Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

By X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE
Chapter 7 - Make Or Break
Chapter 8 - Justice From Above
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 17 - Yokai
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 2 - Living In The Past

799 16 1
By X2Kosmo

Since the attack on Kings Row, 6 years have passed and only recently an invasion on Paris, day after day thinking of a different outcome but coming to no solution where you win, suddenly the door behinds swings open 

Tracer: "You doing okay love?" Tracer asks in confusion as you haven't left your room for almost a month, you turn to her.

Y/N: "I'm doing alright I guess, just been tinkering with the "Z Drive" my father left me with, the last thing I own that's proof of his existence" as you stare deeply at the Z Drive in your hand. You've gotten used to life now, knowing Tracers actual name and meeting some of the agents currently residing within Watchpoint Gibraltar but yet you still reminisce that one fateful day while Lena gives you a look of sadness.

Tracer: "I don't think you've told me what that really does" she continues to say out of curiosity. 

Y/N: "Its quite similar to your chrono accelerator, only I don't need it to keep me anchored in this timeline unlike your device" you say jokingly causing a look of sadness from her. 

Tracer: "Winston made this for me after I had the accident which I'm super grateful for, without him I'd be lost in time" She says but its followed by a giggle "But you're quite the jokester today aren't you?" as she prods for another remark as Winston then walks in. 

Winston: "How are you doing Y/N?" he questions.

Y/N": The same way I was feeling when Lena asked me a minute ago" you say to get a chuckle out of the scientist, "Its been a year since you called agents back to active duty right Winston?" you question back.

Winston: "A year approximately but everyone cant just drop what they are doing since all their status's and locations are unknown, for all we know we just have to trust in our allies" He explains, while Tracer prods at you. 

Tracer: "So you excited to see Brigitte? I mean it has been 6 years since we rescued you when you were 15, both of you are practically grown adults now". 

Y/N: "Its been almost 10 years since we saw each other last, as I said 6 years ago, I doubt she will even remember me" She walks over to you placing her hand on your shoulder. 

Tracer: "I wouldn't be surprised if she came out of the dropship hugging you with open arms" she says with a giggle under her breath "You're an Overwatch agent now, and I guess you didn't know but so is she as of today" Not paying attention to the first part she said. 

Y/N: "Why did you giggle just now? What did you do?" She then turns to you.

Tracer: "Oh nothing, just made a few calls on the behalf of my good friend Y/N to a special someone". Locking eyes with Lena you grab her by both shoulders. 

Y/N: "Did you actually?" you ask her in all seriousness.

Tracer: "Yeah... Is that an-" You cut Lena off by pulling her in for a hug.

Y/N: "Thank you Lena, for looking out for me then and even now" you say to her.

Tracer: "Its what we do Y/N, You watch my back and Ill watch yours, especially with your new friend coming around in Id say maybe an hour" she says sneakily.

Y/N: "AN HOUR?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" You yell out, Lena looks at you and shrugs her shoulders before blinking away as her giggles echo in the hallway as she does.

Before you can chase her down the hallway, the door shuts on you face. Face now even more red than when she told you about Brigitte being here in an hour, more determined than ever you gather your gear, grab the Z Drive from your desk, kick up your hoverboard and attach it to the back of your armor and start cleaning up the place.

15 minutes pass...

Room is tidy, trash taken out, workbench organized and blue prints layered neatly, all that is left is to get a snack on the way out to the landing pad. Walking out of your room you see the door labelled "Brigitte" once again choosing to avoid curiosity look away and instead see a vending machine next to it.

Y/N: "That'll do nicely" you think to yourself as you shake the machine vigorously to get a packet of chips on the verge of falling causing a chuckle to come from someone down the hall.

???: "You sure are desperate for that aren't you" the figure says tipping his hat to you with a cigar set alight in his mouth.

Y/N: "You're-" He cuts you off. 

Cole: "Jesse Mcree, Cole Cassidy, former member of the deadlock gang and former partner in crime with Elizabeth Caledonia "Calamity" Ashe, I have a few alias from back in the day but lets keep it short and simple, you can call me Cole" as he takes a hit of his cigar messing with the chamber of his revolver.

Y/N: "Well its nice to meet you Cole, I don't believe I've seen you around Gibraltar since I arrived here as a kid but I've heard the stories of how good of a shot you were" You explain, He looks at you again leaning against a door. 

Cole: "I had... personal business to attend to but its good to know I'm still talked about around here" he says rolling his six shooter around his finger and stowing it in his holster, You then walk past him. 

Y/N: "Keep out of trouble cowboy", He gives you a smirk and wink.

Cole: "Keep out of trouble? Trouble always seems to find me".

30 minutes pass...

Taking your time to meet up with Lena, you walk around Gibraltar reliving deja vu through your memories, the occasional smirk escaping your face as you relive each and every single one. 

Y/N: "Nothing like the good ol days, wish you guys were still here to see me now" you say looking up to the sky, as you walk some more, you see a person who seems to be sitting up high by the cliff face, its hard to make out who it is from where you are now but never the less you decide the make your way up there too. After about 5 minutes you reach the spot to find no one there, but then you feel a chill go down your spine as you feel a blade pointed to your back.

???: "What is it that you seek stranger?" you hear a robotic yet human sounding voice saying behind you. 

Y/N: "Just reliving the very few good memories I have here" you respond being openly honest with the stranger behind you, slowly turning yourself around they retract the blade from your back and whips it around before returning it to the sheathe on their back. 

Genji: "I am Genji, and you are?" he says in a friendly tone.

Y/N: "I am Y/N, I've lived here for the past 6 years after my home in Kings Row was attacked" you say trying to gain his trust. 

Genji: "So you're the one I've heard about, It is an honor to finally meet you" Genji then gives you a warriors salute, you then salute back.

Y/N: "What about you? Where are you from?" you say openly.

Genji: "My origin is complicated... I am originally from Hanamura, as an heir to the Shimada clan, until orders from the higher ups pit even my own brother against me" he responds sadly.

"It got to the point where we were fighting to the death, eventually him getting the upper hand on me sadly led to my "death" in his eyes, I was left on the brink of death until Dr Zeigler nursed me back to health" he further explained. "It was from there after getting used to the new cyborg body that I set out on a journey to find inner peace, that was when I came across my master Zenyatta at the temples of Nepal" you then look at him with curiosity, he turns to you and speaks once more "After a couple of months, I was starting to feel whole, but i still needed to confront my brother Hanzo, about his grief".

Y/N: "I'm sure you'll muster the courage to do that someday Genji, neither you or him can run from the past and your futures are bound to collide at some point" Genji then looks up at you saluting.

Genji: "Thank you for the kind words Y/N, I have a few friends in Hanamura to visit if you'd like to come around sometime, just let me know" He says acknowledging your trust and honesty as he takes his leave waving to you while scaling his way down the mountain. 

Y/N: "Genji Shimada, a trustworthy soul still guided by the flames of his will and determination to reunite and make an amends with his brother Hanzo, I look forward to working with him in the future" You think to yourself.  

The Whole Hour Later...

Eventually making your way outside after what felt like a century of looking around for Lena, you see her flagging down dropships full of supplies and weaponry, she turns to you.

Tracer: "Took you long enough slow poke" she says joking around with you, "Well not every one has the ability to blink around at the speed of light like you" You slyly remark.

You stand with Lena on the landing pad watching the fleet of the dropships come flying in, you turn to Lena to see her grinning at you and your nerves shoot straight up as you feel a hand grab you left shoulder and as you turn to see who it is, its made abundantly clear.

Reinhardt: "Hello my friends! Isn't this a lovely day!" Reinhardt yells at the top of voice, you find it hard to respond after being almost deafened by the German. 

Y/N: "Yeah! Its quite a day so see the rest of the gang" you respond just as loud while Reinhardt chuckles in response. Lena turns to Reinhardt and starts whispering in his ear, you cant help but turn to look Lena dead in the eyes to have her giggle. 

Reinhardt: "Ahhhhhh so that's what you're here for! Any close friend of Brigitte is a close friend of mine!" He chuckles "Me personally, cant wait to sit down with her father some more for a nice relaxing talk, after all I am her godfather" he goes on to explain. 

Y/N: "Why are you her godfather? If you don't mind me asking..." you ask out of curiosity.

Reinhardt: "Well that's a story for another time my friend" He says eyeing up one dropship in particular. You turn to Tracer looking nervous as you can be. 

Tracer: "Don't worry love, she's going to love you!" Lena said as she pats you on the back and pointing at the incoming dropship.

Y/N: "This is the one" you think to yourself, chills go up your spine as the ship lands with a smooth descent, as the door opens and there she was, Auburn hair flowing, armor glimmering in the sunlight, luggage by her side and hazel eyes shimmering with pure happiness as your heart skips a beat as she drops everything and runs towards you with open arms.

Brigitte: "Its been too long Y/N, I've really missed spending all day with you" Brigitte says with no joy held back, "I'm also so very sorry for your loss all those years back" she says pulling you into her arms, you stand there motionless, nothing to say, nothing to do, until you look down and see her head pressed up against your chest. 

Y/N: "Thank you Brigitte, It means a lot to see you right now, but-" She cuts you off. 

Brigitte: "Its okay, I should've been there, as a kid or not I should've". You and her standing there embracing each other for a solid minute as Lena and Reinhardt watched in silence, Brigitte then turns to them "Sorry about that you two, that was something i needed off my chest, thank you Lena so so much" She says in embarrassment.

Reinhardt: "Brigitte, have you kept up on your training?"

Brigitte: "Well yes and-" She says as he cuts her off. 

Reinhardt: "I'm just messing with you" He says bringing her in for a hug, Lena then steps up. 

Tracer: "Look at how much you've grown!" Brigitte blushes as she responds. 

Brigitte: "I really am sorry about earlier though, I don't know what came over me" Lena then smiles. 

Tracer: "No need Brigitte, You two lovebirds go catch up" She says taking Brigitte under her arm and locking eyes with you, in that moment Brigitte went red and dismissed herself grabbing your arm as she runs past.

Brigitte: "C'mon, we have so much to talk about!" She yells still red in the face. You still clueless about what's happening in the world as of right now can do nothing but follow wherever she takes you as you trip over your own feet.

Well there we have it folks, quick time skip and bringing some characters from Overwatch's past and introducing the most important person in Y/N's life, as for next chapter, Its gonna be more focused on Brigitte and Y/N's connection to each other after being separated for so long as well as diving into a whole tinkering with the "Z Drive" moment and expanding on why you now look to the future. As always its a pleasure to type up a story for y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.7K 27
Really quickly: This is an Overwatch fan fiction for people who like cute romances- no lemons here. Ew. I'm *trying* to keep this appropriate for al...
3.6K 61 9
Two years ago the world ended. Nobody knows how exactly but everything just stopped, governments collapsed in seconds and infrastructure soon followe...
18.9K 256 8
This is about Y/N. At the age of 16 you lost your left hand to a Bastion unit and got it replaced with a robot hand. At 18 years old you became a gun...
83.6K 1.5K 28
A disbanded group of heroes. A sinister plot. A shattered world. As a new recruit to the legendary Overwatch you have big shoes to fill, fortunate...