The music freaks oneshots (Au...

By nawt_stcr

this is a oneshot for the austin-wickham family. (it could be ships including zander and hailey (ex. lander,j... More

‼️important‼️
☁️ |🏡A Quiet Time💨
💢|⚠️I'll always be there🍷
💗|🌡️🧡don't leave💜
💗💢|☕it wasn't you🚫
💗💢|🌹The Drummer's Grief🪦
🛝My Hero⭐
About the FINALE!!
📖💗💢|⚡Fortunate🧡
Hi!
💗☁️| Photograph
Some information!!
💢☁️|🏳️‍🌈Unveiling🚪
💗☁️| Sparks
☁️💢|🚲Don't let go! 🏥
☁️| 💨A Trip🍃

⏳️father-son bonding 🎣

514 8 1
By nawt_stcr

It was Sunday morning, and Michael didn't have any specific things to do. He has himself glued to the couch and tv since he woke up. He groaned to himself each second, having nothing to do is like a curse to him. Shannon approached her green-haired husband who is sprawling on the couch. "Good morning, dear." Shannon sat down on the couch filling the rest of the space. Michael sat up and greets his purple-haired wife, "Good morning, honey!" the green-haired man said, clearly excited. "you look like you're free," Shannon stated. "I'm glad you can tell honey! it's like you have superpowers." Michael said jokingly causing Shannon to roll her eyes.

"Well, dear. If you don't mind doing it, I have one job for you." Shannon said making Michael perk up with excitement. "you know I can handle anything" Michael grinned at his wife. "I know you can, I believe you can," Shannon responded. "I want you to take my son out" Shannon continued with a serious tone. "what do you mean, honey?" Michael raised his brow. 

"Well, I want you two to have some quality time together! Have some bros night out or I don't know" Shannon explained. "I just want my son and husband to get along well," Shannon mumbled loud enough for Michael to hear. "hey, we do get along well! I guess it's just we have very different interests and.." Shannon frowned, stopping Michael from saying anything further. "..but I guess I can take him out to go fishing! like the signature father and son quality time," Michael continued, Shannon smiled and kisses him on the cheek. "thank you, dear." Shannon hugged her husband which he swiftly returned "You're welcome honey." 

There were lots of whining and yelling, but of course, there would always be whining and yelling knowing Zander. But he ended up agreeing in the end. so here they are together in Michael's car, with nothing but uncomfortable silence on their way to the fishing pond. "So, son. How has school been?" Michael started trying to small talk himself away from the silence. "I don't think I have any interest in talking about school, can you not?" The purple-haired boy responded annoyedly. "Come on, work with me. I'm trying my hardest here." Michael pled. "Why did you decide to do this anyway? anything but fishing. you know I hate doing outdoor things." Zander pouted, crossing his arms avoiding any eye contact with Michael. "I thought it'd be fun! besides, we rarely hang out. why not try it out this time?" Zander sighed at Michael's response. 

"Fine, whatever. I'll try it out." Zander groaned giving up. Michael smiled at his son, now the silence is less uncomfortable. They arrived at the fishing pond, Zander got off the car while Michael parked. They were greeted by friendly staff as they step into the area. Zander leaned on the fence texting, while Michael rented some fishing equipment, bait, and a spot for them. Once Michael finished, they walked through the wooden bridge to the location where they were going to fish. Michael sat down and pulls out one of the fishing poles.

"Zander, have you fished before?" Michael asked. "No.. never. My father took me here once when I was a child, but I just watched back then." Zander answered, Michael made an "O" and nodded along turning back to the pond. "How about as your father now, I will teach you," Michael said putting one of his hands on his hip looking very cocky. "alright, fine," Zander said with his same annoyed tone showing how uninterested he is in the activity. 

Michael attached the bait to the hook and extended the pole out over the water. "watch and learn, son." Michael sat down and waited for the fish to bite. Zander was already bored so he pulled out his phone. Not liking his son's behavior, Michael pointed out, "Zander, you'll miss the cool part if you're going to be on your phone-" "THERE IS NO COOL PART! we all know how it goes, and there's nothing cool about this," Zander cuts Michael off, Michael frowned at his purple-haired son. "I'm sorry Michael, but let's just face it. this is useless," Zander continued. Michael lets out a sigh he went quiet for a moment and then smiled at his son, "I know Zander, I just want to spend time with you like any father with their son would." Zander gleamed at Michael's statement. But Zander was very stubborn so he doesn't want to make it look like he was shaken by what Michael said. Zander still kept his head turned away from Michael.

"Hey! How about this... let's do something else! something you'd like," Michael put a hand on his son's shoulder. "where do you wanna go?" Michael said calmly putting on the same smile. Michael knows how sensitive and aggressive his son can be, so he tries his best to be as calm and gentle as he can. "you wouldn't like what I like," Zander responded. "oh come on! Of course, I'd like it." Michael said as he pulls the hook to the surface. "I wanna go check out the local library, there's some books I'd like to finish," Zander said Michael scrunched a little. Michael wasn't fond of reading, like most people, he finds it rather boring. 

"Sure, son. let's go to the local library." Zander turned his head back to Michael. "really? you wouldn't find it boring?" Zander softened. "boring? I might be better than you at it," Michael said putting his head up high. "Fine, let's go see." Zander scoffed. 

Michael and Zander went back to Michael's car. Zander rambled about what he's been reading and his plans once they arrive. Michael listened carefully missing what he said from time to time but it makes him happy seeing his son so excited. They finally arrived, Zander skipped in happily while Michael tries to keep up. Zander immediately got to the books he wanted. Michael just followed completely confused and dizzy. Zander took a seat, but before he opens his book, he glanced at Michael. Zander noticed Michael didn't have any books in his hands yet he already was about to sit in the reading area. "where's your book?" Zander asked narrowing his eyes. "Um, well uh I got a little confused. How about I watch you read?" Michael said scratching the back of his hair. "you said you might be better at this than me, and besides this was supposed to be us spending time together" Zander said repeating what Michael spat earlier. Michael groaned having nothing to do was probably way better than whatever he is about to do now. Michael went away and searched the cooking section. If he was going to read, he'd rather read something that he has an interest in. He got his eyes to get pulled by one of the books, so he took it and went back to the reading area.

Michael walked back lazily, Zander looked up from his book looking at Michael who seem to have a recipe book in his hand. Zander pressed his thumb between his eyes before he started to growl, "Really Michael? A recipe book?" Zander judged still keeping his voice as low as possible. "Well, it's still reading," Michael stated which is kinda true. Zander sighed and trap himself back in his book. Michael lowered himself sitting beside his son. 

It has only been 15 minutes and Michael was already tired. He pressed himself into the book and closed his eyes. He thought that Zander wouldn't notice if he eats the time to snooze a little. Despite reading the book Zander likes, he still doesn't seem to feel comfortable reading when his surroundings don't sit right with him. Zander notices Michael was planting his face in his book. Zander closes his book loud enough to wake Michael up but not loud enough to disturb other people at the library. Michael jumped and turned his head to his son who seem to be putting down his book and walking away from the reading area. Michael quickly followed confused by Zander's sudden movement.

 The purple-haired boy exited the local library and stood in front of their car. Michael who was following behind asked him in concern, "What's wrong Zander, did you not enjoy reading?" Zander gave Michael a stern look and said, "Let's just go home." Michael sighed and nodded. They went inside the car and started to drive home. The wind in the car seemed rather gloomy, and the silence was loud. Michael decided to break the aura that has been emitted, "I'm sorry I let you down." Zander didn't respond. "I was trying hard but you know..."  Michael continued. After a moment, Zander started speaking "Yeah, I know. I guess we don't have that much in common." Michael breathed out, his chest started to hurt as Zander continued, "I guess it's just how we are, and nothing is changing it. We're just so different." "I know, I'm sorry." Michael apologized. "It's not your fault. I'm sorry I was really hard on you at the fishing pond. I'm sorry I brought you into going to the library and doing something that you dislike." Zander kept going. "But I guess my hopes were way up. I guess it made me happy that someone in the family finally gets me, you know?" Zander tugged a smile on the side of his face, "I needed to thank you for building up that excitement for me. Even though it crashed down abruptly." Michael relaxed listening to his son. "I'm sorry I had to crash it down," Michael responded.

"If you don't mind me asking, what kind of book was it again?" Michael asked curiously. "It was the wonders of astrology, you may not know it but I'm very interested in the secrets beneath the endless diamond sky. is that crazy for you?" Zander answered with his hands waving as a gesture. Michael shakes his head in response, "Not crazy at all. back then I used to be very interested in it as well." Zander turned his head towards Michael eyes sparkling, "Really? you're not lying. are you?" Michael giggled. "no, not this time. I have an old telescope to prove it too." Michael's eyes widened realizing what he just said, "Maybe, we can make that our thing. would you like that?" Michael said causing Zander to soften his expression and shines out a genuine smile.

 "Yes, I'd love that, Dad," Zander answered. '

1757 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 155 20
After the music club won 2nd place in the competition, everything started to change. The music club gained prominence and everything seemed to be fin...
11K 467 26
This Fanfic is based on RosyClozy's gacha series, The Music Freaks. All characters belong to Rosy. I will state if it is any OC of mine. All events...
2.6K 63 20
TMF oneshots because yall liked my Drake book and I wanted to write some Lander sooooo here we are. I'll so anything, including smut, so please reque...
124K 1.8K 113
Heres my one shot book! I rly appreciate everything you all have done for me♡︎ Rules: No... -smut -sex -nudity -straight shipping Zander -illegal sh...