The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

Por Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... Más

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 15: Expanding Minds

2.1K 112 61
Por Lotus_Horizon

November 28th, Styria, Austria

*??? POV*

  How long has it been exactly.

  Decades? Centuries even. I have been asleep for so long. So many years that I have missed. The world is probably so different than it was then. But no way it could be THAT different. Humans being as stupid as they are couldn't have done much. Especially with the others. I know they probably already took over a good fraction of, if not the entirety of the world.

  The door to my chambers began to slowly open as I was greeted by an all to familiar face.

???: Hello zhere! How long has it been, since our paths have crossed? Vhat year was it when we last spoke master Carmilla?

  I turned to see the woman, in dark garb emphasizing her slim yet lanky appearance, long black hair that went to her knees, her ghostly blue eyes and pale skin.

Carmilla: . . . Ahh, Ruth Nachtnebel. That depends. What year is it?

Ruth: Vell, it is zhe year 2022. So, zhere's zhat. You have been asleep for about a few hundred years zhan. 

Carmilla: What happened to your voice? I knew you had an accent, but your have a lisp now. Why?

  Ruth scratches the back of her head a bit embarrassed.

Ruth: Vell, I did get shot in zhe mouth by a Van Helsing some time ago. Guess it hasn't fully healed yet even after all these years.

Carmilla: A Van Helsing? They still live in this era?

Ruth: A yes, you have been asleep for some time. So, zhere are some events zhat you need refreshing.

  After some time, I stood from my resting place, going out into the moonlight, as the light of the moon bathed over my bare skin. Oh how I missed this sensation, but the sensation was taken away and replaced with anger once I was told about the previous events.

Carmilla: So, you're telling me that humanity has advanced significantly since my time, Dracula was killed by a Van Helsing, and said Van Helsings are still alive?

Ruth: Zhe last being a child, known as (Y/N).

Carmilla: . . . (Y/N)? Are you sure that their name is that?

Ruth: Yes m'lady. He currently resides in zhe town of Sleepy Hollow in New York state in zhe Americas.

Carmilla: New York? . . . Ah, that village in the Americas.

Ruth: Zhere's a lot about zhe vorld zhat you need to learn.

Carmilla: Is that why your dressed in these odd garbs?

Ruth: Zhis is referred to as a suit Lady Carmilla. Speaking of garbs, ve should get you dressed, you're as bare as zhe day of your birth.

 Time passed into the night as I got dressed in my robes. Drinking a long needed drink of blood. Such a sweet taste, I had forgotten how good drinking had felt. So many years of healing, and now was the time for me to enact my plans.

Carmilla: Ruth, what of the court?

Ruth: A yes, vell, many lords and ladies vere killed by hunters, vhich I retaliated best I could. Killing a good number.

Carmilla: Hmm, as expected. You all can't really do shit without me. Running around like chickens with their heads cut off as soon as Dracula dies. But, now I think we should handle this a bit more carefully. If the world has gotten this advanced. . . What of Dracula's wives. Verona, Marishka, and the wild child Aleera?

Ruth: Zhey reside in Sleepy Hollow. With zhe Van Helsing.

  I stopped drinking as I stared at ruth, a bit annoyed and surprised.

Carmilla: And he isn't dead?

Ruth: No, zhey appear to be keeping him alive. Like a pet. Or so I thought. But he is alive and vell. Living amongst monsters. I confirmed it after he made quick work of a Baskerville Hellhound I had sent to the area to examine him, along vith a young Vitch boy as vell.

Carmilla: . . . So be it. How old is this boy?

Ruth: 16 years of age.

Carmilla: Send word out to the other counts and send more creatures of the night after him. I'm calling it now.

  Ruth smiled like a child on christmas morning.

Ruth: Mistress, does zhis mean?

Carmilla: Yes. . . I am ordering a bloodhunt on (Y/N) Van Helsing. However I want him brought to me alive. I'll rip his throat out myself, ending his line.

  I smiled as I could only imagine the taste of his blood. So young, so pure, so sweet. I cannot wait to tear him apart and then put an end to their insidious bloodline. I can so surly-

*RING RING*

  The sudden ringing sound get's my attention as I aim a blade of blood at the source of the noise, that beeing Ruth.

Ruth: EEEK!!! M'Lady, calm your undead heart. It's just my phone.

Carmilla: . . . A phone?

Ruth: Smartphone to be exact.

  Ruth takes out a small glowing rectangular box of sorts. She taps on the glassy flat surface as I see images and words changing on it.

Carmilla: What the fuck kind of magic is that?

Ruth: Oh, zhis is no magic m'lady. It's-

Victoria: SCIENCE!!!!!!

*BOOM*

  You and Victoria exit your science class to take your break for lunch.

Victoria: Well well well, you are an excellent lab partner (Y/N).

Y/N: I don't think the goal was to blow up the test tubes in class. We had basic instructions and you bloody strayed from it.

Victoria: You know there are multiple solutions to every problem. It's a crime to only go in the directions that you have been given.

  After you and Victoria enter the cafeteria, you decided to look for Robin, surprisingly you see him at a table with what looked like other witches and warlocks. You didn't want to impose, or inform that he was friends with a human. Also, crowds made you uncomfortable anyway.

Victoria: (Y/N), do you have anywhere to sit?

Y/N: I recommend you sit far from me. I'd rather not drag you down. We'll meet once again after classes if you desire.

  Victoria wanted to say more, but understood your feelings.

Victoria: After school we shall meet then. I will repay you with whatever you desire then.

  You both go your separate ways as you walk past multiple tables with varying students. Some of which giving you a stern look, others a look of curiosity. You ignore the groups as you make your way over to an empty table. There you could think in peace without anyone bothering your thoughts. Though you did take in the surrounding area with all the different groups. You see so many different students that it was almost overwhelming. More so than a normal human high school.

Y/N: Hmm, peace at last. That hellhound was ere for a reason, and I fear there is bound to be more creatures like it. I must find a way to fin the source of it's origin and snuff out those embers before they have a chance to consume me and this sleepy little town.

    As I sit in thought, just enjoying my time alone, I feel the presence of other people sitting next to me, I recognized the voice of one as he sits next to me.

Ash: well well well, look who we have here? Where's your boyfriend little guy?

Y/N: . . . 

Ash: Aww, touchy. Are you cranky without your boyfriends hand to hold? Remember what I said the last time we met?

Y/N: . . . .

Ash: I said if I saw you again, then you'd better pray.

  Ash drags his claw across the table, making a loud noise that made the ears of all in the cafeteria stop what they were doing. Robin even noticed from afar as he wanted to rush in and help you, but you let out a deep sigh.

Y/N: Were you talking to me? I was busy enjoying the moments you weren't speaking.

  You reach into your jacket and pull out a bottle preparing to use it as a last resort. Ash was getting annoyed as he grabbed you by your collar, lifting you off your feet and staring into your eyes.

Ash: You really think your cute!

Y/N: . . . .

Ash: You know, for a human, you've got a smart ass mouth whenever you do speak. Maybe I should bite you, make you my thrall around school. Then what would you-

Robin: Hey! (Y/N)! Let's go, I really wanna show you something outside.

Ash: Oh there's your little boyfriend. Gonna run and hide behind your little witch bitch now?

Y/N: You better pray to whatever demon birthed you when facing a Va-

  Robin grabs onto your arm pulling you out of the cafeteria and into the hallway as fast as he can as Victoria observes from afar, deciding to follow suit.

  Robin takes you out to the field sitting on the bleachers with Victoria as Robin chops your forehead.

Robin: What the hell! Were you just about to announce yourself to the entire school?

Y/N: Well I apologize. I have a habit of announcing myself whenever I kill monsters.

Robin: You were gonna kill him!?!?!

Y/N: . . . . Love your new lipstick Robin.

Robin: Oh really? Thank you, some of the girls helped me put it on at lunch and- WAIT DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!

Y/N: Fine! Thank you or pulling me out before I announced that I was a Van Helsing. 

Victoria: Wait, you're a Van Helsing?

. . .

  You and Robin turn to Victoria just staring in surprise, not expecting her to follow suit.

Robin: What? A Van Helsing in Sleepy Hollow? HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Don't be ridiculous.

  Your eye twitched as you look at Robin, letting out a sigh as you decided not to hide it from her too much at least.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm a Van Helsing. 

  Victoria's eyes light up as she grabbed you by the collar. You expected her to do some form of damage to you, strangling you and running her electricity through you as Robin prepared to protect you just in case, but instead, Victoria only pressed her nose against yours, staring deeply into your eyes with her crazy look.

Victoria: Is that why you asked me about weapons? You want to hunt monsters here now?

Y/N: Not monsters like you, Robin, or Ash. But . . . other monsters.

Robin: We were attacked by a Baskerville Hellhound and he believes it was following the orders of a master. One that could put the town and everyone in it at risk. 

Victoria: . . . Hmm, you don't seem like the pair to lie. But it was just going to be you two to face this threat?

Robin: Wait, you believe us?

Victoria: I don't believe it would be logical for (Y/N) to tell me that he is a Van Helsing. Then afterwards have a story fabricated just for that situation. He doesn't seem like the type to care for fabricating stories, and you don't seem like the type to go along with it perfectly, meaning you'd mess up and he'd give you some irritated look as you struggle to lie like he did when you lied about him being a Van Helsing when I first heard.

  You and Robin look at one another before turning back to Victoria.

Y/N: Soo, you aren't going to tell anyone?

Victoria: No, if what you say is true, then you are in serious danger. Who do you have in your army to face the unknown darkness?

Robin: Me, Him, and the shopkeeper Morrigan.

. . . 

Victoria: Yeah, you both are going to need more than that to face an army of darkness. So, count me in. If any beasts come for you, I'll use my brilliance to aid you with my creations.

Robin: Creations? Are you a witch as well or something.

Victoria: No, Nein, Non, I am no magician, witch, sorcerer, or anything magical. I am a scientist, and with my scientific mind, I shall aid you till my aid is no longer needed.

Y/N: What do you get out of this?

Victoria: Scientific research. This will probably be the best way for me to mentally develop and have breakthroughs in my own technological field. 

  You and Robin look at one another as you just sigh, taking Victoria by her hands.

Y/N: Well, Ms. Frankenstein, we are going to need that beautiful mind of yours. But I get the feeling there is something else you desire.

Victoria: Hmmm, maybe another small favor. Along with you collecting materials for me, and then maybe a little free experimentation with you and your, well, body.

  You groan, but quickly look back to her with a grin.

Y/N: Very well. Experiment away, but leave my humanity in tact.

Victoria: Deal. Though, we are going to need another person in our little group, maybe a few more people. 

Y/N: Well, looks like I'm gonna have to do something here that I never mastered. Something that will require all of my skill.

Robin: And that is?

Y/N: . . . I'm gonna have to socialize.

(A/N: Hope you guys loving the story so far)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

24.6K 812 18
{Completed} A girl's life can be an entire lie when she is an orphan. Knowing little about herself, who she truly is and who she belongs to. It seems...
36.1K 632 26
Dracula and Jamie have known each other for a couple of centuries, even back in 1897 when they continuously defeated Abraham Van Helsing. Then after...
131 22 15
Silver Village; a small village from the 1800s, from the coldest place in the world filled with snow and the sun rarely touches. Home for commoners a...
1.2K 46 27
Life as a Vampire Hunter can be dangerous, but having to marry the son of the one and only Vlad Dracula brings new light to the situation. Elizabeth...