Dinner with the Mafia ✔

By Nadineat2

Atlas saves Jolene one day and develops an irrational love, which later causes chaos in her world. His extrem... More

Dinner with the Mafia
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Dario
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 - Dario
Chapter 24 - Dario
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Dario
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue

Chapter 27

5.1K 169 45
By Nadineat2

**Imagine the suit in olive green**

"Bambi," I heard Dario call, but I did not bother opening my eyes. "Bambi, wake up. It's already one in the afternoon," he added, and I jumped from my bed. He was standing near the doorframe with a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked, shocked since this was the first time I had slept in this late. I missed my morning run. "That's not possible!" I looked at my phone to confirm the hour. 

Shit, my day is wasted now.

"I wanted to wake you up earlier, but you looked like you needed sleep, so I didn't. I went out with Enola and bought you an olive green suit, you don't have to wear it since you already have suits, as you said before, but Enola insisted I should get it." He placed the attire on my bed, and I loved the color and the fabric. Plus, it was my style.

I smiled, appreciating his kind gesture even though I had brought more than ten suits from home. "Thank you, and I will definitely wear it today." As I said that, his light smile brightened my mood. "So, our meeting is at eight?" I hung the clothes in the closet and opened the bathroom door.

"Yes, but I will leave earlier. I have something I need to take care of beforehand, though I will come and get you at seven and a half. You should be ready by then, okay?"

"Sure, now get out and let me take a shower." I entered the bathroom, slammed the door shut, and blushed hard, remembering yesterday's events. "Jolene, you are so stupid!" I hit my forehead on the door.

"One more thing before I go, Bambi," Dario said through the door, and I was sure he heard me rumble to myself. "I know you value your morning runs, but please don't go out alone. I have a training room in the basement, next to the meeting room you saw us in once. You can exercise there if you want. For now, I will be in my room."

I opened the door to see him scratching the nape of his neck. "Thanks for telling me before I showered." I grabbed my sports clothes and changed into them in the bathroom, and he went to his room.

~~~

It was six, and I finally stopped running on the treadmill. I had been exercising for four hours on my own. Dario left at five thirty, as he said he would. I sweated badly, so I took my time in the hot tub while listening to some music. I felt relaxed for the first time since I got here, but that did not last once Atlas' face crossed my mind. 

That motherfucking prick!

"Just forget about him for now, Jolene. He's not worth your time!" I encouraged myself to think of happy memories, and Dad falling into a pond a few years ago crossed my mind. Phoebe, Dad, and I went on a short vacation in the countryside, and Dad kept bragging about his skills in catching a small pig. The moment he came close to the animal, he fell into the pond, and Phoebe and I laughed for about an hour. His face was priceless, and we caught it on video.

When I was finally satisfied with my smooth, clean skin, I got out of the tub, wore my new suit, and decided to raise my hair into a tight ponytail. When I was finally done, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," I said as I wore my elegant black high heels.

"Hey," Dario entered the room, wearing a black suit, which made him look extra handsome. He looked at me from head to toe and smirked. "Penso di aver vinto il jackpot... Um, you look beautiful and elegant, Bambi." His compliment caught me off guard, and I blushed really hard. 

I did not say anything about the nickname as I got used to it coming from him. I just wanted to know what he said in Italian, but I did not feel like translating it.

I hope it is not an insult.

"Thank you," I replied and looked at the clock. It was seven-thirty sharp, and I was actually impressed. "Punctual, I like it," I remarked with a grin.

"Shall we go?" Dario asked as he linked his arm with mine and grabbed my purse in his other hand. He was acting like a gentleman, and I loved this side of him. "We will have the business dinner at the Windfall building; I arranged everything. You will finally get to know my most trusted men."

"Okay, I want this business to be a success, and I hope Atlas does not ruin it," I said, and he squeezed my arm, not too tightly, but enough to tell me that he was as stressed as me.

"Don't worry; he won't be able to enter the building. We caught all the unloyal rats today, so he cannot sneak in without help." He opened the car door for me, and I slipped inside. Once in the driver's seat, he turned the ignition on and drove.

"How did you catch them, and what did you do to them?" I hoped he captured them with civilized methods, but he was the Mafia Don, so it was improbable. His smirk confirmed my worries, and I did not want to know anymore. "You know what? I don't want to know. Don't tell me."

He nodded in approval. "It's better if you don't," he stated as his phone rang. Dario put it on speaker. "Yes, Nonno?"

"Are you on your way?" Basilio asked. "Is Jolene with you?"

"Yes, and she can hear you."

"Hi, Basilio," I said with a smile, even though he could not see it. But Dario did, and I looked out the window to avoid his gaze. 

Eyes on the road, man!

"Ciao, dear. Everyone is here already, and we are waiting for you. The boys can't wait to meet you, Jolene. I told the ones who have not seen you yet how pretty you are, and they got extremely excited." Basilio's words made me laugh, but Dario scoffed.

"Nonno, dovevi dirlo?" Dario asked, and I decided to focus on texting Phoebe. She was dying to come with Dad and visit me, but she could not leave when she had important documents to fill in and attend crucial company meetings in Dad's place. They were doing my job there, and I felt terrible for it, yet they understood my situation.

"Si, now man up, and confessa il tuo amore!"

"Shit, Nonno. I have to hang up; we'll see you in a bit," Dario said in a frantic tone and turned his phone off. He looked a bit flustered.

"Are you okay?" I asked and put my phone in my purse.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Hang on tight; I will take a shortcut. It's a bit rowdy."

~~~

"When you said a bit rowdy, I did not expect it to be fucking muddy! Good thing the windows were shut." I got out of the car before he could open it for me, and I saw him scowl. "I was going to be sick. You drive like a maniac!" I grabbed my purse and wanted to walk in, but he grabbed my waistband and held me back.

"You liked punctuality, so here you go. It's exactly eight." When he said that, my eyes widened.

 He did this for me?

~~~

6/05/2023

I hope you liked this chapter! The real action is on its way, and I am excited :)

Quick random question: what do you do for a living? Or what are you planning on doing in the future? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 71.1K 42
"I think you've already starved me enough, Amia, just one taste. I promise I won't bite." Marcello implored, his hands slipping gently between my thi...
1.6M 40.1K 59
Covers by: @mayamarip0sa (Thank You!) @A_A_N_GEL (Thank You!) Kindhearted and compassionate, Rosalia Amabella, preferably Rose, was just a curvy wom...
645K 21.3K 64
❝I want to worship you like a queen. Every fucking day. And use you like my little slut. Every fucking night. Together, we can set the world on fire...
943 52 10
𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 a the Spanish mafia daughter,after her dad lost her mom he became overprotective about her and hoping not to make the same mistake h...