The Vampire Hunter

By fromhereonout

Jade, a vampire hunter, has been sent to the town of Morristine to complete her final year at school. She hat... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 5:

2.2K 101 6
By fromhereonout

I opened my mouth, then closed it again. This went on for quite some time until he decided to speak.

"I've missed you." His words were barely audible over the pounding in my ears. My body felt torn and worn. I was emotionally exhausted. But, still, I snapped.

"You've missed me?" I asked, incredulous. "That's rich, coming from you. I mean, you're the one that left one day without leaving so much as a note! You left! You left me alone! How could you?"

He looked shocked, he stumbled over his next words. "What? I- no but I- what? I left a note! I swear I did!" His eyes held honesty and, deep down, regret?

I laughed dryly. "Sure you did."

"I swear I did, I even told you to meet me so I could explain!"

Now I was shocked, but I quickly covered it up. "I'm here now, explain," I demanded.

"Not here," he replied, looking around.

"Where then?" I asked getting a little impatient.

"Pack house," he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled my along through the woods.

After half an hour of stumbling through the secluded woods, we came to an even more secluded clearing. Wild flowers and small streams decorated the clearing. Beyond them was a big house. And I mean big. It was mainly glass, it was like a gigantic lit up glass box. Of course, there was some lovely spruce wood to keep the structure up right. There were also people loitering everywhere. Toddlers laughing, adults talking and teenagers revising.

Jack and I stood in, what I assumed, was his room. A bookcase took up the left side of the room, filled with numerous novels. A desk and a bed were situated in the middle of the room and there was a white loveseat that faced out towards the window. I sat down, as did he, waiting for him to begin.

He took a deep breath, a bigger one than was necessary.

"Don't freak," He pleaded "I'm a werewolf," he held his hand up when I was about to talk "Let me finish. Okay, so I didn't know until it was too late, we were at the institute and it happened. I shifted. It was horrible, I went to your dad, thinking he would help." He scoffed at this point. "Big help he was. He sent me away, told me to talk to no one. Especially you, claimed that I was unsafe.

"So I left, but I promise I left you a note, under your pillow. Knowing the people there, someone probably took it when you were sleeping or something. Anyway, I waited for you where I said I'd meet you on the note. But you didn't show." His face took on an empty emotion and I felt guilt spread through my veins.

"Figuring you hated me, I left again. I joined a pack. But I was stupid, an idiot and I challenged the alpha. Big mistake, I did defeat him, though. That was good. But I became alpha. Everyone else was thrilled by this, claiming the old alpha was horrid, and they hoped I would be nice, which I am. But I was still uncomfortable, so I got the old beta - that's second in command, by the way - to take charge, just until I was ready. I mean, I haven't been here for long, two weeks.

"Before I was here I was just a rouge, travelling. Living alone. Anyway, today I was checking out the school. I want to go. That's when I saw you running away, you looked so sad. I couldn't control my wolf as he ran after you..."

I replayed his words and even though I was a tad bit afraid of him being a werewolf I didn't mind too much, I mean I'd killed vampires for God's sake! I felt thrilled to have my best friend back again. I launched myself at him, wrapping my hands around his bulky frame.

***

Jack had decided to come to school with me today. We were a bit early so I was showing him around the horrible corridors. Today was Thursday. I was meant to hang out with Jared today, but I told him I couldn't make it by text last night since I was busy - more like spending time with Jack.

"Hey! Jade!" A familiar deep voice shouted from behind me. Jared. And, of course, Isaac.

I turned around, as did Jack since we were holding hands. A friendly gesture, nothing more. Jared eyed us, more like our entwined hands.

"Going to introduce us Jay?" Jack asked, playfully punching me.

"Okay! Jeez no need to punch me pooch." I grinned at his new nickname.

He raised an eyebrow. "Pooch? Really?" I just nodded my head and laughed.

Isaac's abrupt clearing of his throat made the laughter die in my throat. "Oh, yeah right. Jared, Isaac, this is Jack, my all-time best friend. Jack, this is Jared and Isaac," I said.

Jared glared at Jack and nodded his head. Then he turned around and walked away, looking a little bit hurt.

"God, you reek of wolf," Isaac told us.

"Ahh that would be me!" Jack stated, proudly.

Isaac stepped back and inspected Jack. "Fuck," he muttered. "Shit, you're a werewolf?"

"Yep, and you're a vampire!" Jack said, clearly not affected by this.

"And I'm a human!" I chimed in, feeling a little left out.

Jack laughed at me, but Isaac stared intently into my eyes.

"A werewolf is your best friend?" He asked.

"Yes, yes he is."

"You have the worst taste in men!" He almost shouted.

I raised my eyebrows at the same as Jack, we turned to look at each other and burst out laughing.

"Ugh, go kiss already," Isaac told is, rudely as he pushed passed us. I hated feeling this way, the pang I got in my gut every time he said something mean to me, because I wanted not to care but I felt hurt at his words and it was pissing me off.

I flopped down in my Geography seat the only lesson I didn't have with the Jack, the lesson I hated most because of this fact and because I happened to sit next to a Vampire. This classroom was like all the others, singular desk in rows - five in this classroom, with five desks in each row - there was also a whiteboard hanging on the crème walls. Our teacher, Mrs. Bailey was young, too young if you ask me.

She had a pale, young, wrinkle-less face. She had a proud posture and always stood straight. Her brown hair rested on her chins. She wore a black pencil skirt, and black high heels that she obviously forced her feet into since they looked like they would pop out at any moment. The white blouse she wore didn't fail to show off her red bra - and catch the attention of many testosterone filled males. I honestly felt sorry for her husband.

"I see your little puppy isn't following you around," Isaac sneered. Today he was wearing a white shirt that showed off his abs, his pale face and silver eyes momentarily distracted me. His faded black jeans showed off his perfect legs and I felt so mad that I felt lust within me. I utterly regretted my next words.

"I see your little snack isn't following you around." His jaw clenched. I hit a nerve.

"I would never hurt Jared," he hissed.

Of course he wouldn't I knew that. I just couldn't help it. I was mad at the way I was feeling. I groaned and banged my head against the table. Why do I mess everything up?

"God, Jack help me please!" I whispered into the thin air, knowing he'd never be able to hear me.

Now, I don't know if I hit my head too hard, but I could've sworn that I heard Isaac mutter: "What the fuck does the dog have that I don't?"

Ha. As if.

***

"Jack!" I screamed as I launched myself at him. He stumbled backwards and chuckled.

"Okay, okay, calm down!"

It was the end of the day and Jack, Isaac, Jared and I were outside, the cold air whipped my hair out of place. The noise of rumbling engines filled my ears, the shadow of the school building was protecting Isaac from the sunlight.

"But why? I missed you!" I whined.

"Chill out! I had a detention!"

Oh. I narrowed my eyes and stepped back. "Why?" I asked warily.

His cheeks burned and he smiled sheepishly. "I may have called a teacher hot..."

I wrinkled my nose in disgust. "Ewww." Was all I said.

"Right, well I'm going. Bye," Jared said as he stalked towards his car.

"What's with him?" I wondered aloud, ever since this morning he seemed utterly dejected.

"Well, ever since you've been spending all your time with this mutt and you cancelled your little 'date' he's been hmmm, sad? Nah, more like betrayed," Isaac informed me.

Jack growled beside me and I knew he was getting pissed off at the little digs that Isaac was so casually taking all the time. I was too.

I stepped closer to Isaac, we were nose to chest. Him being the taller one. "Listen here, soul-sucker, just shut up. If you don't like Jack, that's fine. He probably doesn't like you either, I mean let's face it you're not a very likable person. But Jack's not constantly calling you names or taking the piss, but that's all you seem to be doing! And quite frankly it's annoying the fuck out of me! So, you and Jared can fuck off until you learn some proper manners!" I spat the words out, my voice growing louder at the end.

Behind me, Jack chuckled. I turned around and walked towards him, he slung his arm over my shoulder and as we walked away from the frozen vampire that looked utterly shocked he full on laughed and said "Yup, you still got it Jay!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 9.6K 29
Meet Jade Harrison, her brother is the alpha of the Crimson Pack. Of course she's important in the pack but not as important as her brother's mate, W...
68.3K 2.6K 27
Yvonne has just settled into her new pack, and pack house. Now a month later after the 'Teasing' school is back from brake, and the old Moonless pack...
302K 8.9K 48
"I will make sure he never lays a hand on you again." I look up and Hunter is heaving. "Why do you want me to stay? I forgave you, it's not like you...
213 25 19
Growing up as a packless halfbreed, Jade had heard the horror stories of the pack wolves who live in the woods around her. When you hear nothing but...