Kickin' It With You • Jack Br...

By anawriites

Is a story about a young woman, Madelynn Mayfield, commonly known as Maddie, who is a professional black belt... More

CAST | INTRODUCTION
THE NEW KID | I
THE NICKNAME WITH A SECRET | II
LIVIN' LA VIDA LOCA | IV

DANCIN' THE NIGHT AWAY | III

345 6 3
By anawriites

🤍

MADDIE IS STRETCHING HER SPLITS while reading one of the marvel comic books her uncle gave her. Past month in school was wild. That Truman kid pranked the whole Wasabi gang including her, even tho she isn't even friends with them, but they got pretty good revenge on him tho. Then Ricky Weaver, literally the coolest teen star ever, turned out to be a fucking liar freak, but then got what he totally deserved. You mess with Madelynn Mayfield, you play with fire.

She was still in her split—reading position when Ty and Frank approached her. That's when she saw some boy following close behind them, but she didn't recognise him. "Yo Mayfield, this is Brody, he's trying out for the spot in the dojo so you should  probably watch out. He's damn good.", said Frank. "Right. Okay. I'm the best student at this dojo, so I'm pretty sure you're the one that should be watching out Frankie.", she gave him a sarcastic look — earning a smirk from Brody.

"Ooh you're cool, I like you.", he pulled his hand out for her to shake and she did. "Tell me something I don't know.", she winked jokingly at him and he laughed at her. "Okay that's enough. Less talking, more kicking! C'mon chop—chop!", Ty clapped his hands trying to earn their attention, which he did, "Mayfield, up now and go show the new kid around." "On it!"

🤍

MADDIE WAS MAKING HER WAY towards her next class, which was biology, when she heard somebody running up to her: "Lynn! Hey Lynn! Wait up!", it was Jack. What a surprise huh? "You really love running around the halls, yelling my name, don't you?", she turned to look at him and he smirked: "You bet I do.", the second she understood what he meant — she kicked him hard in the knee. "You're disgusting!" "Ow! Sorry! I was just kidding!", he bent down and chupped his knee with his hands.

"You didn't have to kick me that hard!? Anyway, I didn't come here without a reason, I need to talk to you about something — more precisely, ask something." "Alright, spill. But hurry up because I don't wanna be late to class.", he got up and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "Soooo.. I was wondering if you're free this weekend?". She looked at him suspiciously and then replied: "Yeah, I am. What for?"

"Well.." "Quit the delay Brewer and just say it!", said the impatient girl. "Fine! Do you wanna go to the cotillion with me?". She felt something weird happen in her stomach. It's like millions of butterflies, but in a good way. She didn't know what to say. Well she did, she wanted to say yes, yet, there was something stopping her. She thought there was something going on between Jack and Kim, and didn't want to ruin that for them.

"Jack look. I'd actually love to go with you, but everything is just so complicated lately and I can't do this to Kim. She's my best friend.", he looked at her with disappointment but his face quickly switched to a confused look, "Wait— Kim? What does Kim has to do with anything? And she's going with that Brody guy anyways, so what's the matter?" Hold up now. Maddie thought. "Brody? As in Brody Carlson?"

"Oh you know him?" "He was in my dojo just this morning, for the tryouts. Wait— are you thinking what I'm thinking?", that's when they both connected the dots: "That Brody is only using Kim! Ty must've gotten him into something! We need to stop this Lynn!", Jack said, his heart racing. "Exactly. We can go to the cotillion together, but only so we can spy on Brody and pull Kim outta this mess!", said Maddie. "Of course! But we're only going as friends." "Right! Only as friends!", here comes the awkwardness again..

🤍

KIM AND BRODY WERE TOO busy with dancing and drooling over each other to even bother looking at their two friends who just entered the dojo. "What—? Whoa, whoa— What's going on in here?", Jack exclaimed and Maddie just slapped her own forehead, so done with his stupid question. "Uh, we're practicing our dancing for the cotillion. Also what are you doing here Mads?", Kim asked her friend, and just as she was about to answer, Jack cut her off.

"Yeah, not in here, you're not.", he argued stubbornly, "This is a dojo, brochacho!", Kim rolls her eyes and Brody chuckles at him. Jack dropped his bag on the floor and quickly ran to the other boy: "You ever been in a karate dojo before, Brody?"
"Actually, this is my first time in a dojo.", Maddie hummed in response and gave him a strange look, like he didn't just literally lied to her face. Looks like he didn't recognise her. That's perfect, she thought.

Kim looked at the notification that just popped on her phone screen: "Oh it's my mom. She found me a great dress for the cotillion. I gotta go try it on. See you tomorrow Brody.", Kim said dreamily and pulled Maddie along with her: "Oh you're coming with me Maddie! Jack.", she gave Jack a disgusted look — earning a chuckle from her best friend. "Bye bye guys!", Maddie was waving them goodbye while Kim dragged her out of the dojo.

Few hours after Jack called Maddie, right before the cotillion, wanting to go over the plan with her once again. He catched up to her in the hallway, the girl standing right next to her locker. Just as he was about to say something — he took a second to look at his partner. She's wearing a knee—low, light red dress with some matching converse. It looks pretty funny actually. But it's only because she hates high heels and everyone else knows it.

She also had little makeup on, nothing way too much though. Just some mascara, lipgloss and a bit of blush, her mom helped her got ready and she loved the way it turned out. Her hair is styled in some heatless curls that fell perfectly down her shoulders. Jack stopped in his track when he saw her look so beautiful. "Woah, I've never saw you in a dress before. And are you wearing makeup?", he took another look at the girl's face. She looked so fancy. With that gold jewellery too. It's almost like you could call her expensive. Not literally though.

"No! Maybe— Does it look bad!?", she panicked and touched her face impatiently and Jack just grabbed her hands gently. "No! Oh my God, no! You look perfect. It's just that I'm not used to this side of you. But it fits you really well.", she smiled at the boy genuinely. Nobody has ever said anything like that to her. He called her perfect.

"Thank you. And I'd like to say the same for you, except, you look like a Vegas magician.", and she wasn't lying, but honestly, he looked pretty funny. He had a black tux on with a bow tie, but the actual funny part was sparkly green cloak on the back, and the upper front pocket — filled with a big yellow flower. "Wow thanks. Next time I'll tell Rudy to go back in time and change his outfit so you can be happy princess.", Jack commented sarcastically and Maddie just chuckled at him: "Oh I just knew this was Rudy's fault!"

"But seriously Lynn, I need to tell you something about Brody that I've also found out. Earlier today, right after you and Kim left, I left him alone — just for a minute so I could go to the bathroom but I realised that I've left my—" "Dear God Jack! Just get to the point!", she cut him off, slightly disgusted to where Jack was leading this story. "Anyway, I saw him break four boards! He really isn't what he claims himself as!" "Don't you worry Jack, this ends tonight.", they high—fived each other, "There's my feisty lady again. Ow!", yup, she kicked him again.

🤍

JUST AS JACK AND MADDIE entered, they saw Kim and Brody being crowned as this year's king and queen of the swan's court. "I can't believe this is happening!", Kim exclaimed in disbelief. "Me neither.", Jack whispered into Maddie's ear. "Jack, the Black Dragons are here to get revenge on Kim." Milton explains and Maddie's eyes go wild. After everything Kim's done for us, why would they do this? She thought.

"Dude, they locked us in the closet." Jerry angrily spoke. "And now, for the presentation of the crowns by our grand swan.", the woman standing next to the pair announced. Classic music played as the swan was being driven into the room. On top of it was a blue pillow with a crown on it. Frank was the one driving the swan, and Jack realised it as he noticed the opening on the swan and how it was basically aimed at Kim. Then he saw the gravy sipping from the swan's mouth. He wasn't going to let that happen to his friend. "It's the swan!"

Jack jumped in front of Kim, trying to save her from the gravy, but he jumped a little too early and they all still got dirty. Everyone gasped, their eyes widening in shock as the scene happened in front of them. Maddie looked at them in horror and quickly ran up the stage. "Kim! Brody's a Black Dragon. He set you up.", informed Maddie. "Buy you are too?", somebody from the crowd commented. "Not after this I'm not. And that's none of your business!"

"No Kim! I had no idea, I—", she shook her head, turning away from Brody as he stopped talking, getting the signal that she doesn't want to listen to him anymore. That's when Frank sprayed Kim with the gravy again, jumping out of the swan: "Looks like you got outnumbered. Six to three.", he smirked but little did he know that he was so wrong.

"Four." "Five. "Six.", Jerry and Milton joined the trio too and Brody then switched sides. "You just made a big mistake.", Frank was about to punch him but Brody caught his hand in midair and then the fight started. Everyone else in the room washed as Wasabi warriors demolished them and sprayed gravy all over Frank at the end. Oops, karma's a bitch. Maddie laughed to herself.

Brody approached them after, feeling bad for what he did: "Guys I'm sorry. I guess I was kind of a jerk huh?" "Yeah you were.", Maddie laughed and Kim elbowed her. "But you did come trough at the end, and I forgive you.", Kim smiled at him and he took her hand leading her to the table. "Look at me. I'm a mess.", Kim scoffed. "I think brown's a good color on you.", Brody joked.

"Seriously Kim. I feel bad about what I did. I'm sorry. I really do like you." "Well, you're here now, aaand— I kinda like you too.", Maddie smiled at the pair, maybe they are meant to be after all. She felt Jack's hand over her shoulder and saw him wink at Brody. "You wanna dance?", two boys asked their partners at the same time. "Not before you clean up! I ain't letting you ruin my amazing dress with that gravy Jack!", they all laughed at her, "Oh come on Madsssss—", Kim was the first one to hug her, her baby pink dress already stained and ruined. "No no no no no!", the girl tried to escape but the boys caught her, both wrapping their arms around her, ruining her outfit as she screamed in horror.

"Assholes!", they all laughed at her little tantrum and Jack turned to look at her: "Welcome to Wasabi Warriors Lynn. You too man.", Jack welcomed them to their new dojo warmly and so did Kim. "Now let's dance!", Maddie pulled Jack to the dance floor and Kim did the same to Brody. The teens danced their hearts out that night. And that's how the story of their iconic friendship actually started.

🤍

A/N guys I have a srs problem 😟😟 I just realised that every time I finnish a chapter it's like 3AM like honestly I need a better sleeping schedule 😭🙏🏼 send help LMFAOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 10.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
1.7M 56.3K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
1.1M 48.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...