Rise of the Guardians One-Sho...

By lostgirl2411

I've never been good at bios so all I can say is hello to everyone who has found this book. If you're one of... More

Introduction
Two years
Missing Piece
One Year
A Week
He Snapped
A Terrible Thing
Realizing the Cruel Truth
The Past
Ridley Messed Up
Bunny Almost Kills
Lover
Better For You
Second Chance
Overthinking
The Story
Her Broken Heart
Fatherly Instincts
Birthday?
Ideas
Three of Them
Taking Care of a Baby
I'm Not Sure
Brother
Payback
Don't be Afraid
Into the Storm
Be Brave
Leaving
Accident
Struggling
Questions
He's Mad
The Night
Sleep
Gift
Haunted
I Should Go
Family Talk
Instincts
The Life of...
News
Believers
Wrongly Defensive
Silent Mind
Connecting Dreams
Nowhere yet Everywhere
Ideas pt. 2
I'd Choose You
Is This Love?
Trains
New Guardian
Trust Me Again?
Hello World
Two Ideas
Back from Hiatus.
A Drunk Exchange
1:35 pm
Sick Moments
Shoes
Nightmare Sleep
The First Time He Cried
Back Again
Swapping Places
Nightmare but Make It Awkward
Introducing Them
Sick Author
Sleepwalking
Opposite Lovers
Wildfire
accident
I Was Made For Loving You
Saved Chapters?
Bad Hands
The Other Life
The First Book
Past, Present, and Future
Shifting
Sophie Bennett
Manny's View
A Christmas Letter
Happy New Year
His Believers
Lyric Idea
The Truth
Picnic
Archie's Nightmare
She's Hurt, He's Hurt
The Warriors
Cold and Dark
Valentine's Day
Four Hours
You Love Me?
Lyrics pt.2
Singing & Sick
The Last Chapter.
new story
requests & ideas

Mastermind

189 7 11
By lostgirl2411

I was sent in a request by a Taylor Swift fan (which I am too), she expressed the she believes Emily & Pitch could relate to "Mastermind". I kid you not, I sat there and realized that my background idea for them fits it perfectly. So here is my attempt to make it work.

I won't be putting the whole song, just certain parts. 

*also Speak Now (Taylor's Version) is being released on July 7th. It was announced last night. I went downright batshit. 

-----------------------------------

Once upon a time, the planets and the fates
And all the stars aligned
You and I ended up in the same room
At the same time

"We aren't supposed to be here!" Emily rolled her eyes at Silas' voice. Her friend never liked being a rebel. She looked around the room at the fine dressed people. He was right, they weren't supposed to be here. They didn't belong here. The dress she was wearing was stolen. 

She was only the town nurse. She had stolen the dress from the High Lady she cared for weeks ago when the woman had the cold. It was rare a small town nurse like her got called to care for such a prominent figure in their society. She took it as fate. 

They had snuck into the ball of the lords. It was to celebrate before the Golden War, a send off party for the Warriors that would travel to the plant that held the Pookas. She wanted to see just who was being shipped off. 

"We'll leave just as soon they announce who all is leaving, quit being a whiny baby." She watched him roll his eyes before he stormed off, his waiter suit tails moving behind him. She watched the dancing start as the men and women spun around. One day, she'd spin around with someone. She'd find the one to take her hand and dance with her-

Her eyes met the sight of a man standing on the other side of the room. He stood taller than the others around him, his face completely blank of any emotions. Emily was not afraid to admit that she looked him up and down. She was no better than a man. 

His skin was the right amount of tan, his eyes a beautiful honey color, and his hair looked so soft. She stood in a room she didn't belong in, taking in the sight of the most beautiful man she'd ever seen. 

And she wanted him. 

And the touch of a hand lit the fuse
Of a chain reaction of countermoves
To assess the equation of you
Checkmate, I couldn't lose

"They are partying to cart us off to war. It's ridiculous is what it is." Pitch imagined taking the glass he had in hand and breaking it against the man's head who had not stopped complaining all night. He had not shut up. He was here to go to war just like the rest of them but was complaining that he was here. Did his mother send him or something?

He leaned against the pillar of the mansion they were in. Pitch watched as the couples danced around in happiness as if there wasn't a planet being destroyed right now, full of happy people. He knew his sympathy towards the Pookan race was not shared. He knew that some of these men were signing up to fight but to also stare at the Pookas like a circus act. 

Pitch went to reach for another glass on the waiter's plate walking by but was run into by a smaller figure. 

"Oh my, I-I am so sorry." He looked to met a pair of bright brown eyes. He found that he couldn't look away once they met his. The girl was dressed in a black dress that matched her body perfectly. He slowly followed the pattern back up to the face. He could tell she didn't belong here. 

The girl had a good mask on. One that was fooling everyone else. He took in the slight shake in her hands and the pale look hidden behind her makeup. However, he couldn't find a single flaw to her. 

"Don't apologize. You've done nothing wrong." He took in the blush on her cheeks. How adorable. 

"I'm Emily." He looked down at the small hand held out to his. He couldn't shake this beautiful girls hand. He was leaving in two weeks. It seemed to be his heart in control as he took her hand in his. 

"I'm Pitch." He watched as a slow smile filled her face. He saw right through the innocence, a side that he wanted to meet rather quickly if he could. 

What if I told you none of it was accidental
And the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me?
I laid the groundwork and then, just like clockwork
The dominoes cascaded in a line

It had been the best two weeks of their lives. 

Pitch found himself rubbing Emily's arm as they laid under the night's sky. He would be leaving tomorrow. He felt her slowly drifting from him mentally after their fun. He wished he could go into her mind. He lowered his hand, linking their hands together before using his free hand to lift her chin to his. 

"What's going on in that head of yours?" He watched her look at him with only a thoughtful expression. It was a few seconds before she finally spoke.  

"I am a great nurse." He blinked at her, not understanding. 

"I know you are. You are named best by Lady Martha." She nodded before biting her lip, deep in thought. He noticed she did this when she was speaking to herself.

He watched her sit up. She put a hand over his heart as she leaned close to him. He never could concentrate much when she did this.

"Take me with you." He sat up quickly, shaking his head. Absolutely not.

They argued for the rest of the night. When the sun came up over the horizon, Emily stood side by side with Pitch as he talked the General into letting her come.  

No one noticed Emily's satisfied smile as she watched Pitch. 

What if I told you I'm a mastermind?
And now you're mine
It was all by design
'Cause I'm a mastermind

-----------------------------------

Now

Emily sat on the couch next to Pitch as they rested in the lair that was their home. She had spent months making it brighter with more furniture and lamps along the halls. Decorations with picture frames and blankets. The kitchen redone. It was like this specifically for nights like this.

The room was full of drunk Seasonals plus a few extras. North and Bunny refused to house the drunk teens, Seraphina wanted peace with Death in the castle, and Sam had the twins. They offered to watch the drunk ones since no one wanted them wondering the world under the influence this time. They couldn't be trusted drinking alone anymore. 

She watched as Thea drunkenly shouted the words to a song that she listened to most the time. Many of the others joined in since they knew the words. Emily hid her smile behind her own cup as the lyrics reminded her of all those centuries ago when she made the man she loved take her to war. 

"What's going on in that head of yours?" She smiled at him as she hid the thought in her head. There was no way she'd ever tell Pitch that them meeting wasn't by accident. That she didn't spend twenty minutes deciding how she was going to introduce herself to him only to end up tripping with the drink she planned on giving him. 

"Nothing." She kept her eyes on him as he watched her. She held her breath as he tilted his head. She knew that was his tell that he was listening deeply to something. The song. Katie and Jack decided then to shout the ending chorus of the song. 

So I told you none of it was accidental
And the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me
I laid the groundwork and then saw a wide smirk
On your face, you knew the entire time

"Did you think that I did not see all of our memories when Manny was bringing me back from the shadows?" Emily's jaw slowly dropped as his signature smirk with his irritating dimples showed. He took a strand of her hair, twirling it around his finger before brushing it across her nose. 

"I put all the pieces together when I recognized you as the girl I had seen pacing and muttering to herself across the room that night, stealing glances in my direction. I thought you were looking at the fool beside me though. You planned the entire drink spill didn't you." 

She knew he wasn't asking. They had both kept the secret of what she did. The funny thing about Thea was that she never stopped playing music when she was around. When the album first came out, she made anyone in the area she was at listen to each song.

Emily leaned into Pitch's ear with a smile as she whispered the last lines of the song. 

You knew that I'm a mastermind
And now you're mine
Yeah, all you did was smile
'Cause I'm a mastermind

She felt him laugh against her as he leaned his head down to the skin of her neck. A shiver went down her spin as he pressed a soft kiss there. She felt him go to whisper something, she was about to hear what he thought about it all after all these yea-

"GET A ROOM!" She jumped away as Jack, Thea, and Liam screamed the words to them. She glared as Pitch cracked up laughing so hard he spilt his drink on to her shirt.

------------------------------

I know this was a short one but I didn't feel like I should make it long. For some reason, writing a Pitch and Emily chapter just seems like it needs to be short unless its angst. Maybe because he is the nightmare king? I don't know. 

I noticed making this draft, I am 3 chapters away from my 100th chapter, so I'm asking for you guys to put in the comments your favorite character aside from the Guardians that you would want to see me do a chapter for with a song dedicated to them and a background like I did for Archie that one time.

If you want to see anymore couple chapters, give me some ideas. 

If there is anything you want to see period, give me the idea that you have. 

With that being said, 

see you next time. Unknown author x.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
877K 40.6K 173
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
965K 40.6K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
690K 32.9K 56
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...