Limitless potential (Shadow i...

By dipper06

Dominance, power, strength. These are a few ways of describing a formidable person. Every man and woman knows... More

Chapter 2. Feisty personalities clash.
Chapter 3. Mothers are scary...
Chapter 4. First match of the tournament starts with a bang! More like a thud...
Chapter 5. My dotting sister.
Chapter 6. Misunderstanding ''She is not my girlfriend''
Chapter 7. Mother's approval? I don't want it!
Chapter 8. First friend

Chapter 1. A chance to prove myself.

2.8K 48 26
By dipper06

I decided to start this because I gave someone some advice on their fic and well they basically said I couldn't do better. So I'm going to prove them wrong (I know childish.). My two other stories will take priority so this stories updates will be slow, very slow. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

--

A kid with silver hair and bright red eyes was currently training outside in the forest. Night had just taken over yet the boy was still training.

Y/n: Five hundred and one! five hundred and two!

Y/n was swinging his sword with ankle weights and a weighted vest.

Y/n: Five hundred and three! AHHH I can't be bothered! I won't be strong if I keep on going like this! If I want to get a woman like Nee-san and Mother I'll need to be stronger!!

A small group of men began to approach Y/n not knowing he was in the area.

???: Ah I hope I run into a beautiful lady out here.

Y/n: Hm?

???-2: Huh? No chance, and if there was I would claim her for myself.

???-3: Be quiet you three, there might be guards wandering the forest. Our objective is to rob the Griffey family.

Y/n: No pretty ladies will come to you guys I mean you look weaker than me.

???: Huh? Who is this kid?

Y/n: I'm glad you asked.

Y/n did multiple flashy poses while introducing himself.

Y/n: I AM Y/N GRIFEY! THE ONE WHO SHALL BE THE STRONGEST IN THE WORLD! COUNTRIES WILL FEAR ME! PEOPLE WILL TREMBLE BEFORE MY NAME!! I AM KNOWN AS THE ONE WITH LIMITLESS APTITUDE!!

The bandits stood still dumbfounded at the boy's performance.

???: Pfft!

???-2: HAHAHAHA!

They all started laughing.

???-3: Boys it's our lucky day, fate has brought us a hostage on a red carpet. We'll use him to extort money out of the Griffey family.

The other bandits started chuckling and rubbing their hands together.

Y/n: Oi did you not hear what I just said?! I am the one with limitless-

???: Yeah yeah come along nicely and we won't hurt you.

Y/n: *Sigh* It seems you don't get it.

The bandits paused and listened.

Y/n: I'd never let weaklings like you lay a finger on me.

???-3: Is that so? Boys, go crazy.

???-2: Can we cut off some limbs to tone down his attitude?

???-3: Just make sure he doesn't die.

Y/n: Hmph, to think I'd be so heavily underestimated, I guess it shows I have a long way to go. There are five of you, a perfect cooldown exercise for the night.

???: Huh!

Y/n disappeared from the air and appeared behind one of the bandits.

???: ^Huh why can I see behind me?^

Y/n had twisted the bandit's neck 180 degrees.

Y/n: If I get home late nee-san will get mad at me. So be good little bandits and die quickly kay.

Y/n threw his wooden sword to the side and began walking to the rest of the bandits that were just staring at him in a daze.

???-3: W-WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING ATTACK!

Bandits: AHHHH!

The bandits ran towards him in response Y/n flickered in and out of their sight finally appearing in front of one of the bandits with his fist impaling his stomach.

Y/n grinned.

Y/n: Three left.

Y/n said as he pulled his fist out of the bandit's body. Gruesome noises of blood and organs slushing around filled their ears as the body fell to the ground.

A sword slash came for Y/n but by the time the bandit finished his motion Y/n was nowhere to be seen.

Y/n: Oi, weren't you told to keep an eye on your opponents?

Bandit: Bastard! Huh?

The bandit was paralysed. Confused the bandit tried to move but his head exploded with blood.

Y/n: So this is just the scouting party, oh well this is an opportunity to practice my magic even though I hate training it.

Y/n put his hands together like he was praying. Red energy started flowing out of him and his hair was standing on end. He extended his palms outward creating a large barrier.

Y/n: Don't think I couldn't see you guys? Do you think you can hide from me?

Dozens of bandits came out of the forest and out into the opening.

Y/n: SHIT!

???-3: Haha give up.

Y/n: It's way past my bedtime I'm soo going to get in trouble. 

???-3: Eh?

Y/n: What?

???-3: You You monster!

Y/n stuck his tongue out while speaking.

Y/n: If I'm a monster now then I wonder what you'll call me in the future.

All the bandits ran towards him at once. Y/n flickered in between each and every one of them and even slowed down to fight at a speed they could keep up with for fun.

Y/n: Ganbare Ganbare Bandits you can do it!

Y/n said as he snapped one of their elbows and blocked a sword slash using one of the bandits as a shield.

Y/n punched the ground making it shake vigorously and crack in some areas making all the bandits wobble and fall to the ground.

Y/n: Okay, that's enough I'm going to be late if I continue. Special magic technique self-annihilation!

Y/n put his hands together like he was praying once again and his barrier retracted into a small red sphere and a big explosion followed after. 

The whole forest was covered in flames all that was left was the remaining embers of the explosion and soot. Obviously, there was Y/n who was panting on the ground with several burns on his body.

Y/n: It's not perfect yet... I'm only seven and I'm not a genius which means there are others who surpassed this level of power long ago.

Y/n put his palm to the sky.

Y/n: I want power.. I never want to be useless like that ever.. Again..

He then passed out.

--

Y/n: Ughh.. What happened?

Zenon: Little brother.

Y/n: Zenon..

Zenon: It's a miracle you are still alive you might not remember but you got caught up in an explosion. Some maniacs used an artifact on our private property.

Y/n: They didn't use an artifact.

Zenon: Then how do you explain that massive explosion?

Y/n: They used magic and it wasn't some maniac it was me. I was practising.

Zenon: Stop joking around Mother and Father are very worried for you.

Y/n: What about Nee-san is she worried?

Zenon: She left for the capital remember?

Y/n: Damn! ^ I was expecting to cry into her arms and say "Ohh those bandits were so scary!" while she hugs me and nestles me in her chest!^

Zenon: Don't worry you can come and visit her anytime. I mainly work in the capital.

Y/n: Are they short-staffed or something? You're very weak for your age.

Zenon: Hey you may be gifted with the sword but I am still your bigger brother.

Y/n: Power is everything in this world. If you are not strong, nobody will respect you. Hurry up and get stronger nii san otherwise, I'll catch up and show you up in front of everyone. Who knows maybe one day I'll steal your betrothed.

Zenon: Tch. Do you realise who you are speaking to? Need I remind you what happens if you get difficult?

Zenon had a look of pure rage on his face and went to punch Y/n but he caught his hand.

Y/n: There's my Nii san, still hiding that sick personality? You don't have to act with me I can see right through you. Ever since you showed me who you really are.

Zenon: RGHH! LET GO!

Y/n held on for a little longer.

Zenon: ARGH!

Y/n let go.

Y/n: I'll never respect scum like you. Especially after what you did to me and Nee-san. One day you will answer for your crimes.

Zenon: I'll never let scum like you be stronger than me. You'll always be weaker than me.

Y/n: Huh? Are you high on magic crystals or something? When you were my age, you couldn't even perform magic. I'm destined to surpass you.

Zenon: You'll regret this one day, I'll do anything to get power and I'll show you your place. You will grovel before me once again just like you did before.

Y/n grinned madly.

Y/n: I look forward to that day.^If it ever comes.^

Zenon: Tch, Mother, and Father wanted to talk to you. I'm leaving.

Zenon left Y/n's quarters.

Y/n: *Sigh* What a hassle he is. In terms of magic capacity, I'm already far above him, but when it comes to handling the sword he beats me fair and square. The only thing I have is a large magic supply. It's not like I can control it any better than he can actually he beats me in that regard too. The only way I'd win is by blowing myself up like I did with the bandits.

*Flashback*

Y/n: Give me back my sweet!

Zenon: You need to learn how to share little brother.

Y/n began sniffling.

Y/n: I-I want my sweet!

Y/n lunged toward Zenon kicking up the air behind him and punched Zenon in the balls.

Zenon: OUGHH!

Y/n giggled.

Y/n: My sweet.

Y/n took the sweet off Zenon who was unconscious on the ground grasping his balls.

Paul: Dear, did that just happen?

Victoria: Ohh my baby is so strong!

Marie: What type of monster is my little brother?

*Flashback*

Y/n: From then on he's always hated me for embarrassing him but come on! Cut me some slack I was only five! I don't know why I'm talking to myself I need to get out of here.

--

Y/n: Mother, father, you called for me?

Y/n's parents were currently in the lounge sitting on the sofa while Y/n was standing in front of them.

Paul: Yes, we are going to visit some nobles. I think it's time we get you a fiance.

Paul Y/n's father had ocean blue eyes with lush blonde hair. He was a very handsome man on the outside but on the inside however he is well hmm how do I put this.. Pathetic. So pathetic nobody in his house respects him not even his kids.

Y/n: Yada.

Paul: Excuse me.

Y/n: I said no, how am I supposed to know if they are going to grow up to be beautiful woman?

Paul: You have nothing to be worried about you think I'd make you marry an ugly girl?

Y/n: No but she also has to have a chest! I mean look at Mother, you don't want me to be left with some girl whose flat and only redeeming quality is her face.

Victoria: Y/n, I suggest you be quiet before I call her.

Victoria Y/n's mother had silver long hair her bloodline traits were rare. Only one child inherited her looks which was the boy standing in front of her Y/n. She had blood-red eyes and pale skin that complimented her overall look. She was a kind, loving mother and wife when the situation suited it.

Y/n: SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Who is this person Y/n is so afraid of? Well, It is none other than his older sister. One threat to discontinue her hugs and he turns into a quite little mouse.. I know very lame.

Y/n: ^There's no other girl that will let me rest my head on their beautiful chest other than my sister. I must not lose her.. Not until I find another lady that's willing to do the same.^

Victoria: Good, the royal family will be there too.

Y/n: Ehh, that means I'll actually have to behave.

Paul: Exactly, so be on your best behaviour.

Y/n: Yes sir! But why does the royal family want to see me?

Paul: Hmm they don't want to see you they want to see the strongest of your generation.

Y/n:!!

Paul: Are you a gorilla or something as soon as I mention fighting your eyes sparkle.

Y/n: Ahemm Sorry Father please continue.

Y/n waited attentively and patiently.

Paul: ^Odd he only talks to his mother with this much respect. His opinion of me is improving.^

Y/n: ^Hurry up and explain already old man!^

Paul: The royal family is holding a tournament for kids that come from distinguished noble houses. It's to measure the talent of the youngsters and to inform instructors in which direction our generation is going. For example, the last generation wasn't very good at using magic and their physical prowess was much better but this generation is more balanced. Now they want to see the up-and-coming generation.

Y/n grinned and balled his fists.

Y/n: I'll make you proud.

Victoria: Splendid! I didn't think you would agree this easily! Come for a hug!

Y/n: Most definitely!

Y/n began approaching his mother.

Paul: Don't even think about it!

Y/n froze.

Paul: Last time I checked you're not a baby so there's no need for any hugs right?

Y/n: B-But.

Paul: You had your time with your mother's breasts and that time is now gone. Expired. Done. Finished, what other way can I put it?! That is my woman!

Y/n: Tch, Fine it wasn't like I was going to do anything anyway. ^I was totally going to nestle my head between them.^ When is the tournament?

Paul: A week from now. So you better get your stuff ready we're leaving for the capital today.

Y/n: Haai..

--

End of chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 744 16
After being reincarnated from a regular highschool student into the strongest mage in the Midgar kingdom, you run into turbulence with strong female...
95.7K 2.4K 22
☾☾☾ ☯︎︎ ☽☽☽ π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧... π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐝𝐞𝐝... 𝐓𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠... 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠...
91.1K 1.3K 20
Y/n L/n achieved many skills and one day hoped to be someone great, unfortunately tragedy struck; however, this tragedy gives the young man a golden...
44.2K 1.6K 38
What if Cid chose to date Alexia instead of rejecting her? What if the "Master" of Shadow Garden took a more active role in the girl's lives? What if...