Red And Beyond (Camren)

By RedLightKordei

Lauren Jauregui finally starts her senior year of high school. Being on the softball team doesn't stop her fr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7 (Part 1)
Chapter 7 (Part 2)
Chapter 8
Opinions!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Bfjeicjficjfj
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 19 (Part 3)
Chapter 20
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
New Fanfic?(:
Updating
AN (important)
YAAAAY
Chapter 21 (Part 1)
50 Shades of Jauregui
Shameless Promo

Chapter 11

7K 170 50
By RedLightKordei

Camila's POV

Lauren finally answered, "no."

I felt my heart shatter, and I couldn't breathe. The tears in my eyes built up, but I felt so numb that I couldn't force it out.

I stared at the floor blankly. It felt as if my hearing had suddenly gone. My vision began to get blurry.

I was hurt.

I was snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of the TV turning on. All of us turned our heads to face the large television at the corner of the room. I looked over to see that Lauren's dad had been on the sofa with the remote in his hands.

At first I thought we were gonna go through some paranormal stuff. But its nice to know that the Jaureguis household isn't full of ghosts or something.

"On Saturday, a fire broke out at the city art gallery. Witnesses say they are scarred from what they had experienced. However, the fire was declared suspicious by police. They are now looking for suspects who were related to the woman who passed away in the fire. Her daughter was safely rescued by a teen who was also trapped in the fire. The health of the little girl is considered stable, she arrived at her foster home just this afternoon."

I immediately felt the need to look at Lauren. I saw her already staring at me. She smiled then looked back at the TV. Just then Chris broke the silence, "I wonder why they think its suspicious. Fires happen. People die. Its life. You just need to move on. I do feel sorry for Sarah though, poor kid." He seemed to be sincere about what he said. But he was right.

Just then, my thoughts were once again cut off by the sound of the answering machine, we all looked over at the phone,

"Hey Mike and Clara. We'd ask you to bring Lauren into the police station for questioning tomorrow. Just a typical procedure. Nothing to be worried about. And we ask her to bring Camila with her if that's okay. See you tomorrow."

The voice of one of the officers from the hospital earlier had filled the room. I looked at Mike who swiftly nodded, then at Lauren who nervously fidgeted with her fingers.

"There's nothing to be worried about girls. They said it's a typical procedure. This will all blow over soon." Lauren's dad said, Lauren's features seemed to relax after.

Soon the rain stopped and I headed home with Ally.

--

Lauren's POV

I woke up at noon the next day. Skipping school was necessary considering I had to go to the police station. But I was beyond nervous. It was scary. I know that I wasn't considered some kind of suspect or anything, but it terrified me to be in a police station.

I remember at a young age, I promised my mom I'd never end up there. Although, I'm there against my will. I know I didn't do anything wrong.

I hopped into the passenger seat of my car. "Don't be nervous kiddo, there's nothing to be nervous of." My dad spoke, his words always calmed me down. I held onto my breath as we stopped by Camila's house. She was already waiting for us. She opened the back door and nodded as she sat down.

"Thanks for the ride Mr. Jauregui. Nice to see you today Lauren." She politely smiled. My heart melted. She was so cute no matter what she said or did. My dad just nodded into the rear view mirror.

Once we arrived at the police station, my dad sighed, "don't say anything stupid. Be honest. And if you get nervous ask for water. That's my best advice." Me and Camila glanced at each other then left the car.

"Is that Sarah?" She smiled widely as we spotted a little figure talking to an officer. "I guess it is. I missed that little cutie." I said before I ran in and to Sarah. She looked up and examined me and Camila. She then jumped into my arms before I could process what was happening. I finally hugged back, "how are you doing?" I softly whispered into the little girl's ear. She pulled out of the hug and gave me a big smile, "better now that I see you and Cammy!" She shouted. I laughed softly at her nickname for Camila. She then went over and began conversing with Camila.

"Lauren Jauregui, over here." An officer led me into a small dark, interrogation room. I held my breath as I sat down and stared at the glass of water that was on the table.

"Lauren, nice to see you. How are you?" Someone spoke, disturbing my thoughts. A tall man, with a uniform sat across from me with a notepad. He kept clicking his pen as he studied my face.

"Better." I mumbled. He was able to pick up on my answer then smiled, "great. Let's get started. I'm going to ask you a couple of questions, and I need to you answer as honestly and best as you can." He said. I nodded and shifted to make myself more comfortable in my chair.

"Is it true that you were in the bathroom when you discovered the fire?" He asked.

"Yes I was." I answered. So far, if the questions are all like this. It'll be pretty easy to answer them.

"Were you with anyone?" He asked as he jotted down some notes.

"Camila Cabello and her friend." I answered. This felt a lot more like an interrogation as the questions continued.

"What caused you to separate from Ms. Cabello and her friend?" The questions seemed to become more targeted.

"I... Um. There was a flaming block of concrete that divided me from my friends." I stuttered. He picked up on my speech and began to jot some more notes.

"Why are you stuttering? Nervous?" He asked. He was getting more anxious on trying to crack me. But I began to answer in a more shallow way to defend myself.

"I feel like this is an interrogation." I answered. I felt myself grow more nervous, remembering my dad's advice I picked up the glass of water and took a small sip.

He ignored what I had said, and continued to ask questions, "where did you find the little girl?" He asked.

"In the security room." I answered, now more calm.

"What caused your hand injury?" He noticed my bandaged fist.

"I broke a window to save me and Sarah." I spat out. I knew what he was trying to do, and I'm not going to fall for it.

"Okay. Last question, is it true you asked one of the officers in the hospital about adopting Sarah?" That question caught me off guard.

I swallowed then answered, "it's true."
He nodded, "thank you for your participation. You can leave now." Surprisingly, he smiled.

I got up and left the room, searching for Camila. Just as I turned a corner, I bumped into a black haired boy with blue eyes, he apologetically smiled. "Sorry for not paying attention."

I looked at his badge, 'James', "no my apologies. Sorry James." I smiled softly. He laughed then walked away.

I had finally found Camila and Sarah chatting away with each other on a bench. Camila looked up and smiled once she saw me, "turns out that they don't need to talk to me. They said they got all the information they needed from you."

I nodded. Just then a woman walked up to me and Camila, "I'm here to take Sarah back home. Goodbye." She said rudely as she picked up Sarah from Camila's lap and walked away.

Sarah anxiously waved as she was pulled away.

"Want to go for some lunch?" Camila asked. I looked at her and smiled. "I'd love to."

______

Camila's POV

I got home at around dinner time. Hanging out with Lauren was a lot of fun. We went for a walk and stopped by a food truck. Then we went to the park and played soccer.

We talked until it became dark outside. It was perfect. She was perfect.

I opened the door and saw Ally fast asleep on the couch with the television loud. I walked over to her picking up the remote and turning down the volume.

"Camila?" Ally looked up with her tired eyes as she rubbed them. I smiled at how cute she always looked when she woke up. I sat next to her as she yawned.

"Something happened. And you're not gonna be happy. So before I tell you, please promise me that you won't freak out?" Ally seemed to be really serious. I looked at her sincere eyes and my heart began racing. I nodded for her to continue, "you're suspended from teaching for a couple weeks. The principal of the school you teach at called and said it was nothing personal, but he didn't want for the school to be involved in the current fire investigation going on. But you will be back before you know it."

My heart dropped.

Suspended?

Before I could say anything, I felt tears roll down my cheek. This isn't fair. I didn't ask to be in a fire. I didn't ask for this all to happen.

I felt Ally's arms wrap around me and hug me tightly. I could feel her warmth and it began to calm me down.

The phone began to ring, and Ally looked at it, "its Dinah..." She said before she answered it and put it on speaker.

Dinah: Ally? Is Camila with you?
Ally: yeah you're on speaker. What's up?
Dinah: Lauren's missing. We can't find her anywhere.

Ally looked over at me and quickly grabbed the phone, I felt the tension in the room grow,

Dinah: after her date with Camila she went home but then an hour later she was gone from her room. Me, the police, and her family have been looking for her everywhere but we can't find her. She's not with you is she?

I quickly grabbed my phone to check if I got any messages from Lauren, I called her but it went straight to voicemail.

Ally: where are you?
Dinah: at Lauren's place right now. Come over we're splitting up to find her. And I think you guys could help a lot.
Ally: we're on our way. See you in ten.

Ally hung up and grabbed the car keys, "she'll be okay," she said, noticing me panicking.

"I hope so."

A/N: I made this short and sweet. So here you go. Sorry for not updating the last couple days. I had major writer's block.

Follow me on Twitter: @/heyjaureguii

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

735K 16.7K 50
They both have some bad pasts. Camila Cabello, a new freshman at Miami University, meets Lauren Jauregui, a breathtaking Sophomore. They fall for ea...
1.3K 51 17
Camila Cabello a normal 16 year old in high school...well that's what she thought. Lauren Jauregui a new 17 year old student that recently moved to M...
1.1K 77 20
Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui from Miami, Florida both applied to Kensington Academy in England. They both get in and on their first day they me...
826K 21.4K 45
Camila is Miami Highs girls soccer team assistant. She's made fun of for no reason. But has the biggest crush on the soccer star Lauren Jauregui. Ho...