Just the Two Of Us(Newtmas)

By WecanBeLovely

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control... More

Welcome to the Glade
Something We Could Never Be
Escape Plans
The last Goodbyes
Is This Another One of WICKED's Plans?

I Get Thrown In The Slammer

252 15 2
By WecanBeLovely

"Hey, greenie, get up," I opened my eyes to see that I was still in the dead heads. I looked up confused at who's hand was on my shoulder. Chuck looked back at me smiling. " What a dumb idea, sleeping in the dead heads," I stood up. Did i dream what had happened last night. " Hey Chuck," I stood there akwardly for a moment. "What time is it?" I asked him walking out of the graveyard. " It's about 7.I would have woken you sooner but I couldn't find you, Newt told me that he'd seen you walk this way," So i had dreamed it. I has to admit, I was dissapointed. "Has he been acting weird to you?" I asked him once we'd made it back out into the glade. Chuck shrugged. "Newt's pretty weird," Was all he said. "You're one to talk," I joked and he laughed back sarcastically."ha ha," he said.

I ate my breakfast and headed to my next job, Minoh and Alby had left already to look for the dead griever. Newt wasn't there at breakfast, not like I cared though.

The day was going by normally,( as normall as it could get while living in a maze) untill alarms sounded. " That's weird," I heard one of the glaiders say. He ran towards the box, everyone, including me, followed him. " Two in one month, that's pretty weird," Newt walked up and opened the top of the box. " What's he look like?" People from the back shouted. I pushed my way to the front to get a better look. " It's a girl," Newt said. " I think she's dead," And then her eyes opened and she said one thing, "Thomas," and her eyes rolled back into her head. Everyone looked at me. " She has a note," Newt held it up and read it. " She's the last one ever," We all looked around. " What does that mean?" Some of the glaiders ignored the note and called dibs on the girl. " Nobody touches her! Get the med-jacks!" some of the glaiders ran to find the med-jacks, and not long after two boys came. Newt looked at me while they examined her, but when I looked at him he turned away. " I think she's in a comma," They finally said. " Come on, we need to get her inside," Newt looked up like he'd just remembered something. " Everyone back to work! Thomas, I want to speak to you," I stopped in my tracks and sighed. I was hoping he wouldn't say that.

" What?" I asked him when he was ready to " speak to me." Newt rolled his eyes," I think you bloody know what," I did but I didnt say anything. " Look, that girl recognized you, do you recognize her?" I thought hard about what the girl looked like. " No," I said. " I don't," Newt sighed. " If you remeber anything, Anything, I want you tell me. Promise?" he had both hands on my shoulders. "Look I-" Newt cut me off. " Promise me, Tommy," I knew he wouldn't let up. " I promise," He smiled and ruffled my hair. " Good that. Now get back to work," He didn't say a thing about our talk last night.

The day passed by, Minoh and Alby still hadn't come back. " Do you think they'll make it?" I asked Newt as we stood by the West door. " No, the doors wil be closing soon," He said sadly and walked away.thedoors had begun closing now. "Newt!" I called seeing Minoh carrying Alby. I ran forwards to help them. "Thomas!" Newt ran towrads us.Newt and Minoh made it back inisde the glade but the doors where too close togather for me to fit though. " Thomas!" Newt called from the other side. I staired at him as he ran towards me. Barely slipping though the small gap. " Are you stupid?!" He yelled at me. " What? I wasn't going to leave them to die!" Newt ran a hand though his hair. "No, you've just gotten us killed!" I looked at him angry. "You got yourself killed! I never told you to come running in after me!" I was angry now that he had ran after me. "Whatever," He said sliding down one of the walls. "What are you doing?" I asked him looking around at ways we could survive the night. Running wouldnt be a good option becouse of Newt's limp, but maybe we could climb the walls.

"What's it look like I'm doing?" He asked. "We can't just give up," I told him scouting the walls and pulling on some of the vines. Just then a red light illuminated the dark. "Come on," I told Newt grabbing his arm. "We're going to die anyway," he said running with me. "Just shut up," I told him turning a corner. The griever didn't turn with us and kept on running. "Your bleeding," Newt said examining my leg. I hadn't even noticed until then " yeah," i said as four more grievers pilled into the corridor we where in. " crap," I said turning to run. "I have an idea," newt said taking the lead.

We turning this way and that until we reached a cliff. I hid behind one of the walls, newt on the one beside me. The grievers tried to slow down but had gained to much speed and they fell right off the cliff. I smiled in happiness. " you're a genius!" I said to Newt. I looked over at him in the darkness. " I know," was all he said. I slid down the wall. For the first time since Bens banishment, I cried. "Tommy?" Newt called. "Yeah?" I asked him. I heard some shuffling and then I felt a thumb wipe away my tears. " I'm sorry," Newt said beside me. " what for?" I asked him confused. "Everything," I looked over at him to see that he was only three inches from my face. " don't be," I told him, noticing that he was leaning in. This time I wasn't for sure if I was dreaming or not, but I kissed him back. Anyway.

When he pulled away, I pinched my arm to make sure that it was real. "How is your leg?" I lifted up my pants leg. " you're loosing a lot of blood, Tommy," Newt said tearing off a bit of his shirt and tying it around my wound to stop some of the bleeding. "Thanks," I told him looking over the edge of the cliff at the pit of darkness. " we're gonna make it, Tommy," I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder pushing me into him. "We're going to make it out of here," he said again. To be honest, I didn't want to think about that. I just wanted to be back in the glade with Newt. I just wanted us to be together.

Morning finally came, and we ran back to the glad. Med-jacks came and took me and Newt to where they keep the injured. I fell asleep on one of the beds, while they attended to my leg.

Newt! He's awak!" I looked over to see Chuck sitting beside me in a chair. "Gosh, Chuck," I said sitting up rubbing my ear. Sorry he said appologetically. " I'm just so glade you're awake! We thought you werent going to wake up," He said happily as Newt came in. "Hey," I said to him as Chuck helped me up. "Hey," He said coming around the bed to help Chuck and I. " I'm so galde you're up," Newt whipserd in my ear sending shivers down my spine. "I-uh," Just then I lost my blance and Chuck and Newt caught me. " Maybe you should get back in bed," Chuck said but I shook my head. "No, I'm fine," I managed to walk the rest of the way to the door without falling. "How are you feeling?" I asked Newt. " Better than you look," He laughed and i pushed his shoulder. "Funny," I said.Newt smiled at me, which made me melt." How's Alby doing?" Everyone whent quiet. "Um, He was stung, he hasn't woken up yet," Newt told me leaning against the door frame."And the girl?" He shook his head. I stood there for a moment untill my stomache growled and I walked past Newt.

"Where are you going?" Newt and Chucked walked out after me. " I'm hungry," I said obviously. Newt grabbed my hand as we walked, I noticed Chuck give us a curious glance but he never said anything. "We could have braught you something," Newt said looking at Chuck, who nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah," He said. "Weel, It's too late now," I told them walking towards the kitchen, Newt's hand still in mine. Once we sat down Chuck finally asked, "So, uh, like, are you two, like," He looked at us. "Dating?" He finished. I looked over at Newt waiting for him to explain. " I dont know," He shrugged looking back at me. "Well, we're just as confused as you, Chuckie," I told him stuffing my face with food."Slim it, Tommy," Newt laughed.

"So, is there going to be a gathering over this?" Chuck asked. "Duh, Chuck. It's going to be today, acctually," I sighed. "Don't worry Tommy, I won't let them do anything to bad to us," He winked at me. I opened my mouth to say something but I noticed that Clint, one of the med-jacks, was running towards us. "It's the girl, She's awake," Newt stood up immediatly, and started walking towards the homestead, Chuck and I following close behind.

"She won't let anyone in," Newt ignored Clint and knocked on the door. "Go away!" A voice called. Newt tried to open the door but it was locked. " Shucking girls," I smiled and walked up knocking on the door. "Hey," I said softly. "It's Thomas," We heard shuffling and the lock turning and then the door swung open. A girl with black hair held a knife at me. "Just you," She said. I knodded slipping in quickly before she shut it back and locked it. "Hi," I said akwardly. " Why can't I remember anything?" A voice said in my head. "How did you do that?" I asked her shocked. "I dont know. Now answer my question," Bossy. " I don't know, none of us can," She looked at me as if debating weather or not i was lying. " Teresa," She said. "My name is Teresa," She said again. "Teresa," I said testing it out on my tongue. Teresa nodded her head. " What about the note you came up with?" I asked her. She looked at me confused. "What note?" She asked. " You came up with a note, it said that you where the last one ever," She looked at me onfused and shrugged. "I don't know," She whent over and sat down on the bed. " What's that on your arm?"

"WICKED is good," She read to me. "That was the onlything I could remeber, i wrote it down incase I forgot it," She explained. "What do you think it means?" I asked her but she shrugged again. "I-I don't know," We heard a voice on the other side of the door tell us that Alby was awake. I walked over and unlocked the door to see Newt standing infront of me. He looked at me and then Teresa. "Come on," He told us leading us two doors down from Teresa's. We walked in to see Alby sitting on the edge of the bed. "Hey,"Newt said softly. Alby looked over at him and then he saw me behind him. His teary eyes whent cold. "You shouldn't be here," He said more tears slipping past his eyes. "Traitor! You and the girl!" He screamed and Clint escorted us out. "What was that all about?" Teresa asked. " I don't know," I said walking past Teresa and out of the homestead.

"Hey!" Teresa called after me. "What is this place?" She asked me. I just wanted her to leave me alone, but I remebered what my first day here was like and how confused and scared I was. "We call it the Glade," I said walking towards the dead heads."Why where we sent here?" I sat down on the forest floor, Teresa doing the same. " I dont know. Nobody does," "What happened to the Alby guy?" I looked over at her. "He got stung by a griever," I explained hoping that she wouldn't ask any more questions. I looked away from her. "I think that's enough q's for now," I told her leaning my head against the tree bark, hoping that she would get that I just wanted to be alone and leave. But she didnt leave, not untill Newt came and told her that he wanted to speak to me alone.

"We're having the gathering. Alby will be there," I sighed leaning my head back on the tree. "Hey, I'm getting punished too," Hesaid wrapping his fingers around mine. "Come on," He said pulling me up with him. "At least give me a kiss," I told him pouting when he said no. I pulled him back and kised him anyway. Newt leaned back. "Come on, Tommy," He said.

The gathering took ages. In the end, Newt and I got one day on the slammer with no food, and Newt made me a runner. That is where I am currently sitting, in the slammer. "Hey," I heard a high pitched voice say behind me I turned around to see Chuck. "Hey," I walked up to the bared window and saw Chuck and that  he had a sandwhich with him. "Having fun?" He asked handing me the snadwhich. "Lot's," I said mouthing a thank you. "Do you think we'll ever get out of here?" Chuck asked me. "Of course we will," He was silent for a few moments. " Do you think our parents miss us? Do you think there are crying?" The darkness made it hard to see his face really good, but i could hear him stiffling. " Yea, i bet that they're crying their brains out, Chuck," He sniffled again. "Yeah," He stood up. "I'll see you later," He bagan walking away. "Chuck!" He turned around. "Yeah?" "I promise, we will find a way out. We'll find your parents. I promise," He smiled. "Thanks, Thomas," And he turned around. "See you later!" I smiled. "Good night!" I called back digging into my sandwhich.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 20K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 40.2K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
6.5M 179K 55
โญ๏ธ แด›สœแด‡ แดแด๊œฑแด› ส€แด‡แด€แด… ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€ แดกแด€ส€๊œฑ ๊œฐแด€ษด๊œฐษชแด„แด›ษชแดษด แดษด แดกแด€แด›แด›แด˜แด€แด… โญ๏ธ สœษชษขสœแด‡๊œฑแด› ส€แด€ษดแด‹ษชษดษข๊œฑ ๊œฑแด ๊œฐแด€ส€: #1 ษชษด ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€ แดกแด€ส€๊œฑ (2017) #1 ษชษด แด‹สสŸแด (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...