An Outsider to Remnant (A Dis...

By Wrench54796

When a certain god finds a way to travel to a new world, he decides to take a familiar individual to test thi... More

Prologue: The life of Dunwalls heir
Journey through the void
(Y/N) Character Bio
Meeting People
Initiation
Partners
Adachi Bio
The Protectors Put On A Show
For those of you who are waiting.
Serious

Ozpins Offer

522 8 5
By Wrench54796

*Outsider/Corvo's spirit*
*Whispering*
[Thinking]

(Y/N) made his way into the shop and walked around looking at a few things; he saw someone looking at some magazines and realized it was the Girl the Outsider told him about, the one with the red cloak. (Y/N) decided to keep an eye on her while he browsed, then he heard some commotion up front and decided to listen.

Stranger: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust shop open this late?

(Y/N): (Uses heart)

Heart: His name is Roman Torchwick; he has robbed many people here in Vale.

(Y/N): Oh, so that's what the heart does. Why is the heart beating?

One of the henchmen points his gun at the shopkeeper.

Shopkeeper: (raising his hands) P-please! Just take my Lien and leave!

Roman: Shh, Shh, Shh, calm down; we're not here for your money. (To the henchman) Grab the Dust.

A henchman opens a case and removes one of several cylinders, which the group uses to take Dust from the tube containers on the walls.

Henchman 1: (placing another open case on the display to the shopkeeper) Crystals. Burn. Uncut.

The shopkeeper proceeds to fill the case. As another henchman goes for another tube, he hears muffled music coming from the Girl's direction and unsheathes his sword.

(Y/N): Shit, I better move.

(Y/N) Moves to a spot where the henchman won't see him and watches.

Henchman 2: (pointing his sword at her back) Alright kid, put your hands where I can see them... Hey, I said, hands in the air! You got a death wish or something?!

He goes over to her and turns her around, the hood dropping to reveal a surprised Girl wearing headphones. He motions for her to lower them.

Girl: (doing so) Yes?

Henchman 2: I said put your hands in the air, now!

Girl: Are you... robbing me?

(Y/N): By the Outsider, yes, he's robbing you, you idiot.

Henchman 2: Yes!

Girl: Ooohhh...

Roman is waiting for his men to finish the heist when a "Hey!" and "Hayah!" are heard, and the threatening henchman flies past him. Roman calmly motions for another henchman to handle the Girl.

Henchman 1: (raising his gun at her) Freeze!

All of a sudden, the Girl and the henchman go flying out the front window, and the Girl stands up while unfolding some scythe that's about 2x bigger than her. The other henchmen stare at her, confused; Roman scowls, but the girl smiles back at them before twirling the weapon around, striking it into the ground, and turning off her headphones.

Roman: Okayyyyy... (to his remaining henchman) Get her!

(Y/N): Well, that was impressive, but I should help out now. ((Y/N) puts his mask on)

But before (Y/N) can even get out of the broken window, the Girl starts fighting them.

The henchmen exit the shop and run at the Girl, who spins around on her scythe and kicks the first approaching criminal in the face. She gets her scythe out of the ground and fires it off to hit another one with the butt of her weapon, sending him flying.

(Y/N): Oh, that thing is also a gun because that makes perfect sense; there is nothing wrong here.

She fires again and brings the side down on one attacker and dodges the next henchman's gunfire with her rifle's speed, getting close enough to knock him into the air and follow him upwards so she can beat him away to Roman's feet. (Y/N) notices two henchmen sneaking up behind her and realizes this is his chance to help and test out Blink, so he clenches his fist, and time stops around him as he hears the Outsiders' voice.

Outsider: Here's a tip, if you're standing still while using Blink, all-time around you stops, allowing you to plan your next move.

(Y/N): Good to know; that will be useful.

(Y/N) decides to Blink behind the first henchman and stab his folding sword into his right shoulder, (Y/N) then quickly takes out his pistol and shoots the henchman to his left in the head, gaining the attention of Roman, and the Girl; he then finishes it off by snapping the first guy's neck, taking the sword out of his shoulder and blinking next to the Girl.

Roman: You were worth every cent. Truly you were. (to (Y/N) and the Girl, dropping his cigar and crushing it with his cane as approaching police sirens are heard) Well, Red and Black, I think we can all say it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around... (raises his cane and opens the bottom to reveal a rifle with a cross grid) ...I'm afraid this is where we part ways.

Roman unleashes a red blast at the two, (Y/N) Blink's away as the Girl jumps over it. When they look back, Roman isn't there and is now climbing up a ladder on a nearby building.

Girl: (to the onlooking shopkeeper) You okay if I go after him?

The shopkeeper gives a short "Uh huh," and the Girl sets off.

(Y/N): Oh well, ignore me then. Sorry about the window, sir.

Roman makes it to the roof, with the Girl high-flying again and landing behind him as (Y/N) Blink's up to the roof.

Girl/(Y/N): Hey! / Hey asshole!

Roman: (stopping at the edge) Persistent...

(Y/N) and the Girl get ready to fight him, but a getaway Bullhead rises up and opens the hatch to allow Roman inside.

Roman: (turning around and holding up a red Dust gem) End of the line Red and Black.

He throws it at their feet and fires at them, but (Y/N) activates Blink to stop time and try to get away, but he sees someone coming towards them; the Heart tells him to wait for the person, so he deactivates Blink, letting Romans shot connect resulting in a massive explosion.

Roman: Whoa-ho-ho-ho! (Stops laughing when he sees something on the roof) Huh?

A woman in a purple cape is now in front of (Y/N) and the Girl, casting a circle of protection over them with her wand. As the two look on, The Woman In Purple waves her weapon and summons several streaks of purple at the craft. Roman is thrown around in the back until he goes to the cockpit, dropping something onto the roof in the process; in the cockpit, there is a woman in red, her face unseen, and she is struggling with the controls.

Roman: We got a Huntress!

The woman in red gets up and heads towards the back as Roman takes the controls.

The Huntress glows purple for a moment and aims another blast above the craft, resulting in a dark storm cloud right over the jet.

Roman/(Y/N): The hell...?

With a flick of her wand, large, jagged hail starts falling that pummels the jet and even breaks through the window, narrowly missing Roman's head.

Roman: Can you hurry up? I almost just got lobotomized by a fucking icicle woman!

Woman in red: I'm trying!

The woman in red reaches back, and her arms and chest light up like fire, aiming a burst of energy at the Huntress, The Huntress blocks it, but the flame splatters behind her and glows hot with the enemy's raised hand. The Huntress backflips out of the explosion, which destroys part of the roof, and magically gathers the shards to create a large arrow, which she throws at the craft. The Fiery Woman shatters the arrow with several blasts, but it reforms just in time to hit the side of the jet due to Roman's quick aerial lean. The wreckage separates and reshapes into more arrows that encircle the jet, but the Fiery Woman summons several glowing rings around herself that expand and destroy the shards.

(Y/N), decides to help and pulls out his crossbow with explosive bolts and starts firing at the Fiery Woman, The Girl decides to follow him, and she reverts her scythe into its rifle form to fire at the Fiery woman as well, who blocks each shot and creates several blazing circles around her three opponents. The Huntress telekinetically pushes The Girl out of the way and rolls herself out of the explosion's radius as (Y/N) Blink's away, she looks up to see the hatch close, and the craft flies away.

(Y/N) walks over to see the item Roman dropped while listening to the conversation behind him.

Girl: (looking at the woman) You're a Huntress!

(Y/N) looks at the item and realizes it's a Rune, so he picks it up, and time stops.

Outsider: So, you've found a Rune have you? I know what this next ability will be. Do you want me to tell you?

(Y/N): Yes.

Outsider: This ability is called Doppelganger; with this ability, you can summon a copy of yourself to fight by your side, but you can only summon 2 of them at one time.

(Y/N): So, are they as good as me, or are they weaker?

Outsider: They are just as strong as you are.

As time resumes (Y/N) continues to listen to The Girl.

Girl: (putting on a pleading, awe-stricken face) Can I have your autograph?!

(Transition)

(Y/N): [How many times am I going to end up in an interrogation room this week]

The Huntress from before is pacing back and forth, holding some device.

Huntress: I hope you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, you two. You put yourselves and others in great danger.

Girl: They started it!

(Y/N): Oh, I'm sorry that we tried to fight a dangerous criminal and risked our lives for one shopkeeper; ill just let him rob people freely next time.

Huntress: If it were up to me, you'd both be sent home with a pat on the back... (she notices the girl's smile) and a slap on the wrist. (She tries to demonstrate with her riding crop, which would've hit The Girl, but (Y/N) grabbed her hand and moved it out of the way as the girl gives out an "Eeek"!) But... there is someone here who would like to meet you.

She moves out of the way so a surprised Girl and a confused (Y/N) can see a Man In Green come through the doorway, holding a mug and a plate of cookies.

Man In Green: Ruby Rose... (leans in to look at her face) You... have silver eyes, and you, sir, have a single silver eye.

Ruby: Uh, um...

(Y/N): [That was weird.]

Man In Green: So! Where did you learn to do this? (Gesturing with his head at the device that was somehow showing their fight)

Ruby: S-Signal Academy

Man In Green: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed.

Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.

Man In Green: I see. What about you, Mr... um

(Y/N): Kaldwin. My name is (Y/N) Demitucarious Kaldwin; my family has a history of unusual middle names.

Man In Green: Interesting; anyway, where did you learn to fight? Your skills seem like they would be the best fit for an assassin.

(Y/N): I was taught in the arts of stealth and combat by my mother, who learned it from my grandfather; my grandfather was an assassin.

Man In Green: I see, so where are you from? We have no records of you.

(Y/N): My home doesn't exist anymore; let's leave it at that.

Man In Green: Interesting.

He puts the cookies on the table in front of them. (Y/N) picks one up and eats it; Ruby tentatively picks one up, eats it in a single bite, and then, not seeing any rebuttal, shovels the rest into her mouth.

Man In Green: Now, Ms. Rose, I've only seen one other scythe wielder of that skill before. A dusty old crow...

Ruby: (mumbles through her full mouth) O-! Tha-- m- un--e! (She then swallows and wipes her mouth, embarrassed) Sorry. That's my Uncle Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now, I'm all like- Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa! (Proceeds to make some karate-style poses and noises)

Man In Green: So, I've noticed. (Placing his cup on the table as he leans in, then sits down opposite of the two) And what is an adorable girl like yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?

Ruby: Well... I want to be a Huntress.

Man In Green: You want to slay monsters?

Ruby: Yeah! I only have two more years left of training at Signal! And then I'm going to apply to Beacon! (Talking faster and faster with her enthusiasm growing) You see, my sister's starting there this year, and she's trying to become a huntress, and I'm trying to become a huntress cause I wanna help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, hey, I might as well make a career out of it! (giggles) I mean, the police are alright, but Huntsmen and Huntresses are just so much more romantic and exciting and cool and really, gosh, you know! (Flips out at the last part, staring at the three with a wide, crazy smile)

The Man In Green, The Huntress, and (Y/N) all study her.

(Y/N): [What the hell did I get myself into]

Man In Green: Do either of you know who I am?

(Y/N)/Ruby: Nope / You're Professor Ozpin. You're the headmaster at Beacon.

Ozpin: (smiling) Hello.

Ruby: Nice to meet you.

Ozpin: You want to come to my school?

Ruby: More than anything.

Ozpin: (Exchanging glances with the Huntress, who shows her disapproval with a "Hmmph" before he turns back to Ruby) Okay.

Ruby smiles, wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

Ozpin: You may leave Ms. Rose.

Ruby speeds out the door leaving a trail of rose petals, yelling, "THANK YOU."

Ozpin: Now, Mr. Kaldwin, would you also like to come to my school?

(Y/N): (Uses Heart under the table)

Heart: Ozpin has many secrets to uncover; it would be a lot easier if you were allied with him.

(Y/N): Yes, Professor, I would.

Ozpin: Good.

(Y/N): Hold on a second, Professor, I'm new here, and where I used to live, we didn't have the advancements you have here, so I'm going to need a few things.

Ozpin: So, what do you need?

(Y/N): I need a place to stay, some currency that I can use here, and whatever that device the Huntress is holding.

Huntress: My name is Glynda.

Ozpin: Ok, if you have no place to go, then I will let you stay at Beacon until the year starts; I will get you a scroll and some Lien. Deal?

(Y/N): Yes, Professor, it's a deal.

(Transition)

Yang Xiao-Long tackles her sister in a hug aboard the large Vale Airship to Beacon, crushing the air out of her.

Yang: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby: (gasping) Please stop.

Yang (releasing her sister) But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really, Sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't want to be the "bees' knees," okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course, I'm excited... I just... (sigh) I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang:(going over and giving her sister a one-armed hug) But you are special.

The girls' attention is drawn to the 2-D animated newscast on Vale News Network playing nearby, talking about the robbery and showing Roman's mugshot.

Cyril: The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues evading authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department, and let us congratulate the two people who were brave enough to try and stop this criminal, Ruby Rose, and (Y/N) Kaldwin. Back to you, Lisa.

Yang: Wait, there was someone else?

Ruby: Oh yeah, there was this other guy that was able to teleport or something, and he was in the room with me when we talked to Professor Ozpin; I don't know what happened to him after though.

Yang: Did you like him? Was he cute?

Ruby: Ewwww Yang, no, I don't even know what he looks like; he wore this strange skull-looking mask the whole time.

Yang: Relax, sis, I'm just messin' with ya.

Lisa: Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted...

The news feed is cut off as a hologram of Glynda replaces it.

Glynda: Hello, and welcome to Beacon!

Yang: Who's that?

Glynda: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

Yang: Oh.

Glynda: You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world. (disappears)

Ruby: (among several other cries of surprise) Oh, wow! Look, you can see Signal from up here! (Ruby and other students look through the glass walls at the town below) I guess home isn't too far after all!

Yang: Beacons our home now.

The two hear a passenger groaning and hunched over nearby, running to find a trashcan.

Yang: well... I guess the view isn't for everyone.

Ruby: It was a nice moment while it lasted.

The ship is seen approaching Beacon across a large body of water.

Yang: I wonder who we're gonna meet!

Ruby: I hope they're better than Vomit Boy. Oh, Yang, gross! You have puke on your shoe!

Yang: Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!

Ruby: Get-Get away from me, get away from me, get away from me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315 0 4
The story will follow a young man who, unfortunately, finds himself in a world he isn't familiar with, having no explanation or memory as to how he a...
32.6K 523 21
Remnant... A planet long abandoned by the brother gods... But what happens when the brother gods, decide to send one of their new creations to check...
2K 12 5
This is my first story. I hope you enjoy it.
7K 158 11
A shorter story about a journey through Remnant's history.