Escapade

By vrin_rin

Two rivals, two purposes, one deal and one big turn of event. When two rivals set aside their differences to... More

1 - Complicated Situations
2 - The Longstanding Rivalry
3 - The Hangover Talk
4 - Game On
5 - String of Incidents and Impending Wedding Event
6 - The Wedding : First Family Meeting
7 - The Wedding : Advice From The Ocean
8 - The Wedding : The Past and The Present
9 - The Wedding : The Forthcoming Showdown
10 - The Wedding : Sunrise On The D-Day
11 - Wedding Day : When The Sun and The Ocean Met
12 - Operation Mending Heart
13 - The Ripples Begin
14 - (dis)trust
15 - Escapade
16 - Abducted
18 - My Past, Present and Future
19 - Special Chapter : Escapade to Forever

17 - Epiphany

761 52 15
By vrin_rin

War couldn't remember the last time he had to go to the hospital, nor why he had to go but one thing he was sure that he oddly loves the atmosphere of it. It's probably how quiet it is, or the smell of disinfectant which align with how hygienic this place must be. It lulls him and makes his head quieted down.

Since War arrived at the hospital pretty late and he was fine over all, the doctor just gave him the counter drug and made him stay in the hospital over night for observation. War was in and out of a delirious sleep all night and when the fog cleared up from his head, the sun already peeked outside the window.

He knew what had happened to him. He was fairly conscious when it happened up until he was rescued. Even in the middle of his daze he was aware of what was happening and what was said. As scary as it was, things were made pretty clear that night.

One, he needs professional help for his fear of relationship and he would seek it as soon as possible.

Two, he needs professional help because he doesn't want to use his trauma to reject any type of relationship. War doesn't want to run away from Yin anymore.

When War was abducted and his body gave in to the drug he thought he was done for but then a strong pair of arms provided him with warmth and security. Then that voice, Yin's voice pulled him out of the delirious state, just a little bit for him to utter what exactly happened.

War was very aware of Ritz's presence in the room, but somehow he was very calm. The anxiety and panic that always comes with the presence of Ritz didn't come even though the situation was tense. War didn't realize this because of his drugged state, but Yin's embrace seemed to be enough for War to make him feel safe.

War got his epiphany when he was slowly regaining control over his body. He knew he already fell in love with Yin, he realized both of their feelings are requited for quite some time. The only thing that kept him from approaching relationship is his own fear. He rejected and hurt Yin along the way of trying to protect himself.

What happened to him in his college years was not his fault. Someone destroyed his trust and gaslighted him, made him believe that his pain was his own fault. The incident last night, Ritz's confessions and his indirect apology, kind of gave War a closure he didn't know he needed.

He'll deal with himself and then face Yin head on. He wants to tell Yin that now, he is as committed as he is in building the relationship between the two of them. For that he wanted to tell Yin to wait a little bit, to tell him sorry and to tell him he loves him. War wanted to tell Yin a lot of things.

However, since he opened his eyes throughout his restless morning, he hasn't seen Yin. War was sure, Yin was there, he wouldn't forget feeling well protected in his arms last night. He only remembered Prat checking up on him earlier this morning before leaving to gather War's belongings in police station and because of that War couldn't even call Yin because he didn't have his phone.

War was getting even more restless after a visiting doctor checked up on his condition and gave him an ok to go. Still, no Yin in sight until noon when Prat came around to help him get discharged.

"Prat, do you have my phone?", War asked Prat the first thing the assistant walked in with War's hand bag.

"Yes, but it's off. You need to charge it first before using it", Prat said, while digging into the bag to find the phone and passed it on War.

War clicked his tongue in frustration while looking at the black screen. Just about his luck, when he wants to see Yin, the universe seems keen to make it harder.

"What's wrong? Do you need to contact someone?", Prat who sensed his frustration asked.

"No... I mean, yes, It's Yin. I... want to talk to him. Was he not here?", War said in a rush.

Prat sighed and then smiled. War almost asked why he was smiling and if he could borrow his phone to call Yin or Bver when the door was opened. A large flower bouquet was what War saw first before the man revealed his smiling face.

"Thank God you're okay. I tried to get here as soon as I got the news that you'll get discharged", Yin walked in, gave War the flower bouquet and sat down beside his bed, "How are you feeling?"

War looked at Yin then to the bouquet then to Prat, then to Yin again. Prat was very obviously tried to hold his laughter seeing War looking lost but one tiny glare from his boss made him cower before he excused himself and gave the two of them some privacy.

"Thank you for the flower... I feel fine", War said, suddenly feeling shy under Yin's soft gaze.

"That's good to hear", Yin sighed in relieved.

Both of them then fell into a comfortable silence. Yin knew they need to talk about what's gonna happen now, but he could see War trying to gather his thoughts and waited.

"I'm sorry, seemed like you got dragged into my problem again",War chuckled but Yin frowned hearing War blaming himself again. "But I'm grateful, if not for that bodyguard you hired to follow me around, I'd probably ..... been taken advantage of "

Yin hated what War implied from that sentence but he was relieved that War didn't seem so distant anymore.

"Well I'm glad I meddled", Yin said with a coy smile, making War scoffed.

"Hey Yin.....", War started, "I'm sorry"

"When will you stop apologizing, serious-"

"No, it's not about that", War chuckled, "I'm sorry, for hurting you I guess"

Yin was silent for a moment after hearing what War said. He wanted to interrupt but he felt that War wasn't finished with what he wanted to say.

"Everything that you said about me pushing people away to protect myself was right. I'm too afraid of opening up because I don't want to get hurt, and because of that, I indirectly hurt people who truly care about me"

Yin wanted to hold War's slightly trembling hand, but Yin was too afraid to disturb the atmosphere in this situation.

"It's been too long since I let my past trauma bother me. I want to be free from it all and live without fear", War smiled while looking at Yin.

War placed the beautiful flower bouquet that Yin had given him on the bedside table, then shifted so that he sat cross-legged. War patted the spot in front of him, signaling Yin to sit on the bed.Yin who looked confused took off his shoes and obeyed War. Now they sat face to face. War fiddling with his own fingers before a small smile presented on his face

"I've asked Prat to find me a doctor, a professional who can help me. I'm determined to be free and I'll try to make it happen," War said while looking down. Yin smiled at War's words

Then, without warning War, though with a trembling hands, grabbed and held on to Yin's hand. It startled Yin but he quickly got pass the surprise and tighten the grip.

"So... about us", War started, "I'm done running away from my feelings, I....I want to give us a try but it might need some time before I completely healed. Uhmm.. what I want to say is... will you wait for me?"

Yin felt relieved washed over him followed with immense happiness because days of trying to make amend for hurting War, days of worrying from afar, days of uncertainty and pining now over. War is willing to give their story a chance, for real this time.

Yin pulled War closer and hugged him. He could feel War hesitated before wrapping his arms around Yin and hugging him back. Inhaling each other scent, both of them drew in a relief breath.

"Thank you for giving us a chance", Yin said above whisper close to War's ear.

"I'll be here, I'll never leave you War. Ever"

-..................-

The road of mental healing was harder than War thought. He found it hard to share his feelings and ask for help because he had a hard trust issue. It gave them a rough beginning but War slowly able to open up and got the help he needed.

True to his promise, Yin never once left War. Not even when War was being difficult and pulling himself inside his shell. He was always within an arm reach. He understands War will need time and space to heal but he'll never once thought of leaving War.

Slowly, they add more quality time together into their routine. The date night, then the lunch date and then they started seeing each other almost everyday when Yin started chaperoning War every where he goes.

The employees in Yin's office felt grateful because their boss slowly came back to his old self. In the past few weeks after the 'breakup'. The atmosphere in the office was constantly tense. Yin turned into hard spoken person and rarely smiled.

"Good evening khun War, nice outfit", Ple, the front desk lady who had become War's best friend greeted him once he walked in the office.

"Thanks! You look great with that new hair cut by the way", War said while slowly walking to the elevator, making Ple laughed.

"Have a fun date night!", she said which got a thumbs up in return as War got in the elevator.

War's presence had become so normal around Yin's office nowadays. The employees kind of figured out that their CEO had gotten back together with his boyfriend as Yin's mood had gotten so much better.

"Nong War, how are you dear?", the nice lady on Yin's floor, P Noey always greeted War with a sweet smile.

"I'm good phi", War smiled, he missed her dessert now that War doesn't work from this office anymore.

"Khun Yin is at the meeting right now, if my time table is correct, it should be done anytime soon.", she said while pointing at the meeting room on the floor, "I've been asked to tell you to wait in his office", she said, with a gentle hand, she pushed War into the direction of Yin's office.

War glanced at the meeting room which only separated from the rest of the floor with tinted glass wall. He could make out Yin's figure, sitting at the end of the table, probably listening to his client's requirements. He smiled, feeling the familiar warmth whenever he's thinking about Yin, then excused himself to go to Yin's office.

War was feeling excited and giddy the whole time he waited in Yin's office. He truly waited for today's date as Yin's taking him to somewhere they haven't gone to yet and it's a surprise. True to what he had been told, War heard Yin's and his client's voice exiting the meeting room after less than 10 minutes.

Suddenly wanting to see Yin, War decided to come out of the office and greet Yin. Yin was walking his client to the elevator, a young lady, looks a few years younger than him. War slowed his pace down when he saw Yin with her. Their interactions were too close for a mere clients and it put War on edge.

"Phi", War called for Noey's attention which she immediately caught, "That client...."

P'Noey looked at the direction where War was looking and understood what he wanted to ask, "Oh, that's Miss Rin. Her father is a close acquaintance with Khun Yin's father. She had a fashion business and had been trusting our company to manage their website"

"Oh, no wonder they look rather close for business partners", War said, still eyeing the two"

"That's because they've known each other since they were kids nong", P'Noey said, completely oblivious with the incoming ugly feelings inside of War.

P'Noey patted War's back and retreated back to her desk while War turned his attention back to Yin. Just in time when he witnessed the lady clinging into Yin's arm. The ugly feeling made itself known in War's heart, he realized it's jealousy.

War hesitated between going right up to them or walking back to Yin's office and pretend nothing happened. While he was battling with his own thought, Yin's eyes found him and War couldn't explain how the relieved gaze from Yin made the ugly feeling fade away.

"War", Yin said while beckoning the smaller man to get closer.

War walked towards Yin and greeted the lady, "Swadeekhab"

War didn't know if the way Yin's arm immediately wrapped around his waist is a conscious or unconscious act, but either way, War was satisfied. He unconsciously melted into Yin's side as Yin introduced him to the lady.

"This is War Wanarat, you might had heard about him. He designed the resort in Phuket for your father", he said, voice full of pride.

"Oh!", the lady exclaimed, face full of interest now towards War.

"War, this is Rin Rinnarat Tangwai. The daughter of Khun Poom Tangwai", Yin introduced the lady to War.

Now War definitely remember the name Tangwai. Khun Tangwai is an embodiment of warm charismatic man, even in his 60's, he still holds the strong aura of respect. Working on the resort was challenging yet fun. War remembered he has a son who was the project contractor at that time.

"Swadeekha khun War, I've been so curious about the 'cute' architect my brother had always talked about since the resort project. Now I understand why he has such a huge crush on you", she said while shaking War's hand. If she eyed Yin after giving the last bit of information, War definitely didn't catch that.

However to War, it was a confirmation that Rin doesn't have a negative view towards his sexual preference. War felt relaxed enough to smile now because Rin definitely just a little bit touchy and not in any way trying to flirt with Yin. Because she hadn't let go of War's hand while blabbering about how beautiful the resort is.

"You should come visit the resort sometimes, in fact, khun Por is planning to have the company's 10th anniversary there next month. My brother will be happy to see you again!"

"Alright that's enough, your poor driver's probably confused now waiting for you downstairs", Yin interrupted them.

"Aww, I want to chat more with P'War. Can I call you phi?", she asked War.

War just laughed while nodded, realizing how child like Rin is.

"Well, can't do that. We have a date", Yin said, making Rin halt.

"Oh?", she said, now War could see the teasing glint in her eyes.

"What? Never seen people going on a date before?", Yin said oblivious to Rin's teasing glint.

Rin then gasped and covered her mouth, acting surprised. "P'Yin, this is the boyfriend that you've been bragging about to me?"

"I didn't do such th-"

"Oh my God, P'War are you being forced? is he blackmailing you? I mean, how did this airhead land a gorgeous and cute person like you? blink twice if you feel like you're in danger", Rin said, while holding into War's shoulder.

War knew she was teasing Yin, but Yin's reaction is too good to tell her to stop. So War just played along at first, but after a minute he pitied Yin.

"I'm not actually his boyfriend though", War said.

"Not yet at least", Yin immediately added before Rin could suggest War to go on a date with her brother.

Rin side eyed her close friend before breaking into giggles, "Don't scowl, I know, it's just too fun not to tease you"

"You little demon", Yin said while his hand about to ruffle Rin's perfect high pony tail.

"Don't even try", Rin avoided his attack, "But seriously though, P'War let me know if he's being a slow poke and make you wait. My brother's not that bad either", Rin winked at War then quickly made a run to the elevator before Yin could actually mess with her hair.

As both Yin and War watch the energetic lady waving on a closing elevator, a realization dawned upon themselves.

It's been almost three months since the incidents and their promise to give relationship between them a try. War was feeling mostly secured with himself and confident that he wouldn't give Yin an extra baggage with his trauma. Today made him realize that he doesn't like seeing Yin with other people who wasn't him.

Yin was wondering if it's time yet to actually ask War to be his and his only. He knew Rin was just teasing him, but she got a whole lot of point to consider. War is gorgeous and he has aura that makes people naturally drawn into him. Her brother was just one out of probably many more people who just couldn't help but crushing on War.

Both Yin and War felt like they need to do something before it's too late and when they had a dinner date later that night, a plan was secretly being thought about. A plan to confess and make the other person theirs forever.

-.......................-

Who do you think will confess first?

Team War say ayyyy 😘

Team Yin say yoooo 🥰

Anyway, one more chapter before this story end, I hope you've been enjoying this story so far.

Do you have a preferable place to go or activity to do on a date?

Let me know your thoughts about this story . ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 3K 61
โ€ข๐—–๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑโ€ข |๐—ฌ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ช๐—ฎ๐—ฟ'๐˜€ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† Yin Anan Wong had always been the kind of person who enjoyed playing around with different people ea...
25.4K 1.6K 40
This story is my imagination๐Ÿ’œ This story is about time travel A boy who accidentally stuck in his novel he's the 1 mafia in his world Then unexpe...
HOOKED By soda

Fanfiction

102K 3.7K 19
Mark's family has been receiving threats and there, his father asked for his friend's son to guard him but what will happen if that person is the one...
647K 36.3K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...