No F.U.N | Choi Seungcheol

By PariWritesFfns

"It takes an eternity to build but only a moment to destroy. You could've saved us yet you chose to break it... More

Prologue
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.

16.

768 32 5
By PariWritesFfns

::

"So, you knew." Yeo Jung's voice was hollowed out with disbelief, the accusation merely a wake-up call to herself. "You knew this was going to happen and led us here anyway?"

Yuri sighed. There was no beating around the bush anymore. "Yes." She answered, "I cannot go back to our company after what they did to me. You know this." She chastised, "I cannot let go of the three of you either. I can't let what happened to me, happen to you. Hybe is good for us. It's a stable company with a proper system. Why don't we hear them out before making any decisions first?"

Yeo Jung grew quiet. Yuri could tell her members were upset about the happenings but had nothing she could do to change it. The upset in the room churned at her stomach until Mirin spoke up. "So, what happens to us if we disband? Do we just take up a new name?"

"About that..." The representative stepped in, realising that this was about to develop into something a lot worse than previously imagined, "The company requires all members to undergo a small test before being added to the debut lineup for our newest group." Adding softly, "And Miss Lee Yuri will act as a vocal coach for about six months for our newest trainees to level up the debt owed to the previous company."

Yeo Jung raised her eyebrows not understanding. "So, a new group. You want us to join a new group." She turned to the rest of her members, "Am I hearing this right?"

Yuri nodded reluctantly. She could not evade the truth being discussed. It wasn't the ideal situation but it was all they had. Arin, the youngest seemed confused and Mirin was silent. "We have to do something." Yuri pitched in softly. "I don't like this either but a good company can serve as the launch pad we need. So what if it's a little different from what we previously envisioned?"

Mirin's frown grew and Yeo Jung was not buying it. The concept had been sprung onto them a little too suddenly. It took some time to sink in. They were silent. Yuri was about to lose all hope when she glanced at the one remaining member in the room. Mirin and Yeo Jung weren't convinced. Arin, on the other hand, gave it some thought. She glanced at her distraught members for a short while before announcing, "I'm fine with it."

It was the turning point Yuri had been waiting for. Arin's affirmation was a drop in the ocean but it made ripples the size of tides. She took a deep breath, reiterating,

"I'm fine with it as long as we all remain together."

::

Seungcheol found himself hanging by the waiting room a lot longer than he'd anticipated. With comebacks scheduled back-to-back and concert tours coming up, there were many shoots to cover. Between the jacket shoot and Going Seventeen, he was worried he wouldn't have enough time to drop by the office to meet Yuri. Would she be alright by herself?

"You keep staring at your phone," Joshua mentioned, sitting in place as the hair designer finished up the tips. With his eyes raised, he gestured to the phone Coups was glued to, "Did you get into a fight with Yuri or something?"

"No, nothing like that." Seungcheol clarified, shaking his head.

Bidding the hairdresser an OK, he got up from his chair to allow Vernon's turn. "What is it then?" He asked, his interest piqued. Vernon too, who'd barely partaken in the conversation stuck out an ear of interest. "Why do you look so anxious?"

Seungcheol sighed. "Today's an important day for Yuri." He explained, giving up, "I wanted to be there for her but there's not a crack in the schedule that I can peek through." He glanced at his phone once more, "I know she'll do a good job but..."

"So, instead of waiting for a text, just ask her about it," Joshua answered. It was a simple problem with an equally simple answer. What was there to hesitate about?

But Seungcheol shook his head. "I can't be the one to ask. Yuri hasn't been telling me details for a while now. If I ask, I'll just be pushing it."

Joshua was surprised. "Does she not trust you?" Vernon asked, looking at the pair from the reflection in the mirror. "She would answer if you asked."

"I'm not sure." Seungcheol answered honestly, "Ever since the Yeonhwi incident, Yuri's begun keeping things from me. I know she was scared when she saw my wounds at the hospital but now, it's almost as if she deliberately wants to do everything herself. She won't involve me in her decisions or her process and it's biting me."

Seungcheol grew distressed with every sentence he uttered. "She told me to trust her and wait," he buried his head in his arms, his voice muffled, "I'm not sure if I have any wait left in me any more."

"Are you afraid of the outcome?" Joshua inquired with furrowed brows. It was his first time seeing his friend like this. Seungcheol often acted like a child but he knew his right from his wrongs.

Seungcheol thought about it. "No. I'm certain Yuri will handle whatever obstacle comes her way." He sighed, a hand on his forehead, "I don't want to be the person who isn't there when she needs me, you know? She was always careful to not stress me out and now, if I'm not there at her signing, what if she stops depending on me altogether?"

Joshua had little to answer to that. The stylist too, who had been away all this while, returned, confused to see the three in deep thought.

Seungcheol took a deep breath, mumbling to himself, "I need some alcohol in me so bad."

::

Yuri scanned the room for any remaining apprehensions. The girls had calmed down after the presentation the company representatives had made. They were oddly quiet and the staff was careful. Coffee cups were empty, food was brought out, and the containers were still warm to the touch. As the chopsticks were laid out, a word from the three was the only remaining indicator.

A careful smile in place, Yuri popped the question, "So, what do you think?" She glanced at the three. "Shall we?"

Yuri was pointing at the food but she meant the contracts that had been stashed away. They were being briefed together but at the end of the day, every artist ever was to sign individually. Even if one of them were to refuse, it would tip the balance of the group greatly. It was what made Yuri so nervous.

Arin and Mirin studied the leader of their rebellion, Yeo Jeong. The woman in question, pushed her hair back, glaring at Yuri momentarily and picked up her chopsticks. Did she approve? Yuri's eyes relaxed momentarily.

"Only you, Yuri." Yeo Jeong's voice rang out clearly in the room as she singled out the spicy tteokbokki Yuri loved so much. Turning the soft saucy tteok between the wooden chopsticks, she made eye contact, "I trust you made the choice best for us." and with that, she bit into the food provided to her.

I-Doll was dear to Yuri. Yeo Jeong who met Yuri in age and mind was the one with a staunch believer of Yuri's leadership. Yuri could struggle, and worry but she could never harm the group. Yeo Jeong's approval turned the room upside down. Yuri smiled while Mirin and Arin sat back in relief.

"Eat lots," Yuri answered. An air of celebration rose within the room. The Hybe staff too were greatly impressed with the outcome and knowing that the hurdle was almost out of the way made things a lot easier. Yuri too finally let a laugh out for the first time in the day, a burden lifted from her chest when a flash of pink made her stop in her tracks. Was that?

A blurry figure behind the translucent glass interrupted the joyous ambience with the opening of a door. She was exactly as Yuri remembered her, the inevitable toxicity that wealth had failed to conceal with her deceptive bright outfit and pitiful smiles she wore. Yuri went cold within a second. Her reality had glitched. The nightmares that had once haunted her were weak against the woman who had returned.

"Are you done playing?" The sugar in her voice made Yuri wish the light had crushed her back then. The monster was speaking. "It's time to come home, my child."

::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 3.1K 101
Loves to read FANTASY and FANFIC at the same time? Here's one for you ❀ ~ I am just an ordinary fan of the group SEVENTEEN, I was having a camp when...
29.3K 2K 35
Seventeen Vampire Au | BxB Main ship : Jeongcheol The pure and strong bond between a group of childhood friends was torn apart with a series of unfo...
25.5K 965 23
" i can never even imagine to hurt you. " he moved closer to hold your hands but you stepped back, displaying your palm to stop him " ironically, yo...
90.1K 2.6K 67
π‡πŽππ„π‹π„π’π’ π‹πŽπ•π„ | ν™‰λ ˆμŠ€ 러브 - 졜승철 세븐틴 - CHOI SEUNGCHEOL "Never thought your sudden words will make me the happiest person and break me the ve...