I Can't Sleep

By BlackRose779

☆ "I know how you feel..." "Oof, I sure hope not Potter. This shit hurts..." ☆ "I promise it's not poisoned."... More

Why Don't You Fuck Off
Cigarette Sunrise
Chocolate Comforts
Throw That Dog A Bone
Bathroom Break
Black Eyed Black
Detention Part. 2
We Meet Again
Friends
Padfoot's Talk
The Nuclear Option
Thank You Mary's Dad
Boyfriends
Dinner Rolls and Master Plans
Misery Loves Company
Hospital Wing

Inside the Head of Severus Snape

804 24 0
By BlackRose779

Severus POV:

I don't know what the bloody hell those damned 'Marauders' are playing at.

All year - all. Year. They have left me alone.

Alone in peace.

They've even stopped bothering Lily!

She told me she was sorta beginning to like Potter last year, so thank whatever terrible God he's ignoring her now, otherwise she'd probably an honorary member of their little gang by now.

Leaving me completely and totally alone.

No matter what Potter has always assumed, I've never like Lily that way.

Never really liked any girl that way to be honest.

But that's besides the point.

My point is that they've been basically ignoring me all year.

Not that I'm complaining, no not in the slightest, but it's fucking annoying constantly watching over my back - anticipating an attack at any moment.

So these past few months of peace, while they should have been just that, peaceful, have been a living hell.

I'm always looking over my shoulder, expecting Black to be holding a knife over me.

Or Potter to - oh bloody hell.

Here he comes now.

"Back again are you." I say quietly.

It's voiced as a question but we both know it's not.

What the hell is he doing here? I didn't actually expect him to have the - the gall to return here...

Potter just shrugs in reply and I slowly turn my gaze out onto the grounds.

Potters eyes, however, remain on me - I feel them studying me.

"It's rude to stare you know," I say, mocking his words from early.

I glance at him to see a faint flush, hard to tell in the dark but it's there.

"So I've heard." He mumbles then silence descends.

I look back at the grounds, ignoring Potters continuesly prying eyes.

He's judging...

I know he is.

When was the last time you brushed your hair?

"Shut up."

A quiet voice calls from over where Potters sitting.

I look at him to find him glaring down at the stone floor.

Did he read my mind!?

"I didn't say anything Potter." I feign ignorance.

Potter looks up at me in suprise, as if he'd forgotten I was here.

"I wasn't talking to you." He responds shortly.

. . .

Who the bloody hell was he talking to then!?

I knew Potter was crazy but not THIS crazy!

"Then who on Earth were you talking to?" I ask him, completely bewildered.

Potter simply laughs softly and taps his temple with his finger.

"The voice inside my head of course. Who else?" He tells me - dead serious.

...the fuck -

Oh don't act like you don't talk to me all the fucking time! Who else would you talk to?

"Don't look so horrified, Snape, I'm not mad. And I'm not gonna suddenly go ballistic and shove you off this thing." Potter chuckles, doing nothing to soothe me.

Your past behavior leads me to believe otherwise...

Potter has taken every opportunity possible to make my life hell, why should I believe that finally ending me would be out of his abilities.

"Wouldn't put it past you." I say quietly.

Looking over the side, down into the darkness, i wonder how far down it is, and what my chances of survival would be if Potter did suddenly choose to attack.

...Not very high.

I give him a small glance.

Chances of being able to take Potter down with me however...

"Yeah..." Potter gives a hollow laugh. "Yeah I probably wouldn't either..."

I raise my eyebrows at his almost self-deprecating tone.

Who is this?

Because this is not the James Potter I know.

James Potter POV:

Snape, oddly enough, looks suprised at my statement - as if there's anyone in this world who would put it past me.

"Well I wouldn't try anything if I were you. You might look like an angel but I highly doubt you're going to sprout wings and fly should I bring you down with me." Snape chuckles.

I almost reel back in suprise.

Feeling my old, arrogant self flare up inside me I smirk and puff out my chest slightly.

"You think I look like an angel then?" I raise an eyebrow, "I had no idea you thought so highly of me."

Snapes eyes widen and he gulps, glancing away.

In the pale moonlight I can see a light blush stain his face and he immediately tries to backtrack.

"I-I - that's not... he stutters, flustered.

My smirk begins to fade, as does that somewhat antiquated feeling of arrogance I used to always dorn.

I wave my hand slight with a small chuckle.

"I'm only joking," I say quietly.

"Didn't mean to make you all..." I trail off, gesturing to him.

He gives me a half-hearted glare but says nothing more, opting instead to look out over the grounds.

Great, you scared him off yet again.

"Don't flatter yourself Potter, you're not my type," he speaks.

His voice is cold but the look he gives me hold humor.

I give a small smile and quiet chuckle in return, happy that he's seemingly warming up to me.

"Sure I'm not Snape...Sure I'm not..."

The rest of the night was spent in sarcastic humor and eye rolls.

Snape and I didn't talk much but when we did it was light, joking, in a way, refreshing.

We smoked and talked until the early hours of the morning - which probably wasn't a good idea considering I'm going on a date today.

Sitting up straight, my eyes wide, I gasp.

"What is it?" Snape asks worriedly.

"I'm going on a date today!" I exclaim.

Scrambling to my feet I'm hit by a dizzy spell and sway for a second before pushing through it.

"Merlins balls I don't know how I could have forgot! I need to get to sleep or else they'll kill me!" I say, more to myself.

Running my hand through my hair - which is more of a nervous habit than anything these days - I begin to pace.

The sun is almost completely up and I haven't slept a wink.

Shit, Remus might even cancel the date and drag me to the infirmary.

"I don't know why you're so worried about not sleeping Potter," Snape says nonchalantly, stretching.

I turn to him in exasperation.

"No of course you wouldn't why would you!" I exclaim and he raises an eyebrow.

"Remus is gonna take one look at the bags under my eyes and know I didn't sleep last night!" I explain.

Snape nods in understanding and then goes into his own thoughts.

I know I should probably be running back to the dorms, trying to get to sleep or in the very least doing something to rectify my situation, but something in me simply doesn't want to leave this place.

And besides, if there's one student at hogwarts who's smart enough to know what to do, it's Severus.

"I have an idea,"

Speak of the Devil.

Ok I know I said in the last chapter this one was gonna be their date but I didn't want to make this chapter too long so I split it.

The next chapter will be updated soon.

If you haven't already plz go check out my other book, To Be Hated.

It's a Jeverus story and it's been recently updated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 804 6
I made this ages ago and honestly, I don't like it. There are some people who do like it and that's alright but for me, I don't like it. You can read...
26.4K 656 86
LONG FIC // COMPLETE Fifth Year has rolled around for the Marauders at Hogwarts. However, this year is a bit different because a certain Marauder; Ja...
71K 2.8K 23
No one knows what happened to James Potter over the break. All they know is that he disappeared two weeks before thanksgiving and came back a differe...
209K 8.3K 24
i'm gonna try to write a proper description. don't take this seriously at all really i wrote this for a laugh that's all (i was also 14 so i don't re...