Danganronpa: The Inventor

Od SamM387

You've been accepted into Hopes Peak High School. However, things get weird as your put in a killing game inv... Více

Chapter 1: Welcome to Hopes Peak High School
Chapter 2: No Hope of Escape
Chapter 3: The First Investigation
Chapter 4: The First Class Trial
Chapter 5: Not Everyone is Trustworthy
Chapter 7: A Glimmer of Hope
Chapter 8: A Strange Search
Chapter 9: The Third Trial

Chapter 6: Second Investigation and Trial

120 0 0
Od SamM387

After seeing that the victim was Chihiro, everyone had met up in the girls locker-room in just a few minutes. Seemed like everyone was uncomfortable seeing Chihiro tied up like this. The only thing anyone knew, was that someone in the room was the one who killed her. 

The silence of everyone was then interrupted by the sound of something hitting the floor, you turned and saw Toko was passed out on the floor. Aoi was the first to check on her.

"Fukawa, are you alright?" Said Aoi

"Did she faint?" Said Yasuhiro

"It would seem so." Said Sakura.

Aoi would gently shake Toko and she would slowly wake up. Aoi would then help Toko up to her feet. Y/N noticed Toko looked Woozy and was using Aoi for support.

"I don't think Toko is alright to investigate right now." Said Y/N.

"I can take her back to her room so she can rest. Taka, can you help me?" Said Aoi.

"Yes, of course." Said Kiyotaka.

The three of them would then leave the locker-room. Just a few seconds later, everyone had received another Monokuma File. Just like with Sayaka, it gave information on Chihiro's death. The file stated that she was killed around 2 in the morning. The body was discovered in the girls locker-room on the second floor of the school. The cause of death was a blow to the head with a blunt object. Death was instant. Mondo and Sakura were then put in charge of guarding the crime scene like last time.

"Look at that dumbbell." Mukuro said to Y/N.

Y/N looked at the dumbbell and saw one side was covered in blood. 

"That sure looks like the murder weapon. There is also blood on the carpet, which does mean that Fujisaki was killed in here." Said Y/N.

Y/N happened to notice Kyoko going to Chihiro's body to examine it. Makoto and Byakuya joined her. Y/N looked around the locker-room more and noticed a bloodstain on the wall that read "Blood Lust". It sounded familiar him, but he couldn't figure out where he heard it from. There was also a poster of a girl in a swimsuit that also had some blood on it. 

"Hey, was that poster always there?" Y/N said to Mukuro.

"To be honest, I don't know. We didn't go swimming the other day when we saw the big gun above the doors. Why do you ask?" Said Mukuro.

"Just seems a bit odd." Said Y/N.

"Yeah it does. I checked the other locker-room and there was a poster of a boyband." Said Makoto.

He said as he walked towards Y/N and Mukuro. Kyoko, Celestia, and Byakuya joined the three of them. 

"That doesn't make sense. Find anything else?" Said Y/N towards Makoto.

"We noticed the rope using to hold up Fujisaki is actually an extension cord." Said Makoto.

"A bit odd to use that. Actually, this whole crime scene is odd." Said Y/N.

"How come?" Said Makoto.

"Why would the killer go through all the trouble of lifting her body up like that?" Said Y/N.

"That's because this is the work of Genocide Jack." Said Byakuya.

"How do I know that name? You mean that serial killer that popped up recently?" Said Makoto

"Curious yet? I'll allow you to aid my investigation. Follow me." Byakuya said to Makoto.

Byakuya would leave the locker-room and Makoto would follow him. Celestia would resume the investigation in the locker-room while Kyoko would also leave the room as well. Some of the other students would leave the room to investigate around the rest of the school.

"So, what now?" Mukuro said to Y/N.

"It might be best to investigate elsewhere for now." Said Y/N.

"But where should we look? This place is pretty big even if we're restricted to two floors." Said Mukuro.

"Let's check on some areas on the first floor." Said Y/N.

Y/N and Ikusaba would go to the other rooms on the first floor. However, it seemed like it was all for nothing as no other rooms they checked had anything for this case. 

"Seems like we can't find anything else." Said Mukuro.

"Well, we have some valuable information. Naegi and Kirigiri also seem to know what they're doing so we can also rely on them to-" Said Y/N.

Mukuro put her hand on Y/N's chest to stop him then pointed at Hifumi going into the changing room. It looked odd and suspicious, even though it seemed like it was impossible to be him. Both of them followed him into the changing room and saw him open the door to the baths.

"Hey Hifumi." Said Y/N.

Hifumi then freaked out and nearly fell over from being startled.

"Oh, it's you two. Don't scare me like that." Said Hifumi

"Sorry. We were just confused why you came here all by yourself. It looked a bit suspicious." Said Mukuro.

"Oh, I was going to check the sauna and see if anything was in there. You know, sort of like hiding something in the last place anyone would look." Said Hifumi.

"That's true, it would be weird to find anything here." Said Y/N.

"I'll go quickly check then come back and let you know if I find anything." Hifumi says then goes towards the sauna.

"Think he'll actually find something?" Mukuro asked Y/N.

"If he does then it'll help with the investigation." Said Y/N.

Hifumi then comes back a few seconds later, holding something in his hand.

"Did you find anything?" Said Y/N.

"I did. Behold! A digital notebook!" Hifumi  says holding it above his head with both of his hands like it was a rare item in a game.

"So something was here. Who's notebook is it?" Said Mukuro.

"That's the thing, I don't know. It won't even turn on." Said Hifumi.

"And it was found in the sauna, right?" Said Y/N.

"Yes, that's right. It was just laying on the floor." Said Hifumi.

"So the sauna was the reason it isn't working. Meaning our digital notebooks aren't as indestructible as we thought. Thanks Yamada. I'm sure this will be a big part in helping out with the case." Said Y/N.

The bell then rang, and Monokuma's voice could be heard throughout the changing room. Y/N looked around for a monitor but didn't see one, or a camera either. The room he, Mukuro, and Hifumi were in couldn't be observed by Monokuma. 

"I know the idea is that I give you all time to figure out who done it, but this is like watching paint dry. Enough shuffling your feet it's time to trial!" Said Monokuma.

Everyone had made their way to the elevator like last time, except for Toko. She was being dragged out of her room by Monokuma. She seemed to not feel well after fainting, but everyone did have to participate in the trial. Once everyone was there, they entered the elevator to the trial room once again. The feeling of despair filling the elevator as they headed down to the trial room.

Upon arrival, the trial room had changed from last time. The walls and décor was different and there were portraits of Leon and Chihiro where they would normally stand if they were both alive. Everyone made their way to their spots and Monokuma started to speak. 

"I'm sure you all remember how these trials work. So let's get things started by talking about the murder weapon." Said Monokuma

Togami and a few others had their digital notebooks out.

"According to the Monokuma Files, the victim was struck in the head with a blunt object, leading to what was most likely an immediate demise." Said Byakuya.

"Yes, but what could it have been?" Said Kiyotaka.

"Hey, I bet it was a metal pipe." Said Yasuhiro.

"No, that wasn't the weapon!" Said Makoto.

"Duh, right. What was I thinking?" Said Yasuhiro.

"There weren't any pipes at the scene of the crime so I don't think it was that." Said Hifumi.

"I think it might be safe to assume the bloody dumbbell was the weapon. It's the only object in the locker room that can be considered a weapon." Said Y/N.

"I agree. Additionally, the circumference of the injury matched the weight of the dumbbell." Said Kyoko.

"You... looked at her wound?!" Said Aoi.

"That's so creepy!" Said Hifumi.

Kyoko remained silent after saying that.

"Given the bloodstains on the carpet, I think it is safe to assume the crime was committed right there in the girl's locker room." Said Celestia.

"Let's move on to the discussion of the culprit. It is clear who the criminal behind this heinous act." Byakuya says confidently.

"What?! For real?!" Said Yasuhiro.

"You know who did it?!" Said Mondo.

"Obviously. Chihiro Fujisaki's killer is... Genocide Jack!" Said Byakuya.

"Wait a minute, that serial killer that was in the news. Whatever." Said Yasuhiro.

"That has to be a joke, right?" Said Mukuro.

"Yeah, that would mean one of us has to be that raving lunatic. That's crazy talk." Said Aoi.

"It's not as crazy as you think. Togami and I found a confidential police file on Genocide Jack in the library." Said Makoto.

"It called attention to reoccurring motifs throughout Genocide Jack's murders. Two rituals are calling cards in particular. First, Jack always leaves a message written in blood." Said Byakuya.

"Ah, that's right. Booblust!" Said Hifumi.

"Uh, no... it's actually Bloodlust." Said Aoi.

"The second motif is important as its never been disseminated to the public at large. Without fail, all of Jack's victims have been found crucified. Thus, having found Fujisaki in such a unique state, it's only natural to assume she was killed by the fiendish serial killer." Said Byakuya.

"So, you are saying that Genocide Jack is one of us." Said Celestia.

"Indeed, and she goes by the name, Toko Fukawa." Said Byakuya.

Toko was caught off guard and was struggling to say anything.

"Wha-Wha-What?!" Toko said while freaking out.

"Wait just a sec, Fukawa freaks out at the sight of blood!" Said Aoi.

"There is no way she can be the killer in this case." Said Mukuro.

"I can assure you she is, and isn't, Genocide Jack." Said Byakuya.

"Another riddle? Dude our lives are at stake." Said Yasuhiro.

While looking at Byakuya, Y/N noticed Makoto was thinking about something. A few seconds later, he got everyone's attention. 

"Yeah, that's got to be it!" Said Makoto.

Everyone then looked at Makoto.

"They mentioned in that file in the library. Listen to this, they think Jack is suffering from dissociative identity disorder." Said Makoto.

"I trust that will suffice." Said Byakuya.

"Y-You promised that w-would be our s-secret Togami. You said if I kept my promise... you would g-go out with me!" Toko said while still freaking out.

"I never said that. Now, be a good girl and let the person in question tell us the rest." Said Byakuya.

Toko then let our a loud scream then fell backwards. The thud of her crashing into the floor echoed throughout the room. After a few seconds, she stood back up. Almost like she was being possessed. What happened next was...

"Well, hello there. Was it me you were hoping to see?" Said Genocide Jack.

Her voice was completely different and gave off a dangerous vibe. Everyone was shocked by this sudden change in her.

"So, you figured out who I am. Well, whatever. What're you gonna do?! I'm the Super High School-Level Serial Killer Genocide Jack! Or better yet, let's go with Genocide Jill!" Said Jill.

"What the fuck is this?!" Said Mondo.

"What on Earth has gotten into you?" Said Kiyotaka.

"What happened was a textbook split personality." Said Jill.

"This new persona we're seeing is nothing like Toko." Said Sakura.

"And so we have found our killer. Chihiro was slain by Genocide Jill. She had clear motive." Said Byakuya.

"What would that be?" Said Sakura.

"We were given twenty-four hours to kill otherwise all secrets would've been revealed. Toko didn't want anyone to discover her blood thirsty alternate personality. It was her secret, a secret worth killing for." Said Byakuya.

"Not a bad theory. But, sorry. You're totally wrong, blondie! As much as I'd hate to admit it, I'm actually innocent for a change." Said Jill.

"Why should we believe a serial killer?" Said Sakura.

"Sakura's right. I'm not about to take some serial killers word for it." Said Aoi.

"We've established it could of been her, but are we certain she is our only suspect?" Said Makoto.

"Face it. Jill has a very specific modus operandi, and it matches this death to a T." Said Byakuya.

"It's close but not quite." Said Makoto.

"Then how does it differ?" Said Byakuya.

"I'll tell you! I murder with passion and conviction. I consider myself a professional and I have a very particular way of doing things!" Said Jill.

"She's right. What about the killing blow? All of Jill's other victims had been stabbed to death. Not a single one was bludgeoned." Said Makoto.

Y/N then looked at Byakuya and noticed he was almost impressed Makoto had caught that detail about the murder cases.

"Why go with blunt forced trauma when I can just grab some scissors and paint the town red?" Said Jill.

"The crucifixion didn't match the others either. Fujisaki was tied up with an extension cord. Jill normally pins them with the scissors." Said Makoto.

"Not just any scissors. They're my own specially designed scissors for murder and body arrangement. And... there is one more difference. What's the one thing all my victims have had in common?" Said Jill.

"Is it... all your victims were male?" Said Makoto.

"Bingo! Bull's-eye! Right on the money!" Said Jill.

"If that's true, then Jill can't be the murderer then." Said Y/N.

"Yep, I only kill adorable little men. I can't believe I said that, I'm so embarrassed." Jill says while blushing and holding herself.

"We're gathered here in the pursuit of justice. Your twisted kinks aren't germane to the issue at hand." Said Byakuya.

"Shut your hole, Ass-face!" Said Jill.

Byakuya was caught off guard when being called that. Y/N couldn't help but laugh a little bit.

"I stick to my style even if it means I gotta blow my damn cover." Said Jill.

Jill then takes out four pairs of scissors and stares everyone down.

"Where did those come from?!" Hifumi said as he was frightened by her now.

"I got more on me if anyone wants to go treasure hunting?" Said Jill.

"Give it a rest, crucifixion is your bag, scissors or otherwise." Said Mondo.

"Wasn't that why we thought it was the real Genocide Jill and not some copycat?" Said Aoi.

"Hold up, there is one person who about that detail. Byakuya." Makoto said then looked at Byakuya.

Everyone then looked at Togami.

"When we looked at that file together in the library, didn't you say that you had confidential police files just like those at your home?" Said Makoto.

"That is correct. I did say that." Said Byakuya.

"I thought so. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew about Jill's methods before we even got here." Said Makoto.

"So we're locked in here with a serial killer and a copycat?!" Hifumi said, still scared.

"You were privy to Fukawa's secret and hoped to pin your crime to her other persona." Said Celestia.

"So the adorable glasses boy did it? And he disguised it to make it look like I put my stamp on it? I'm on fire!" Said Jill.

"What have you to say for yourself?! Answer us!" Said Kiyotaka.

"I say where is your evidence. Tell me when I started acting suspicious." Said Byakuya.

"It was when we got to the locker room. You wanted to check the girl's locker room first, but since you're a guy..." Said Makoto.

"I should've naturally thought of the boy's locker room first, right? The victim was Fujisaki, a girl, hence why I said we should check the girls locker room." Said Byakuya.

Y/N noticed what Byakuya said didn't make sense at all. There was also something else about the case that didn't make sense, but Y/N ignored that for now.

"Nothing strange about that." Said Hifumi

"No. What Togami said doesn't make sense at all." Said Y/N.

"What are you talking about?" Byakuya said then looked at Y/N.

"You said you went to the girls locker room first because Fujisaki was the victim. That would likely mean you knew she was the victim before going the girls locker room." Said Y/N.

"Very good deduction. However, that is still not enough." Said Byakuya.

"You're not off the hook just yet. The extension cord used to crucify Fujisaki was not unknown to me. I noticed its presence in the library where you spent a fair amount of time prior to the murder." Said Kyoko.

"That's your proof. So what you're trying to say is I killed Fujisaki in the girl's locker room and then strung her up to emulate the victims of a known murder, throwing suspicion elsewhere and covering my tracks. Does that sum it up?" Said Byakuya.

Y/N was surprised by how calm Byakuya was. The feeling that something wasn't right about the case kept coming back to him. Y/N then thought about the crime scene and Byakuya more.

"Then how did you survive?" Said Mukuro.

"What was that?" Said Byakuya.

"Monokuma told me, Chihiro, Celestia, Sakura, and Hina that anyone who tried to enter the opposite genders locker room, they would've been shot to pieces. If you killed Chihiro in the girls locker room. How did you enter without getting shot to pieces?" Said Mukuro.

"That's right. I totally forgot about it." Said Aoi.

"So did I." Said Sakura.

Y/N thought about it more and remembered Makoto mentioned the strange posters in the locker room.

"I think I might be able to answer it." Said Y/N.

Everyone then looked at Y/N.

"I noticed the poster was of a girl in a bikini in the girl's locker room. Naegi, what was the poster in the boy's locker room?" Y/N said to Makoto.

"Seriously? Why are you talking about some posters? How disappointing." Said Byakuya.

"Um, it was a picture of some boy band." Makoto then gasped, like he realized what Y/N was getting at.

"Seems you understood what I was getting at, Naegi. The reason Togami wasn't shot to pieces, was probably because the murder didn't take place in the girl's locker room. Instead, it was in the boy's locker room. That would explain the odd posters. Additionally, there was also blood on one of the posters." Said Y/N.

"Not only that, there was also another piece of evidence. Ogami knows what I am talking about, right?" Said Makoto.

"You're referring to my protein coffee, aren't you?" Said Sakura.

"That's right." Said Makoto.

"Protein coffee?" Said Hifumi.

"When I finished my workout last night, I spilled it on to the carpet. However, when we discovered the body, the stain was cleaned off." Said Sakura.

"It wasn't cleaned off, it was in the boy's locker room. The culprit switched the carpet and the posters to trick us." Said Makoto.

"Are we sure that happened? If Fujisaki was going into the boy's locker room, the she would've been shot." Said Celestia.

"I know how she got in. She used Kuwata's handbook to get in." Said Yasuhiro.

"No, I found his and Maizono's digital notebooks in the foyer. His notebook was broken. It's useless." Said Kyoko.

"Also, isn't there a rule about using another students handbook?" Said Celestia.

"The rule in question prohibits the lending of the notebook, nothing about taking them. Still, it is like Kirigiri said. She had no way to get into the boy's locker room. Look's like Y/N and Naegi were wrong." Said Byakuya.

Makoto looked away while Y/N crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

"Sorry about that everyone. I didn't think that far ahead." Said Y/N.

"No, you two were on the right path." Said Kyoko.

This caught Y/N and Makoto off guard. 

"What are you talking about?" Said Byakuya as he seemed surprise that Kirigiri agreed with Y/N and Makoto.

"For the record, I never said Fujisaki had no way into the locker room, just that Kuwata's notebook was broken. Fujisaki did have a way into the boy's locker room." Said Kyoko.

"What do you mean?!" Said Byakuya.

"When examining the body, I made a discovery. Chihiro Fujisaki, was a boy." Said Kyoko.

Everyone, including you, was shocked to hear this. 

"You guys didn't know? Well either way, Kirigiri is correct! Chihiro Fujisaki was a guy." Said Monokuma.

"So he was cross dressing? That's... so... hot! I wish I had been the one that killed him." Said Jill.

"Well, it still doesn't change the fact that Togami did it right?" Said Yasuhiro.

"Actually, I think it does." Said Makoto.

"What prompted the change of heart?" Said Byakuya.

"While we were discussing the boy's locker room as the location of the crime scene, it seemed to rattle you. Also, when we all found out Fujisaki was a boy, you were as surprised as the rest of us. But the real killer already knew that, therefore you can't be the culprit." Said Makoto.

"I guess that works. Your evidence is purely circumstantial, but it clears my name. As theories go, it will do. It's exactly as Naegi claims, I am not the guilty party!" Byakuya said with a smirk on his face.

Everyone just stared at Byakuya in disbelief. 

"That said, I found Chihiro in the locker room, and tampered with the state of the body." Said Byakuya.

"You smug bastard, you get off on this, huh?" Mondo said as he was visibly angry at Byakuya.

"I was testing your powers of deduction, and unnerving the killer with this late revelation." Said Byakuya.

"You're still lying to us." Said Kiyotaka.

"You're well within your rights not to believe me, but don't forget what happens if you convict an error. If you wish to see tomorrow, help me find the killer." Said Byakuya.

"You smug, son of a-" Said Mondo. 

"So be it. Let's speak of the case further." Said Kyoko.

"Excellent, our little guessing game has found its second wind." Said Byakuya.

"Before we do, I think we need to clarify something first. It actually helps narrow down who the killer might be." Said Y/N.

"What would that be?" Said Mukuro.

"Now that we know Fujisaki was a guy, and the contents of the locker rooms were switched. We can now confirm that the killer has to be a guy." Said Y/N.

"You sound pretty confident with that statement." Said Celestia.

"Please explain." Said Sakura.

"Kyoko, you said only Sayaka's digital notebook was working right?" Said Y/N.

"That's correct. Kuwata's notebook was broken." Said Kyoko.

"Then none of the girls could gain access the the boy's locker room. But the guys could have if they grabbed Sayaka's notebook." Said Y/N.

"You do know that you could be revealing yourself as the killer right?" Said Aoi.

"I am well aware of that. Now, let's continue our discussion." Said Y/N.

"You say that, but I don't think there are any other clues that can help us lead to the killer." Said Sakura.

"Clues are one thing, but... did anyone get a look at the killer?" Said Kiyotaka.

"I'm sure if someone saw the killer, they would've said something by now." Said Yasuhiro.

"Perhaps someone saw the victim at some point." Said Sakura.

"Sakura is right, all we need is any kind of new info." Said Aoi.

"You want to know who saw the victim? The killer, and only the killer. And it is not like they're going to turn themselves in. It's game over!" Said Yasuhiro.

"No that's wrong. Celestia, didn't you say you saw Fujisaki on the night he died?" Said Makoto.

"Indeed, I did see him." Said Celestia.

"You did?" Said Mukuro

"I only told Makoto about this though. I saw Chihiro in the warehouse. He had a track jacket and stuffed it into a duffle bag." Said Celestia.

"Did anyone happen to find those items?" Said Y/N.

"No, nothing like that was found at the crime scene." Said Kiyotaka.

"The killer probably destroyed it." Said Sakura.

"Well, it doesn't seem like that is going to help much." Said Yasuhiro.

"On the contrary, I think it is more than enough to identify the killer." Said Kyoko.

"Are you serious?" Said Kiyotaka.

"Who is it? Who is the fucking killer?" Said Mondo.

"Are you sure about that? Do you really think we can figure it out based on two pieces of evidence we don't have?" Said Celestia.

"Maybe, if we make certain inferences. We just need to take the time to talk it out." Said Kyoko.

"That's easier said than done. But was there anything special about the bag or jacket, Celestia?" Said Aoi.

"The bad was just a normal duffel bag from the warehouse. All the bags are the same so there is nothing special about them." Said Celestia.

"If I remember correctly, there is a variety of tracksuits to choose from." Said Sakura.

"I don't even have a jacket, they don't fit me right." Said Hifumi.

"Mine's white, looks pretty good on me." Said Yasuhiro

"I got it. Chihiro picked a specific tracksuit because it matched the one the killer was wearing." Said Kiyotaka.

"So, what you're saying is the killer was wearing the same blue tracksuit, huh?" Said Mondo.

Y/N eyes shot wide open when he heard Mondo say that. He also saw Makoto and Kyoko look at Mondo.

"Well, looks like I'm off the hook at least. I'd grab me a black tracksuit." Said Mondo.

"Should've kept your mouth shut!" Said Makoto.

"What the hell bro, you trying to start something" Said Mondo.

"Owada... you just reveled yourself." Said Y/N.

"When we talked about the tracksuit, we never mentioned the color." Said Makoto.

"What... I-" Said Mondo.

"Hey Celestia, what was the color of Chihiro's tracksuit?" Said Byakuya.

"As a matter of fact, it was blue. But I never revealed that information to anyone, not even Makoto." Said Celestia.

"Mondo, how did you know Chihiro's tracksuit was blue?" Said Sakura.

"Ooh, I know! I know! It's because he saw Chihiro with it before he died." Said Jill.

"I just saw it by chance. He ran passed me to the locker room." Said Mondo.

"No, Celestia said that Chihiro stuffed the tracksuit into the duffle bag. So how could you have seen it?" Said Makoto.

"Wha-!" Said Mondo.

"It appears you have dug your own grave Owada." Said Kyoko.

"Now I get it. You said all that to put the killer on edge like Byakuya did earlier." Said Y/N.

"I see, so you planned that from the beginning." Said Celestia.

"Indeed." Said Kyoko.

"I didn't kill anyone! Why are you fuckers trying to treat me like a goddamn criminal!?" Said Mondo.

"That's right, Mondo would never do something like this!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Well then, may we present some new evidence then?" Said Y/N.

Everyone looked at Y/N.

"New evidence?! Please tell us!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Hifumi was the one that found it. So it's only fair he gets to reveal it." Said Y/N.

"Um... I don't see how much help it would be." Said Hifumi.

"You might as well reveal it now. It could help since it is important. If you won't then I will." Mukuro said a bit more seriously then normal.

"N-N-No, I'll say it. I found this." Hifumi says then takes out the broken digital notebook that he found in the sauna.

"Who's notebook is that?" Said Makoto.

 "I don't know. It doesn't work." Said Hifumi.

"Hey Monokuma, I need to ask you something." Said Y/N.

"What is it?" Said Monokuma.

"Are the digital notebooks weak to extreme amounts of heat? If so, then that would explain why it doesn't work, right?" Said Y/N.

"You weren't supposed to figure that out. But yes, its true. The components inside can't handle extreme amounts of heat and render them useless. That's the only way they can be broken. They can take a beating and are shock and water resistant." Monokuma says in a sad tone.

"Thank you, now we know the weakness. Hifumi actually found that notebook in the sauna. The culprit knew it beforehand and used the sauna to destroy the digital handbook Yamada found. Or, potentially both of the broken handbooks." Said Y/N.

"If that's true, then I don't know of anyone who took their notebook into the sauna." Said Byakuya.

"I might know someone who did." Said Makoto.

"Who did it?" Said Mukuro.

"It was Mondo." Said Makoto.

Everyone looked at Mondo, who had a nervous look on his face. Kiyotaka had a nervous and scared look on his face as well.

"Why do you keep accusing him?!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Mondo and Taka had an endurance contest in the sauna a few days ago. During the contest, Owada kept his clothes on the whole time. Afterwards, he discovered the digital notebooks are easily destroyed in the sauna." Said Makoto.

"No, your wrong! Mondo would never kill anyone! I don't accept this! Show me solid proof that he did it!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Let's test what Naegi said. If what he says is correct, then Mondo broke his own notebook." Said Kyoko.

"If his notebook is actually broken, then that proves what Makoto said is right." Said Celestia.

"Well my goddamn notebook works just fine!" Said Mondo.

"See? He is innocent!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Are you sure about that Mondo?" Said Makoto.

"What?!" Said Mondo.

"Are you sure that's your own handbook? With all the information we have, I think the notebook you really have is Kuwata's. The one Kirigiri found was yours." Said Makoto.

Mondo couldn't talk after that, he was struggling to figure out what to say. 

"You're wrong! You have to be wrong! Everything you said was wrong!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Taka, I think we've all reached the same conclusion except for you and Mondo. I know it is something you don't want to believe but..." Said Y/N.

"Hey, we still have time right? Why don't we discuss this from the beginning? Just to make sure everything makes sense." Said Mukuro.

"That's not a bad idea at all." Said Kyoko.

"Alright then. This will prove whether our verdict is right or wrong." Said Makoto.

Last night, Celestia saw Chihiro in the warehouse stuffing a tracksuit into a duffle bag. With the bag in hand, Chihiro headed out to the locker room despite it being officially nighttime. Chihiro then went to the boy's locker room. The victim, who everyone had thought was a girl, was actually a boy. This gave Chihiro access to the boy's locker room with the help of his own digital notebook. Once inside, he met up with someone, that someone was the killer. 

The killer grabbed a nearby dumbbell and attacked Chihiro. Bloodstains had gotten on the carpet and posters after the attack. The killer then swapped the carpets and posters of the two locker rooms. To get into the girl's locker room, they used Sayaka's notebook to get in. With the contents of the locker rooms switched, and confusing the crime scene for everyone else, the killer then left the room. 

However, it was far from over. Byakuya had discovered the body before anyone else and decided to tamper with the body to make the situation more complicated. After discovering the crime scene, he went to the library and grabbed the extension cord. He the hung up Chihiro's lifeless body using the extension cord. He also used the victims blood to write the message on the wall to make it believe that this was the work of a Genocide Jill.

While Byakuya was rearranging the crime scene, the killer had already began working on getting rid of Chihiro's notebook. To do so, they took it to the sauna and to destroy it. 

"Isn't that right Mondo Owada?" Said Makoto.

Mondo would once again be speechless.

"I don't believe this. Show me some proof! Actual proof!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Fine, all we have to do is check the notebooks to confirm they're ours. Once we do that we'll-" Said Makoto.

"We don't got to do that." Said Mondo.

"Huh?" Said Makoto.

"Yeah... I did it. I killed him." Said Mondo.

"Mondo...what are you saying?" Said Kiyotaka.

"I've got no choice, bro. After hearing all that, I gotta give up. Go ahead, Monokuma. Get it over with. Ask for the god damned verdict." Said Mondo.

"Wait! Please don't do this!" Said Kiyotaka.

"No waiting, it's time to vote. You know what to do!" Said Monokuma.

With that, everyone was free to cast their votes once again. Everyone seemed to get it over with, all except for Kiyotaka who couldn't believe that his best friend was the one that killed Chihiro. 

"Votes are in! Big surprise, it was Owada in the locker room with a dumbbell. Eat your heart our Colonel Mustard. Believe it or not, the vote wasn't unanimous. Ishimaru, voting yourself guilty was noble but stupid. Good thing the others had their acts together or you'd all be toast." Said Monokuma.

"I don't believe it. I refuse to believe it." Said Kiyotaka.

Mondo looked down and was silent. He was clearly upset that he did it.

"Why did you do it, Mondo?! Tell me why!" Said Kiyotaka.

Mondo would continue to stay quiet, looking down and ignoring Kiyotaka.

"Poor guy, must be something to traumatic to talk about. Guess I'll have to spill the beans for him." Said Monokuma.

Monokuma started off by talking about Chihiro Fujisaki. He had been made fun of for being weak and looking girly despite being a boy. After years of being made fun of, he had enough of it. Instead of fighting back, he decided to become a girl. That was his way out of it all. However, deep down he still felt weak. When arriving at Hope's peak, the game was basically survival of the fittest. If your not strong, you don't survive. When the secrets were used as the next motive, he decided to use it to motivate himself to become stronger instead of using it as a motive to kill someone. When he decided to start exercising, he thought it would be good to ask for someone's help. He had went to Mondo and told him the secret. Reason being was because bikers are known for the whole "my word is my bond" stuff. Mondo was the type of person Chihiro wanted to become. He thought Mondo's support would help him come close to who he wanted to be. 

Despite the fact that he killed Chihiro, he switched the contents of the locker rooms and moved Chihiro's body to hide his secret. Along with destroying his digital notebook, Mondo did it to keep the promise he made to Chihiro. 

While listening to this, it was now time to hear why Mondo had did what he did. It was his own embarrassing secret. He had killed his own brother. Mondo's brother had originally started the biker gang and he looked up to him. His older brother was his only family. Over time, he had become second in command of the gang. During that time, his brother was close to retiring and the gang didn't think Mondo would be able to lead the gang like his brother did. On the night of the retirement party, he challenged his brother to a race and was determined to do whatever it takes to win. However, when doing something reckless, he got his brother killed. His brother died in his arms after saving him. 

Mondo would lie to the gang about what happened to keep the gang together and keep his promise to his brother. The promise was to make sure the gang together no matter what. Mondo would continue to hide his weakness behind the lies he told the gang. Even when the killing game started, he knew he was just another weakling that could die instantly.

After hearing all of that, it was later revealed that Chihiro's new courage and strength had gotten Mondo jealous. Chihiro was willing to overcome his fears while Mondo couldn't even do it himself. Mondo was then enraged, thinking he was being made fun of. He then grabbed the dumbbell closest to him, and then...

"I crushed his head in. Because he was brave. I killed someone who came to me for help, someone who looked up to me. He was more man that I've ever been." Mondo said while crying.

Kiyotaka would cry by his side, not believing what he had just heard. Everyone in the room, besides Byakuya, Celestia, and Kyoko were saddened by this. The feeling of despair filling the room.

"I hate to interrupt this heartbreaking moment, but it's time for you know what?" Monokuma said with excitement in his voice.

"No...you don't mean... execution!?" Said Kiyotaka.

"That is exactly what I mean! I've prepped a little something special for our biker friend here. Spoiler, I think he is going to dig it. What do you say Owada? Get ready for hell on wheels!" Said Monokuma.

"No, please wait!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!" Said Monokuma.

"I SAID WAIT!!!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Sorry big bro... I couldn't keep the promise we made from one man to another." Said Mondo.

"Try not to mourn over your lost pal to deeply Taka. I'm sure his soul has gone on to a 'butter' place." Said Monokuma.

Kiyotaka's heart wrenching cries and screams echoed throughout the room. The entire class couldn't stand to see this. The realization that lives are meaningless to the person behind this killing game. 

"What a disappointing end to the game?" Said Byakuya.

Everyone looked at Byakuya, some more angry than others.

"You're insane. You think this is a game? One of our friends is dead!" Aoi said with tears in her eyes.

"And like I said before, it is a game. A game of life or death." Said Byakuya.

"Taka just lost his best friend, a man he considered his brother. And your just going to be an asshole about what just happened?" Said Y/N.

"I didn't think you'd be so defensive. We're all strangers, we don't anything about each other and that's that." Said Byakuya.

"I do have one question. Why did you go out of your way to disguise Mondo's crime?" Said Kyoko.

"Isn't it obvious? Because it made things more interesting. I happened to actually see Mondo walk out of the girl's locker room. When he was gone I saw the corpse." Said Byakuya.

Everyone except for Kiyotaka, who was still crying, was surprised to hear that. Y/N was now pissed with Togami.

"Mondo didn't even see me." Said Byakuya.

"So you knew who the culprit was?" Said Hifumi.

"Indeed, but it would've been boring if I just told everyone I knew who the killer was right off the start." Said Byakuya.

"And you used Genocide Jill after Toko told you about her to create a fake murder scene." Said Kyoko.

"If we hadn't figured out who the culprit was then you'd be dead." Said Yasuhiro.

"Which is why I would've revealed that information. But I also had a different motive for doing this." Said Byakuya.

"And what would that be?" Said Mukuro.

"To determine who would be a threat if I were to become the killer in the future." Said Byakuya.

Byakuya then glared at Y/N, Kyoko, and Makoto.

Y/N now knew that Byakuya had the intention to kill and potentially mess with the rest of the trials. With that, everyone headed back to their rooms. Y/N had walked with Kiyotaka back to is room since he was still trying to get over Mondo's death. When arriving at the front door, he finally said something.

"Th-Thanks Y/N... I'll see you tomorrow..." Said Kiyotaka.

"Hey, if you need to talk or anything, don't be afraid to come talk to me. I'm here for you." Said Y/N.

"Yeah... will do... thank you. I just need time to myself for now." Said Kiyotaka.

After saying that he went into his room. Y/N then went to his room to try and get some rest after another class trial.

Remaining Students: 12/16

End of Chapter 6

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.9K 48 48
Akira Inoue and 15 other students, who are ultimate students, go to a school known as Hope's Peak Academy. But, they don't know it is going to be a k...
4.6K 110 22
"So...let me get this straight. You want US to kill each other, so we can escape?" I asked as the bear nodded and laughed. "Yep! The last person stan...
10.5K 206 38
(Previously titled 'Never Be Back Where We Began') Already interested in Hope's Peak Academy, or more specifically the dark secrets the school had, h...
1.1K 28 7
Scouted by Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Strategic Mind, you are unexpectedly thrown into a killing game with the other ultimate students. The...