holy ground [j.h]

By bennettcaufieldinc

and right there where we stood was holy ground. More

coming soon
CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 11

669 19 9
By bennettcaufieldinc

(T H I R D  P E R S O N  P O V)

It was a beautiful morning in Boston, Massachusetts, and all was calm. The synced up alarms of Elena and Caroline went off, rousing Caroline, Trevor and Jack. Elena didn't even move, causing Jack to shake her.

"Lains, you gotta move." Jack whispered, shaking her awake.

"Leave me alone." She mumbled back, rolling away from him.

"Dude, Operation Bed Swap isn't over yet. Care and Z are counting on us. Let's move." He repeated, shaking her again. This time he was more successful and she sat up slowly, running her hands through her hair.

"I'll go check the hallway, text the lovebirds." She delegated the task to him as she trudged across the room to check out the coast.

Next door, the lovebirds in question had just woken up.

"This is probably my favorite roadie yet." Trevor yawned, tracing up and down Caroline's arm as she opened her eyes.

"And why is that?" She responded, readjusting her position in his arms.

"This hotel room has the best view." He teased, looking down at his girlfriend with an unmistakable smirk on his lips. His comment beckoned a smile from Caroline and she nudged him with her shoulder.

"Yeah, Boston is a beautiful city." She laughed and feeding into his idiocy.

"Not as beautiful as you." This brought a real blush to her face and their lips together, the perfect way to start the day. The only thing that could pull them apart was the buzzing of their phones on the nightstand.

New Message from Scooby Squad

Jack

Are you guys being gross or are you ready for this?

Trevor

We're being gross fuck off

Caroline

we're not being gross and is it clear?

Jack

Elena is checking, get ready to move

"Unfortunately I think our time is up." Caroline sighed and pulled herself off of the bed, Trevor following closely behind her.

"This is fucking stupid." He whined.

"You have morning conditioning and a game, I'll see you in between for lunch and then it's part two tonight." Caroline reasoned, continuing her walk towards the door.

"Not enough." Trevor stated simply and pressing his lips to hers.

"Okay, okay, coast is seemingly clear. I'll see you in a bit." She pecked his lips one more time and reached for the door, but heard the voice of Elena in the hallway.

"Johnny? What the fuck are you doing up?" Elena said as nonchalantly as she could manage, panic setting in.

"I grabbed coffee for you two, Jack, Z, Turcs and Cole." He said, and Caroline immediately went into panic.

"What do we do?" She asked Trevor with horror in her eyes, which he reciprocated.

"Nothing. We just shut the fuck up and do nothing." He whispered, snapping the dead bolt on the door.

"Beecher coming through!" Cole's morning voice rang through the hallway as he opened his hotel door too. "Turcs, Starbucks. Let's move."

"Okay let me hand these first ones out. Lains, Jack Cole, Turcs." Johnny distributed the drinks before turning back to Elena. "Where's Care? I got her the chai shit she likes."

"I'll bring it into her." Elena said and started to reach for it, but Johnny pulled the cupholder back.

"Is she in the room? She had to have woken you up, this is ungodly hours for Elena Cameron." He said quizzically, causing both Elena and Jack to shift uncomfortably. Johnny looked between them and noticed the room key poking out from the pocket of Jack's sweatpants. "Where did you come from?"

"What do you mean? My room?" Jack said nervously, trying his best to contain his fear.

"Holy shit. Holy shit." Trevor mumbled as Caroline paced the room.

"This is so bad. So bad. What do we do?" Caroline whimpered, running her hands across her face.

"Just calm down. It's gonna be fine." Trevor reassured her, but his voice shook as he spoke.

"Why do you have your key if Z is still in your room?" Johnny asked, tilting his head in confusion. He took a step towards Elena and Caroline's hotel room, and Elena blocked his path.

"Johnny, what are you doing?" She asked.

"Trying to take this coffee to my sister. What are you doing?" He said, starting to realize that this was not adding up. Elena was never awake before 12pm if she had anything to say about it and if she was she couldn't be awake without a person physically waking her up, and Jack had seemingly been with her, and now he can't go in his own twin sister's hotel room. "Why can't I go in there?"

"Because Care is still sleeping. I'll put it in the fridge." Elena spoke and again tried to take the chai latte, but he wasn't having it.

"Bullshit. You're awake, so Care had to have woken you up. Or someone would have had to." Johnny's eyes went to Jack.

"Beech why are you buggin' right now?" Cole asked, receiving a shove from Alex.

"Shut up." Turcs mumbled and dragged him into the room. "We shouldn't see this, but we can listen from in here."

"See what? I'm confused." Cole said confusedly.

"Brunch confuses you. Shut up so I can listen." Turcs shushed him.

"It's just like... make a choice? Do you want breakfast or lunch? You can't have everything, that's not how the world works." Cole mumbled to himself before Alex clapped his hand to Cole's mouth to effectively silence him.

"You slept in there." Johnny said plainly to Jack, his face going stony. "What did you fucking do with her, Hughes?"

"Johnny-" Elena started, but she was cut off.

"I asked Jack."

"Johnny, I swear I didn't do anything. Please. Believe me, nothing happened." Jack said, trying to talk him down from the ledge, when Johnny had a lightbulb moment.

"You slept in there, so where did Caroline sleep?" He cut it off. "I believe you that nothing happened, you're a shitty liar. But if you slept in there and I can't go in there, that means Care isn't in there." Johnny took a long pause, and a second lightbulb moment occurred. "Oh my fucking god." He turned towards Trevor and Jack's hotel room, pure rage on his face.

"Get in the bathroom. Hide. Lock the door." Trevor said to Caroline and she obliged, rushing into the bathroom and locking the door before hiding in the shower. Johnny banged against the door with full force, making it shake on its hinges.

"Open this fucking door!" He bellowed with anger he had never felt in his life, waking up the entire floor of teammates. A few doors opened, and players peeked their heads out.

"What the fuck is going on?" Case mumbled, earning a death glare from Johnny. "Is what I would ask if this was my business, but it is not!" He said, slinking backwards to watch from a further distance.

"Zegras open the goddamn door!" He screamed again, throwing his fists against the door even harder if that was possible.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." Trevor mumbled to himself as he ran his hands through his hair in a stressed manner before opening the door to face Johnny. Caroline held her hand over her mouth to stifle anxious sobs in the shower, leaning against the wall to support her crumbling frame.

"Beech, what's going on?" Trevor asked him as nonchalantly as he could, trying to not let on any fear or sign of lying.

"Where is she?" Johnny asked plainly.

"Who?" Trevor played dumb.

"Caroline. Where is she?" Johnny wasn't in the mood for any kind of games, his blood was physically on fire.

"I would guess her room?" He said with a shrug, but Johnny looked over his shoulder to be faced with the biggest mistake Caroline and Trevor would ever make. Johnny's eyes landed on a Stiles Stilinski Beacon Hills Lacrosse sweatshirt, the one he saw Caroline say goodnight in the night before. His heart skipped a few beats and his rage tripled, if that was even something he could manage. He shoved Trevor out of the way, sending him backward a few feet before he entered the hotel room.

"Caroline, get the fuck out here!" He screamed, tears prickling his sister's eyes. "I'm not fucking kidding!" He threw open the closet to see it was empty and then turned to the bathroom, his guess at her hiding location. He banged on it aggressively, nearly snapping it off the wall. "I fucking know you're in there so open the goddamn door!" Each bang made Caroline flinch and tears slip out and down her cheeks.

"Johnny, stop!" Elena yelled from the doorframe, tears prickling her own eyes too.

"Elena just shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up." Johnny spat at her, causing Jack to wrap her in a hug and pull her away.

"It's okay." Jack mumbled into her ear as she cried, never having Johnny talk to her like that.

"She's right, Beech. Cut it out!" Trevor spoke out, touching Johnny's shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch me." Johnny snapped away from him, banging on the door one more time. "Caroline I'm done fucking around, get the fuck out here." Caroline knew no matter how much she didn't want to, it was time to face her brother. She stepped out of the shower and unlocked the door, revealing herself in the frame. "Un fucking believable."

"Johnny, let me explain." Caroline started, but Johnny waved her off.

"I don't want to fucking hear it. Are you shitting me right now?" Caroline dipped her head as Johnny went on his tangent. "I can't believe either of you right now. I asked for one thing. What is the one fucking thing I said?"

"To not touch your sister." Trevor replied, his head hanging in shame as well.

"And what did I ask you?" He directed this question at his twin, pointing an accusing finger at her.

"To not touch your teammates." She said softly.

"You guys are absolutely fucking ridiculous. You're fucking liars, all four of you, because those two knew too." He screamed, gesturing towards the hallway where Jack and Elena were.

"Johnny, I'm so sorry." Caroline cried, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"You're fucking crying right now? There's no way you're the one fucking crying. You're a piece of shit, Care. I asked you one thing. I can't believe you."

"Stop yelling at her." Trevor spoke up, stepping in between the two screaming siblings.

"You're a fucking piece of shit too. You knew how I would feel, and you still went after her. Fuck you." Johnny spat in his face.

"I care about her. This is different." Trevor argued back, but Johnny didn't care.

"How long?" He asked.

"Three and a half weeks. It started after the game he scored, he asked me to be his girlfriend at the lake." Caroline croaked as Trevor grabbed her hand.

"You motherfuckers have been lying to me for over a month?" Johnny screamed, his face bright red.

"I knew you wouldn't be happy, I was scared. We were scared." Caroline tried to reason through her tears.

"Stop fucking crying! You're only crying because you know you're a bitch." He screamed at his sister.

"Do not fucking talk to her like that!" Trevor yelled back, tucking Caroline behind him.

"Fuck you. Fuck both of you. Actually, fuck all four of you. You're all assholes." Johnny shoved Trevor and started to turn to walk out of the room when Caroline burst out from behind Trevor to grab her brother's arm.

"Johnny, I'm so sorry. You don't understand how much it's been eating me up to not tell you. I'm so so so sorry." She sobbed, but her brother just jerked his arm away from her and looked at her with cold, dead eyes.

"Fuck you" He spat before storming out of the room and into his own, leaving Caroline to crumble into the arms of Trevor.

"Shhhh. It's okay. It's gonna be okay." Trevor ushered his sobbing girlfriend to the bed, cradling her in his arms.

"How is it gonna be okay? He's gonna hate me forever." Caroline bawled, burying her face into Trevor's arm.

"He'll come around, he has to. He loves you so much, you're his twin sister. His best friend. He can not and will not hate you forever. Okay?" Caroline didn't respond and cried more into his arm, tears welling up in Trevor's eyes as well. "Okay Carrie? Say it."

"Okay." She said unconvincingly before dissolving into a puddle of tears. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 32.6K 78
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
2M 57.1K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
141K 10.3K 58
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
116K 6.9K 88
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...