Masquerade [BANG CHAN FF]

By Anna_Hiwatari

Rich or poor, young or old, it doesn't matter. All you need for the big Friday night masquerade is... a mask... More

1. New teacher
2. First night out
3. Last normal weekend
4. First day at the new job
6. Kind Prince
7. Bedtime stories
8. Young noblemen
9. Dance lesson
10. Caught in a lie
11. Afternoon tea
12. Apology
13. Black magical cat

5. Excursion

407 29 41
By Anna_Hiwatari

Madeline's fear of losing her job because she talked back to the royal siblings was completely washed away once she stepped into the study room and saw the royal twins already waiting for her, sitting at their desks each.

"Good morning, Your Highnesses," she bowed, greeting them, wanting to keep her nervousness under control as much as she could.

Straightening up, Madeline was surprised to see the children standing.

"Good morning, Miss Simmons!" they shouted in unison and their loud voices took her aback.

But Madeline nodded and they sat back. She climbed the steps and stood on the podium, putting her bag on the floor by the desk. But then Prince Lucas raised his hand and Madeline nodded, permitting him to speak.

"Hannah got scolded last night!" he announced and Madeline's eyes widened, immediately looking at the princess.

"Lucas, you little rat! I'll kill you for snitching!" Hannah hissed at her brother but he just shrugged and leaned back in his chair.

"I am terribly sorry that has happened to you, Your Highness," Madeline sighed, looking at Hannah with her eyes and face showing sorrow and compassion.

"Spare me," Hannah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"My princess..." Madeline began again, coming down from the pedestal and crouching down next to Hannah's desk, "I am not your enemy," she spoke softly and the girl finally looked at her, still keeping her frown strong and protective guard up, "I am here to help you learn about many different things. I don't want to impose myself on you but..." she paused, taking Hannah smaller hand and placing it between hers. 

The princess was surprised by that gesture, her frown easing up as she watched Madeline's warm smile with wide eyes. 

"I want to help you as much as I can, be it in lectures or... in life," Madeline shrugged but then giggled, "I know that sounds a bit pretentious as if I'm moving too fast in this teacher-student relationship but a teacher is there to help her students overcome obstacles not only in learning but in life lessons too. How about this...?" Madeline tapped Hannah's hand before releasing it and standing up. 

She came between two desks, looking at both children, "At snack time today, let's not bicker. Instead," she turned to pull out a stash of papers from her leather bag. She waved them around, smiling big, "I intended to show you this yesterday but we didn't have time."

"What is it?" Lucas asked, already excited.

"These are some of the stories I remembered being read to me when I was still in the orphanage. I wrote them down for you," Madeline spoke and both children's mouths gaped open, "If we finish our lectures early, we can have enough time to read these."

"Oh, yes! I want that!" Lucas stood up from his chair, running out of his desk to hug Madeline, "Maddie, you're the best! Right, Hannah?"

Madeline and Lucas looked at the lone princess who seemed to have returned to reality, turning her gaze to the side. Madeline noticed a faint blush on the young princess's cheeks.

"F-fine... whatever..." Hannah pouted and her brother rejoiced, returning to his desk now eager to start the lecture.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

"Finished!" Lucas raised his arm, smirking victoriously. Hannah stuck out her tongue at him.

"I'm finished too," the princess spoke and Madeline stood up from her chair, coming down to take their papers.

She examined their progress on the new math problem she gave them.

"Hmm..." Madeline sighed, looking at Lucas's paper, "Prince Lucas," she stepped to him, putting the paper back on his desk and pointing at the numbers, "You missed a step here but overall, you got the right answer. Next time, take it slow and don't rush or you might stumble and get everything wrong."

"Okay," young Lucas nodded, his dark hair dancing as he did.

"Princess Hannah," Madeline turned, going to the second desk, "This is perfect," she smiled and Hannah's eyes grew wide, "Every piece of this problem is solved with precision. It only tells me that you're a precise and organized person, observant and diligent in your work. Good job."

Hannah watched her teacher in awe. Her small cheeks started blushing and she lowered her head, hiding behind her long bangs. 

"Thank you..." she mumbled in embarrassment.

"Can we hear the stories now?!" Lucas urged and Madeline chuckled, climbing the podium again.

"Just a bit more patience, Your Highness. I see you have to work on that," she smiled and he giggled, sitting back, "We will do a few more equations before we go on a break, alright?"

The children agreed, now excitedly pulling out their notebooks, ready to do more math problems like never before in their lives.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

The large clock in the castle's foyer echoed and the sound could be heard all the way to the study. Just as the clock struck noon, the door of the study opened and, just like yesterday, a butler and a maid came inside, carrying trays of tea and pastry. On today's menu was chiffon cake, paired up with fragrant Earl Gray.

But this time, instead of the king or queen visiting to check on their children, eldest Prince Christopher walked into the room, wearing his usual uniform and a small smile on his face. His eyes were on Madeline for a mere second before turning to his siblings, yet she didn't miss to notice his gaze. It was somehow... provocative.

"Big brother!" Lucas stood up first, running to hug Christopher, their hug resulting in mutual giggles.

"Hey there, you little rascals," he smiled, crouching down to correct his brother's uniform, "Have you two been good?"

"I have!" Lucas announced proudly and Christopher giggled again. 

Madeline stood straight but kept her eyes on the two brothers laughing and hugging. She noticed a dimple deepening the more Christopher laughed. She saw it before and she would always find it charming.

As that thought of her finding the eldest prince charming crossed her mind, Madeline lightly shook her head to snap out of it. She thanked the butler and the maid for serving her the cake and tea, looking at them just so that she wouldn't look at the prince.

"And Hannah?" but Christopher's voice tingled her ears again and her eyes instinctively went to him, "Have you been good during lectures?"

"Yes, brother," Hannah answered, her tone dry, indifferent.

"Well, you're timid... that's odd," Christopher tilted his head but then stood up, letting his brother return to his desk. He pulled his gaze to Madeline, "Just what have you done to these children, Miss Simmons?" he asked, putting his hands behind his back.

"I was merely teaching them, Your Highness," she answered, lowering her head.

"Yeah, but she put Hannah back in her place," Lucas spoke up, already getting his cheeks stuffed with cake, "You can say Maddie taught Hannah her lesson," he giggled.

"Lucas!!!" Hannah screamed at her twin brother but he just laughed.

"Oh, I see..." Christopher nodded, keeping his smirk on. He moved his gaze from his sister back to Madeline, "Nice work, Miss Simmons. Not anyone can handle them but, I guess, you're strong."

His eyes narrowed upon saying the last word, his brows slightly rising upward. Madeline gulped - Christopher didn't let her forget their encounter from last night. So, just like last night, she had to stand strong and not get affected by his provoking.

"Thank you for your compliment, Your Highness," she nodded her head again and he returned the greeting.

Their eyes remained on each other for a moment before a young boy interrupted the intense staring.

"Hey, Chris!" Lucas spoke up yet again, grabbing his brother's attention, "Would you like to stay? Madeline is going to read stories to us."

Christopher chuckled, shaking his head, "Unfortunately, I can't," he said and Lucas pouted sadly, "I came to check on you two but I need to head back to training. I'll listen to Miss Simmons reading some other time."

"Oh, has your friend from the orphanage recovered now, Maddie? So that we can get the book and you'll read us the other stories," Lucas asked, finishing his cake.

"Ah, I didn't have the time to call her but I'll do it soon, don't worry," she replied and Lucas nodded, picking up the cup and blowing on his tea.

"Well then, have fun you two," Christopher spoke up but his eyes returned to Madeline, "Goodbye, Miss Simmons."

"Goodbye, Your Highness," she replied, still standing her ground and not letting his flirtatious smile and eyes get the best of her. 

She knew how that happened during the masquerade ball last Friday and she wasn't going to fall for it again.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

Madeline read her childhood stories to the royal twins and was relieved that they enjoyed them as much as she did when she was their age. They giggled at the funny parts, gasped at the surprising bits, and got teary at the sad sides of the stories. Madeline was even happier to see Hannah relax and show her excitement about the mysterious tales.

"Couldn't the mermaid and the soldier be together?" Princess Hannah pouted, the tears that no one expected welling up in her eyes. 

Madeline smiled softly, "Unfortunately no," she replied, "they belonged to the two different worlds," she added and Hannah nodded in understanding, wiping away the tears at the corners of her eyes.

"But she lured other men with her siren melody... Yet she spared him..." Hannah sniffled and Madeline nodded again.

"Yes. Because she wanted him to live," the teacher responded, "She returned to the ocean but once she came back, years later after convincing her father, the king of the ocean, to make her human, the mermaid learned that her beloved soldier died of drowning in the lake - he searched for her although he couldn't swim," Madeline continued the story, "It is said that she didn't want to believe in what people have told her so she waited for him by the lake, singing day and night, hoping for his return. But he never came... Yet she waited and waited until her death, crying for him night after night. Her weeping was heard throughout the town and it's said that the weeping willow tree by the lake represents her, the broken-hearted mermaid who turned human. Her cries were heard even after her death but it's said that they stopped after a few years, meaning that the two finally reunited in the afterlife."

Madeline finished the story and the heavy silence filled the room. The children sat at their desks, visibly sad. Madeline sighed.

"That was one of the saddest stories but also one of my favorites," Madeline smiled, "I'm sorry that I have made you sad, Your Highnesses..." she lowered her head apologetically.

"I don't usually like romantic stories but this one was different," Prince Lucas sniffled, pushing a smile. "Why is it your favorite, Maddie?" he asked and Madeline smiled more.

"Because it makes me believe that true love exists... in life and death," she answered and Hannah sniffled now, raising her head to Madeline.

"Have you found your true love?" the princess asked and Madeline shook her head.

"No, not yet," Madeline replied and Hannah's smile grew wider.

"Which means that your soldier is still somewhere out there, right?!" the princess stood up from her chair excitedly, her words making Madeline giggle.

"Yeah, I hope so..." the teacher said and the knock on the door came.

The one who came into the room was Prince Christopher, coming in to check on his siblings again, and Madeline immediately stood up to greet him. He was still wearing his army uniform and Madeline gulped, averting her eyes from him as the thought of what his sister had just said flashed in her mind. Yes, Madeline's "soldier" was somewhere out there but it didn't necessarily have to mean that it was the Prince. She scolded herself mentally for even thinking that way.

"Hey there, you two," Christopher said, stopping by Hannah's desk, "Your break is over, it's time to start with the new lecture."

"Brother," Hannah turned to him, "Madeline told us a heartbreaking love story about a mermaid and a soldier, and guess what? The mermaid turned into a weeping willow that is still living by the lake," she talked excitedly, "I really want to go to Brethron Lake and visit it! When can we go?" she asked, her eyes sparkling in excitement.

Christopher glanced up at the teacher before returning his attention to his sister, "You would have to ask Father that."

"But I heard you are free this weekend, Brother. You can take us!" Lucas joined in and Christopher chuckled.

"I'll see what I can do to convince Father to let us go," he replied, "But we have to ask your teacher too," he stopped, looking back at Madeline, "Would you be willing to take us on a trip to Brethron Lake, Miss Simmons?" Christopher asked, a playful smirk appearing on his face.

Madeline gulped again. She scolded herself yet again for getting affected by his smile and dark eyes. She gripped her hands together, lowering her head again.

"It would be my pleasure, Your Highness," she said and Christopher grinned.

He looked back at his siblings, "Then, it's decided - if Father allows it, we're going on an excursion on the weekend and Miss Simmons will be our guide."

The children rejoiced. "We can even get the legend's book once we get there so we can hear more stories!" Lucas shouted and his sister joined him, both children celebrating their success.

Madeline had a strange feeling that this trip to her hometown wouldn't be enjoyable.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

Daily lectures that Madeline had every day with the royal twins progressed in a positive light - the children were attentive and participative each day, looking forward to snack time at noon for Madeline to tell them more stories she could remember.

Friday lectures finally ended and Madeline had just entered the small house she shared with her friend. She hissed when taking off her shoes, still not used to them, and went to the kitchen where Alissa, as always, cooked. A delicious smell hit Madeline as soon as she opened the old door.

"Oh, you're here!" Alissa beamed, happily strutting to the dining table, the delicious-looking roasted chicken in hand. "Our lunch is ready!" she chimed, placing a bowl of mixed salad on the table as well.

"Are we celebrating something?" Madeline eyed the roasted meat but Alissa chuckled.

"Something like that. I'll tell you later. You go wash up and come back. I'm starving!" Alissa whined and Madeline smiled, doing as told.

After their "luxurious" lunch, Alissa told her friend that she applied for a volunteering job at a research facility in the neighboring city, over the mountains. Two friends sat in the living area, drinking tea - one was smiling from ear to ear while the other looked flabbergasted, to say the least.

"What...?" Madeline uttered, barely blinking as she watched her excited friend.

"Yup! I'm going to a laboratory where we'll research all of the kingdom's wildlife. Oh, gosh! I'm so excited! It's just for the weekend but I hope everything turns out well and they'll eventually give me the job," Alissa giggled and Madeline pushed a crooked smile but then looked away, taking a sip of her tea.

"I know you will do great..." Madeline tried to sound genuine but the worry in her voice couldn't be masked.

Alissa scooted over, grabbing Madeline's hand and making the brunette look up, "Hey... I still didn't get the job... I'm still not leaving you..." She smiled but that smile faded away fast and Alissa lowered her gaze away from Madeline, "But if I get the job... I will need to go..." she sniffled and Madeline smiled wider, putting down the cup to place her other hand over Alissa's.

"I understand that nothing is certain but you shouldn't miss this golden opportunity - you studied your whole life to be able to work in a research laboratory," Madeline nodded and saw Alissa's eyes filling with tears, "And don't worry about me, I'll be fine on my own even if you move over the hill."

Alissa sniffled and hugged her best friend, "Thank you... your support means the world to me..." she sniffled again and Madeline hugged her tighter.

"I will always be there to support you... just like you supported me in my decision to continue being a royal tutor," Madeline sighed and they remained seated and hugging for some time before Alissa abruptly jumped off the sofa.

"I know! Since I'm leaving tomorrow, let's get ready for the masquerade ball tonight!" the blonde giggled and Madeline sighed.

"I'm sorry... I can't go," she said and watched Alissa's face go from excited to sad, "I have blisters on my feet, I'm barely standing, all because of those new leather shoes... You go and have fun."

Alissa came back to sit next to her friend, "But you'll miss seeing your Prince Charming..." she pouted and Madeline shot her a glare.

"First of all, he's not 'mine'. Second, I see him almost every day at the palace, plus I'll see him tomorrow. And third, my feet hurt!" she said but saw Alissa's mouth gape open.

"Tomorrow?! What's happening tomorrow!?" she gasped and Madeline rolled her eyes as that was the only thing her friend took out of her speech.

"I'm sorry I forgot to tell you but the twins want to go on a trip to Brethron Lake and, apparently, I'll be their guide while the prince will be their guardian..." Madeline talked, her voice even, almost dull.

She looked back at her blonde friend and saw another wave of excitement change her facial expression, "You'll be alone with Prince Christopher!!!"

"Shhhh!" Madeline scolded the excited female, "You're hurting my ears and didn't you hear me? His siblings are going, too."

But Alissa didn't listen, she just excitedly shook her friend on which Madeline shooed her out of the room and told her to ease her excitement by going to the ball while she gets some deserved rest yet Alissa didn't listen and stayed home, wanting to spend the night with her best friend instead.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

Two carriages were parked in front of the small house, waiting for two young women to say their last goodbyes before departing, each in a different direction. One last wave goodbye and they boarded the carriage each, Alissa embarking on her whole-day travel to the distant biological research facility and Madeline traveling to the royal castle where she will board another carriage for her trip with the three royal siblings.

It was exactly 7 a.m. when Madeline exited the carriage and saw the siblings lazily coming down the tall concrete stairs. The young ones yawned continuously while the eldest walked behind them, all of them dressed in more casual clothes. Madeline straightened her back upon seeing them but tensed even more when she saw Prince Christopher frowning, not sparing a single glance or a word at her.

"Good morning, Your Highnesses," Madeline bowed, clutching the handle of her bag. She straightened up again and only got a few yawns from the twins and silent treatment from the eldest prince in return.

The royals boarded the big carriage and a servant approached Madeline. He was a slim middle-aged man and introduced himself as their coachman on this trip. Then Advisor Adler came and filled Madeline in on the details.

"Miss Simmons," spoke the advisor, "Since this is a two-day trip, all of you have a reservation at the local hotel. I assure you that you will be admitted to their most luxurious rooms. Breakfast is here," he added, giving Madeline a big basket that felt quite heavy in her hands.

"Thank you, Sir Adler," Madeline nodded and saw two other men climb the horses, positioned behind the carriage.

"For security purposes," the advisor answered her unspoken question and Madeline smiled more, nodding in response again.

She said her goodbyes and climbed the carriage as well after the lackey put her bag among the rest.

Closing the door after herself, Madeline sat on the soft and elegant button-tucked white velvet seat across from the royal siblings. She smiled at the view of the twins snuggling close to their older brother, one on each of his sides, still quite sleepy. But her gaze traveled up and her smile dropped upon seeing Prince Christopher looking... angry?

He stared out of the window, his jaw clenched and eyes narrow. His arms, dressed in a black jacket, were crossed in front of him, and his soft-looking blond hair which was usually styled elegantly now looked unkempt and messy. Madeline thought that, just like his younger siblings, he too was feeling tired and sluggish so she decided to remain silent until the tension in the small compartment eased.

The children fell asleep, and Madeline and Christopher kept watching the early autumn scenery unfold before them as the coach rode down the concrete road. Brethorn Lake was an hour away from the capital by carriage. However, the time seemed to pass slowly, as if the sand grains were stuck in the small passage of the hourglass.

Madeline distinctively looked at the prince, moving only her eyes while keeping her head turned to the window on her right. She wanted to make her stare seem as discreet as possible so she even calmed her breathing, afraid he might hear it. And Madeline was right about that because her heart thumped in between her expanding and contracting lungs the more she observed the blond handsome prince.

The morning sun rose higher up in the sky, seeping through the windows of the carriage, making Christopher's blond hair shine more, his fringe that fell over his eyes glistering in the sunlight. But then Madeline's gaze moved to his eyes and she struggled to keep her breath silent - under the long lashes were sharp and dark eyes, some kind of annoyance swirling in them. That annoyance was also reflected in the clench of his chiseled jaw, the muscles of it twitching every few seconds. From his jaw, her eyes moved to his lips and Madeline noticed the fullness and softness of them, which made her choke on her breath and start coughing, making Christopher finally look at her.

But he only frowned slightly and Madeline apologized, not able to meet his face again.

"Would... would Your Highness like to... to have your breakfast?" she stuttered, rummaging through the basket.

"No."

His short answer stopped her hands and Madeline covered the food back with the cloth it was previously wrapped with.

"You can eat if you want," he said and she shook her head, slowly moving her head and eyes up to look at the prince.

"Thank you but I'll decline," Madeline smiled, fighting her hunger with curtsy.

But her stomach didn't share her will and politeness and it rumbled, the sound being a tad bit louder than the echoing of the wooden wheels against the road. Madeline's face heated instantly, the blush covering her cheeks spreading like wildfire all over her pale face. She lowered her head again, the knuckles of her fingers whitening as she gripped the basket in her lap hard in embarrassment.

A faint mocking chuckle came from the prince and Madeline closed her eyes behind her round glasses, now more than ever not wanting to meet his face.

"You should eat," Prince Christopher grunted, stretching his neck, "If you're that embarrassed, I'll close my eyes."

He leaned back in the white velvet seat, crossed his arms in front of him, and threw his head back, closing his eyes just like he said.

"W-what about you, Your Highness?" Madeline asked, sneaking a look at him, seeing the prince twisting his mouth and letting out a tired sigh.

"I don't have an appetite for Lydia's sandwiches, although they're the most delicious ones I have ever eaten..." he replied, opening one eye to look at Madeline, "I wholeheartedly recommend them."

"But it would be rude if I..."

Madeline's words were cut short with an annoyed grumble and Christopher's arm stretched in front of her. With one move of his fingers, he asked for Madeline to give him the sandwich and she hurriedly took one and placed it in his hand. Christopher unwrapped it from the cotton fabric and bit hard on it, stuffing his cheeks with a mix of bread, cheese, lettuce, and ham.

"Eat. Now." 

His words came out demanding and stone-cold so Madeline gulped and took one wrapped sandwich, biting into it carefully and slowly.

"Good, right?" the prince cocked a brow and Madeline nodded, chewing on the bite while looking at the floor and tips of the prince's boots.

"Truly delicious... Just as you said..." she muttered, carefully looking up at him again.

The prince just nodded and they continued eating in silence while the royal twins peacefully slept, snuggling close to their brother. And the more time passed, the more Madeline felt as if the previous tension she felt since that morning dissipated but fractions of it were still present as Christopher's face still showed some sort of anger.

"I..." Madeline started, making the blond prince look up at her and meet her sorrowful and apologetic eyes, the brown in them glistering as if she was ready to cry, "I am sorry if I angered you in any way, Your Highness..." she lowered her head and he scoffed, crossing his arms again and leaning back.

"You didn't, don't worry," his smile didn't match his light frown. But then that small smile dropped and his frown deepened, "Just don't talk to me."

Madeline frantically nodded and looked away for an unknown time since they boarded the carriage. She looked out of the window again and her hometown could be seen in the distance, making her heart beat a bit faster as she was getting close to meeting her friends again, walking down the familiar roads, and seeing the friendly faces of townspeople. 

She couldn't hide her excitement as the smile widened on her face, knowing that she would have another opportunity to taste the freshly baked pastries of Madam Arabela, smell the flowers that Miss Julianna took gentle care of and sold at the market, drink the fragrant tea served by Stephan, the young man running a small family café, and share her experience with her orphanage friends Isabella and Eva.

Thought of sick Isabella came to her mind and her smile faded away as she remembered that her friend lived her days of helping children while having poor health. Isabella was five years older than Madeline but always appeared more mature, holding the role of a perfect and caring older sister to many tenants of the orphanage. Madeline's childhood memories of how Isabella read to her and a bunch of children the stories from the forbidden book replayed in her mind, a chuckle escaping as she remembered how they had to hide the book from the strict orphanage headmaster.

"You seem to be having fun with your thoughts."

Madeline flinched and was pulled back to reality by the prince's voice and chuckle.

"Reminiscing the past or something?" Christopher raised a brow, keeping that smirk on his face.

The tension that previously radiated from him seemed to have completely vanished now that he was smiling. So Madeline smiled as well and nodded, a sigh following as the carriage entered the small town.

"Yes..." her smile grew a bit and, for the first time, she didn't fight her nerves to look away from the blond prince. "Many great memories tie me to this town," she let out a small giggle, "It has been a struggle living in an orphanage but I always try to remember the good before the bad."

Christopher nodded, pursing his lips and looking out of the window as the carriage rode down the main street of the town, "Lucky you..." he said quietly but Madeline heard him well.

The unreadable tone of his voice as he said those words sparked a thought in her mind. She wondered how the prince's childhood went and what he lived through but her next words came out unplanned, right after a scoff rolled out her mouth.

"I don't see why you need to be aggravated, Your Highness," her tone caught Christopher's attention and he stared back at her eyes that held a glint of anger, "Living in the castle, having a warm bed to sleep in and rich meals three times a day is certainly better than plain bread and water for days."

His jaw tensed yet again as his brows furrowed. Christopher uncrossed his arms and sat up straight.

"I must remind you, Miss Tutor, to watch the way you speak to me," he hissed yet her rapid heart pumping burning adrenaline through her veins and the frown on her face didn't ease up, "While I must admit that your confidence is surely admirable, I am not in the mood to debate whether my life in the castle and my upbringing were paradise compared to yours in the rundown orphanage," his cold tone and anger didn't daunt the young woman sitting across from him,.

"I came to this foolish trip as my siblings' guardian, not as the person you couldn't spill your unfortunate childhood to, hoping that your story would deeply touch me because I'm not the person you should seek comfort and understanding from," disgust seeped through his words, "And don't try to make yourself a victim here, seeing me as a bad person while you previously couldn't take your eyes off of my face. Your shameless gawking was only making me nauseous, hence why I didn't have any appetite and that sandwich tasted like sand." 

He fixed his posture, leaning a bit closer to Madeline after rubbing a hand over his black jacket. "Choose a different person to be your target on which you'll launch your anger, not me. Are we clear, Miss Simmons?"

The carriage finally stopped and the jerk of it woke up the sleeping siblings, both of them rubbing their eyes, feeling drowsy. The prince's last question was left to linger in the tense and heated atmosphere of the luxurious carriage's small space as he took care of his siblings, all three exiting the coach before Madeline who sat for a moment longer, processing Christopher's backlash.

She was now sure that this excursion to her hometown wouldn't be enjoyable.

╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸╸

To be continued...

A/N: Ooops... our prince is angwy hehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 13K 48
He's lurks the city for his next victim, he doesn't really have a pattern, but he kills whenever and where ever he wants. He's just like every other...
17.2K 668 22
Ever since the accident, things changed drastically for you. That night changed your marriage, your husband and your joy towards life. Now that every...
96K 3.4K 65
"If the world turns back on you, I would turn too and yell at them saying thank you for leaving because they don't deserve you" "You should just go w...