Oblivious (Lookism Various)

By dalandaine

In which, the main character was simply put in a new department, being fully enlightened regarding the romant... More

ようこそ
000: Welcome to J-High
001: Fashion Department (1)
002: Fashion Department (2)
003: Fashion Department (3)
004: Fashion Department (4)
005: Vasco Lee (1)
006: Vasco Lee (2)
007: Get-Together (1)
008: Get-Together (2)
009 : Get-Together (3)
010: Library Date (1)
011: Library Date (2)
012: Daniel's Birthday
New Year Special: Overcrowded Mall
013: School Festival (1)
014: School Festival (2)
015: School Festival (3)
016: School Festival (4)
Special Chapter: First Encounter
017: Live Streaming (1)
018: Live Streaming (2)
019: Live Streaming (3)
020: Live Streaming (4)
022: Craigslist (1)
023: Craigslist (2)
Special Chapter: Time of the Month
024: Midterms
025: Retreat Camp (1)
026: Retreat Camp (2)
027: Retreat Camp (3)
028: Retreat Camp (4)
029: Retreat Camp (5)
030: Retreat Camp (6)
031: Retreat Camp (7)
Christmas Special: DG's Christmas Concert
Christmas Special: Sudden Open Forum
Christmas Special: Under the Mistletoe
Upcoming Lookism Books

021: Live Streaming (5)

1.4K 93 23
By dalandaine

WHY ARE Y'ALL BARKING IN MY COMMENT SECTION

[⚠️] Contains strong language, violence, stalking, and mention of the word "knife"

Webtoon Chapter: 32, 33

In the end...

Nari fell backward on her bed with a small sigh as she stared up at the ceiling of her room.

I got free snacks!

A grin made its way on her face as she raised the numerous plastic bags that her hands held which contains everything Zack got for her from the convenience store. She sat up, giggling as she emptied the bags, various snacks surrounding her sitting form. Nari examined the snacks one by one until her eyes halted at some specific snacks.

"Oh right! I got these for Zoe."

She came across Zoe's favorite snacks so she brought them for her. Not exactly brought since Zack was the one who paid for it but it's the same thing. The tall female reached out for her phone and decided to dial her bob-haired friend's number. Zoe immediately picked the call up as soon as it rang.

"Zoe, are you awake?"

"Nari, I literally picked the phone up." 

"Oh right."

Nari stood up on her feet and set Zoe's snacks back in the plastic bag. She snatched her motorcycle keys and made her way out of her room, not bothering to clean up or change as she was still wearing the same clothes she wore when she went to the convenience store with Zack.

"I'm glad you called! It's dark and scary out here.."

"Hmm? Where are you?"

She exited her place and entered the elevator with one hand holding her phone up to her ear and the other holding the snacks and the keys.

"My mom asked me to throw out the trash." Zoe responded from the other side of the phone making Nari hum once more.

"I'll be there. Don't sleep yet."

"Huh? You'll be-"

"E-excuse me."

As Zoe was about to respond to Nari, an unfamiliar voice cuts her off which piqued both females' attention.

"Zoe? Who was that?" Nari asked with both curiosity and concern.

"I need directions." the guy continued.

"During this time and in a dark alleyway? Go back to your house quickly!" 

Nari immediately went out of the elevator as soon as it reached the ground floor, taking big steps as she did so. The staffs greeted her with a bow and the individuals present in the lobby during this time can't take their eyes off her, gawking and a red hue creeping up their cheeks but the attractive female was too worried to pay attention to her surroundings as Zoe was too creeped out on the other side to respond. 

"I don't know the way so.."

"Oh... I don't really know.."

Zoe's worried voice can be heard. Nari listened more intently, biting her lower lip as her footsteps got faster and faster until she got out of the building. 

"Zoe!! Run!!" the familiar voice of the store clerk screamed on the other line.

Nari was stuck between feeling relieved and being a lot more concerned. It was a relief that there was finally someone who was there to shield Zoe away from danger but it was more worrisome, knowing that the said someone is the convenience store clerk she knew to be vulnerable.

"Zoe! Hurry! He bought a knife!!"

And he's a dumb one at that.

"Idiot! Why did you have to scream it out loud!" 

Nari's breathy voice yelled as she ran to her parked vehicle. She yelled so loud that both Daniel and Zoe heard it clearly from the gadget that the bob-haired female held.

"Huh? Na-" Daniel didn't even get the chance to completely mutter Nari's name when the stalker plunge himself into the two, rising the weapon high.

"KYAAHH!!" 

Zoe squealed in both fear and surprise as the clerk let out a gasp and stepped backward as he shielded Zoe at the same time. The shock and the little force of Daniel's back pushing her backward made her end the call with the tall noirette by mistake as her phone fell on the hard concrete. 

"Shit." Nari cursed out.

Without a second, she immediately rode her motorcycle with ease as soon as she reached the vehicle in the parking lot. She inserted and twisted the key and drove away in a flash, but not before wearing a helmet. 

The almost clear street made it easier for her to drive at a fast speed. She doesn't even have time to appreciate the cool night breeze as her worry for her friend occupied her feelings and thoughts. Nari passed by the convenience store. She paid no mind about the crowd of people standing outside the store and drove past them which made them squeal at the harsh wind slapping them. 

"WHAT WAS THAT?!"

Nari didn't even bother to slow her speed down as she entered the alleyway, her wheels making a harsh screeching sound as she made sharp turns on the alley's corners. 

"I-i-i did nothing-!"

And when she made another turn, she failed to notice a form standing at a corner, making her hit him before she could even hit the brake. The guy loses his grip on the knife he was carelessly swinging around just a second ago as he drifted forward onto both Daniel's and Zoe's feet making the two shriek and jump back. Even Vasco, who stood meters away from them, let out a girly squeal as the stalker groans in pain.

"Oops.."

The female took off her helmet with both feet flattened down the concrete between her motorcycle to balance the vehicle.

"My bad."

"Nari! Is your motorcycle okay?!" 

Vasco shouted in worry while Nari made an okay gesture as a response. The other two just gaped at the noirette's sudden appearance.

'Is it just me or Nari is extra cool tonight?' Daniel thought.

"Y-you!" the stalker called out, making all of them eye his crawling form.

They were caught off guard when a spine-chilling grin made its way onto his face as he stood up. He opened his arms and immediately sprinted towards Nari's direction, his cheeks crimson red.

"Nari- my wife! My lovely Nari! Those security bastards wouldn't allow me near our home!"

"What the fuck?!" Nari screeched out.

Her eyes met Vasco's back in a flash. The said male didn't waste any second and immediately stuck a hand to grip the creep's neck.

"Urk!! L-let me.. down!"

"Don't hurt Nari."

The stalker continuously begs Vasco to put him down, yet, his cries went unheard by Vasco. As the architecture student was about to throw a punch at him, a man with a disability crawling with the help of a skateboard, stopped him. He claimed to be the stalker's father, making Vasco let go of his son in pity with a mix of slight regret for his violent actions.

"What.. Dad? What the?! You snuck on my PC and followed me? Hu-humiliating! What are you gonna do if Zoe and Nari hate me because of you?"

This made Nari frown. Not only by the way her and Zoe's name rolled off his tongue but also by the words he spat at his father. The stalker's dad continued to beg for forgiveness from Vasco as he paid no mind to his son's harsh words. Daniel, on the other hand, can't bring himself to stop the guilt crawling on him as he recalls how he did the exact same thing to his mom back then.

It confuses Nari how throwing a tantrum over his dad following him diverted to prejudice, discrimination, noblesse oblige, and collectivism, up to his girl problems. At this point, he was just absentmindedly blabbering about all of his life struggles.

Much to the J High students' relief, the police decided that it was the perfect time to show up. So did the people who were supposed to be the bystanders. The tears that Zoe was containing spilled out all at once with her whole body shaking due to the overwhelming emotions as she threw herself to Daniel. 

"Piggy! Does it hurt? Are you injured? That must've hurt so much! Waahhh!"

Nari approached the two and pat their heads with a sigh. Zoe switched from hugging Daniel to hugging Nari and buried her head in the female's chest. Vasco shed another tear that night.

"Um... I'm wondering... Your chubby friend. I mean.. where does he live?" Zoe questioned Daniel, fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

"Oh him? Him? Why?"

"D-don't misunderstand! I just wanted to thank him!" Zoe reasoned. But she knew that she was more likely explaining to Nari than to Daniel.

"Yeah Daniel, don't misunderstand." Nari teased from behind Zoe as she rest her chin on the bob-haired female's shoulder with a grin. Her comment makes Zoe internally cry.

"Right, Daniel. What's your friend's name?"

"Huh?" Daniel can feel himself blushing.

'Is she interested in my original body?'

He was itching to punch himself for assuming something that is least likely to happen. The class' attention was diverted to Yui, who just entered the room. Everyone, Nari included, was taken aback when the live streamer handed a handkerchief to the noirette.

"I broke up with him. Thanks for yesterday."

"I helped you last night too." Zack chirped in.

"Um.. Thank you?"

Before he could even irk at her ungratefulness, he caught sight of Mira who was squinting her eyes at him. Zack knew that he fucked up the chance of getting Mira's support and there, he saw the future of ZaRi shattering

Words: 1,610

06.28.23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 283 14
I have to protect what is most precious to me even if it means that I'll have to put my past behind me ~ Our past never forgets~ ...You left me behi...
98.3K 4K 25
Lookism Various Characters x Female Reader Fanfiction Dissociative Amnesia. A type of amnesia where you'll experience difficulty remembering importan...
15.4K 780 13
Various! X Male! Reader. Smut Included. WARNING!! VERY SLOW UPDATES!!
8.9K 561 28
[ various! lookism × fem! reader ] The bitter cold raged on, warm blood unraveled upon snow. The grievances in her heart remained. As usual. Yet sor...