π™²πš‘πšŠπš—πšŒπšŽ, πš˜πš› π™΅πšŠπšπšŽ...

By IWriteEnglish

ON HOLD ~ Isekai stories were something you always believed only existed in stories. But after experiencing i... More

01
02
03
05
06
07

04

2.7K 170 27
By IWriteEnglish

Ever since Aquamarine's "talk" with you, you've gotten a lot more cautious with your response and facial expressions, wearing a neutral and calm expression for most of the time. Even when you were thinking, you tried your best to focus on what they were saying too. It was likely that Ruby, Ai, Miyako and Ichigo all didn't notice this, but Aquamarine, being observant as always...
You were pretty sure he noticed it anyways.

You know he suspects you. But you can't call out on what he suspects you about. For the time being, you'll just continue to play along as the curious child.

Life was pretty normal for the time being, having Miyako and Ichigo as parents. Ruby and Aquamarine being the childhood friends, and Ai as the cool aunt. You also had to admit...it was nice to feel the love of parents again, considering how in your past life, your parents were always out of the country for work.

One day, when Miyako was once again on her daily babysitting gig, caring for the three of you, Ruby excitedly exclaimed to you that her brother was casted to be in a movie of some sort along with Ai.

Ruby's eyes lit up, as she bounced around exclaiming how cool it was, chattering into your ear while you just sat down, nodding along to what she said. Aqua however, just shrugged upon hearing his sisters words.

"It's not that big of a deal, really. It was to secure a job for Mama."

He responded nonchalantly. In response to this, Ruby just squealed loudly, before continuing on her rant about "don't you know how amazing this chance is??!"

You zoned out quite a bit, but upon hearing these words, you chewed your lip slightly. If your memory serves you correctly, then Aquamarine's child acting gig with Arima Kana would be happening soon.
..

Each new chapter..serving as a reminder to Ai's looming death..

You blinked sharply, and shook your head slightly. No. Now is not the time to be having such thoughts, especially since the Hoshino twins are still here.

With this thought in mind, you picked up a couple of building blocks next to you, and you started stacking them together. You couldn't do much things, being stuck in a baby's body. Writing stories were definitely out of the question for you, reading manga..not yet, but maybe. Maybe you could play video games? Like mario kart or something? Oh, and that also reminds you..you should start to talk soon. You were turning 2 soon, so..it makes sense that you should learn how to talk.

Actually, I'm going to do that right now, you thought. Ah, the impulsive thoughts are taking over. You looked around for something to say, and your eyes landed on the strawberry Cheesecake Miyako was currently eating.

Tugging Miyako's sleeve to get her attention, you pointed at the cake that she was currently having before tilting your head sideways, putting on a curious expression as if to ask her what it was.

Noticing your curious expression, Miyako gave you a motherly smile as she patted your head.

"That's a Strawberry Cheescake, Rin"

You scrunched up your face, and pretended to stutter before finally saying your first official word.

"Ca..cake."

Acting like a baby despite having a fully grown mind was definitely not your cup of tea, but seeing the surprised reaction of Miyako definitely made it worth it. Her eyes literally seemed to shine like stars, as she picked you up and spun you around in much obvious glee. Of course, who wouldn't be excited when they see that their child has spoken their first word?

Miyako started speaking in rapid Japanese after that, and you couldn't quite understand what she was saying. Your Japanese comprehension was..not top notch, but from the tone of her voice, you got the gist that she was extremely overjoyed.

Being the ball of sunshine that she is, Ruby squealed in delight upon hearing the news that you spoke your first word. Aqua however, just widened his eyes in surprise before resuming to read his book.

You narrowed your eyes slightly. He was still suspicious of you, it seems.

...

"Thank you for taking care of Aqua today ."

Miyako said, panting slightly as she made her way to the director, carrying Ruby with one hand while tightly gripping your hand in the other. They exchanged a few more words after that, but you were already spacing out. Despite trying your best to enjoy life as it is, every scene that plays out kept reminding you of the ever looming death of Ai that was coming closer and closer.

Your thoughts was interrupted by wailing noises — ah, it was just Ruby. Flicking your eyes between the two siblings, and feeling slight pity for Aquamarine having to deal with this, you lightly patted Ruby's shoulder, calming her down. Noticing your small gesture, a pair of blue eyes met your black ones, and he gave you a nod of thanks.

Your little moment with the elder Hoshino twin was interrupted by a loud slam of papers on the desk. Looking up, you saw a girl with marroon hair and sharp, dark pink eyes. Your eyes widened in recognition and surprise, though you shouldn't even be surprised at her appearance — she was the best girl of the series after all, as well as knowing that she made an appearance in in part of the manga now turned reality of yours.

That's right, it was Arima Kana.

With one hand clutched firmly on a rolled up script, she glared at the three of you

"Hey! This is a pro's line of work,you know! If your just here to play, you should go home!"

Aquamarine glanced at her, confusion written all over his face.

"Uh.."

"I'm Arima Kana. I'm your partner today."

Kana continued, introducing herself in the process. An initially also confused Ruby widened her eyes in recognition upon hearing her name.

"..Oh! Wait, isn't she...Uhm,what was she called again...?"

She paused for a second, trying to phrase her words before continuing

"Ah! The genius child who would lick a lying snitch..?"

"Flick a crying switch!!"

Kana interrupted, puffing out her checks. At that moment, you really wanted to pinch her cheeks. She looked really cute like a strawberry and you wanted to hug her out of platonic affection. But alas, you just stood there, watching everything unfold.

"Everyone says I'm great at my crying scenes. Duh, of course they're great!"

Ruby frowned a little upon hearing Kana's words, and whispered to Aquamarine and you about her fakeness being repulsive and whatnot, Aquamarine replying her in the process. You just absentmindedly nodded along, not caring much about this situation. Instead you wondered if you could ever make friends with Kana. She may act like a spoiled brat for now, but it would be interesting to be her friend in the future no?

"Bet her acting was so bad that they had to cut it out! She seems to be buttering people up though!"

Hearing this sentence made you snap out of your thoughts, causing your face to harden and clench your fists. Despite knowing that you had all read about this before, hearing it in reality just caused something in you to snap.  Maybe it was because ever since being isekai'ed into this world, you witnessed everything unfold before your very eyes. It would be lie to also say that you hadn't started to grow attached to them.

Beside you, you already noticed the fury on the Hoshino twins faces after hearing Kana's words. Of course, Ai was their mother and someone they admired. You didn't expect anything less.

Glancing over, Kana scrunched her face, and wrinkled her nose upon seeing your weird expression.

"You, little girl. Why that weird face? Im only speaking the truth."

Who are you calling a child- I'm older than you, you bit-

Your thoughts were interrupted once more by an offhanded remark by the maroon haired girl.

"What a strange face you have. If you want to be an actor, you wouldn't even get casted. Ew."

You instinctively started to crack your knuckles. Arima kana was best girl, that is a fact, but she's such a brat as a child. You really felt like punching her at that moment

Y/n, calm down. Its hard, but you have to push down your feelings as you speak about your clients case while giving your stand in court. No matter how outrageous the opposing person's allegations are, you have to collect yourself together. That's just how it is, as an attorney. Now, keep your chin up and take in deep breaths, you got this.

A familiar voice sounded in your head, and a wave of calmness suddenly came over you. It was soothing, and it gave you the reminder that you have to keep your composure. Shutting your eyes for a brief moment, you took in a couple of deep breaths. You got this.

...

A light tap on your shoulder jolted you out of your reverie. It was Ruby. The blonde haired girl gave you a small grin, as she spoke enthusiastically.

"Marin-chan, Aqua and that genius child who would lick a lying snitch are going to start acting! Let's not miss it out, plus this is my first time seeing Onii-Chan acting!"

She said, grinning from ear to ear, prodding you. It was exactly then did you realise that Aquamarine and Kana were gone. Just how long did you zone out for?

"Uh- Ruby. How long were they..gone?"

You question in rather shaky Japanese. You really needed to brush up your Japanese language skills sometime.

She tilted her head, pondering for a moment.

"The director called them to rehearse so they went first. Ahh...I think they were gone for like, 5 minutes? I just stayed here waiting for you for a bit."

She giggled, before lightly punching you on the shoulder.

"I kept prodding you, but you didn't respond. Did you fall asleep standing with your eyes open or something ? Like a fish!"

She continued, giggling for a bit more. Then, she dragged a reluctant you by the shoulder to the set.

The only thing that occupied your mind at that moment was your thoughts and getting rather worried. You were in a daze, calming yourself down for a good 5 minutes?

It was by a mere stroke of luck that Ruby didn't notice anything off about you. But Aquamarine, being the observant bastard he was..

You were sure that he was bound to notice something off about you in that moment of you remembering your Seniors words to you in your past life.

He no doubt caught your body language, and was probably even more suspicious of you now.

And you told yourself that you strived to act more "normal" like a child your age would.

Well, well.

You messed up. And you were pretty sure that Aquamarine was going to question you sooner or later. And you may just have to come clean with him. Ruining canon was..not ideal.

Hopefully you could think of a backup plan to avoid that situation from happening.

Since you still had the brains of a law student, you could think of something. Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 8K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
181K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 62.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...