Eye Spy

By CloudyXAutumn

"I despise of many things but...I despise you the most, All Might" After a life changing incident that leaves... More

The Start
Search
Heroes vs Villain Training
Not so Shocking Information
Details
League
All Might
USJ
Name.
Detective Talk
Roots
Pulling Strings
Run In Kyoto
Exercise
practical foresight.
Recognition
Opportunity
Growing Tension
Accident
Sports Festival
Festival Crash
Doomed
Just What He Did
Death
Funeral
Aftermath
Detectiving
Advanced
Secrecy
Favorite Spy
internship start
Patrol
The Fated Incident of Friday
The Norm
Dorm
Returning To Normal
Steps to Success
Exams
Exam Aftermath & Camp
Camp
Devastation
The Shut Down
Revealed
Annihilation
Endeavor Down
Malice
The Anticipated Meet
Shie Hissaikai
Eri
Unintentional Bond
T. D.
The Finishing Touches
Plan 365-380
Finished

The Calm

1.5K 121 33
By CloudyXAutumn

...

"Well, I guess there's no teacher out there that would be better than me. "
Midoriya thought to himself, exiting his office and running down to a storage room.

He found an antique sofa chair, it was his favorite one as a middle schooler and after upgrading his office he no longer had a place for it to go.

He lifted it up and dragged it right back to his office like how he once had dragged it right down into the storage room.

He placed it where Eri liked to stand and got to cleaning it up.

He got rid of any cobwebs and stains that could've been in there before cleaning off the dust that had also been building up slightly.

Once he was done, he was left with a nicely polished sofa chair.

"Perfect."
He said, wiping the sweat off his forehead.
"Now when she comes tomorrow, she'll no longer have to stand around."
He paused, looking around at his office at the many things he had slightly altered because of her.

Sharp corners were either sanded down or had plastic covers placed for protection, the glass coffee table was replaced with a much nicer marble table, he kept more candy in his drawers as well as more toys, and overall the room was made much more child safe.
His weapons weren't easily accessible to little grabby hands, and all poisons were stored away.

"...when did I do all of this?"
He thought to himself, looking at his hands which held the rags used to clean the chair.
"Just how much did I change for her?

...I said I wouldn't let myself get attached, what am I doing??

This only puts her in severe danger, she's meant to go to an orphanage once my plans are over.

...but an orphanage?
Those places aren't any good, I'd have to change how they operate and give them loads more funding that have no way of being embezzled.

What if the other kids there bully her?

I can't send her to an orphanage.

But keeping her with me puts her in a load of danger.
And she doesn't even know I'm a villain yet, and once she finds out I doubt our relationship is staying the same.
I could lie to her, but if she ever finds out about it, she'd resent and hate me. "
Midoriya thought to himself in a back and forth argument with himself.

He'd have one everyday regarding his decisions with Eri, he kept going against his word despite what he kept telling himself.
But he just couldn't help it.

_________________________________________

"woah is this for me?"
Eri asked, her eyes looming over the chair that stood in her favorite spot.

Midoriya hummed before response, "yep, you no longer have to stand around"
He replied, handing her a piece of candy.

She looked up at him, joy overflowing in her heart beyond what could be captured in words.
The corners of her mouth tugged, and tugged, and tugged, and tugged so hard that she full on smiled.

It was a bright smile, a smile that rivaled the sun, a smile that could light up the darkest of rooms alone.

Midoriya's eyes slightly widened, "that was the first time I've ever seen her smile"
He thought to himself, smiling a bit too as he couldn't help it.
He quickly hid it with his hands and sat back down at his desk.

"Heya!"
A voice cheered from the door.

Midoriya looked up, his hand still discreetly covering his mouth.
"Hawks?"
He asked.

Eri turned around in the chair and stared confused, Hawks stared back in just as much confusion.

"Woah, what happened around here"
He said, noticing the change that happened within just the couple weeks he had been gone.

He locked eyes with Eri and glanced at Midoriya before glancing back at Eri and chuckling a bit.

Midoriya propped his elbows on the desk and held his head with his hands, covering his face in the process.
His hands rested on his forehead, the rest of his face rested below his palms.

"Well this was unanticipated."
Hawks laughed, shutting the door behind him and walking over to the couch.

"What do you need Hawks?"
Midoriya asked.

"I'll bring it up later, you can ignore me for now.
Unless...?"
He tilted his head back and locked eyes with Midoriya.
Without saying a single word, Midoriya signalled for Hawks to exit the room and to never speak a word of what he saw.

"Alright alright"
Hawks said, quickly exiting the room.

"Who was that guy?"
Eri asked.

"Hawks.
He also helped when we saved you"
Midoriya replied.

"So he's a good guy?"

"You could say that, but I wouldn't recommend getting close with him"

"Why? Is he a bad guy?"

"No, but he'd teach you some things that I don't think would be suitable"

"Ah.
Big words."

"Which words?"

"Suitable? And recommend. What do they mean?
I only guessed what you meant earlier"

"Suitable, exact definition, right or appropriate for a particular person, purpose, or situation.
If something is not suitable it means it's not meant for you or something.

Recommend- to suggest.
Kind of like telling you what I think would be good or better for you."
Midoriya explained.

"thanks!"

"though, speaking of not knowing words.
Eri, how would you feel about learning?"

"learning things like what?"

"how to read, write, understand, math, history, how to control your quirk, and how to fight"

"those all sound fun!
And I like learning new things.
But who would be teaching me?"

"I would"

"but I thought you didn't have time. You're always busy"

"I can find time.
I'm almost done with my plans anyway so I've freed up most of my time anyway"

"okay then!
As long as I'm not bothering you!"

"you'd never bother me"
"did I actually just say that?"
Midoriya thought to himself, hearing himself say things he never thought he would ever utter.
He had shocked even himself.

Eri smiled brightly upon the statement of the sentence, practically glowing.

"I'll start properly teaching you in about 1-2 weeks.
For now, just get used to holding a pencil"
Midoriya said, burying himself in his work.

"Okay!
But Mr. Midoriya, I wanted to know.
What is your quirk?"
She asked.

"My quirk?
It's nothing special.
Not offensive or defensive."

"Yeah but what is it?"

Midoriya sighed and pulled off one of his gloves.
"This"
He revealed the shut eye on the palm of his hand.
Eri's eyes widened, "woah, what can you do with that eye?"

"Just see through it."
He lied.
"This is a lie that she can't ever find the truth to.
Since no one actually knows how my quirk operates, it's not a truth that'll ever be discovered"
He thought to himself.

"Oh, that's not very strong.
But at least if you ever can't see from the eyes on your face you have that!"

"Wanna see something cool I can do with them?"
Midoriya asked.
"Why would I say that."
He thought to himself, immediately regretting it.

"Yeah!"

He held up his hand, to show her the eye well.
However, a second later the eye was gone.

It had reappeared on the back of his hand.

"You can move them??"
She asked, astonished.

"Mhm"
He replied.
It was exactly how as a child he had kept it a secret from everyone.

Before he had gloves, he didn't want anyone to know of his quirk.
He was lucky to find out that the eyes weren't stuck in their default position but he could in fact move them to wherever he liked on his body.

It proved useful for when it came to washing his hands, opening doors, and generally doing anything that would put pressure on his eyeball if it was on the palm of his hand.

The issue was, it took focus to keep it out of default.
In order to move it and keep it at a spot on his body, he would have to focus the whole time.
If he lost focus, they'd return back to the palms of his hands.

"Woah!
You're like a spider!"
Eri cheered.

"I guess you could say that"

After staying there for a while, Eri got up and returned to her room to avoid being a bother to Midoriya .

Soon after she left, Hawks came in.

"Well what was that about?"
He asked, a smug grin on his face.

"What was what about?"
Midoriya asked in reply, snarky in tone.

"Don't play oblivious.
Look at how much the room changed.

You no longer have weapons in display, the glass table was replaced with a round marble table, the sharp corners of some of the furniture were rounded off, and there's more locks on drawers.

Not to mention, that chair was never here before. "
Hawks replied.

Midoriya shook his head,"well I'm not trying to accidentally kill the child"
He replied.

"yeah but I thought you said you wouldn't be giving her time and that the HKO wasn't an orphanage."
Hawks said in a mocking tone.

"watch your words, Hawks.

I'm already well aware of what's happening."
Midoriya said, locking eyes with him.

"Do you intend to raise her?"

Midoriya sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "no. But- I'm not given much a choice."

"Wow.
Never would have expected it.

The great villain Optic has a weakness.
What? Is her quirk that valu-"
Hawks was cut off when a dagger flew past his face.
It grazed his cheek bone before striking and sticking onto the wall.

"I must've gotten too loose with you.
Do not forget who you're speaking to, Hawks, that was just a warning shot.
Your life is at my mercy.

She isn't my weakness, and I haven't kept her around because of her quirk.
If you ever assume such things again, I'll have your tongue cut off. "
Midoriya threatened, his left eye glowing a deep gold.

"wowza, okay then.
Sorry boss man. I guess I didn't know my boundaries with you.
I won't let it happen again in the future.

Now if I may ask, how are the plans coming along?"
Hawks asked, no longer smiling.
He wiped off the blood that had trickled down his face and sat down across from Midoriya.

"I only have a few things left but other than that, everything is set.
This Friday we're going to be attacking the commission.
I ask of you to prepare adequately. "
Midoriya replied.

"This Friday?
Alright.
I'll be ready, what time will we attack?"

"2pm.
The broadcast that Present mic will host will start at 1:45pm.

I'll be exposing Edgeshot as the final traitor, it'd give the commission another bad blow.

Inform him of the plan, don't leave out important details like last time as I don't feel like re-explaining everything again.

He'll Be joining us on the attack on the commission.
You two work together quite well and cover up for each other's blind spots.

While we're attacking the commission, I'll be sending out middle rank members of the HKO to deal with the small fry heroes as well as asking the league if they'd like to get involved.

They either kill them or leave them unable to do hero work permanently.

And with that, the commission and all the heroes with it will officially be gone.

And without the commission, there isn't anyone to stop me from taking over Japan and placing my own rules over the land. "
Midoriya explained.

Hawks wrote down the important details, he didn't want to forget anything that could be important like last time.

"alright.

Me, you, and Edgeshot deal with the commission.
The league and middle rankers deal with the rest of the heroes.
You officially get rid of the commission.
And then you take over Japan and change it how you see fit.

Alright, I think I got all the important details. Anything I miss?"
Hawks asked, reading over his notes.

"nope.
Good job. "

"alright, I'll see myself out"

"oh, and Hawks"
Midoriya called out, Hawks paused in his steps.
"yes?"

Midoriya let out a drawn sigh, having been able to hear all of Hawks's self deprecating thoughts for his small mistake.

"Don't assume I hate you.
Earlier you had just messed up."
Midoriya said, his back turned towards him as he spoke.
"Do I really have to say this?
Ugh"

"Don't tell anyone I told you this but-

You're my favorite of the spies"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 4K 25
Welcome to my first story! Read if you want! Probably a lot of mistakes!This is a no quirks au, so UA is a normal school. Izuku Midoriya was a huge n...
101 0 18
Meeting your idols is always a disappointment. Understanding that the people we look up to the most don't wish for our happiness, chose to turn a bli...
445K 20.8K 51
"what's wrong Kacchan? Your quirk not working the way you want it to..?" Izuku Midoriya, an "average" teen. You'd expect nothing to be wrong with him...
3.1K 84 24
A young quirkless boy bullied his whole life finally gives in to the evils of the world. But to do so, he disappears from every single person in his...