In A Rush | Mary Jane Watson...

By PhantomRS

Y/N L/N, the fastest runner of his school, has a lot of friends, a beautiful girlfriend and a supportive fami... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
The End

Chapter 5

266 73 10
By PhantomRS

"Oh shit! My boy is catching up!"

Reggie shouted with a smile, looking over his shoulder.

We ran for a few minutes already and we're now just making circles around the city.

I tried to say something cocky, but I saw that he was running straight at a girl that was standing on the edge of the road.

Y/N: Reggie, watch out!

I yelled as an attempt to warn him, but it was too late.

He ran straight through the girl, she literally exploded into many red flesh pieces on impact with Reggie.

Reggie stopped and looked at the ground that was full of her blood.

I also stopped, like one meter behind him and took a look at the bloody ground.

My eyes then looked up at the guy who was standing in complete shock and disbelief.

Can't blame him for that, I would've been shocked too if a person would explode before me out of nowhere.

He was covered in her blood and slowly looked up to us.

His face turned from disbelief to anger and hatred.

???: What the fuck did you do?!

He yelled at us with teary eyes.

Reggie: We...we can't stop, let's go man.

He explained as he ran off and went right behind him.

Y/N: What the hell was that Reggie?

I asked him as I came closer to him.

Reggie: It was an accident man, they happen.

He answered, his eyes focused on the road this time.

Y/N: Today is just one huge pile of shit, isn't it?

Reggie: It's alright, just think about you winning the run.

Y/N: And then killing a guy and watching you kill two after that. And as a grand finale, watching you run through a girl, and not in the good sense.

Reggie: Yeah, it has been quite a while since I did that. In a good sense I mean.

Y/N: As far as I know the Seven have some not too bad looking girl members, right?

Reggie: Yeah, but they're taken and besides that, I wouldn't want a Supe as a girlfriend anyways.

Y/N: Why's that? Scared of competition?

Reggie: I just wouldn't wanna deal with their shit. Supes are annoying as fuck.

Y/N: Yeah, you are indeed.

He raised his brow.

Reggie: You? You're talking as if you're not one of us.

Y/N: Not officially.

Reggie: Official or not, you take a lot of Compound, you're one of us.

Y/N: Really want to have me on your team, huh?

Reggie: You already are, just not officially.

Y/N: Since I'm a Supe, what are my chances of joining the Seven?

Reggie: Let's not jump that far, okay?

Y/N: Why not? I think I'd make a fine addition to your team, don't you think?

Reggie: Maybe you would, but we're called the Seven, not the Eight. We have that name for a reason.

Y/N: So, you're not taking in anyone else then?

Reggie: Nope, not for now at least. You can use that time to get better. Or in your case, faster.

Y/N: I will. Do you think there's a chance your boss will decide to expand the team?

Reggie: I don't know, but we might need a replacement if one of us dies.

Y/N: That won't happen easily now, will it?

Reggie: Nah, it won't. Besides that, I don't think we need a second Speedster. Don't take this the wrong way, but your chances of getting into the team are pretty low for the moment.

Y/N: That's okay. I guess I'll keep running tracks for that time then.

Reggie: You wanna stay in school forever?

Y/N: Nah, once I'm out of school, maybe I'll become a professional runner or some shit like that.

Reggie: What about drug tests? I don't think they'll go lightly on you man. Remember, nobody can find out about our little secret.

Y/N: They won't, I'm a master in dodging tests.

Reggie: It won't be as easy as it is at the school. It's not like you can just not take Compound the day before the test and that's it.

Y/N: Is it not?

Reggie: That's how you do it at school. There, you'll have to undergo multiple tests on different days.

Y/N: I just won't take Compound the day before the test, I'll keep doing that before every test and that's it.

Reggie: You'll be super addicted to it. Especially after you'll go to the next stage.

Y/N: What exactly is "super addicted"?

Reggie: Once a day.

Y/N: Once a day?!

I asked in disbelief, raising my voice a little.

Reggie: Yeah, sucks doesn't it?

Y/N: Do you do them once a day too?

Reggie: Obviously, how would I know otherwise?

Y/N: Can't you just pull through one day?

Reggie: Nah, withdrawals get way too painful, ain't no way I can pull through that.

Y/N: Now I'm not so sure if I want to get on the next stage. I mean, I take them like, I don't know, two to three times a week and I'm struggling with withdrawals.

Reggie: Taking them every day would remove the withdrawals.

Y/N: That would mean I'll have to go on pretty damn long runs every day and I don't think I'll have the time for that.

Reggie: People like you should be running a lot, just to practice for your competitions. Compound V takes that pressure off of you, and you're still not happy? C'mon man, now you're just bitching for no reason.

Y/N: Compound helps me with my competition runs, yes. But they also take away a good chunk of my health and I'll have to take them forever. There's no way back, you know what happens when I stop taking them.

This pulled me into deep thoughts again and it took a while until I spoke up again.

Y/N: I should've never started using that crap anyways.

Reggie: And stay a loser forever? Compound V gave your life a new meaning.

Y/N: It did, but not in a good way. Look at me now, this is a curse, not a blessing.

Reggie: I am looking at you. All the time actually. And I see a popular guy at school that keeps winning one run after another.

Y/N: It was pretty cool at first, I'm not gonna lie, but now, I regret starting this all. If I could rewind time and undo all of this, I would.

Reggie: You'd rather stay as an unwanted loser? Weird thought process you got there man.

Y/N: I'd be a loser, yeah, but at least I'd be a healthy one.

Reggie: You are healthy. Just don't forget to take Compound and you'll be fine.

Y/N: Of course, just take more drugs and you'll be fine. Is that what you're saying?

Reggie: You know damn well what I was saying.

Someone ran past us with unimaginable speed.

We weren't even able to see him, just a silhouette with lightning surrounding it.

Reggie: Fuck!

Reggie stopped running and I did too.

He turned to me with wide eyes.

Reggie: You saw that shit, right?

Y/N: Of course I did.

Reggie: That's him. It's the fucking Flash.

He revealed, with fear in his voice.

Reggie: Shit man...

He scratched the back of his head.

Reggie: He's faster than I thought. Way faster.

Y/N: Will the next stage of Compound be enough to catch up to him?

Reggie: I thought that it would, but now? Now I'm not so sure anymore man.

Y/N: Come on, there has to be someone as fast as him, right?

Reggie: I hope there is. Maybe Homelander, he's really fast.

Y/N: You wanna call him over?

Reggie: No, we won't fight Flash, not now. We're not ready for that. And it looks like we won't be, even after a few weeks. Hell, we'll probably need months to get near his level.

Y/N: Okay, so what now?

Reggie: Go back home and do your stuff. Our run is over.

Y/N: I will, what are you going to do?

Reggie: Inform the Seven about him.

Y/N: Alright then, we'll see each other soon, right?

Reggie: You bet we will.

We bro-fisted each other and ran off in different directions.

When I arrived back at home, my mom and my brother were back, which means there is a chance of me getting annoyed by them once I enter.

But I didn't let that stop me and went inside.

Luckily, they were in the kitchen, which was placed far away from the entry door, so they didn't even hear me coming in and going up the stairs to the bathroom.

I locked the bathroom's door and hopped into the shower.

I thought about today as the warm water ran down my body.

What a fucked up day...

Ten minutes later I stepped out and used a towel to get dry, halfway dry at least, before using it to cover the most important part of my body and going over to my room to change.

I opened the door and saw Tyler sitting at the window, smoking a cigarette.

His sudden appearance made me jump slightly.

Y/N: Fuck me man, what are you doing here?

I asked as I closed my room's door.

Tyler: Just paying my friend a visit.

Y/N: How did you get in?

He shrugged with a grin.

Tyler: Why does it matter?

Y/N: And why are you smoking inside my damn room?

He opened the window behind him and turned back to me.

Tyler: Don't worry, the smell will be gone soon.

He reassured me as he kept smoking.

Y/N: You can't just sneak your way into my room and scare the shit out of me.

Tyler: That's not the problem here, is it?

Y/N: Yes, it is.

Tyler: Come on, you can't lie to me.

I tilted my head, not knowing what he was trying to tell me.

Tyler: You guys killed quite some people today, didn't you?

Y/N: What?

Tyler: The three guys in the field and an innocent girl? That's a new record.

He said, letting out a laugh after he was done.

Y/N: How do you know about that?

Tyler: How do I know about you taking Compound V?

Y/N: I told you.

I said, not able to remember a hundred percent if I really did or not.

He laughed.

Tyler: Right.

Y/N: Okay...

Tyler: You didn't.

Y/N: Are you fucking with me right now?

Tyler: Nah man, looks like I'm the only one that's trying to help you right now.

Y/N: Reggie is helping me.

Tyler: By giving you even harder drugs soon? You know that's a rabbit hole you don't wanna fall into, right? Well, thinking about it, you are in there already.

He paused and threw his cigarette out of the window.

Tyler: The question is, will you be able to get out there or not?

Y/N: There is no way out. I'll die without that stuff.

Tyler: Says who?

Y/N: Reggie.

Tyler: It can't be the case of him just trying to keep you as his customer right?

Y/N: Why would he do that? We're friends.

I could tell Tyler was trying his best to hold in laughter, but in the end he couldn't.

Y/N: What's so funny?

I asked annoyed, watching him burst out in laughter.

Tyler: Sorry dude, but that's just way too fucking funny man. A customer thinks a dealer is his friend? The only thing missing now is a hot, steamy romance between you two and it's gonna be perfect.

Y/N: How funny.

Tyler: It is, isn't it?

Y/N: Once you're done laughing, could you please fuck off? I need to get some sleep.

Tyler: I will, but can you sleep well knowing there's a Meta Speedster after you guys?

Y/N: Yes, I can! He's not after us and he's not as good as you think he is.

Tyler: Good enough to make Reggie shit his pants.

He countered with a shrug.

Y/N: We can take him down, we just need the new stage of Compound and we'll put him into the ground.

Tyler: Why though? Didn't you just say he's not after you? Why try to hunt him down and kill him?

Y/N: Aren't you fucking smart, huh?

Tyler: Really smart.

Y/N: Didn't you just say he IS after us?

Tyler: Yeah, and then you corrected me. Which means, the Flash is not after you but you guys still wanna kill him? After pumping yourselves up with even more drugs than you do now.

Y/N: Tyler, I'm not in the mood for discussions right now.

Tyler: Understandable. You also weren't in the mood to meet up with MJ like you promised her, right?

Then it hit me like thunder. I completely forgot about our date.

Y/N: Ah fuck man.

Tyler: What excuse will you give her this time? You didn't throw your brother against the wall today, so you didn't have to go to the doc with him.

Y/N: Shit...

Tyler: I mean you could still throw someone against the wall, it's not too late to do that. Although the doc has probably closing time now.

Y/N: Oh fuck you dude, that was a one time accident.

Tyler: Suuuure bro, whatever you say.

Y/N: Man, what is up with you today?

He raised his hands up as a sign for surrender.

Tyler: Nothing, I'm chill.

Y/N: What are you? A goddamn pastor that's reminding me of every little fuck-up I had lately?

Tyler: You had so many fuck-up's, I'm not even sure if a pastor can help you now. Maybe a rehab could, if you would give it a try.

Y/N: Fuck off dude.

I picked up my phone and turned it on, just to see a bunch of missed calls and unread messages from MJ.

Y/N: She's so mad at me.

Tyler: And rightfully so. Respond.

Y/N: To what?

Tyler: Her messages, obviously.

Y/N: Nah, I'll just go to sleep. We'll see each other tomorrow either way.

Tyler: Don't leave her hanging. She's gonna go to bed pissed off and you know that's not good.

Y/N: You know what? That's her fucking problem. Not my fault if she gets pissed off because of little things like that.

I responded as I put the phone aside and stepped over to my closet to change.

Y/N: I have to change.

Tyler: Go ahead.

He answered with a shrug.

Y/N: Not with you staring at me like that.

Tyler: Right.

He turned away to look out of the window and I put some boxers on, before turning back to him.

Y/N: I know I kinda-

He was gone.

Y/N: Huh?

I went over to the window and looked outside.

No sign of him.

Y/N: Another Batman exit, huh? Fine, at least I can get some sleep now.

I mumbled as I closed the window and laid down on my bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 530 21
Surprise Surprise you're the Merc With A Mouth's daughter. A troubled past comes along with it. You go to Midtown High and you're a loner and don't h...
530K 20.1K 44
(adj.) ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ-๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๏ฟฝ...
15.3K 384 20
One shots suggested by followers and readers will be made as long as this story exists. Want something and can't find it no matter how much you searc...
5.9K 198 13
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ miles morales x fem! reader I do not own any of these characters except the original characters I made, and you o...