𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃

By reportsbytoya

𝐓𝐨 𝐟đĸ𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞đĢ𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭đĸ𝐨𝐧 đĸ𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮đĢ 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞đĢ đĄđšđ¯đž, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'đŦ 𝐲𝐨𝐮đĢ đŦ... More

𝘅
1: đ—¯đ—ļđ—ŋ𝘁đ—ĩ𝗱𝗮𝘆 đ—ŋ𝗮𝗰đ—ļđ—ģ𝗴
2: đ—ļđ—ģ𝘁đ—ŋđ—ŧ
3: 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂 𝙩𝙝𝙚 đ™ĸ𝙖𝙞đ™Ŗ 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤đ™Ŗ
5: 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂 𝗮đ—ļđ—ģ'𝘁 𝘀𝗹đ—ļ𝗰𝗸
6: đ—ĩđ—ŧ𝘁 𝗰đ—ŧđ—ēđ—ēđ—ŧ𝗱đ—ļ𝘁đ—ļ𝗲𝘀
7: đ™Ŗ𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙛𝙩 *
8: 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞đ™Ŗ 𝙛đ™Ēđ™Ŗđ™Ŗ𝙮
9: đ™Ŗ𝙚đ™Ŧ 𝙡𝙞đ™ĸ𝙞𝙩𝙨 *
đ™Ŗ𝙚đ™Ŧ 𝙡𝙞đ™ĸ𝙞𝙩𝙨 / đ™Ģ𝙞𝙨đ™Ē𝙖𝙡𝙨
10: đ™ĸ𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙤đ™Ŗ𝙚
11: 𝙨đ™Ĩ𝙤𝙩𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 *
12: 𝘂𝗹𝘁đ—ļđ—ē𝗮𝘁𝘂đ—ē
13: 𝘀đ—Ŋ𝗮đ—ŋ𝗸𝘀 𝗮đ—ŋ𝗲 đ—ŗ𝗹𝘆đ—ļđ—ģ𝗴
𝘀đ—Ŋ𝗮đ—ŋ𝗸𝘀 𝗮đ—ŋ𝗲 đ—ŗ𝗹𝘆đ—ļđ—ģ𝗴 / đ™Ģ𝙞𝙨đ™Ē𝙖𝙡𝙨
14: 𝗱𝗲𝗰đ—ļ𝘀đ—ļđ—ŧđ—ģ𝘀, 𝗱𝗲𝗰đ—ļ𝘀đ—ļđ—ŧđ—ģ𝘀
15: 𝗲đ—ģ𝘁đ—ŋ𝗮đ—ģ𝗰𝗲
16: 𝗲đ—ēđ—ŧ𝘁đ—ļđ—ŧđ—ģ𝘀 đ—ē𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂...part one*
16: 𝗲đ—ēđ—ŧ𝘁đ—ļđ—ŧđ—ģ𝘀 đ—ē𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂...part two
17: 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂 𝘃𝘀 𝘁đ—ĩ𝗲đ—ē
18: đ—ģ𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘂 đ—¯đ—Žđ—ą *
19: đ—¯đ—ŧ𝘁𝘁đ—ŧđ—ē 𝗹đ—ļđ—ģ𝗲
20: đ—Ŋđ—ŋ𝗮𝗱𝗮 𝘂 *
đ—Ŋđ—ŋ𝗮𝗱𝗮 𝘂 / visuals
21: đ—ŧđ—ģ𝗹𝘆 4 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂
22: đ—ē𝗲đ—ŋđ—ŋ𝘆...𝗰đ—ĩđ—ŋđ—ļ𝘀𝘁đ—ē𝗮𝘀?*
23: 𝗱𝗲đ—Ŋ𝗲đ—ģ𝗱đ—ļđ—ģ𝗴 đ—ŧđ—ģ 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂
24: 𝘃đ—ļ𝗹𝗹𝗲 đ—ē𝗲đ—ģ𝘁𝗮𝗹đ—ļ𝘁𝘆
25: đ—Ŋđ—ŋ𝗲đ—Ŋ đ—ŗđ—ŧđ—ŋ 𝗰đ—ĩ𝗮đ—ģ𝗴𝗲*
26: 𝗱đ—ļđ—ŋ𝘁𝘆 𝘁đ—ĩđ—ļđ—ŋ𝘁đ—ļ𝗲𝘀
27: 𝗮đ—ēđ—ļ𝗴đ—ŧ/𝗮
28: 𝘀đ—ĩđ—ŧ𝘂𝗹𝗱'𝘃𝗲 𝗸đ—ģđ—ŧ𝘄đ—ģ
29: đ—ē𝘂𝘃𝗮
30: 𝗱đ—ŧđ˜‚đ—¯đ—šđ—˛ 𝘆đ—ŧ𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗱...part one
30: 𝘀𝗮𝗰đ—ŋđ—ļđ—ŗđ—ļ𝗰𝗲𝘀...part two
𝘀𝗮𝗰đ—ŋđ—ļđ—ŗđ—ļ𝗰𝗲𝘀 / visuals
31: đ—ē𝘀. đ—ē𝗮đ—ŋđ—ļ𝗮đ—ĩ*
32: 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆 đ—Ŋ𝗲𝗲𝘇𝘆, 𝗹𝗲đ—ēđ—ŧđ—ģ 𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝘇𝘆
𝗲đ—Ŋđ—ļ𝗹đ—ŧ𝗴𝘂𝗲 â€ĸ 𝘁đ—ĩ𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲đ—ģ𝗱*
𝘁đ—ĩ𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲đ—ģ𝗱 𝘃đ—ļ𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹𝘀

4: 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝗱đ—ŋ𝗲𝗮đ—ēđ—ļđ—ģ.

7.3K 454 89
By reportsbytoya

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

Sunday went by without much happening. I played chef this morning. Only because Jessy and Khadi returned with me last night.

After a few long showers and some food — we crashed. Jessy and I shared my bed while Khadi insisted on sleeping alone. Spoiled ass. So, she went downstairs to the common floor where Mimi's room was. Which is the only other room here. This morning we woke up to them having minor headaches and my stomach growling. So, a hot meal it was while Jes FaceTimed her cousin Kai.

Up until now, Jessy and I spent most of the day lounging. After our breakfast, Khadi slipped off with her "man". Nothing unusual at all. However, it gave us some time to dive into our studies. Between washing dirty clothes, cleaning up the kitchen, and starting on my newest column — I had my chore list full.

Presently, I was plotted on the couch. My MacBook resting on my lap as my notebook and pen sat to the left of me. Indeed the news column regarding Atlanta's very own Dreamville was coming along smoothly. Summer Walker playing on the television from my iTunes as my fingers slid across the keyboard with ease. I was over seventy percent when I came up short-handed for the first time.

One more day.

Tomorrow I was due to be at Dreamville tattoo shop to fulfill my promise with KD. However, I had come up with much information already.

I had met and answered most of my five Ws. The what, when, and where is typically the easiest. Who and why? That's what was halting my progress.

Photos from the car show had been selected and edited by myself. The only thing missing was the possibility of an interview. The column was incomplete without one. That would give factual dates, quotations, and newsworthy details.

"I want some soul food." Came from behind me and I looked up from my notepad to Jessy.

"From where?"

"Outta yo' kitchen, girl," She looked at me like I had five heads before taking her seat opposite of me on the couch. "You don't wanna cook some red beans and rice? I want jambalaya rice."

She rose an eyebrow at me and I matched the energy before glancing at the time on my phone. Indeed I had been stuck here for hours. Typing and working while only standing for a few breaks to put on a new load of clothes or remove some from the dryer.

"I'm not cooking no red beans at five o'clock. We'll be eating after eight o'clock for sure. Cause I know I don't have any kidney beans in there," She smacked her teeth with a childish pout and I laughed. "Your mama ain't cooking today? Or we can go to Mr. Rod's. I'm not cooking."

"I rather Mr. Rod's." Jess told me, unlocking her iPhone.

Mr. Rod's was the name of a Black-owned restaurant in East Point. He was a private chef we met on campus around two years ago. He catered for the Mass Media program at CAU once. Cooking soul food for our Black History program. The man is a badass when it comes to soul food and recently opened his own restaurant.

"Alright, let me put on some clothes and we can go."

"Okay, bookie."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Like a typical Sunday, Mr. Rod's was busy. From the young to the old, there was someone to take up every inch of the diner. From groups seated at the dining booths to a few standing up waiting for their to-go orders. While Jes and I found a spot at the bar.

Just call me Cupid, boop.

"So...?" We said in unison.

My thoughts have been racing today. I was trying to ignore the memory of Jessy's words, but, it was difficult. Tricky to ignore after a while being that tomorrow was Monday. Inevitably. So, mentally I'm preparing for the meet up with Ka'Dafii. After a few rather clarifying questions — I confirmed the shop's weekly schedule. It was closed on Sunday and Monday. While being exclusive to only appointments on Wednesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays are walk-in days.

Meaning this appointment was intimate in the sense of privacy. That made me wander into what-ifs and possibilities. Good and bad, unfortunately.

"You go first." We said again and I laughed at Jessy's exaggerated sigh towards me. "I'm serious. You go first."

"No," She said crossing her arms. "I got a good feeling this is about someone important."

Rolling my eyes, I sat back, playfully shooing her away with the motion of my hand.

"Girl, please. You always trying to read my mind, dang."

"So, I wasn't wrong. Spill it."

"Who do you think I'm about to ask you about?" Jessy gave me a look that spoke louder than words. Her eyes pleaded with me to give up the false hope. "Okay, fine. So...what's the deal with your cousin?"

"What do you ever so mean, dear?" She asked in a playful tone.

"Jessy."

"Okaayy, fine," J shrugged her shoulders before looking up to the bartender who waved at us. With a quick word, the young lady asked for a few moments. Promising to be right back to take our orders. We weren't in a rush of any sort.

"KD is...private. Very private and he's been that way since he was young. Even as a kid Kai was more of the motor box with a mouth while KD kept his thoughts to himself. He and Mari are close. But they do their own things too," All of that was cute, but that's not what I wanted to know. And with a quick glance over Jessy figured that out.

Hell, she barely talks to Mari.

"He's single...is that what you wanted to know?" Possibly. Hell, I don't know. I thought that was what I needed. But pinpointing the emotion was even more difficult.

"No...maybe. I don't know, I'm just nervous about tomorrow."

"Mm..." Was her response and then we were being treated by the returning waitress.

"Sorry about the wait, babes. It's crazy in here. I feel like the whole East Point," She wasn't exactly exaggerating at the moment. "Can I start y'all with any drinks? We're currently doing our happy hour special. All house margaritas are half price."

"I'll take a strawberry." I told her with quickness, excited to have the option.

"Me too, but mango instead," Jessy stated and the young lady wrote it down. "You know what you want?"

"Yep."

With that, the two of us finished our orders with entree meals. Before our waitress could walk away, she was told there was a wait time of twenty minutes for the food.

"You shouldn't be nervous. KD is a gentleman. Like I said he's private. I know of only two girls he's seriously dated and he's been known to treat them as queens. Plus I told you he has had this crush on you for over a year now," Yeah, I was able to piece that together rather quickly myself.

"You won't hear about him in the streets because he keeps himself far away from gossip. Hell, I don't even know the last time the man was a in relationship. Maybe three years ago. He's messed around, I'm sure, but it's nun' of my business, so I can't tell you, mamas."

"So you don't know if the man is truly single then?"

"No, but I know enough, to know that you're in good hands. Besides I thought you didn't care about that."

"I'm off niggas, J. You know that."

"Yeah, that's what your mouth keeps saying. I hear you, mamas."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

𝗞𝗗

My elevator chimed bringing me out of my head. I've been in this same spot for what seems like an hour. With a blunt burning between my fingers — I decided to take my last pull. It was dying anyway and my head was floating.

Standing up from the L-shaped couch, I could confirm my high with a grin.

Taking the walk from my living room to the kitchen's island, I place the backwood on top of the ashtray. Just then, I heard KaMari before seeing him. In his hand were his phone and keys, his attention on the screen as he stepped closer to the opposite side of the counter.

"Whatever you smoking, smell good as hell." He mumbled, tossing the keys down on the surface.

"Got it from my white boy. Smooth as fuck."

"I needa hit his line. Young niggas in the city is bullshittin'," I didn't respond verbally, but I understood what he meant.

At one point in time, KaMari ran his own trade. While it seems like forever ago, it's only been a few years since he walked away. Still, there are moments when he is zoned out in memory land. Or even pulled back into the lifestyle by old foes.

One thing for certain, once you are in — it's hell to get away.

"Let's go get some food, man. I'm hungry as shit...when was the last time you talk to Jessy?" He suggested before asking the very random question.

"Nigga, I'm not ya' bitch. Go get food by yo' damn self. Or call Trish ass. I'm not even damn hungry. The fuck."

Niggas come over just demanding shit...

"I'm just being nice to ya' big lanky ass," Laughing, the thought of food crossed my mind, but truly...I wasn't hungry. My appetite was almost nonexistent and as I chugged half of a bottle of water — I realized that may be why. I hadn't eaten much today outside of some eggs and toast this morning. That was the best of a full breakfast I could make. Every morning I could eat it without getting tired.

"Have you talked to Jessy?" Mari asked again and I shook my head with a light shrug.

"Yesterday," I told him, tossing the empty bottle in the trash can before going back to my original spot in the living room.

An outfit.

"She came to the car show for a lil' while but that was the last time I saw her. She spent a lil' minute with some nigga named Dex. I asked Penny about 'em, but she just said J was straight. I told her bye and they left together. That's 'bout it."

"Who the fuck is Dex?"

"What the fuck do you want wimme?" I asked with a low laugh. Clearly, he came over with an agenda.

"Why you got clothes laid out? Where you going?" Mari looks at me with a rose eyebrow, his attention now on me as he took in his surroundings. "You got a bitch over here?"

"What the fuc-no, damn."

"So what's up?"

"I got some to do tomorrow. I am grown, shit."

"Since when you started picking out clothes before you go somewhere? And what you doin' on a Monday? Got a car meeting or some?" Mari asked, waving towards the three pairs of pants on my coffee table. All different styles in the same color — black. Every blue moon I'll put on some grey bottoms or even jeans. But usually, I'm an all-black kinda guy. "All these shits the same anyways. Just throw on a pair."

"No they not," I expressed, standing up from the couch."These," I said in the direction of my Dickie's. "Are...business, yet, street. Street business shit, but I ain't got that going on," I told him truthfully and Mari nodded with a smirk. "So I got the regular Amiri jeans out. Yeah, they are black, but it's designer. And then some cargo pants. All different my nigga."

"No, the fuck it's not. But in your world...yeah, I get it."

"Fuck you."

KaMari laughed before finally taking a seat while I gathered the clothing from the couch. I'm not sure how I went off on a tangent. One minute I was thinking about Penny and the next I was going inside my closet for outfits. Not feeling the closet, I brought everything inside the living room with me instead. And here is where KaMari found me in my overthinking stage with a blunt burning.

"Nah for real...I need to talk to Jessy. Like today."

"Call your sister and talk to her man. It ain't hard to do it."

Jessy and KaMari were siblings, only the two of them. Yet, they treated each other like strangers on the street. Sometimes. Their home life wasn't the most nurturing and loving environment. Causing issues between the two of them as they matured into young adults. Many days I would walk into my mother's home with Kamari and Kai — to see Jessy already there after her elementary school had let out.

That would be our sign then. Our mother was taking on all four of us. So her sister could have free will. Since then Aunt Deborah has evolved. Her children on the other hand? Still struggling with one another.

"I rather the fuck not."

"You just said you need to talk to her."

"Okay and? That don't mean imma just volunteer and call her." Frowning slightly, I let the moment go with a silent head nod.

I had no time for Jessy or KaMari — they will figure it out one day. I had more important shit to handle anyways. Like prepping for tomorrow with Penelope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 276 10
𝐚 𝐜𝐨đĨđĨ𝐞𝐜𝐭đĸđ¯đž 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 đŦ𝐡𝐨𝐭đŦ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 đŦ𝐭𝐨đĢđĸ𝐞đŦ 𝐰đĸ𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮đĢ đŸđšđ¯đž, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚đĢ𝐚đĻ𝐞đĨ 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞đŦđŦ 𝐡𝐞đĢđŦ𝐞đĨ𝐟...
91.5K 2.6K 36
Read it â™Ĩī¸ (Currently Editing-ish)
628K 23.1K 37
"đ—Ŧđ—ŧ𝘂 𝗴đ—ŋ𝗲𝘄 đ—ļđ—ģ𝘁đ—ŧ 𝘀đ—ŧđ—ē𝗲𝘁đ—ĩđ—ļđ—ģ𝗴 𝘀đ—ŧ 𝗰𝗮đ—Ŋ𝘁đ—ļ𝘃𝗮𝘁đ—ļđ—ģ𝗴 𝗮đ—ģ𝗱 đ—ŗđ—ŧđ—ŋ 𝘁đ—ĩ𝗮𝘁 đ—ļ 𝘄đ—ŧđ—ģ'𝘁 𝗸đ—ģđ—ŧ𝗰𝗸 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂.. đ—ļ'𝗹𝗹 đ—ŧđ—ģ𝗹𝘆 𝗹īŋŊ...
1.2M 55.5K 54
𝙇đ™Ē𝙨𝙩𝙞đ™Ŗ𝙜 𝙖𝙩 4 𝙞đ™Ŗ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 đ™ĸ𝙤𝙧đ™Ŗ𝙞đ™Ŗ', 𝙛đ™Ē𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 '𝙧𝙤đ™Ēđ™Ŗ𝙙 𝙖đ™Ŗ𝙙 𝙛𝙤đ™Ēđ™Ŗ𝙙 đ™ĸ𝙮 𝙨𝙤đ™Ē𝙡đ™ĸ𝙖𝙩𝙚.