honour. Her heart was swollen in guilt. She tried many things to calm her nerves but nothing as such was helping her. Many times she thought of visiting the medical wing but her guilt would jam her steps. Feelimf enough helpless, she decided to take a bath. Only that could give her some peace on this cold and unforgiving night.

She opened the door and strode to the bath hall. Just as she was crossing the dressing hall, she heard a few faint voices of her chambermaids. Her brows quirked. She thought they had retired to their quarters. As she was about to enter the hall, she heard one say.

"No, it's true. Princess Arlet is pregnant. The king confirmed the news and he shall announce it soon," And as if it was enough to stab her chest, she let out a stifled breath and stumbled on her feet.

"But how can this happen? The king never visited her," The other commented.

"It is what you think and I think but we never know the truth," Someone else replied.

"My brother told me the king had made clear about producing an heir two weeks ago in the courtroom. Azura's king had imposed a condition in order to hand them their troops and territory. So, it was bound to happen. The king is the father," It was Cora's voice, bleeding Renai to death. She didn't realise she was weeping.

Renai was walking away when she last heard. "Do not let this cross lady Renai's ears," yet none of them knew she heard it all.

She shut the door behind her and put a hand on her mouth. Their words were lacerating her sanity. One moment, he was running to kill her and the second, he was sharing his first heir. Why did it hurt so bad? She was his concubine, she was his wedded wife, then why was she expecting him to leave her and turn back to her?

Was it also some kind of punishment he was giving her?

She wiped her tears and walked closer to the pond that was bubbling with warm water. With a fuzzy mind, she shed her clothes and stepped inside. The water did bring some solace but it hardly outran the heartaches. She felt deeply played and wounded.

She closed her eyes and held her breath before taking her face below the water. She had a drowning phobia but after having so many horrors in life, her heart refused to fear water. Reluctantly, she opened her eyes and tried to hear the calm through the turbulences of her mind. She wanted to quieten down the all noises and let poise wash her away. She forced to fill the calmness of water inside her chest but before life could give up on her, she moved above the surface and inhaled a bulk of air.

It was too early to die.

Renai levelled her breaths with closed eyes. As she opened them, she felt warm tears streaming down. She wanted to sob louder and as she was about to unleash her sorrows. A pair of strong arms wounded around her waist and pulled her closer.

Her breath hitched when her back met with a muscular front. It was him.

She let out a shaky breath. He gathered her hair and pulled it to the other side while guiding his lips to her the crook of her neck. He started peppering light kisses down her neck and drank the droplets on her shoulder. Renai squeezed her eyes as she felt humiliated. She wanted to stop him but couldn't bring herself to.

Another tear fell as she asked herself if she was only his whore.

Because that's what it seemed like.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

6.8K 743 62
(Warning 18+) Orchid Evergarden has moved with her father and her long-time boyfriend, Damien Stone to a small town after the tragic loss of her moth...
60.4K 3.8K 41
Jamie Anderson has just settled back into her hometown of McKenzie, Michigan. She's moved into her new home, and has finally fulfilled her life long...
35.9K 1.3K 46
His eyes shone the deepest shade of red. Black vein could be seen appearing on his neck. Everyone in the room felt the anger emitting from him. Someo...
405K 16.3K 50
In this World, Kings are the rulers. Alongside them are their Queens, but most prefer their mistresses. Queens tolerate these women for they are Witc...