Far From The Fame | A Demon S...

By -Ishimura-

In a far, distant land, Vampire Hunters protect their lands from the vampire menace. Much like Demon Slayers... More

The Vampire Hunters
A New Type of Enemy
The Journey Begins
Who Are You?
A Heart Ablaze
The Serpent and The Hunter
Demon Slayer Training
What Makes You Strong
The Final Selection
The Hunter's Sword
Before the storm
A Tale From The Past - Part 1
A Tale From The Past - Part 2

The Hunt is on!

305 9 4
By -Ishimura-

Didn't expect to see me here so early, huh?

Hello there, everyone!

Here we are again with another chapter! I must admit, I feel MOTIVATED to write these chapters. It must be the new season of Demon Slayer that is giving me this boost of creativity, or maybe it's the fact that the story is finally getting ready to develop more, or maybe it's both!
Anyway, I'm just excited to be writing again! Let's hope this lasts!

Thank you so much for all the love and support in the last chapter, I got a lot to think about after some comments, which let me say, this is only chapter 11 of my story! There's so much more yet to come up, we're just beginning!

Now without further ado, let's get to it!

As always, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Leave a comment about what you think of it, and if you REALLY enjoyed consider leaving a vote, which helps a TON!

I'll see you guys in the next one!

Kisses!

>>>⚔️<<<

From the balcony of the second story, Rengoku observed as Ulrich left through the main gates, heading out to his first ever mission as a certified Demon Slayer. With arms crossed and a proud look in his eyes he hoped to watch the Hunter's career with great interest.

Around the corner, in a different mansion, another Hashira also watched. They had heard the rumors about the foreigner.

"So that's him? He doesn't look like much." Said the first in a cheerful tone. "We'll see if he's good."

As Ulrich marched out through the main gates, two Kakushi, who opened the gate, respectfully bowed, wishing good luck in his travels.

A gust of wind blew past the slayer, his cape flowing gracefully, and with a move of his arm he corrected its position, lifting the other arm up for his Owl to land, the final touch for his cool pose for the camera.

"The hunt is on!" He declared, taking the first step to a new journey.

>>>⚔️<<<

Back home, the Grandmaster of the Vampire Hunters wrote down in a big, ancient looking book. The tears and ripped off pages tell the story of how much that old book had gone through, yet he still did his best to preserve it's history.

As he wrote down the last line using a quill, he blew away the dust, putting the quill back in the inkwell.

The old man then glanced through the open window to his side into the night's sky, a full moon illuminated the view and blessed the sight of peacefulness down at the fortress.

"I wonder what Ulrich has been up to?" He wondered, reminiscing about the old days when Ulrich and his sister were but two little kids joining the ranks of the Vampire Hunters.

"Watch your footing!" Yelled Johann, beating the young lad with a stick. "If you lose your balance, it might kill you!"

"Just relax, Master! I'm doing my best here!" Retorted the young Ulrich.

"You're slacking off again!" Yelled Leonie, pushing her brother aside.

"Hey! Watch it!"

Their argument quickly turned into another fight as the two dueled with their swords.

"Stop that already! Or it's a 10km run for the both of you!" Johann grabbed both by the back of the collars, lifting them up. "Do you never listen to what I say?!" The two struggled to break free, fighting again.

The Grandmaster simply smiled.

"I wonder if we'll ever see those days again." The old man got up, closing the book and taking it under his arm. He walked a few steps away, placing the book in a bookshelf. "Don't lose hope... Ulrich."

>>>⚔️<<<

It was a long walk to the village in distress. Ulrich arrived at his destination at the dawn of the night, just in time for the prime time for any creature of the night to go out looking for a snack, and the Hunter knew that.

The village seemed bigger than anticipated, still, it wasn't a city. A little more than a small town in the outskirts of a bigger city in the horizon.

He walked through the streets calmly as the people looked at the weirdly dressed outsider with nervous eyes, most of them simply hiding as soon as he looked back. It was pretty clear that the people live in fear of something around. They don't leave their homes when the sun goes down, and those who do are branded as fools for doing so.

The blonde noticed from afar a shop, still open despite the rumors surrounding the village. The lights of two lanterns outside showed that the shop was a food stand of some sort, and so he made his way there.

Ulrich stepped into the shop, moving the covers of the door with his arm, still keeping the cape covering his sword.

"Excuse me." He said as he entered, taking a few glances of the patrons of the shop. The smell in the air was nice, the smell of Ramen, made with fresh products and lots of skill.

"Hmm." Grunted the owner as he looked back. "A new face." He cleaned his hands with a towel as he turned back to speak with the stranger. "What will you have, stranger?"

Ulrich walked in, still feeling the tense looks of the other patrons in the shop. He sat down at the main counter.

"I'll take a miso Ramen, please." Said the Hunter, smiling politely as he did so.

"Huh." Scoffed the owner of the shop. Surely he expected the stranger to be lost or something, yet he knew exactly what he wanted. And so he turned around, preparing the meal.

Cutting the vegetables, preparing the noodles, the meat, in no time he had the ramen ready and deliciously looking, ready to eat, setting it down at the counter.

"Thank you." Ulrich thanked, clasping his hands together as he did so, something he learned after spending much time in the new land.

With no ceremony he ate the ramen, which strangely enough made everyone calmed, losing the tension surrounding the shop.

"Surely someone like you didn't come all the way out here to eat my ramen." The owner said. "Why are you really here?" He questioned.

"Heh." Ulrich scoffed. "As much as I liked the food, it's not why I'm here, true." He looked back at the owner. "I've heard rumors from around here. People going missing. I'm investigating the matter. Know anything about it?" He questioned.

After revealing why he was there, the patrons were surprised, gossiping about the stranger almost immediately.

"Hmm." The owner looked around. "Forget it, kid. You'll get yourself killed." Once again wiping his hands, maybe a tick, or maybe just the reflex of doing it so much in his profession. "Of all those who ventured through that path, none returned. You're not the first one investigating that."

"So there were more before I arrived?"

"Yes, unfortunately." The owner shook his head, feeling some sort of shame from saying that. "They were kids, a little younger than you. All excited for some adventure, they never returned."

"I understand." Ulrich nodded. "It's very important, sir. I assure you, knowing more about that can be crucial."

The man looked hesitant, thinking about it.

"Alright, you look like you can handle yourself." Admitted the owner. "In the woods, northwest of the village. Those woods are cursed. It started with people living in the outskirts, now its happening to those within the village. One day they're there, and on the other they're nowhere to be found."

"I understand. Anything else?"

"I wish I had more information for you, kid. But that's about it."

"It helps a lot. Thank you for your cooperation." Ulrich placed the money to pay for his food down.

As he turned around, ready to leave, the man grabbed his arm.

"I know I said you look like you can handle yourself, but watch your back out there, kid. The gods know how many have disappeared already, we don't need another one."

I appreciate the concern. Don't worry, I'll be back!" Ulrich said as he left the shop.

Following the directions the man gave Ulrich marched. His Owl landing on his shoulder right after.

"See anything?"

"Thick fog..." responded the animal briefly.

"Mhm. It's strange, isn't it?" Ulrich glanced around, the fog seemed to be staying in a single sector of the village and nowhere else. "I'll take a closer look. Find a place to hide."

And the Owl followed his orders.

Ulrich walked through the dense fog, a few more houses on each side of the road. He looked for clues on the ground, signs of struggle, marks, anything that could help him, anything that could lead him.

After a brief search, he noticed footprints. Kneeling down to analyze them.

"Too small to be a man..." Ulrich followed the footprints until they simply stopped without going any further.

Ulrich glanced around, looking for more clues, when he found what he did not want to find there, a small pool of blood.

"Damn it! I was too late!"

When suddenly, a Demon pounced from the fog, heading straight to the hunter.

"I was hoping another foolish girl would be walking around all alone! But I guess you will have to do!"

"They always announce their presence." With his finger, Ulrich pushed forward his sword from its scabbard, the Demon was none the wiser, the cape hid his movements from the monster.

"Hunter Breathing - First Form." Whispered Ulrich.

"Yaaa!" The Demon reached forward with its pointy nails.

In a swift, single move of his arm, Ulrich unleashed his sword in a horizontal slice aimed at the creature's neck. It's momentum carrying it forward, straight at the blade. The Demon's head popping from its shoulder as the body fell down, already lifeless.

"Holy Fire!" Yelled Ulrich.

"What?! He was armed!?" The Demon thought as it slowly disintegrated in the air.

Ulrich wiped the blade, sheathing it back.

The day seemed won, but something strange still kept him from celebrating.

As Ulrich looked around, the thick fog was still covering that part of the village.

"This wasn't the Demon behind this? Is it even a Demon Blood Art?" He questioned.

And soon he got his answer as he heard a scream coming from the woods. Ulrich ran immediately as he heard it, bravely facing the fog that only got thicker the deeper he went into the woods.

It was clear that the Demon behind the disappearances and the one he just took down weren't the same, as the pools of blood only got more frequent.

He stopped as he saw the body of a young girl on the ground.

"Monsters..." He kneeled down beside it, punching the ground in fury.

"I guess I should thank you for taking care of that pest stealing my pray."

Said an ominous voice, coming from the woods surrounding Ulrich.

"A trap!" Thought Ulrich, jumping back away from the body. "I must control my breathing."

Ulrich noticed he lost control as his emotions got out of control, quickly putting his training to work and controlling his breathing.

"Are you a Demon Slayer? You don't look like one." Said the voice.

"It's coming from all around me." Ulrich closed his eyes, concentrating, trying to pinpoint the location of the Demon. "It's either moving too fast or there's multiple of them. I can't get a clear fix on it's location. Damn it... I'll have to go loud." Thought Ulrich. "Well, maybe I am!" He yelled.

"Maybe? Maybe I should just kill you where you stand. You're either brave or stupid to come here!"

"I'm both, kinda." Smugly said Ulrich.

"You made a mistake." The voice said, echoing from afar. "A mistake that will cost you!" Suddenly, the voice was very close, right behind the Hunter. The Demon held an axe, crudely put together with screws and nails. The Demon swung the weapon down, aiming for a killshot.

Ulrich rolled forward, narrowly avoiding  the attack of the Demon, quickly drawing his sword and taking a battle stance.

The Demon had a dark red garb made of leather and linen. What stood out however was the red, big nosed oni mask. An intense look in its face, the two eye sockets in the mask showed the two glowing blue and green eyes.

"That's some speed you got there!" Acknowledged the Hunter.

"You avoided my attack? Impressive. Most of the Slayers I've faced would die to this trick."

"It's as I feared, what the old man said... those who ventured in these woods were indeed Demon Slayers." Ulrich remembered. "So you've killed Demon Slayers before?"

"Oh, yeah." The Demon held up the bladed part of the axe. "I even got their swords as a neat little trinket."

The hunter looked at the axe, the two blades on each side were made with at least six Nichirin swords taken from their fallen masters.

"Soon I'll add your sword to my collection too!" The Demon pointed at him.

"That ain't gonna happen!" Retorted Ulrich.

"You think this is a joke?!" The Demon almost instantly completely vanished from where it stood and appeared again at Ulrich's side, aiming to chop off his head.

Ulrich narrowly blocked the attack with his blade, only getting away with a small cut on his cheek.
The inhuman strength the Demon packed was enough, even after blocking, to send Ulrich flying back.

"It's fast!" Ulrich with a back flip composed himself again, getting back on his feet. "C'mon, focus! Obanai was stronger than that!"

Ulrich recalled their match. Every single attack the Serpent Hashira had thrown was on an entirely different level, well above the Demon he faces right now. The only way he was able to stand a chance against him was holding his own blade with his bare hand to block the incoming attack.

He wiped the blood from his cheek and got ready to fight once more.

The Demon menacingly walked to him, lifting the mask a little to lick the blood.

"Hmm, your blood is different from any other blood I tasted before." The Demon took a better look at him. "I see, you're a foreigner. You will make a fine meal!"

The Demon once again vanished in the fog, ready for another surprise attack.

"I can't see where the next attack will come from, but I can try to predict it!" Ulrich once again closed his eyes, letting his sense take over, he could faintly feel the patterns of the Demon's movements within the mist. It couldn't teleport, but move incredibly quickly through the fog like it was swimming through water.

"I'll give you death!" The Demon popped out of nowhere again, ready to deliver a strike.

Ulrich parried the attack to the side, throwing off the attack's path, and with a swift movement he swung his sword at the neck of the Demon.

This time it was the Demon who narrowly avoided his attack, only losing the mask as Ulrich's blade knocked off once it sliced through the air, inches away from its neck.

The Demon frantically looked around, looking for something.

"My mask! You bastard!" The Demon turned around, finally revealing its face.

A beautiful girl of short hair, silk skin, white as snow. It angrily glared at Ulrich.

"You will pay for that!"

For a second, Ulrich wondered if she even was a Demon, but he had a job to do. Not wasting a second he threw one of his bombs at the Demon.

"Useless!" She sliced right through the sphere that exploded on impact in a purple cloud.

She dashed forward, ready to jump through the fog once again, when suddenly, she felt weak, almost falling to her knees.

"What is this cursed mist?!"

"Wisteria oil bomb." Laughed the hunter. "With a little bit of Vampire Hunter ingenuity, one of your biggest weaknesses turned into an useful tool!" Ulrich confidently brandished his sword. "That should keep you from jumping around the fog!"

"You useless piece of shit! I'll kill you!" Blinded by anger, and by the Wisteria oil, the Demon dashed forward, brandishing her axe to face Ulrich head on.

"I'll just jump in the last second and kill this moron!"

"Now!" Ulrich dashed forward to face the Demon. His breathing steady. His mind clear. His stance strong.

As the two reached each other, the Demon was faster, her axe thirsting for blood already making its way for a killing blow, no doubt from the inhuman speed and strength. But Ulrich had a plan

"Hunter Breathing! Third form!"

"Die!" Yelled the Demon.

When Ulrich's sword in an instant moved from the upper stance downward, breaking through the axe.

And finally, the finishing blow. A horizontal strike aimed to the Demon's neck, slicing it right off, leaving in the air one of those cool Demon Slayer effects when they use the breathing forms, shining brightly in the form of a cross.

"Light of the Holy Cross!"

The Demon's body fell down in defeat.

And Ulrich stood up, victorious.

< === TO BE CONTINUED ===

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 111 32
Hi! :-) This story is set in the Demon Slayer universe: All the known Demon Slayers are still alive and remain Demon Slayers (e.g., Tengen and Rengok...
7.1K 252 16
You somehow end up lost in Japan, having little to no memory of your life before, or any understanding of the land and people here. But you meet extr...
23.6K 259 29
What if Muzan wasn't defeated and instead pulled a trump card in order to save his own skin? A new king destined to bring terror once more. What if s...
87.7K 2.3K 51
Chapter 1: The truth that Muzan knows that Tanjiro doesn't know. Upon finding out the truth, Tanjiro decides to turn and attack The Demon Slayers. Me...