𝗛𝗜𝗠 & 𝗜, modern family

By Madixu

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 🏡 𝗛𝗶𝗺 & 𝗜 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 ⸻ ❛❛ Phil and Claire have four children. The oldest who is basically t... More

𝙃𝙞𝙢 & 𝙄
the extra's
graphics
Pilot
The Bicycle thief
Come Fly with me
The incident
Coal digger
Run for you're wife
An garde
Great expectations
Undeck the Halls
Up all night
Not in my house

Fizbo

9.8K 353 26
By Madixu

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
If love can fade,
Then so can pain
— Faraway

°。°。°。°。°。°。

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚
flashbacks

Do we know anything?" Jay asked, walking into the hospital.

"No, they're in there now with the doctor. We're lucky though, the paramedics said it could've been a lot worse" Mitchell says, filling in paperwork.

"My god. How did this even happen?" Jay questions out loud.

Earlier that day

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
— Madison's pov

"Do you think Maddy could get a disease with how much strawberry lemonade she drinks?" Alex wonders out loud, walking in the kitchen.

"Are you serious Alex?" I spoke annoyed. "I am very serieus Maddy" Alex says, putting her new school project down.

"Your sister is just fine Alex" mom confirms, pouring her some coffee. She reluctantly nods her head exiting the kitchen.

Luke walks in the room talking to himself. Dad, mom and I look up as he is in conversation with himself.

"There he is. Big day's coming up" dad says with his mouth full of cereal.

"What do you want for your birthday, big dog" dad asks Luke.

"It's okay. I'm good" Luke says.

He is like this every year, he never wants a present. You could give him a lint and he'd be happy with it

"If he doesn't want a present, I would like one" I suggest raising my eyebrows.

"Keep dreaming Maddy" mom says smiling at me while mouthing no.

"Come on. Sky's the limit. Dream big, my boy" dad says, getting up and standing in front of Luke.

"Well, I guess I could use a belt" Luke says not really caring.

Are you serieus, he could ask for anything but he asks for a belt.

"A belt?" mom says.

"Yeah, you're right, I don't need it. The extension cord work pretty good" Luke says, lifting up his shirt revealing an extension cord around his middle.

"If anyone sees this, there gonna call child protection" I say to mom. She signs nodding her head.

I turn to Luke. "Luke can you please take that extension cord off, you can take my belt" I say to him.

He nods his head walking out the kitchen.

"I feel terrible. We gotta do something" dad says. I nod my head in agreement.

"Oh! Yeah" mom agrees excitedly.

"Um... You know the family is gonna be together for Thanksgiving for the first in I don't know even how long. So.." mom trails off.

"I am so with you. We should blow this out and throw Luke the best birthday party of all time" dad proposes.

"Yes, and we'll order a whole bunch of pizzas and set up an arts and crafts table" mom says. Oh no you lost me.

"A what" dad and I say.

"Yeah, a crafts table" mom repeats. "You know, everybody gathers around and they make stuff and then bam! they've got their own party favor" mom explains exited.

Dad fake snores. "Sorry I fell asleep while you were describing the most boring party ever" dad jokes, smiling at me.

Mom punches dad on the arm. "Ow!" Dad yelps.

"Have fun figuring out what to do for Luke" I yell walking out the kitchen.

"No. No, no no. I want the most dangerous reptile you've got" dad repeated.

I stood next to dad while he talked to this lady with reptiles. I looked around myself and observed the front yard.

Balloons everywhere and a big banner hanging above the front door.

There was a bouncy castle, they were setting up a zip line and much more. It seemed like the front yard becoming a amusement park.

I turned my attention back to the conversation. "I have an iguana that eats crickets" the jungle lady says.

"That would be scary if it was a birthday party for crickets. Seriously Jungle Tanya, I need you to step it up a notch. Is there anything that scare the cocoa out of you?" dad asked her desperately.

"Not really. I do have a bearded dragon" she says, looking in the back of her van.

"Like the ones in game of thrones?" I ask her excitedly.

"Is it like the ones in game of thrones" dad says interested. "No I does not breathe fire and it's doesn't have wings" she says. Bummer.

"The we're back to square one, aren't we?" dad groaned.

"It all happened so fast" Haley says, walking towards Claire.

"I keep thinking there was something I could've done" Jay sighs, looking ahead.

"No. Don't blame yourself. Who could have possibly seen it coming" Mitchell objected, trying to comfort his father.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
2nd person

"Sweetie, that's a rock wall! Is that even safe? Oh, my god" Claire gasped out. The rock wall was put down and it made a sound of clashes, making Claire flinch back a little.

"Honey, relax." Phil replied, trying to comfort his wife.

"Hey, has anyone ever gotten hurt on one of these things?" Phil asked one of the employees.

"I don't know man. It's my first day" the employees says, smiling brightly walking away from the couple.

"See? They wouldn't let the new guy do it if it weren't" Phil stutters.

"That did not make me feel better" Claire spoke, shaking her head in disapproved.

"Don't worry, I signed like 100 releases" Phil shrugs it off. Claire's jaws drops looking around her.

"When did we decide all this? I think it's too much" Claire admits looking panicked.

"See, I knew you'd say that, that's why I didn't tell you. So just relax, grab a snow cone" Phil offers.

"There's a snow cone machine" Claire asks in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, see for yourself" Phil chuckled, gesturing towards the machine that's standing a few feet away from them.

At the machine is Madison with a bright pink snow cone in her hand. A energized look on her face that matches her bright smile.

"Look mom! They have strawberry lemonade snow cones!" Madison shouted showing her mother the snow cone that's in her hand. 

"Omg, we can't let her have too much of those" Claire says shaking her head.

"Mom, just so you know Dylan cannot have mayonnaise" Haley says walking up to her parents.

Claire looks confused at Haley. "That's random. Why are you telling me that" Claire asks her.

Because he and Will are coming to the party" Haley admits hoping her mother would approve.

"Also are Kiara, John b, Jj and Pope. Luke wanted them to come" she adds.

"Okay are Dylan and Will absolutely necessary?" Claire asks her daughter while Alex also walks up to her parents.

"Yes, because she can't go ten minutes without her boyfriends tongue in her mouth. It's like he's feeding a baby bird" Alex jokes with disgust in her tone.

"Don't be so jealous. I'm sure you'll meet someone super hot at computer camp" Haley fires back looking Alex in the eyes.

"And mom where Dylan goes, Will goes" Haley says walking away.

Phil shakes his head acting like nothing happened. "So, what you got there?" Phil asks.

Claire looks down at what Phil is pointing at. "Oh! These are supplies for the crafts table. I finally figured out what I am gonna make" Claire says exited.

"Kids bored?" Phil laughs. Claire's smile drops and flared at Phil.

"I'm teasing. I'm teasing. It looks good . What is it?" Phil asks.

"Comb sheaths" Claire reveals confidant. Showing Phil the comb sheaths she made.

Phil raises his eyebrows in question.

"I know, I know, but we made them when I was 11 years old at Donna Rigby's birthday party. At first we thought it was really stupid and then we had a blast so..." Claire explains not really caring what Phil his opinion is.

"How could you not? You combined the two things that kids love the most, combs and sheaths" Phil says in a joking tone looking at the sheath his wife made.

Claire glares at him. Turning around and walking away from her husband and daughter.

"I'm kidding!" Phil says, walking after Claire trying to cheer her up.

"If this tape is found in the future, this is how we humans celebrated birthdays" Phil says stimulative filming the party.

"Hey, dad!" Luke yelled going off the zip line. Phil turns around and films Luke.

"Yeah, there's my boy. Zip line extreme.." Phil gets cut off as Luke crashes into Phil.

Phil falls backwards onto the ground. He lets out a grunts as he hits the ground.

He stand up fast embarrassed. "I'm okay. I'm good. Lesson learned. Don't stand there"

"Let's go ahead and rope this area off" Phil points at the at the area where the zip line is.

"Excellent. Thank you. Hey, buddy" Phil says limping towards Luke.

"You having fun" Phil asks crouching in front of Luke.

"Yeah, and I love my new belt" Luka answers showing his dad his new belt.

"Hey Luke! You wanna make a comb sheath?" Claire tries to convince her son.

Luke squints his eyes. "A what?" He asks.

"It's a cool leather holder for your comb" Claire explains.

"I have beads, glitter and all kinds of stuff. Do you want to?" Claire asks her son.

Luke doesn't look interested. "Nah, I'm gonna do the rock wall" He replies walking towards the rock wall.

Claire hides her disappointed expression. "Okay honey, it's your day!" she says.

"Honey, let me know if you get low on supplies. I'll make a quick run back to the 1950s for you." Phil jokes.

Before Claire can say or remark anything a girl on the zip line crashes into Phil.

Phil falls again on the ground. "Again? Seriously. Zip line guys use some ropes" Phil grunts out, standing up from the ground.

"Hey guys, thank you so much for coming" Madison thanks her friends walking into her house. She really appreciated that her friends came.

Surprisingly Luke enjoys their company. The boys always joke around with him and sometimes play games together. And Luke has a mayor crush on Kiara. It's honestly cute.

"Anything for the little man" Jj says, putting his gift on the table. John b and Pope in row also putting their gifts on the table.

"We wouldn't miss this for the world" Kiara says hugging Madison swiftly.

"Where's the little man" Pope asks looking for Luke.

Madison looks around for Luke. He has been running around the whole house and garden the whole day.

"I'm sure he's around, in case you haven't noticed there's a whole Amusement park in my front and back yard" Madison says walking to the tv room.

"Yeah we saw, what the hell did your dad order" John b asks.

"A zip line, rock climbing wal, a bouncy castle and much more" Madison goes off.

Then she remembers the snow cone machine. Normally they don't sell strawberry lemonade flavored but she convinced the worker to do it anyway.

"Also they have a snow cone machine with the flavor strawberry lemo" she shrieks exited.

Her friends shake their heads in amusement. "Well we are gonna go to the rock wall" Jj says gesturing to John b and Pope.

"Have fun guys, let me know if someone falls down" Madison says turning her attention towards the reptile lady with Kiara next to her.

Luke walks into the room. He notices Kiara and he starts  to smile in an instant. "Oh god" Madison mutters.

Her little brother walks towards the jungle lady and whispers into her ear. Both girls having no idea what's going. The duo is distracted they don't notice Haley, Dylan and Will walking towards the duo.

"Well what a coincidence to see you here Emmy" Will greets her in a smug tone. He turns to Kiara smiling.

"Good day to you Kiara" Will says actually liking her company sometimes.

Kiara nods at him as greeting already knowing Will being here would agitate Madison.

"What the hell are you doing here Will?" Madison asks shocked to see Will here on her brothers birthday party.

"Well Dylan was invited which means I'm automatically invited and Haley said it was okay" Will says standing behind Madison looking at the reptiles.

Madison looked at Haley with an "Are you serieus" look. Haley smiles at her with a glint of mischief in her eyes. Haley thought her plan was going good.

Though both Will or Madison will admit this everyone thought they would be a cute couple.

"Doesn't matter he's here now" Haley says turning her attention towards Luke. Madison let's out a huff but she let it go and turns towards Luke. 

Luke is standing there with an iguana on his head.

"All right, let's all give Luke a big hand for being so brave" Tanya praises Luke.

"It would've been cooler if it was a dragon" Madison mumbles thinking no can hear her. She thought wrong.

From behind her she hears Wills laughing. He cranes his head down a little towards the side of her head.

"It really would've" he whispers in a husky tone.

A small shiver runs down her spine due to the small proximity. She ignores the feeling and rolls her eyes with a small smile on her face. She jabs her elbow in his chest.

Both Kiara and Haley see this, smiling to each other.

"This feels so weird. What does it eat?" Luke asks her, still with the iguana on his head.

"Oh. Just little boy brains" Tanya taunts looking at all the kids on the couch. "We'll at least Lukes got nothing to worry about" Alex mumbles walking away from the group.

"Is there Mayo in this?" Dylan asks Haley pointing with his fork at his food.

She shakes her head. "No, you're good"

"So, I was thinking maybe we could slip away..." Haley proposed. "So, does anyone wanna pet the iguana?" Tanya asks the crowd.

"Hells yeah! Will come on" Dylan smiled. Will reluctantly moved away from Madison and the group and walked with Dylan to the jungle lady.

"I love lizards. What his name?" Dylan asks with a big smile on his face holding the green iguana. Standing slightly behind Dylan stood Will not as exited as his friend.

Will had een emotionless expression on his face looking bored out of his mind. Madison let out a small giggle. Will glances at Madison and seeing her laugh at his face.

He rolls his eyes at her. The corners of his mouth lift up a little.

"Her name is Lizzy" Tanya answers looking at Dylan with interest in her eyes. "Wow" Dylan mutters.

"I totally get that"

"You don't deserve this" Alex says walking back over to Madison and Kiara. "What?" Haley asks obviously confused.

"Hot reptile chick, you know, probably has her own apartment, obviously okay touching gross stuff" Alex observed.

"They're just talking" Haley denies. Not believing what Alex was implying.

"You're right, Dylan is far too sophisticated to get sucked in by a single lady with tons of cool tattoos" Alex says sarcastically while gesturing towards Dylan.

"Hey, I think it peed on me" Dylan squeals happily?

While Will looks utterly disgusted and walks away from Dylan. He walks back to the others. Walks around Madison and stand behind her again with his arms crossed.

Although Madison would never admit this out loud, not over her dead body he did look good. Dark grey washed jeans with a black shirt not to tight around him but not to loose. To top the outfit off he also brought a black leather jacket.

"So disgusting" Will mutters.

"No way. Mother Nature" he laughs with Tanya. Haley her smile drops and a hesitating look on her face.

"Come on Haley, Dylan is crazy about you" Madison says hoping to convince her. "Dylan might be too stupid to even realize that Tanya is interested" Will says, glancing at Madison.

3rd person

Standing at the snow cone machine is Madison ordering another strawberry lemo flavored cone. After leaving the living room she thought she could sneakily buy another one.

Her parents warned her to stop eating the cones because she would get an energie attack from it. She ignored those warnings because this would be her fifth cone.

"Caught you!" Will boomed from behind her. He looks down at her with a cheeky smile.

While Madison wasn't as pleased at him. Her heart pounding thinking her parents caught her. She slaps his arm "Jezus Will! You scared the shit out of me" Madison snapped.

"I thought I was caught by my parents" she says quickly looking around her. Scanning to see if her parents are nearby.

Will looks at her. His eyebrows rose. "May I ask why?"
he asks her. "They told me not to get more cones" she answers.

"And why aren't you aloud to buy them?" he wonders looking at her. "This one is my fifth" she admits.

"Of coarse it is" he mumbles with a small smile.

He didn't really have time to scan her appearance. While she was rambling about how it wasn't a big deal that she would get an energy attack from it. Will couldn't help but inspect her.

She was wearing a beige dress with floral prints on it with a white button up. Wearing white sneakers underneath. As accessories a gold necklace with a diamond in the center. Her hair was slightly curled and below her shoulders. Her nails were white French tips and a few simple golden rings.

In the meen time Madison had already finished her cone.

He would never admit it but he thought she looked good. No scrap that he thought she looked gorgeous.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when a felt a tug at his arm. Regaining his focus he looked at Madison. "I stopped talking like 3 minutes ago but you kept staring at me" she explains.

"I thought your brain had shut off" she jokes. In all honest she thought she hated him but he wasn't the worst.

"No just zoned out that's all" Will says flashing his famous smirks.

"Great job, buddy! Now comes the fun part. Rappel down" Phil praises him. Madison and Will walk over where her dad is standing.

"Hey dad" Madison says looking up at Luke. "Hey there Maddy" Phil says looking away from Luke.

"Mr Dunphy, nice seeing you again" Will says shaking his hand. "I have had dinner at your house, your at my sons party you can call me Phil" Phil shrugging off the formals.

"Alright then Phil" Will says smiling.

"Just rappel down Luke" Madison exclaimed at Luke.

Luke looks down with a scared look on his face. Holding on the rope that's secured around his middle.

"It's really high" he doubts. Looking back up. "You have nothing to fear but fear itself" Phil quotes pointing at Like trying to encourage him.

Phil looks hesitantly down at the ground. "And the concrete, but im right here buddy" Phil says.

Wills face scrunched up in confusion. "Not really helping dad" Madison says smiling at Luke.

"Okay. Just catch me" Luke says softly. Phil opens his arms. Madison looks up at Will while stepping back not wanting to get caught up in that. Will taking the hint also steps back.

"Hey,hey ,hey! Everybody quit your clowning around that's my job!" Cameron hollers walking into the party in a clown costume.

Madison her mouth goes dry and bumps into Wills chest. Her heart speeding up when she looks at the clown.

Will steadies her looking at her with a small hint of worry. Luke finally comes down the rock wall.

"You must be the birthday" Cameron says bowing down to Luke. Madison and Will walk towards Phil. Will walks upfront.

When Madison has to walk past the clown her step speed up. Not wanting to be near the clown to long.

Madison stands next to her dad gripping onto his arm. Will standing behind Madison not really understanding what's going on.

"It's a clown" Phil whispers harshly. Madison nods her head. Their family don't know this but Madison and Phil have a crippling fear of clowns. "I know" Madison replies.

The last time Madison saw a clown she punched it in jaw when he came to close. She was 9 years old at her own birthday party. The clown was trying to give her a balloon animal but Madison thought he was gonna take her.

"Wow. Is that you, uncle Cam?" Luke asks smiling.

"No, I'm Fizbo the clown. I don't know who this uncle Cam is, but he sure sounds handsome, doesn't he?" Cameron says smugly.

Phil tugs his daughter back so the clown doesn't come to close. Will still not understanding what's going is getting gently shoved forward by Phil and put in front of Maddy slightly.

"Hey, who likes balloon animals?" Cameron asks the children. The kids jump up and yell "I do, I do"

Cameron and the kids walk away. "It's just Cam, just cam" Phil reassures himself. Will goes to stand next to Madison.

"You two alright?" Mitchell asks Madison and Phil noticing how they are acting. Phil keeps scratching the back of his head and Madison hugging herself with arms crossed.

"Yeah. We just have a kind of complicated relationship with clowns" Phil mutters steadying and walking away with Madison and Will in tow.

Mitchell let's out a small ooh. "Wow. Join the club" he says to himself.

"Hey, look what grandpa gave me. A crossbow!" Luke reveals showing Claire, Madison and Jj his new "toy"

"Sweetie, that does not look safe" Claire worries looking at her father with a disapproving frown.

"Don't worry, he's gonna show me how to use it" Luke says with even more excitement. "That's what I'm afraid of" Claire stammers as Luke walks away.

"Can't believe your gramps gave him that" Jj says walking away with Madison. "When I turned fourteen years old he tried to give me a gun, but mom didn't approve obviously" Madison laughs.

Jj and Madison join John B, Pope and Kiara who are laughing loudly and pointing at Pope. "What are we laughing about?" Madison asks.

"Pope couldn't go higher then 6 feet of the ground" John hollers holding his stomachs as it started to ache from all the laughing

"You didn't go up there John!" Pope tries to defend himself.

SCORPION!

All five of them turn their head at the commotion. Kids running and screaming along with a certain clown who screams even louder then the children.

Cameron knows over the Claire was sitting at all the boxes with beads are knocked over and spilled all over the floor. 

Phil sees Cameron screaming and running towards him. He starts to stumble away. "Oh, no. Too close!" He starts to mumble stumbling towards Jay who's holding the cross bow trying to show Luke how to use it.

He bumps into him making Jay to drop the cross bow to go off. The arrow flies into the bouncy castle. "What the hell? Oh crap!" Jay curses.

All the kids in the bouncy castle are screaming trying to get out. "Oh my god!" Claire exclaims in panic.

Madison rushes over to  Alex and pulls her out of the large crowd. "You stay here okay?" Madison says looking at the her.

She nod their heads rapidly. Madison rushes back into the front yard. She runs over to her mom who's hunched over Luke.

"My arm! My arm!" Luke repeats groaning in pain.

"Omg! What happened?" Madison asks leaning over to see what happened.

Claire and Phil lift Luke form the ground. "I slipped on these stupid beads" he says holding his arm.

Claire looks at Phil in blame. "Oops" she lets out.

"How is he" Gloria asks walking in with Manny. Claire gets up from her seat. "He's gonna be just fine" Claire says reassuring Gloria.

Luke walks with Phil behind him into the waiting room. Everybody stands up and walk over to him. "Hi honey" Claire says hugging him.

"How are you kid?" Jay asks him. "There he is" Manny says acknowledging him. "pobrecito" Gloria says while Jay hugs his wife.

Everybody stand around Luke.

Luke looks happy to see his family here for him. "Wow everybody's here" he noticed. "Of course we are. How's the busted flipper?" Jay asks him looking at the cast on Luke's arm.

"Sorry about today buddy, we'll try again next year" Phil says stroking Luke's hair in comforts. "Are you kidding?" Luke's asks in disbelief.

"This was the best birthday ever!" He exclaims. "What?" Claire says surprised. " I got a cast" he says holding up his broken arm. "You like the cast?" She asked still not understanding

"I've always wanted one. After a few weeks they start to smell" he says still exited je broke his arm. "You are so weird" Alex says but smiling at him.

"Can we sign?" Madison says holding a marker.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Authors note ↓
So it has been a while since I have updated so I hope I can make it up with you guys with this long chapter.

It took my 4 hours to write. I really hope you liked it. As always let me know what you guys think. Any grammar mistakes I'm sorry English is not my first language.

I haven't proof read it tomorrow I will.

Have a good morning, good afternoon and goodnight!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 1.4K 42
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 '𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐓'
131K 4.3K 30
Cassidy Iris Pritchett, the youngest daughter to Jay and Dede Pritchett. 26, Sports Marketer and blushing bride. Ryan Wyatt Spencer, second child of...
55.3K 2.2K 50
"Just friends, right? Prove it, Haley." This is a Modern Family alternate universe fanfic. Haley Dunphy x femoc. Rated Mature. *I do not own Modern F...
56.2K 1.5K 48
❝ 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥? ❞ ───✰✰✰✰✰─── 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘴...