Fine Line // Eddie Munson x R...

By jeremyvolkovswife

Eddie Munson was the freak of Hawkins High. He was a pain in the ass last year, and continued to be this year... More

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

866 32 66
By jeremyvolkovswife

The warmth beside you radiated like it was your very own living heat pad. Without opening your eyes, still working hard to remain in the clutches of the sleep you'd been so encumbered with, your reach out and run your fingers through silken hair.

A sleep smile, lazy and slow, creeps up the corners of your mouth. "Good morning." You grumble and there's movement beside you.

Then a wet tongue licks up your face. You open your eyes to a very excitable Winston trying to sneak in another kiss. And no Eddie. He must have left after you'd fallen asleep last night. Lips that had previously been smiling were jutted out into a disappointed pout now. 

Winston was wonderful to wake up next to, sure... But you wished Eddie had stuck around. 

"Well, good morning to you too, handsome." You tell Winston as you stroke over his head. He barks a few times and runs over to the door, wanting to be let outside to use the bathroom. 

So you get up and dressed, happy it's a Saturday so you could spend some much needed time with your furry baby. When you get downstairs to retrieve his leash, you bump into your dad in the hall. He must have been working today despite it being a Saturday because he was in a suit looking sharp as ever, hair slicked back and face clean-shaven. Except for... Oh, God. He was seemingly growing out his 'stache. "What the hell is that caterpillar on your lip, dad?" You laugh, making light fun of him as he sips a cup of coffee.

He shakes his head but his mouth was hinting at a responding smile. "Just... Trying out a new look. Is it awful?"

Aw. You felt kind of bad for poking fun at him at that. 

"A little. But you rock it." You snort, lying of course. Mustaches were for pornstars and old men in your eyes. Your dad was far too young to be donning one already. "Are you working today?"

"No, I just have a meeting this morning." His smile was gone, tone a little more clipped. It wasn't missed by you but you don't pry any further, simply shrugging it off with a short nod as you curl Winston's leash up in your hands. "Be home for dinner tonight. Six o'clock."

There was a distance to his eyes and you wanted to ask more, but Winston was already circling your legs excitedly. You clip his leash on and agree to your dad's terms. "Sure. See you later." 

You walked Winston all the way to Brenda's house and she squeals when she opens the door to you in her yellow overalls and white crew-neck. She looked simply adorable, curls pinned back and her outfit a beautiful contrast to the pink mini skirt and crop tee you were wearing. "Baby boy!" She dips and grunts as she lifts Winston up, who was squirming to get the best angle for kisses and fuss. 

"Hey, girl!" You greet, slinging an arm over her shoulder. Brenda invites you inside and takes you up to her room. Winston hops all over her bed not that she minded, and then curls up into a little ball for a nap while the two of you talk.

"So, how did it go with Robin?" You ask. You'd been dying to find out ever since she told you she was going to ask her to be her girlfriend. Sitting across from you on the bed, Winston's head in her lap, she bites her lip a little and sense of disappointment creeps up your spine.

"Well, I asked her while we were making out in her car..." She sighs. "She said she wants to, it's just... Difficult, you know? Because of our situation. She's nervous to put a label on it."

"Shit. I'm sorry, B." You really were. All you wanted was the best for her but she seemed to keep hitting obstacles at every corner. "What can I do?" She just shrugs, turning to lay with her head on the other side of your lap. You run your fingers through her finger curls and look down at her sad, pale face.

"We just got to let it play out. In our minds we're together, in a relationship, whatever... Everything else will come with time." She nods as she speaks if to assure herself and you do the same as if to back up her internal support system with your support too. "I just.. Wish things were different, you know? That we didn't have to worry about it all..."

"I know. But I love you no matter what, you know that, right? You and Robin are great together-- ooh-! Why don't we get out of town for a few days next weekend? Me, you, Eddie and Robin. A little double date, far from where anyone knows us." The grin on your lips was supposed to inspire enthusiasm but Brenda just groans and drops a hand over her eyes.

"I can't. I'd love to- don't get me wrong. I just have a trip with my family already planned, it's our annual camping trip. Remember? My dad already serviced the Winnebago."

"Right. Of course." You sigh, running your fingertips over her cheek. "But we'll plan something soon. It would be nice to see you both out together somewhere you're comfortable."

"I'd like that." She smiles at last and it soothes some of the heartache you had for her troubles. She was the most amazing woman in your life. She really did deserve all the happiness in the world.

-------------------------------------------

Brenda was kind enough to give you and your hairy son a ride home after the catch up. Winston had sat in the backseat the entire time with his head out of the window, fully enjoying the breeze through his flopping ears and fur.

You spent the rest of the day relaxing in your room, reading magazines and listening to some music. You also did some homework and extra credit work, which made you feel all productive and like you had your life together. It probably wouldn't last long, but you were very aware that graduation was only a few months away. Your grades were up and higher than they'd ever been so you were starting to feel confident you'd finally make it out of school, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Hence the extra credit work.

When dinner rolls around, you're already exhausted and not at all prepared to play happy families with your mom and brother. You hadn't even spoken to them since the argument a few days ago. 

Winston follows you down to the dining room and offers much needed emotional support as you take your place at the table. Your mom and dad sat at the separate ends and Jason sat across from you. The two elephants in the room ignore your arrival, as expected, but your dad offers up a tired smile and a short greeting. The mustache was still intact. Sigh. Looks like it was here to stay.

Dinner was adequate enough to eat but not nearly seasoned as well as it should have been. Mom's special. A beef roast that you didn't have much of because it was like eating stale cardboard - you'd just get some Chinese food later and take it over to Eddie's.

There's no talking during dinner but you can't help to notice the constant shared glances between your mom and dad. When you look at her, really look at her, you notice the extra stress wrinkles and bags beneath her eyes. Her hair is dull and her eyes looked sad, her lips pressed into a grimace when she wasn't stuffing roast beef into her mouth.

"Dad, what's going on?" You finally ask, the sense of dread in the air becoming suffocating to remain in without reprieve. Jason, who'd been wolfing down his food with all the grace of a starved bear, lifts his head at that, as if not noticing anything was even wrong.

Your mom bristles and your dad looks down at his empty plate. He clears his throat, looks at your mom. "I guess now is as good a time as any, Deb." His voice was soft, calm.

You watch as your moms jaw pops with tension, eyes avoiding your dad's at all costs. She inhales sharply and offers nothing but a curt nod after a few fleeting seconds. Your brows furrow, glace constantly flicking between the two of them until your dad finally speaks. He straightens and looks at Jason, then you. "Your mother and I are getting a divorce. We've decided that... Given recent circumstances... the divide in this family is irreparable."

"What?" Jason looked shell-shocked, fork hovering a few feet from his mouth, and you were sure a similar look was plastered on your own expression. Jason looks at you, eyes flaring. "This is your fault. You broke mom and dad up, I hope you're happy!" He points his fork at you. You envision burying it into those bug eyes. 

"Shut up, you--"

"Enough." Your dad cuts you off but he didn't seem angry. Just exhausted. "It's nobody's fault. This has been coming for quite some time, we just... Didn't want to admit it." He looks to your mom, lids lowered in his sadness. You think it was his decision from the way she looked like she was both furious and devastated. But he was still upset about it. Heartbroken, even. "I will be moving into a new place by next weekend. I understand this will be an incredibly difficult transition period and I want you both to know that, even though your mother and I will no longer be together, that I will always be your father. No matter what."

That's when it hits that he was leaving. Your heart thuds hard against your ribs, making you feel choked from the lack of breath. If he was leaving, who would be left to protect you from your mom and brother?

He notices the horror in your expression, the fear in your eyes. "Either one of you is welcome to come with me, though I think I already know what each of your choices will be." He says plainly. Jason was looking at your mom. You were looking at your dad. It didn't need to be said. The family would be divided into factions it was already in. That was abundantly clear.

But you were overwhelmingly relieved by the news he was willing to take you with him. 

This was your home, the place you grew up, and yet in recent years - and months especially - it had become a place you dreaded to come to. It wasn't home anymore. The only things that made it so was your dad and Winston, so if dad was leaving, well... So would you. And Winston. Hopefully.

"Thomas, please. Is there really nothing we can--" 

"The decision is made, Deb. We already signed the papers." He tells her, retracting his hand into his lap as she reaches for it. Was that what his meeting was for this morning? You wonder, brows furrowing in thought. 

She breaks into a sob then, dabbing a napkin to her cheek as she makes haste in getting up and leaving the room. Jason hurries after her, leaving you and your dad on your own. 

The look on his face is what broke you. He looked so defeated and it causes your lids to well up with unforeseen tears. They don't fall yet, but your lower lip trembles. "Dad?" Your voice was cracked and quiet but he hears it anyway, head quirking up so he could meet your gaze. "Was-- Was it me? I didn't mean for this, I'm so sorry. I didn't--"

"It wasn't you, sweetheart." He cuts you off to assure you, hand stretching out to dwarf your own as he takes it. He looks to the door quickly to make sure nobody was there, then leans a little closer, voice dropping. "I couldn't let them keep treating you like they were. Your mom is... She's not the woman I married anymore. What she said to you the other day.." He looks away, ashamed. "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I had to watch her do that to you a moment longer. You're just a kid. You don't deserve any of it."

A choked sob, his words warming the black hole in your chest as a single tear ripples free. He's doing this for me? You realise, but it only makes you feel worse once you note that it definitely meant it was your fault that your parents were divorcing. "So it is my fault?"

"No. It's hers. Theirs. Your mother and brother have been allowed to act like narcissistic, classist animals for far too long. I ignored it, delved into my work and pretended it wasn't happening for the sake of an easy life, a life expected of me." He lets go of your hand to sit back in his seat, straightening up. "You taught me that we don't have to follow social expectations. You taught me that being happy was more important than what everyone else in this goddamn town thinks of us. So thank you for that. Truly. Your steadfastness in the face of the bullying you've faced has inspired me to do the right thing for once. For you."

Your lower lip wobbles.  "I can come with you?" You needed to confirm it. If you had to stay in this house, you dreaded to think what your mom and brother might do in their revenge. 

Thomas's expression softens, a mix of pity and you think relief that you wanted to go with him. "Of course you can. I'm doing this so you can have a chance at the life you deserve without anyone dulling your sparkle, honey. I might not be the most present father, but I will always have your back from here on out. Is that okay?"

"Yes. A-And... Thank you, dad." You didn't have the words in truth. The gratitude you felt over your dad ending his marriage for the sake of your happiness and future was not something that could be easily articulated. You wanted to cry and scream and hug him and laugh maniacally with relief over finally being free. It was dizzying and electric, and yet deafeningly sad all at the same time. Such a big change. You were so scared.

But also, more importantly.

You were excited.

------------------------------------------------

(A/N : Brb putting in my application to become Thomas's new wife. )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 535 18
a collection of imagines about the loml, eddie "the freak" munson. requests are open!
27K 1K 72
You move to Hawkins to repeat your final year of high school after being sent to live with your cousin Dustin and Aunt after your Nan becomes too ill...
832K 23.3K 80
(Y/N) just moved into Hawkins for her senior year of high school and already she's being shown the ropes. After running into Eddie "The Freak" Munson...
2.3K 68 23
y/n wheeler fell for Eddie Munson the "freak" of the school. He was called freak cause he was addicted to DND and weird things. y/n never really met...