Legally Yours

By svftliqhts

"You can't be serious?" I stare at him in disbelief, blinking as I notice there isn't any sign of a lie. "Why... More

- Authors note -
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
- 30 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- 40 -
- 41 -
- 42 -
- 43 -
- 44 -
- Epilogue -
- Authors Note -
- Book 2 -

- 31 -

517 5 9
By svftliqhts

- 1 year later -

Aiden

I think if I hear 'how is Gianna' one more time I'm going to be physically sick. We haven't spoken in three months and given how she acted last time I saw her, I think she's intending to keep that going for as long as she can.

Maybe the agreement's terms will come into play after all. I won't say I'm not surprised, we've been on a downwards spiral for a while. I mean God I don't even know what happened honestly.

Seeing her with someone else after coming from from being on the road? That's probably it. I think that single-handedly ruined anything we ever had. I don't know what changed, what I did wrong.

It's hard having to pretend to be married to her again, especially when she's barely at home anymore. I don't think she's repaired her relationship with her mom, so my guess is that she's staying with her new guy.

God forbid she gets caught, then the whole act is over. I'll divorce her and be able to play hockey freely and not have to worry about shit anymore.

No, I'm not on drugs again. This did all happen and she is a fucking liar.

I trusted her so fucking much and that's why it hurts, the worst part of it all is that I still love her. I love someone who cheated on me. I mean I never expected to hear myself say that, especially since it's about her.

I tried so hard to make her happy, and I just couldn't. I must have fucked up somehow, right? I mean her just doing that doesn't make sense. It's completely out of character for her. Well I don't really know her anymore so what can I expect.

Really fucking glad I bought a second home in Toronto last year though, somehow I like it here. Maybe because I don't have to focus on her being here. Or at work or anywhere.

Out of sight out of mind.

Well that isn't really true but I'm going to keep telling myself that for as long as I can. Not like I'm moving on anytime soon, I'm not getting any younger. I mean God I'm 28 now. I'm not particularly young anymore and I don't own the company anymore. I'm just investing in it, which is why occasionally I do actually have to go back to New York.

I also have to check in on my house, it's still mine and if it's a mess when I'm there I know who caused it to be like that.

This is the last time in a few months I'll be here though, hockey season is starting again and I'm more than glad to get out of here for close to a year. Sure I'll be here for a few days throughout the next seven months but that doesn't really even count.

So far though she hasn't shown up at home, which means she knows I'm here. I'm really fucking glad, I need to blow off steam somehow. I plan on getting the next flight back to Canada, after I've thoroughly inspected my house.

A lot of her stuff isn't even here anymore, fuck knows where it is. Quite frankly I don't even give a shit about it or her anymore. I physically can't it's too draining. It's affecting how I'm playing now too. 

I used to say that Gianna was the cause for me not doing drugs, now I just feel like I didn't do it to please her. To make her happier. I don't do it now for my career, it's the biggest part of my life. I'm not giving it up again that easily.

Maybe the divorce will affect it a little, I doubt anyone cares that much.

If I have my way I'll be divorced in three months, she doesn't know that yet. Whenever she shows up here she'll find out, she'll get her settlement like I promised but she will get nothing from me. She doesn't deserve shit from me, not even the amount I promised her. But I will stick to my word.

I mean I could take it away, God I've been wanting to for so long. I just feel weird trying to do it, maybe she'd counterclaim or something and I'd lose more money. Don't really like the idea of doing that.

I open the front door to leave, maybe I'll sell this house after the divorce. I plan to stay in Toronto until I retire, that sounds ideal actually. I look at the front gates, she's driving one of my fucking cars. She has her own fucking car.

I feel myself tense up when she stops after noticing me. I hate this, I hate her.

No, no I don't.

But I want to, I cannot care for her like I used to. I don't love her as much as I did, she ruined everything. She once told me I made her happier than she ever had been before, I wonder what happened to that.

She steps out the car, she doesn't look any different. Except her hair is a little messy. It's not hard to guess what she's been doing this morning. "What are you doing here?"

I scoff, shaking my head at her. "It's my house, no?"

"Right."

"There's a gift on the coffee table, you'll want to see that." I cannot wait for her to see it, even though I won't physically I'll see it in phone calls before I'm getting on the next plane back to Canada.

"Don't be an asshole, Aiden." She rolls her eyes, walking past me. She smells like a guy. I start laughing, I'm laughing at her and how fucking ridiculous she is. "That's rich coming from you."

"No, Aiden you are being a dick."

"Enlighten me, Rose. How am I being a dick? I know you feel all high and mighty because you've had on inside you this morning. But please tell me, I'd like to know."

She inches closer to the door, pushing it open. "That's not fair."

"No, you know what's not fair. Coming home after two weeks away from you so fucking desperate to see you. To find you in our bed with someone else. Did you ever actually stop for a minute to think that doing that would be wrong. We were dating, Rose. You don't fucking do that." I'm not shouting at her, I don't shout. Not even now, I'd like to but I won't.

"You're being unreasonable."

I cut her off, I'm done listening to her. Quite frankly she's pissing me off, what she's saying doesn't make sense to me at all. How am I being unreasonable? "I'm done with you now, I have everything I need with my career."

She shakes her head at me. "You know that you'll only go back to your old habits, don't try forget what I've done for you." Her tone is bitter and I don't care for it.

"I'll have you know that since I left for Canada I haven't even thought about it. I'm completely sober and I fully intend to stay sober."

"I'm done with this conversation now." She says, brushing me off.

"Good, me too. Make sure to check the coffee table." I head over to my car, checking it for scratches before heading to my other one so I can drive it to the airport. She slams the door shut, I can see her in the window in the living room. Her reaction is honestly comical.

It's fucking hilarious.

I've waited to see that for weeks, now I have it I'm satisfied and I intend on getting out of here before she can catch up with me. I slide into my car and speed down the driveway. She's not catching up with me and I'm not having this argument in public.

----------------

"You are completely certain you want this divorce?" Quinn asks me again, for maybe the fifth time? I'm not keeping track anymore.

I put the phone on speaker, focusing on driving. "She fucked someone else Quinn, I won't stand for that."

"I have to say I wasn't expecting this." She mutters, before I hear shuffling noises in the background. I won't question it right now but if I hear it again I will.

I sigh. "Neither was I. Please just let this happen, I need this."

"I'll get this sorted for you, okay? Please just stay sober." Fucking hell how many times do I have to say that I'm still sober before people get it in their heads. "Quinn I've been sober for a year and a half. I'm fine."

"I know, I just want you to be careful." She reiterates. 

"I plan on it, just let me know when and where I need to be, yeah?"

"I will." She says before I hand up the phone, groaning and resting my head on my seat. I'm definitely getting a migraine now. I hated today and I'm so fucking happy to be home.

I'm even happier now that I'm finally getting my fucking divorce.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 42.5K 60
"I'd give it all up for you, Avery," Finn urges. His hands are gripping onto my cheeks and I don't know why I'm letting him get so close to me when I...
2.8M 85.2K 40
*Being Published in 2022* ❝You can't deny that you're attracted to me, Nyx. Instead of fighting it, let's see what happens,❞ he grumbled, hands roami...
7.7M 192K 51
"What if the right person is also your Mr. So Wrong?" *** Her lips touched and teased and coaxed him and he felt her touch in every cell and every bo...
636K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...