PARADOX

By Goodreadsbygab

At 17 years old Amina faced a tragedy that changed the outlook of her life forever, or maybe so what she thou... More

 Prologue
PDX1
PDX2
PDX3
PDX4
PDX5
PDX6
PDX7
PDX8
PDX9
PDX10
PDX11
PDX12
PDX13
PDX14
PDX15
PDX16
PDX17
PDX18
PDX19
PDX20
PDX21
PDX22
PDX23
PDX24
PDX25
PDX26
PDX27
PDX28
PDX29
PDX30
PDX31
PDX32
PDX33
PDX34
PDX35
PDX36
PDX37
PDX38
PDX39
PDX40
PDX41
PDX43
PDX44
PDX45
PDX46
PDX47
PDX48
PDX49
PDX50
PDX51
PDX52
PDX53

PDX42

7K 510 160
By Goodreadsbygab

February 23rd 2023
Dallas, Texas
8:15 pm

Rashad took a hit from his blunt before pulling it away from his mouth and eyeing it. Perfectly pearled and fat, just how he liked it. He grabbed his phone and switched to the next song. Diced pineapples by Rick Ross came through the speaker of his car, causing him to slowly bob his head and a smile to paint his face. That era of music reminded him of when he was in high school.

He was supposed to head into Blue's about an hour ago, but it was something about sitting in the car for hours that had a chokehold on him. Now that he was accompanied by a blunt, there wasn't no telling if he'd actually make it in now.

Something loud sounded over his music, causing him to look up. A loud ass engine that belonged to a dodge charger caught Rashad's attention. He grabbed the lighter and held it to the blunt as he watched the car door open. Samir hopped out of the vehicle looking like he just came from a lil baby music video shoot. Before now, he didn't have a car, so Rashad knew that the Charger was new.

Rashad shook his head as he brought the blunt up to his lips. It was very on brand for a nigga that just started getting money to go that route. After the way Samir damn near jumped out of his body when Rashad told him they had to scale back for a few let him know that Samir wasn't saving, just spending. Not only was the car a poor financial decision, but it was also a major magnet for the police. Samir was moving with crazy amounts of work on him throughout the week, so the police were the last people he needed to come in contact with.

Rashad knew first hand that you could bring a horse to the water, but you couldn't make them drink. He tried to drop dimes on all the young niggas around him, but money was the root of all evil. Especially when you went from barely having it, to getting it in large quantities.

Suddenly, Rashad's music stopped and his phone began to ring. He looked at the monitor to see Amina's contact name as well as a picture that he took of her, the very first picture he took of her when they went to the art museum matter of fact. A smile dressed his umber face as he answered the FaceTime call. "Wassup mama." He greeted as he watched Amina prop her phone up.

"Hey." She smiled as she used her spatula to stir something in the skillet that was on the stove, "What you making?" Rashad questioned as he slightly left the camera to take a hit from the backwood.

"Breakfast." Amina lightly chuckled, "I been wanting it...and I can't wait till the morning." She added.

"What all you making?" Rashad questioned, he watched as Amina grabbed some shredded cheese and sprinkled a bit on her eggs. "Some bacon, eggs, and some breakfast potatoes." Amina answered.

Rashad slowly nodded his head, "Breakfast definitely be hitting at night...cereal too." He spoke before quickly taking another hit. He watched as Amina stepped away from the camera to grab a plate from the cabinet. Amina was dressed in a long gray Skims dress that hugged her body in all the right places, Rashad watched as her ass moved freely, causing a smirk to sneak upon his face. "My sex so great, she gaining weight." Rashad rapped the Gucci Mane lyric once he realized Amina's ass was getting even fatter.

Amina turned back to the camera with her eyebrows furrowed, "What the fuck do that mean?" She questioned, Amina began to eye herself in the camera, turning from side to side. "I'm sayin mama—"

"Sayin what? That I'm big as fuck?" Amina sassily questioned as she scooped breakfast potatoes onto her ceramic plate. "Yo—what?" Rashad began to chuckle.

"Chillout, cause I ain't say none of that. I'm sayin that ya ass getting bigger." He finally clarified. He brought the blunt to his lips once more, he inhaled and let the smoke fill his lungs before exhaling, sending smoke all over the car. "My fault." Amina lowly mumbled.

"I don't accept that bum ass apology." Rashad spoke, "My sentiments might change if you shake a lil ass though." He added, jokingly raising one of his eyebrows. Amina let out a laugh as she turned around, hitting a quick little tip drill before turning back around.

"How much you woulda threw at me if I was a stripper?" Amina questioned, "Shit—a dollar for that lil ass millisecond of dancing you did." Rashad answered, making himself and Amina laugh.

"Well, what about the skill?" Amina questioned as she stuck her glass straw into her cup before taking a sip. "$200...that shit be moving like water." Rashad replied.

"You gon' bring me some of that?" Rashad questioned, once the blunt became a "roach" he was done with it. Smoking a roach was some trench shit and he wasn't with it. "Some of what?" Amina questioned back as she stabbed a bit of eggs onto her fork before taking a bit.

"You and the food." Rashad replied while toying with his lighter, causing Amina to smirk. "You be looking so cute when you high...just fine and stuck." Amina spoke, Rashad coolly chuckled.

"How you know I'm high?" Rashad questioned, Amina kissed her teeth. "Cause I know you—you think I thought you kept moving out the camera in vein?" She replied. Hearing Amina say that made him smile, lots of people swore up and down that they had Rashad figured out, but didn't. For once in his life, that "I know you." Was actually true.

"Suge." Amina called out before taking a sip of her Martinelli's apple juice. "Yes or no...pick one." She demanded.

"Yes—you know I can't ever tell you no." Rashad replied, making Amina's lips form a smile. Even with her umber complexion, Rashad could tell she was blushing. "What I say yes to Mi?" Rashad queried.

"I been thinking about dying my hair platinum blonde?" Amina announced, "Well, maybe not platinum, but like 613." She added.

"You wanna be me so bad son, shit don't make no sense." Rashad spoke as he jokingly shook his head, causing Amina to laugh. "Pleaseeee, if anything, you wanted to be like me with yo lil 613 ombre!" She playfully argued.  The duo continued their banter, aiding in Rashad's procrastination. After open time neared closer and closer, Rashad headed into the building with Amina still on the phone, of course.

February 24th 2023
Dallas, Texas
1:01 pm

Amina smiled as she looked at her fully booked schedule, the feeling was one she'd never get used to, nor would she ever take it for granted. She remembered the days where her schedule would be empty for weeks, leaving her only to do her own hair for practice. Amina was determined though, she dropped outta college to pursue hair, so she had no other option than to be great. She'd change her hair everyday and just randomly go to beauty supply stores, nail shops, and even clubs to promote herself. Any new hair trend that came out, she was on it. Evolving and perfecting her craft daily.

Amina noticed her work phone flashing from beside her, she grabbed the phone to see a plethora of Style Seat messages.

Brooke Coussin
Hey! I booked you for my wedding, you did my hair a few months ago and I knew then that you'd be perfect.

I'm so excited!!

Sorry to bother you, lol. But is there anyway I can come for a consultation before my actual appointment?

Congratulations! And thank you for choosing me for such an amazing moment. Yes, you can come in tomorrow at 8am if possible.

Amina smiled as she tapped the send button and sat her business phone down, trading it for her iPad. "What you in here cheesing for?" Rashad questioned as he walked into his bedroom.

"I can't smile?" Amina teased as she watched him approach the bed. "I love it when you do." Rashad replied while pulling her to the edge of the bed. Amina held a smirk on her face as she lifted her leg and slowly rubbed her foot down Rashad's chest and stomach. Rashad grabbed her other foot and kissed the sole before he began to gently massage it. Amina rubbed her foot against his dick print, causing them both to chuckle.

Rashad parted Amina's legs before pressing his body against hers, the two stared at each other with small grins on their faces and love in their eyes. "I will never find another lover sweeter than you, sweeter than you. And I will never find another lover, more precious than you." Rashad monotonously sang, not taking his eyes off of Amina.

"Awww." Amina cooed as she lightly chuckled, she squeezed both sides of his face with her hand and pulled him in for a kiss. "My Suge singing to me." She smiled, brushing her thumb over one of his face tattoos. Above his right eyebrow was the word blessed in cursive, along with many other small miscellaneous tattoos.

"Did you handle that thing?" Amina questioned. She figured since they hadn't spoken about it, then maybe it was handled. She just couldn't help but to ask. "It's handled." Rashad spoke before moving in and kissing Amina's soft lips. He slowly worked his way down to her neck, then momentarily moving to her perky breasts. Amina tucked her bottom lip into her mouth as she watched Rashad swirl his tongue around her nipple, while kissing one, he used his free hand to toy with the other. Amina licked her lips as she let out a dulcet moan. She softly sat her hand at the back of Rashad's neck, continuing to watch him. Her womanhood leaked from the stimulation.

"Come here." He instructed as he laid down and guided Amina to his face. His tongue cascaded against her clit, causing her body to shudder. Rashad faintly traveled his hands up and down the sides of Amina's body and her hips. "Ohhh fuck." Amina moaned as her stomach caved in from the pleasure. His tongue didn't move too fast, or too slow—it was perfect. He focused on her clit to ensure maximum pleasure, sending her into delirium.

"Rashadddd." Amina called out as she threw her head back, she slowly rode his face as she felt herself reaching her climax. Amina breathlessly leaned over as she attempted to catch her breath and get herself together. Soon, she hopped off Rashad's face and put herself on all 4s, tooting her ass up in the air. Rashad rubbed himself on Amina's slit before sliding in, causing them both to moan out.

Amina looked back at Rashad with a pouty look on her face as he held her waist while pounding in and out of her. "That ass jumping back at me." He lowly spoke before slapping her ass. He leaned over and kissed down her spine, sending a chill through her body, causing her to moan out. Rashad freed his grip from her waist, allowing her to throw it back.

"Mhm." Rashad moaned before smacking her ass, "Just like that mama." He assured. Amina moaned uncontrollably as she bounced on and off of Rashad's dick, pleasing both of them. Her walls gripped him tightly as the bliss collided with pain. He had enough girth and length to make Amina believe she felt it in her stomach. She gripped the sheets as tears of satisfaction fell from her eyes.

Once Rashad's strokes slowed down, and she felt a throbbing sensation, she knew he was reaching his height of pleasure. Rashad grunted as he got in his last few strokes. "You tired?" Rashad questioned to Amina, who's eyes were fluttering as she laid there, barely conscious, causing Rashad to chuckle.

"You tired mama?" Rashad questioned again, kissing her neck. Ultimately sparking something in her. She gained her energy before getting up, "Uh uh." She replied, "Come on."

February 25th 2023
Dallas, Texas
7:25 am

Amina grabbed her fresh squeezed juice and took a sip before grabbing her phone. Although it was 7am, Chalyn was up and texting her friend, which was the norm for them. These days, Amina was starting to wonder if her friend ever slept. Chalyn would be sending her tiktoks, Instagram posts, and stories at 5am not caring if Amina was sleep or not, her saying was "You'll see it eventually."

"Mina." Ro's voice sounded as he used his used the knuckle on his pointer finger to hit against the door as he let himself in. "You here early." Amina voiced once she laid eyes on him.

"I could say the same about you—what you doing up here?" Ro questioned as he sat in the suede chair that was in front of Amina. "I got a consultation coming, one of my clients getting married and booked me to do her hair." Amina explained.

"Married? Oh yeah, I'm finna stay in here. She might need a photographer." Ro replied, causing Amina to lightly chuckle.

"You do a lot of weddings?" Amina curiously questioned as she finished off her juice, she got up and headed over to the trash can to discard of the plastic cup. "Only two so far—shit be a lil irritating." Ro spoke, Amina furrowed her eyebrows together before letting out a brief cackle.

"How?" She queried. She glanced over at him and noticed instead of his low ponytail, he was wearing his over shoulder length hair in a high ponytail. "Imagine you doing somebody hair and they grab yo hot comb and try to do it they self and think the shit gon' be better." Ro explained as he shook his head.

"You must be talking about how everybody try to record on their phone the whole time." Amina spoke, Ro nodded his head. "They be sitting there with them weak ass iPhones like I'm not walking around with this professional ass camera." He added, full of annoyance, which was a bit comical to Amina.

"When I get married, I wanna have disposable cameras or Polaroids on every table." Amina ruminated with a smile on her face. "No professional photographer?" Ro asked.

"Yeah—I don't even know why I'm sitting here planning shit. I don't have no family to come to my wedding." Amina chuckled, lightly shaking her head.

"So, only people that matter anyway is the bride and the groom—it's better and cheaper not having to feed all them people anyway." Ro replied, Amina laughed.

"GoodMorning." A voice came from the doorway, causing Amina to look. There stood her client with a warm smile on her face. "GoodMorning." Amina replied in a sing song voice.

"Am I interrupting something?" She questioned, "I know I'm early—but I was so eager." She chuckled, causing Amina to do the same.

"No, it's fine. This is my friend Pharaoh, he's a photographer." Amina spoke, plugging him in. "Hello." Brooke sent him a slight wave.

"I wish I knew earlier—I had hell finding a photographer that could accommodate my needs." Brooke spoke as she walked over to Amina's chair. Ro silently kissed his teeth before he stood up, causing Amina to chuckle.

"I'm gone MiMi—I'll see you later." He spoke, Amina nodded her head as she waved goodbye.

"So, I have somewhat of an idea. I just can't choose if I want my hair up or down." Brooke announced. "Do you mind if I see your dress?" Amina questioned as she leaned against her station. Brooke opened her Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene tote and pulled out her iPad, she tapped and scrolled for a moment before getting to her photo gallery. Soon, she handed the iPad off to Amina, showcasing a photo of her in her dress.

"And how is your makeup gonna be?" Amina raised her eyebrow, "Soft glam, red lip." Brooke proudly answered.

"Well, the dress is beautiful—and I feel like having your hair down would clash the attention that should be going to the dress." Amina spoke, Brooke nodded her head. "Up do for the win." Brooke spoke, Amina turned Brooke toward the mirror and began to toy with her natural tresses.

"I'll add in a few tape ins for some thickness." Amina explained, "But essentially, it'll look something like this." She added.

"That's perfect." Brooke smiled, causing Amina to do the same.

February 25th 2023
Dallas, Texas
2:50 pm

Amina and Chalyn walked side by side, slightly shivering from the cold breeze that hit their bodies with every step. Soon, Amina's hand came in contact with the handle of the door, she swung it open and insisted that Chalyn went in before her and she followed. Both girls grabbed small red shopping baskets as they entered target. 

"You want Starbucks?" Amina questioned as she stopped in her tracks. The aroma of coffee was tugging her in that direction, oddly enough, the Starbucks wasn't as busy as it normally is. "Yeah—what you getting? I'm a lil tired of matcha." Chalyn replied.

Amina half shrugged, "Probably a peach green tea." She answered as they grabbed a spot in line. "Oh, the drinks gon' be good as hell today." Chalyn spoke, slightly nodding her head.

"Why you say that?" Amina questioned, she remembered she had a gift card and began to dig through her purse for it. "Look at the barista—he look like Tyler the creator." Chalyn answered, Amina looked up taking a quick glimpse at the barista. Funny enough, he absolutely did, causing Amina to snicker.

"He got the converse on and everything...shit definitely finna be good." Amina chimed in. The young lady in front of them stepped away, and the duo stepped up. The cashier held a warm smile on her face as she greeted them.

"Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get started for you two today?" She questioned, "Hi, can I get an iced green tea, with peach, please?" Amina recited her order.

"I'll have the same—and can I get a cheese danish as well, please?" Chalyn spoke as she reached into her Hermes Kelly crossbody, "I got it." Amina spoke, handing the cashier the gift card.

"Well, thank you dumpling." Chalyn replied in a southern tone, causing both ladies to chuckle. They stepped to the side and waited for their names to be called once their drinks were finished being made. Amina's eyes wondered around the small area, she thought about buying a Starbucks cup, but realized she hated lugging around with big ass cups that she couldn't throw away. Amina looked up and away from the cups and caught eyes with a familiar face.

Cass snarled as she further walked in the establishment, Amina eyed her back with a look of confidence on her face. "Amina and Chalyn!" The barista called out. Amina took her eyes off of Cass and walked over to grab her drink.

"Bitches needa stop staring, if they ain't trynna get active." Amina proudly spoke as she walked pass Cass, she stopped and watched at Cass walked up to the counter and proceeded to order her drink. "That's what the fuck I thought." She added. Amina wasn't for all the staring and shit every time they crossed paths, neither was she gonna keep doing it. Cass' anger being rooted in Rashad was weird to her. The dick was good, but damn—relax.

"Ain't that's the girl that be at Blue's?" Chalyn questioned before taking a sip of her drink, Amina nodded her head yes. "I guess she used to fuck Rashad cause now every time that hoe see me she be dry staring at me."

Amina didn't have much knowledge on the situation between Cass and Rashad, it was never her concern since she never imagined since she would be in so deep with Rashad. "Like damn—that ho must wanna get fucked again or something, she trynna take that shit out on me." Amina added, making herself lightly chuckle.

"Animosity bout niggas is so crazy to me—they just niggas, and it's plenty more." Chalyn spoke as she reached her hand out to grab a tree hut body scrub. She twisted the top off before bringing the product close to her nose to take a whiff. She nodded her head in approval as she sat the product in her basket. "I kinda understand, only if it's your nigga though." Amina replied.

"I don't give a damn if my nigga was kissing you on the playground in 4th grade—we'll never be cool." Amina joked, causing both of them to laugh. The girls covered the whole store before heading to self checkout. Amina scanned and bagged her things, she had about two bags of shit she didn't need, but was super happy to have. The girls walked out of the store and made their way in direction of Amina's car.

"Ou!" Chalyn sounded, causing Amina to look over at her. "Look at that Bentley." She spoke as she began to dig in her purse, momentarily she pulled out a pink pen and a small white piece of paper. She used the back of her phone to press against as she wrote what Amina assumed was her number.

"Girl—you don't even know what this man look like—you don't even know if it's a man." Amina spoke as she adjusted her bags in her hand. "Well, I guess we'll find out." Chalyn replied, sticking the small piece of paper in the door handle of the candy red luxury vehicle.

"A man definitely owns this car—look at the black ice air freshener." Chalyn pointed out, "I get those too." Amina combated.

"And who put you on? A man." Chalyn replied as she began to walk toward Amina's Audi. Oddly, Amina felt like whoever owned that car was the epitome of Chalyn's type. Old and rich. Which made Amina excited to see how this was gonna play out.

"You never told me what happened when you met Rashad's mom." Chalyn announced as she fastened her seatbelt, causing Amina to internally sigh. She realized she never brought it up, because she was trying to forget about it. Although she initially didn't show any emotion when it happened, she honestly felt some type of way. In a perfect world, Amina imagined marrying into a family where her partner's family loved her. She knew if Rashad's mother didn't like her, essentially, there would never 100% be peace.

"She was so dismissive of my presence from the start, but I'm chillin cause I'm in her shit. Somebody knock on the door—why it's his ex, this old messy ho called his ex over there like it was funny or something." Amina explained, getting irritated all over again.

"Brought the ex?!" Chalyn exclaimed, Amina nodded her head yes. "And what did you do? Did you stay?" Chalyn asked all at once.

"Hell no, I told them it was nice meeting them and I walked my ass right out that house." Amina explained, she used her free hand to finish off her drink before sitting it back in the cup holder. "I'm not too fucked up about it cause he's not really a mama's boy." Amina added, slightly shrugging her shoulders. Once the statement came out of her mouth, she started second guessing if she really wasn't as unphased as she claimed she was.

February 29th 2023
Dallas, Texas
10:17 am

Amina sat the black journal on her island, before pulling out the barstool and taking a seat. She let out a sigh as she watched the journal, conflicted on whether she was ready to feel the emotions that came with reading another one of her mother's entries. She figured it was too late for that when she felt the feeling of a single tear cascading from eye and down to her cheek.

After a wave of courage hit her body, she flipped the journal open to a random page, deciding that the page she needed to see most at the moment would find her.

Adaya Rose
10/15/06

Sitting here watch some show called Hannah Montana with my baby, realized what a perfect time to journal since I'm not really fuckin w the show.

I'm looking forward to the holidays. My diagnosis is teaching me that life is short—cherish it or it'll slip from right up under you. I regret not going all out for holidays because it's just me and Mimi, but that definitely changes now.

Sometimes I fall into depression so bad that I can barely get up to wash my damn face, but I'm vowing to work over and extra to go all out for my baby's Christmas.

Life being so short is making me regret settling for so much in my life. I figure it's easier to say now that I've learned but damn...settling for anything will really fuck you up in life. One of the biggest things I settled for is my bd!! Ugh :/

Only good that came out of that is Amina Sade, my sweet baby who I'm teaching to never settle for SHIT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 108 21
A 17 year old girl lives the life of an adult when she finds out that 2 of her favorite tv shows where created just to explain her life.
4.6K 141 26
The world is a cycle ... Zoey thought she had finally found it she was away from all her worries but boy was she wrong, you can only run so far until...
161 60 31
One dream will change her life forever. Cassidy Williams, she is a 17 year old girl trying to get through high school raising her sister. But all tha...
3.5K 121 13
The girl with the red hair. She was born with brown but when a pendant possessed with healing powers was placed on her neck at birth her hair changed...