The Bad Boy's Crush (bxb)

נכתב על ידי Back_home_BB

"You're mine." "W-what?!" "You heard me." The male leaned in ever so closely to Noah's ear and said from the... עוד

1) The Beginning
2) Ray Carter
3) He's your... What?!
4) Internal Confusion
5) Not again...
6) Sasha
7) Red Skulls, Black Skulls
8) Failed attempt
9) Black Skull Tattoo? Is it a family thing?
10) Family dinner
11) Blowjob
12) Riddle
13) The meeting
14) Pet? I'm sorry what?
15) Christmas Gift
16) Twisting the Truth
17) Friendship
TBBC Q&A Interview
18) Little Mermaid's hickey
19) Underwater, different person
20) Like brother, Like brother
21) By the Black Skull's Oath.
22) On the Verge of Consciousness
23) On the Verge of Conciousness (Pt.2)
24) The Lion's Den
25) Eventful Day's Eventful End
26) Missing and Murdered
27) Return
28) To track down a tracker
30) Caged emotions
31) The Beginning of Doubt
32) With or Without Consequence
33) Progression

29) Similar Yet Different

5.6K 137 712
נכתב על ידי Back_home_BB

{ Noah's P.O.V }

A whistle blew.

"Right! It's everyone's favourite!" Mrs Tansley- Our Physical Education teacher- yelled from her place in the sports hall.

Oh I already don't like the sound of that.

Can you believe it? We finished a hurdles race about ten minutes ago and I'm still out of breath.

Okay- Ten minutes is a tiny bit of an exaggeration.

I placed my palms on my knees, trying to heave some needed oxygen into my begging lungs.

This is ridiculous!

Mrs Tansley waved her arms and blew the whistle again with a grin, "Four-hundred metre relay race!"

The words brought a groan to my lips and I hung my head, hands still on my knees.

We just finished a race! What is this?!

The four-hundred metre relay was when at each hundred metre, stands a member of  a team consisting of four.

A baton is needed to pass to each player in order for them to run and whoever gets the batons first each time- and if they're fast- they win.

You can see why I dislike this the most.

A chorus of low groans filled the air as some students lolled their head back in despair and others, the more athletic ones, began to stretch already.

Pri and Eli were two of them.

I, however, was apart of the group sighing in dread.

It's been about four days since me and my family moved back into my house. It was now Friday.

A few more hours till I could relax into the weekend.

Now that sounded more appealing than all this running around nonsense.

The school was holding a sports day: Usually, they were held in summer. But last year's one got cancelled and in return, they moved it to mid-January.

Now if you ask me, I would have preferred for it to have stayed cancelled.

Because quite obviously: I'm not athletic.

I shot a petulant glare to my two friends, who were already stretching their muscles out beside me.

Unlike those two.

"Come on, Noe," Eli grunted- I hate that nickname- and grabbed my arm to try stretch it himself given that I wasn't doing any effort, "Stretch! Or else you'll get bad cramps."

"And then you'll be complaining to us about it," Pri huffed while redoing her ponytail. Her long, sleek black hair came to her shoulders, despite the tying up.

Two elegant strands framed her face and she got back to stretching.

I folded my arms, "I don't complain, I just... I can't run!" I slapped Elijah's shoulder lightly, whining, "You two always disappear when we run together. I'm not built for this!"

Elijah and Priyanka were the athletic ones- Eli more than Pri in the sense of sports and technique. Pri in the sense of cardiovascular endurance and stamina.

Though, I had to admit, I pride myself in being the fastest swimmer out of us three.

But what use is that in school? Our stingy college doesn't even let us use the swimming pool.

Well, there's been a massive number of near-death drowning experiences and quite a few fights in there- but so what?

We're very... responsible.

Mrs Tansley blew the whistle again, shouting, "Come on everyone! Into your teams of four!"

Another groan left my lips. Should I just sit out?

I glanced to the side of the hall where it was isolated.

Hm, I could potentially hide myself in the corner.

An arm yanked me forward and the next thing I knew, I was in my team.

ARGHHHHHH I hope they know that I'm going to make them lose. I'll smile at them after.

My team was Pri, Eli and a very sexy-looking, handsome, gorgeous, hot-

Ray. Ray was in my team.

I stood, staring at the extremely sporty people, and then looked down at myself.

Ha, that's funny.

Maybe I should walk in the race just to save myself the embarrassment.

I giggled at the thought of their reaction if I did that and quickly composed myself at the second whistle.

Next was our formation: Pri was the first to run and had to pass the baton to Elijah, who then had to run and pass to me.

And I had to run.

With my legs.

With a baton.

And pass it to Ray: That seemed to be the only good part about this whole thing.

Talking about Ray, boy did he look good.

His shirt compressed against his toned muscles, boasting every curve and dip of skin in his arms, chest, abdomen and back.

All that is mine.

Every turn of the head defined Ray's jawline and cheekbones, making his facial structure intricate and bold.

All that is mine.

His black tracksuit bottoms hung loosely around his legs, but hugged his waist, which showed off the prominent v-line that of course, trailed down to-

No!

The feeling of my ears burning up made me slap my hands over them and rub frantically.

Stop it Noah! You're here for sports.

Not that I want to be here- But still! Stop it!

"Alright everyone! Team A and team B, get into pairs!" Mrs Tansley ordered and began handing over the batons to the teams. "In your positions!"

With how slow I was walking to my position in the relay, I might aswell have been a snail in my past life.

Trudging along, I finally got to my lovely space on the track. Lovely, just lovely.

I mean, who doesn't like running? Who doesn't like the feeling of the self-made air rushing through your hair?

And the feeling of your heart beating as if it would stop working? The feeling of your legs nearly collapsing underneath you? The way your lungs heave for air, like you held your breath for three years?

Who doesn't like that?

Me. I don't.

The whistle blew and Priyanka shot off, speeding along the track within a decent amount of seconds.

HER FACE!

Her ponytail flew behind her, as did she through the air. I couldn't help but laugh at her face: It was contorted in concentration- A bunch of pursed lips and narrowed eyebrows.

Next was Elijah. All I saw was him shoot off and overtake the other runners with his curls flying flat on his head and exposing his forehead, before I myself had to take the baton.

What?! Already?!

The feeling of the short metal pole in my hand felt heavy as I faced forward and began to run.

Or was it more like a jog. I didn't know.

I mustered up all the strength into my legs and tried to run with the same speed that Elijah and Pri had. But alas, it wasn't easy.

Pri and Eli managed to run fast enough so that we were about second place on the track.

But, uh.

Look! I'm trying! I really am!

I watched as someone zoomed past me from my peripheral vision, then another one.

Oh for God's sake.

I looked forward and my eyes met immersing dark blue ones. Ray stood in his position and looked at me with outstretched hands.

A sudden rush of determination flowed through my viens and I pushed, pushed, and pushed.

Arms began to work a bit more. Wasn't much help.

The burning in my legs were real- they felt numb.

The way I wanted to scream my head off and curse whoever invented sports.

Although I didn't get back to the original place- I managed to catch up to the last person who overtook me.

"C'mon baby!" I heard Ray's voice travel to my ears- however it wasn't as quiet as he actually said it.

We were in fourth place now. Two more were behind us.

Damn, I really just dropped our places by two.

My face burned as I slapped the baton into Ray's awaiting hand.

"I'm sorry," I huffed desperately, genuinely feeling bad that I was close to useless when it came to sports.

The aftermath of the running took place; Knees buckling with tremors in every place I could touch, I stared at my Ray in front of me and drooped my shoulders.

"I-I'm-" I gasped for another breath, unable to speak due to my occupied lungs working itself for oxygen.

"Stop that," Ray whispered, enclosing his fingers around the baton. His fingers grazed my trembling ones and he nodded, "I got us."

Despite the heaving and need for water, the words of reassurance brought my heart to leap just the tiniest bit, before it went back to rapidly pumping blood due to the running.

Another player zoomed past.

Go! Why is he just standing here?!

But I didn't have the strength to utter another word.

My lungs begged for oxygen as Ray grinned, "Keep your eyes on me. I wanna know how I did after."

And off he went.

My eyes widened immensely and my eyebrows shot up into my sweaty forehead.

The speed Ray ran at had to be impossible for a normal human being. What was he, an animal?!

Yes, he was my lion.

Shoulders pulled his arms back and his legs lunged forward repeatedly with pace. Over, and over again.

I watched as within seconds, Ray bolted past two of the opponents.

We were back in second place.

Breath caught in my lungs- I suddenly didn't need air anymore, it seemed like.

Oh God, was he hot.

The expression on Ray's face was collected. Not strained, not tight or concentrated, but calm- As if this were all child's play to him.

Maybe it was child's play.

I looked ahead at the last opponent Ray had to beat for us to get first place and shot my eyebrows up in surprise.

It was Dray, running ahead of Ray with what looked like all the speed he could put together.

I didn't even notice we were versing their team! No wonder it was hard...

No, I'm just bad at running.

Their team was structured like this: Chelsea was first and had to pass the baton to Miguel, who then had to pass it to Kaito who finally, had to pass it to Dray.

Me against Kaito? Yeah, no way was I beating him.

I focused on Ray sprinting along his track against everyone else: He was gradually catching up to Dray.

And now, Ray's face looked a bit more tense.

Damn, they both looked tense.

Both were very evidently running to win.

Dray too, was extremely fast- probably one of the fastest players in the year. Whole college, in fact.

However Ray was faster.

With the breath-taking speed shown by him, I watched as Ray finally overtook Dray at the last second and plunged for the finishing ribbon.

His running eventually became a jog and he let the ribbon wrap around his waist: Everyone erupted into cheers and it took me a few seconds to realise that I subconsciously had joined.

Ray held the baton above his head with a grin, slowing to a swagger.

Just look at him. All that is mine.

Wait a second.

My cheerful clapping slowed and my eyes of delight turned into one's of a glower.

From the stands, girls ran to Ray and wrapped themselves around his arms, clearly complementing him and giggling around.

Hey! I said he's mine!

One particular girl had Ray's bicep smushed against her breasts as she looked up at him through batting eyelashes.

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!

And Ray was just letting them all hold on?!

Well to be fair, he can't shove them away. They'd go flying.

And then he'd have to help them up. That's only if he's a decent human being.

Which is worse. Ray shouldn't hurt them; just kindly ask them to stop touching him.

Something made my head blaze hot- I suddenly wanted to yank that girl away from Ray and kiss him in front of everyone standing.

I'm not jealous.

Me? Jealous? Pah!

... Okay. I may be the tiniest bit jealous, but I'd call it more like... hm.

More like: 'What's mine is mine and no one can touch what's mine apart from me', you know?

Especially not like that.

My eyes stayed glued to the arm that was being squished by the girl's boobs, hoping Ray could feel the burning lasers shooting from my eyes.

And maybe burn the girl's breasts in the process.

Of course, it's not that bad. The girls have just... just seen a very handsome man, you know, athletic, strong, muscular and sexy. I don't blame them.

It's fine, they can hold him. I know he's mine.

But that's the thing: He's mine.

What if he likes boobs? I don't have them.

The sudden thoughts began to overtake my mind and doubt was slowly filling in for the jealousy.

The whistle blew again and Mrs Tansley's voice rang through the vast hall.

"Okay! Break is up!" Another chorus of protests were heard and I turned to see that Eli and Pri were making their way to me. But the break was already over. Mrs Tansley laughed at the groans, "Three-legged race is next!"

I sighed and looked back at all the girls gushing over my man.

This was going to be a very long day.

{ 3rd Person P.O.V }

Liz- Mrs Tansley- had separated the groups and thought it to be a good idea to play with the opposite teams to 'break the tension'.

However she shuffled up the teams by quite a bit.

She sorted everyone into their pairs for the three-legged race: Priyanka, Miguel, Chelsea and Ray were in the stands and were going to go the next round.

Elijah was paired with Kaito.

Noah was paired with Dray.

And to Ray, this was a disgrace.

He tried to go to Liz and say he wanted to play the first round or else he's not playing at all, but the excuse didn't work on her.

Now he sat in his seat, glowering with his arms folded over his broad chest, glaring daggers at the two on the track.

Look at them smiling together. I could break that black-haired bastard in four if I wanted to.

Ray growled, watching from afar as Dray slung his arm over Noah's shoulder and point at the him, winking.

He was most likely saying encouraging words with something along the lines of: 'We can do this and win it.'

Ray took it as flirting.

Noah's right ankle was tied with Dray's left ankle and they both had to work together to run to the finishing line, hence the name 'Three-Legged Race'.

Once one of each person's leg was tied together from each pair, the game commenced.

Ray tried to appear uninterested, but it wasn't really going to his plan. Priyanka, Miguel and Chelsea noticed this quite clearly.

It might be surprising, but Noah was actually good at this one race. Both him and Dray worked together to put their tied legs forward and then their other loose ones. Repeatedly until they gained pace.

Despite being quick, they wanted to be first. And one pair was already catching up to them: Elijah and Kaito.

What happened next made Ray's face contort into fury and his nostrils to flare.

Dray had pulled Noah closer to him by hugging his arm around him from the side, in an attempt to speed themselves up.

Grabbing his water bottle next to him, Ray twisted the lid open and pressed it to his lips, gulping down the water.

Priyanka and Miguel exchanged a wary look with each other after watching Ray attack the poor bottle.

Miguel leaned close to her and whispered, "What do you think is wrong with him?"

Priyanka whispered back, just as quietly, if not quieter, "He didn't get his dog treats this morning."

Chelsea snorted and quickly contorted it into a cough. Miguel had to stiffle the laugh that would have escaped and caused Ray's anger to exceed the level it was right now.

They turned back to watch Noah and Dray, both their jaws dropping simultaneously.

Dray moved his arm to around Noah's waist and was practically dragging him along. Noah in return was holding Dray's shoulder and letting his speed depend on his partner's.

It was obviously for the purpose of winning the race in everyone's eyes apart from a certain man's.

Ray's.

The hand holding the water bottle to his mouth crushed the plastic containing the liquid.

Water splattered against Ray's face and he shot up, expression now wild and ferocious.

"Oh he definitely didn't have his treats this morning," Priyanka said, quickly putting her own bottle down at the way Ray was going to descend the stairs and interrupt the race.

The three rushed to him and tried to tug him back, telling him things that could potentially calm him down.

"It's just a game!" Priyanka pushed, grabbing his shoulder and trying to yank him back, exasperated, "It's not that serious!"

"Yeah," Miguel grunted, holding Ray's other side back with most the strength he had, "Look, he's done already!"

Indeed, Noah and Dray finished the race and had the ribbon around themselves. Both of them cheered and hopped in their place.

Which was a bad idea considering their ankles were still tied; They both stumbled to the ground, Dray about to crush Noah with his weight.

However Dray quickly grabbed Noah and let him fall on top, to lessen the pain of Noah himself hitting the hard ground, and by providing his chest as a cushion to the fall.

"Damn!" Chelsea exclaimed, intrigued by the scene.

"Nevermind, don't look," Miguel hastily corrected himself. It looked like Dray had his arms around Noah- which he did, only to lessen the pain of the fall- and was hugging him on the ground.

A roar of rage broke from Ray's throat and he curled his fists, ready to snatch Noah away from the person he saw as a threat- That he saw was taking Noah from him.

The two on the ground were laughing. Noah ducked down his head in embarrassment and Dray too, was laughing at the situation.

"That looks comfortable, though," Priyanka mumbled, looking at the two from afar.

Ray growled out and whipped his head to her, "I'm more comfortable."

She cringed, screwing her face up and completely letting go of her step-brother, borderline disgusted.

"Ew," She shuddered under her breath.

The whistle was heard and the outcomes were that of course, Dray and Noah were the winners.

A five-minute break was allowed after and Noah came skipping up the stairs with a goofy smile on his face.

"I won!" Noah giggled, happy.

"We saw!" Priyanka cheered, hugging him and squeezing him tight.

Elijah patted Noah's head with a happy smile, "You two were great!"

Miguel snorted and nudged Chelsea who guffawed, "Big guy disagrees though."

Noah looked around for him, but he wasn't to be seen. He turned back to his friends, confused, "Where is he?"

Priyanka sighed, shaking her head, "In the changing rooms."

Indeed he was: Ray was sitting in the empty boys' changing room on the middle bench with the deadliest glower on his face.

Noah scrunched up his eyebrows, confused.

Shouldn't he be happy that I won?

He walked over to Ray and sat next to him, bumping the top of his head next to his cheek jokingly. Ray grunted in response and Noah smiled, "What's wrong? I won!"

"You and that guy won," He hissed, venom lacing his words as he glared at the lockers opposite him.

"Well..." Noah trailed off, "It's a three-legged race. I'm meant to win with someone."

"And he fucking touched you. He put his arm around your waist and you let him," Ray growled. The arms crossed around his chest seemed to grow tighter, "I should go and rip his arms off his fucking shoulders."

What? Just because of that?

"But- But that was to win! I-" Noah stuttered, genuinely flabbergasted with the way Ray's jealousy was showing.

Jealousy was hot, but this was- was a bit aggressive.

Oh Noah, you should have known what you were getting yourself into: Ray's more than just an aggressive person.

A sudden thought popped into Noah's head and he pouted, "Wait a second," He remembered the way Ray let all those girls huddle around him after the four-hundred metre relay. "After the relay, you let all those girls touch you!" Noah defended, sulking.

Ray shot Noah a bemused look, before facing forward again, "I don't think anything of them."

"I don't think anything of Dray! He was making sure we won," Noah replied, shuffling forward into Ray's pissed off face.

Noah smiled, willing Ray's mood to lighten up.

One glance to Noah's bubbly self was all it took to make Ray crumble and give in.

"Right, fine. But then after you guys fell, he pulled you close and then on the floor you two were just hugging!" Ray seethed, gesturing a hand out idignantly. "He shouldn't possess the ability to hold things."

Noah groaned, lolling his head forward, "I was going to hit the floor, Dray made sure I didn't get hurt. There's nothing wrong with that!"

Ray shuffled, his pride wounded, "He should've let you fall. I would've helped you up."

The smaller man rolled his eyes and he brought his knees to his chest, stubbornness and pettiness gnawing at his gut, "That girl had her breasts against your arm and you did nothing about it."

Ray looked at the smaller man, eyebrows raised, "She did?" He looked to the side for a moment, "Shit. I didn't feel anything."

Noah's jaw dropped, his stomach partially swirling with relief and amusement at the hidden meaning of the comment. He cleared his throat and shook his head, "W-Well she did! And you did nothing about it!"

It was Ray's turn to roll his eyes and he loosened his arms, slithering one hand around Noah's waist. He grumbled, "My eyes are only on you. A person who'd do anything to win."

Noah's posture softened and he looked up into Ray's eyes, fondly.

His eyes are only on me. Hear that?

"Who- Who wouldn't do anything they can to win..." Noah mumbled back, looking down at the floor and contemplating if what happened with Dray would genuinely affect anything between him and Ray.

Besides, I was making us nearly lose a lot of things. It was nice to win once.

The larger male looked down at him from above and cocked a single eyebrow upwards, "So you'd do anything to win? Even if they're this close?"

Ray tugged Noah towards him with one pull and he squeaked out, bracing his arms against Ray's chest to create some distance. Noah nodded his head, "Yes."

No, he was lying. He was just being stubborn.

Ray grinned, leaning his face into Noah's neck and inhaling, before humming his lips against the soft flesh. He murmured, quietly, "This close?"

The feeling of his legs turning numb and into jelly at the action made Noah swallow.

"Y-Yes," Noah stammered, heart hammering and chest beginning to feel heated at the intimacy of the situation.

Another lie.

"Mm," Ray hummed. Noah was suddenly pulled onto his lap; Hands crawled under Noah's shirt and squeezed every bit of flesh they could touch, "How about now?"

Immediately, Noah shot up, out of Ray's grip and stumbled into the lockers, which rattled at the contact.

"H- Wh- What kind of-" Noah gasped, face flustered and ears burning hot, "What kind of sport is that?!"

Ray chuckled and stretched his limbs, before pushing himself up, a predatory gleam in his dark blue eyes. He stalked forward and stood infront of Noah. A smirk played on his lips and he grinned, "I'll show you what kind."

Before Noah knew it, his feet were no longer stable on the ground and he was hoisted up by Ray's sturdy arms. A yelp was heard and Noah quickly wrapped his legs around Ray's hip, securing himself so he couldn't fall.

"You wanna know what sport involves all of this? It's one that's probably the most tiring out of them all," Ray winked down at Noah, who's expression was astonished and taken aback, "One that's my favourite."

Noah's back was pressed against the cold metal surface of the lockers and Ray pushed himself against the smaller man: Noah could feel the firm muscular torso against his own chest through the thin clothing.

The thin clothing that Noah and Ray wanted to vanish, so they were both skin to skin.

He leaned forward into Noah's ear, taking the flesh between his teeth and rolling it harshly. Shivers wracked his body at the sensation and Noah hunched his shoulders up.

Ray breathed out, whispering in a deep, husky voice, "One I'm very good at."

The fluttering feeling was there in Noah's stomach: He let out a breath, fanning the lips that were inches away from his own.

The distant noise of the whistle sounded and silence fell upon the two.

Ray closed his eyes, grip on Noah's thighs becoming tighter. He sighed and leaned his forehead against the other's.

"Fucking hell," He muttered. He smoothened his fingers against Noah's thighs while rubbing it fondly, "Will I ever be able to have you by myself again?"

Noah pretended to think about it for a moment, "Yes, No. Maybe."

He giggled at the stunned expression on Ray's face. Noah had to admit, he was half upset and half relieved that he was saved by the whistle.

But no, in the changing rooms?

Oh God no, what if someone would have walked in on us?

Ray dived in for Noah's throat and attacked it with rough kisses. Noah giggled at the ticklish feeling and slapped Ray's shoulders lightly.

"Imma have you," Ray promised, smirking up at Noah, "Sooner or later, I'll have your ass again."

To say Noah's stomach erupted with butterflies was an understatement.

They swarmed.

[ . . . ]

It was finally over for Noah.

The sport games were over and it was now lunch time for the students.

"Why was I paired with him?" Elijah whined next to the two, flinging his head back. "Even when I fell, he legit dragged me along!"

Noah pressed his lips together in an attempt to not laugh- So did Priyanka.

Elijah being paired with Kaito was rough, given the fact they all witnessed how focused Kaito was on winning things.

Noah experienced it first-hand in that basketball game.

What Elijah was complaining about was practically literal: Once their ankles were tied together, Kaito had basically dragged Elijah along with him, not having a single sympathetic bone in his body.

Even when the curly-haired man tripped and needed time to get up, Kaito allowed a single second to pass, before he pulled his own leg forward, yanking a protesting Elijah along.

The scene was quite funny.

"I think he really wanted to win," Priyanka offered, amused.

"Well he didn't even get what he wanted," Elijah mumbled. Although he came second, it didn't feel like he achieved something.

It felt like Elijah got dragged, sure. But not like he made an achievement.

Noah giggled and patted his friend's shoulder with his free hand, the other holding his lunch tray, "You guys get your food, ill go find us a table."

He stepped away from the two and looked around for three seats while walking forward. The canteen was quite full. More full than usual.

A body suddenly bashed into Noah, making his glass of water fall off his tray and splatter onto the person's shoes.

"Ugh!"

Noah stepped back, eyes wide, "I'm so sorry! I-"

He looked up at the face and stopped for a second.

She flicked her blonde hair out her typical blue eyes and placed a hand on her hip, looking at Noah in pure disgust.

Noah sighed at the face. Because this person always made things more exaggerated than it needed to be.

Just his luck.

"C... Crystal..." Noah said slowly, shifting from his right foot to his left, "I'm-"

"Ugh! You just wet my shoes!" Crystal shouted, kicking her feet and gesturing to her newly polished, brand-new looking heels.

"I'm- I'm sorry, I didn't see you," Noah defended while standing glued to his place, instead of walking away. He should just walk away, but this girl just loved talking.

Crystal scoffed, looking around incredulously at her friends who shook their heads, "Hello?!" She screeched, gesturing to her shoes, "Do you know how expensive these shoes are?! They're still wet!"

Noah blinked, taken aback. He looked down at what Crystal was wearing: They just looked like shoes.

Or maybe I'm just too broke to know how expensive they are.

"I already apologised! What do you want me to do about it?" Noah asked, confused while still holding his lunch tray.

The girl rolled her eyes with attitude pouring out of every movement she did. She pointed at her feet, "Wipe it dry, obviously."

Noah's jaw dropped open and he stepped back.

Excuse me? Is she serious?!

"Clearly you don't know how expensive these are, your family isn't even financially stable," She sneered, malice in every word she spoke.

Noah decided to ignore the little jab: He's had way worse from her before.

"Surely it can't be that expensive, what kind of expensive shoes get wet?" Noah pointed out, meaning no harm, "W-What if it rains or something?"

Crystal's expression curled up into horror and she crossed her arms, "You think I'll walk in the rain?"

"What do you do then? Swim?" A snarky voice joined them. One Noah immediately recognised as Elijah's.

Priyanka's was heard almost right after him, "So-" She stopped short at the sight of the blonde girl and her face twisted into distaste. "Why is Miss I-Fuck-Every-Boy-I-See here?"

Crystal and her croonies gasped, shaking the hair out their faces. Her jaw dropped in offence. "Excuse me?!"

The short, South-Asian girl leaned into Noah and quickly whispered, "What happened?"

"She bumped into me and I accidentally spilt water on her shoes and now she's telling me to clean it for her," Noah summarised briefly in one breath.

Priyanka's eyebrows shot up and she regarded the other girl with judging eyes, "What? Daddy doesn't let his little munchkin get wet in the rain either, I suppose?"

Small sniggers from some were heard and Crystal rolled her eyes.

"Which Daddy we talking about here," Elijah mumbled.

The girl sneered and looked down at Priyanka from her taller height, "You know, it's cute that you and the other one came in to protect him like the two dogs you are."

Elijah raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips, "Oh no, I'm letting the girls' do their thing."

She ignored his comment and continued to attack Priyanka with her insulting words, "But it doesn't really help when you still need a booster seat to drive in a car."

The lunch hall erupted into laughter and jeering of people who were listening in to the scene they were so invested in.

Well that was exaggerated to the max.

Noah's eyes widened, "Crystal, it's just water! It'll dry soon!"

"Ooooohhhh," Elijah whistled and shook his head, "Pri, we'll hold your hoops. Don't take that."

Priyanka was angry.

No, she was furious.

And the public humiliation in front of everyone just added fuel to the fire.

"Bitch!" Priyanka unhooked her earrings off her ears and slapped them into Noah's palm. She rolled her sleeved up whilst Elijah quickly tied her silky hair into a tight bun. "Bitch! You wanna piece of me?! I'll rip your lashes out!"

Noah just knew that she was cursing her short South Asian genes right this moment.

Crystal smirked in victory at the reaction but immediately broke into a pained yelp when Priyanka grabbed her light hair in a fist and yanked her down, possibly ripping some hair out in the process.

The blonde girl reached up and tried to dig her acrylic nails into Priyanka's cheek, but she quickly moved the same direction, lessening the damage.

Noah watched in horror as they fought: Everyone had their attention on the two girls and some had even pulled their phones out to record.

Typical.

Noah had tried to separate the two but failed miserably, so did Elijah. In fact, at one point even Elijah had gotten slapped, which is when he decided to back off from this cat fight.

"Alright alright, enough-" Priyanka's hand mistakenly shot out and was meant for Crystal's now-pink face, but hit Elijah instead and his face shot to the side. He staggered back with wide eyes, holding his blazing cheek, "Holy Mother of Jesus..."

Noah flinched back, feeling the pain and simply decided to stand there with Priyanka's hoops in one hand.

Yep, not butting in this. Pri has these girls on her own anyway.

Noah watched awkwardly as the girls grabbed, screamed, yanked and slapped.

Not like I'd be much help.

About two of Crystal's friends grabbed Priyanka from behind and tugged her off, holding her in place.

But it was a hard task for them, given how viciously Priyanka was struggling- another one of them had to come and help. Her gorilla-like grip was still in Crystal's scalp.

Noah suddenly dazed, vision going red at the sight of Priyanka being ganged up on by four girls.

His eyes, ever so discreetly, slid to the glass of water on the table; He felt his fingers twitch towards it and he looked back at the five girls.

Grab it.

However his weird, abnormal thoughts were suddenly snapped away by the shout of Elijah's voice.

Noah jolted back to reality and he looked at his best friend with worry.

Priyanka had let one hand go of the blonde hair and was trying to slap the girls behind her. Crystal's hair was disshevelled and some of her makeup was smudged off.

"Oi! That's unfair!" Elijah yelled. He put down his tray and stalked forward, "Yeah that's it, I'm joining in-!"

"You're a guy!" Someone from the crowd screamed in protest.

Elijah halted, before grabbing Priyanka's scarf and wrapping it around his face. "Not anymore babe!"

Just as Elijah was about to pull the two girls apart, Crystal grabbed the milk from her tray.

Time seemed to stand still as everyone witnessed Crystal pull the glass back, and then splash the liquid right onto Priyanka's face.

Noah froze.

It was as if it all happened in slow motion.

Everyone gasped and had their mouths hung open as they watched the pale liquid drip from Priyanka's chin.

The milk soaked into her hair: It dribbled from the crown of her harline and poured down, dripping off her chin and gathering to wet her shirt.

"Oops, my bad," Crystal giggled, covering her matté lipsticked lips with her fingers, "It's fine, milk will dry."

Noah shifted at the way his words was used against them. He looked at Crystal with a frown, "But milk isn't water! Milk leaves a stench!"

Crystal shrugged, "It's not like the bitch doesn't smell anyway."

Priyanka had stopped in her place, processing what happened with wild eyes.

"Daddy didn't come back with the milk? Well here! I gave you some," She laughed, a sick, cruel smile on her lips. She gasped, then pouted with a 'sad' gaze, "Aw, its not that daddy didn't come back. It's that he can't come back!"

Crystal giggled and threw the empty cup at Priyanka. It hit her chest, before bouncing off onto the floor and rolling in a circular motion.

Noah's heart began to pick its pace, drumming against his ribcage. Elijah too, had his eyes wide with worry.

That, was something that made Noah's heart pang with sorrow for Priyanka.

Priyanka's father's death was something that caused her and her mother to meet the brinking point of the end.

Too far. Way too far.

A surge of unknown anger filled Noah up to the brim. It was the same hot, foreign feeling he felt last month in the canteen and a few seconds ago. He whispered, "That was low."

But of course, Crystal took no heed to the change in Noah's body language. Neither did she notice the way his usual honey-coloured eyes now looked like stone-cold rocks.

Even the crowd looked uncertainly at each other at the distaste of the 'insult'.

Crystal was seconds away from being murdered.

Noah's fingers slowly reached for the fragile glass with water inside, unbeknownst to everyone around, considering their focus was on the girls. The feeling of the cold smooth surface made contact with Noah's fingertips and his mind began to desire the sight of red.

Do it.

Noah gripped the glass, face relaxing.

They hurt your friend. She's hurt. Do it.

The three girls holding her back had let go right before Crystal threw the milk at her.

They shouldn't have let go.

Priyanka lifted her head, staring at Crystal's smug face through hooded, dark eyes.

But just as Priyanka was going to dig her eyes out, a plate of tomato sauce and pasta suddenly appeared above Crystal's head.

Everyone watched as the hand turned the plate over.

And again, the heat in Noah's head left as soon as it had come.

It was instant: The food splashed onto her head and all Noah saw was the dripping of left-over sauce from the plate onto Crystal's head.

Pasta layed as a heap on her head and shoulders; Bits of tomato chunks was stuck in her hair. The red sauce ran down her face and the mixture even managed to drip into her blouse.

The image of pasta sauce faintly transformed into a fatal vision of thick blood before Noah's eyes for a split second, until he was pulled from his trance from the clatter of the glass that unbalanced and fell off the tray.

Noah vigorously shook his head, confused.

What... What's wrong with me?

Crystal stared ahead, taking in deep breaths before letting out a blood-curdling, high-pitched scream.

The cafeteria burst into mumbling and gasps.

"My- My hair!" Crystal shrieked. Her girls gathered around her, trying to wipe it off with tissue and fanning her face.

Tears mixed with mascara and tomato sauce ran down her face as she began to hyperventilate.

Noah, in shock, turned to the side to witness the culprit who did the blessing deed.

"Hey hey, why you crying?" Ray sneered, looking down at all of them with a dangerous smile. His hands were splayed in mock innocence,"If milk dried, surely tomato sauce dries too, bitch."

Everyone jostled at the sight of the student. Some got out their seats and others shrunk in more.

Most looked on more eagerly.

"Though it might be a bit of a pain to rinse the smell out." Ray sniggered and raised the tray high into the air.

His eyes gleamed as he brought the flat surface down diagonally, striking it across the sauce-covered girl's face.

She yelped, head flying to side as she stumbled into her friend's. Ray clearly was merciful and put in enough strength only to get the message across.

Priyanka stood, shocked at the scene in front of her. She staggered back, letting herself get pulled by Elijah.

Ray snarled, lips curved in disgust and he threw the tray to Crystal's feet, "Stinky bitch."

Crystal's friends began patting at her face with dried tissue as she sobbed, lacing her fingers through her hair to try and get the sauce out. Her other hand held her blazing cheek, "Oww!" She cried, "My- My cheek! My hair!" She turned her fearful, teary eyes to Ray, "You- You hit me!"

"You fucking deserve it," Ray growled, taking a threatening step forward, to which they all stepped back, "Fucking spoilt brat."

She flung her head back and cried openly, mouth open wide and feet stomping the ground. "Daddy!"

It looked very similar to a child throwing a tantrum.

"What on-"

Everyone quickly hid their phones at the face and went back to their business, the only ones still at the scene was- well, whoever was originally at the scene.

And Ray.

The Deputy headteacher stood in his suit that protuded at the stomach. His glasses sat on his nose as he looked at the scene with upturned lips.

He sighed, "My office. All of you."

[ . . . ]

Noah was standing outside the deputy headteacher's office, waiting patiently for his friends and Ray.

He had already given his side and asked for permission to go to the bathroom. Now that he was back, he decided to wait outside the room instead of go back in and sit through the Deputy's speech- most likely a lecture.

If it were the Headteacher, Noah would have went in again: She was more laid back and understanding.

He bobbed his foot against the floor, glancing at the time.

16:55

His mother told him in the morning to be back home by quarter-past-five, to be in the house with James and May whilst she went shopping.

And it took about fifteen minutes to get home from his college, if he left now.

The Deputy's faint voice could be heard from behind the door. Yep, it was a lecture. "You should never insult someone's family! As for you, fighting on school grounds is prohibited! Take it some place else! And you young man, striking a girl?! Are you out your goddamned mind?! "

Ray was heard from the other side after a bang- most likely him thudding the table- "The bitch needed a fucking slap! It doesn't fucking matter if she's a girl, I did it lightly. If she's old enough to act like shit, she's old enough to get a fucking beat!"

The deputy and Ray were now arguing. Everyone else inside must be spectating the scene silently.

Noah sighed, "How much longer will he speak for?"

He chewed his lips whilst fighting his conflicted mind.

Should he go? Should he stay? Should he go? Should he stay?

I should go.

Noah quickly sent a message to the group chat with Priyanka and Elijah, informing them that he's going home and to not worry.

And to ' enjoy the lecture ❤️ '

He put his phone back into his hoodie pocket with a grin: They most likely wouldn't be answering until they got out that office.

As soon as Noah got to the double doors, he paused with his hand on the handle.

He was remembering Ray's words.

Do not go home by yourself.

Noah was told this four days ago. Ever since, he's always been with someone whilst going home; He didn't see the big deal about it and thought it was quite overprotective of Ray to act like that.

He didn't mind it, but today he needed to get home.

Before 17:15.

And now he had about ten minutes left.

Noah rushed out the college campus without a second thought, speed-walking to the bus stop and getting the first one that went to his destination.

He didn't usually go on buses because of the expense, but they were quicker than walking. If Noah were to walk home, he'd have to spare himself 15-20 minutes.

Heavy pants left Noah's mouth as he finally turned a corner onto the road of his family's small apartment. He had to admit: Today's sports' day might have made his stamina slightly better.

The keys to the door was placed inside and Noah clicked it open, pushing the door ajar with a relieved sigh.

He flung out his phone and looked at the screen.

17:13

He made it.

Not that it would have been much of a problem if he came later, but Noah felt satisfied with how fast he managed to get there.

"Mum!" Noah called, shoving his phone back into his pocket and pushing the door more open, so he could step in, "I'm h-"

It was dark.

As soon as the bottom of his shoe made contact with the 'welcome' matt beyond the threshold, a deep, sunken feeling twisted Noah's gut as he scanned the gloomy apartment, before pushing the door wider.

Noah furrowed his eyebrows and walked in warily, ".... Home?"

The only sound ringing in the silence was the soft jingling of his keys against his keyring, and his slow, hesitant footsteps, stepping in rhythm with his breathing.

There was no lights at all: Only the street lamps across the road offered a small sympathy of sight through the half-curtained window in the blackened Winter afternoon.

Swallowing his nerves back down to the pit of his throat, Noah called out hesitantly, "M-Mum?"

His voice rang loudly through the rooms, echoing off the walls and into the kitchen.

No answer was returned as Noah exhaled a shaky breath through his nostrils, swallowing again. He ventured further into his home.

Maybe James got detention again and May was with him? And his Mother already went shopping, while forgetting to tell him?

The more he stepped into the apartment, the more eerie the atmosphere appeared to be.

Thick, tense air could be sliced with a knife with how suffocated Noah felt.

It squashed his body- Compact to the point that Noah felt rigid, as if he couldn't walk any further.

Nevertheless, he ignored this and pushed his swirling unease down with determination, stepping into the joint dining room and kitchen. "Mu-"

A pause, followed by a sharp intake of breath filled Noah's lungs as he staggered a small step back.

Confusion quickly mixed with dread in his mind, creating an eerie feeling that had him immediately turning to the light switch and flicking it on.

It didn't turn on.

Goosebumps erupted on Noah's skin and sent shivers down his back.

The feeling of confusion ebbed away, leaving Noah with only the feeling of sheer terror as he shoved his hands into his pocket with ragged breathing and rapidly moving eyes. He grabbed his phone and turned it on, shining his own flashlight into the room.

It was a mess.

The television screen was shattered: The hole in the middle of it looked as if something had been thrown.

Something heavy.

The dining table had been flipped over and one leg of it was broken off into two pieces. Did someone hit someone with it to make it break like that?

And the wall. The wall had a dent in it, a hole. Debris was piled at the bottom of the damaged area, leaning on the wall.

W-What the hell is this?!

His eyes lowered to a certain place on the floor, near the cream-coloured carpet.

Coldness flooded Noah's veins.

His nerves seemed to stop functioning as he processed what he saw there.

Blood.

It was blood.

He stepped forward and panelled his flashlight to it: It was definitely blood. It was too fresh. Too red.

It was recent.

Wordless fear enveloped Noah's brain as he panicked, not knowing what could have happened whilst he wasn't here.

Noah's stomach churned as images played in his head.

Breath rate turning rapid, Noah gasped for air and stumbled back. He shut his eyes which began to blur, before trying to clear his mind and think properly.

Mum. Call Mum.

"Mum- Mum-" Noah stammered and his fingers hurriedly pulled out his phone. Just as he was about to press on her contact, his phone screen switched and there popped up his Mother's contact.

' Mum❤️'

Noah stared at the green icon with a white phone in the middle and the word 'accept' underneath it.

His breath caught in his throat as the ringtone echoed the small apartment.

Tears of pure reassurance brimmed Noah's eyes and he let out a choked  gasp of relief.

She was fine.

She's alive.

Noah slid the green icon to the side and put the phone to his ear, sniffling, "M-Mum."

"Baby?! Where are you?!" Evelyn's desperate voice came from the other side of the phone, muffled because of the horrible service.

Noah shook his head, "I'm- I'm at home." He looked around, "What happened here? Why- Why is there blood on the floor?" Noah frowned, "W... Whose is it?"

If his Mother was fine and was calling him, then...

Noah's mind pointed to his two younger siblings.

"James, May," Noah said into the phone, realising something, "Where are they? Are they with you?"

"B-Baby- get out- g-" Evelyn's speech was cut off and all Noah heard was struggled breathing and panicked sobs.

Noah's heart plummeted to his stomach, "Mum? Mum!"

Rustling and Evelyn's sobs were heard from the other side and then heavy breaths were heard.

"Noah! Get out of there!" Another alarmed tone said from the other side.

Noah's eyes widened at the voice, "Ray?" He swallowed, "Ray what's going on?!"

He's never heard Ray speak in a tone so filled with anxiety.

It made Noah himself tremble with anticipation at his lack of knowledge of what was going on.

"NOAH!" Ray bellowed ferociously from the other side, "GET THE FUCK OUT THAT HOUSE!"

Noah flinched and staggered back, heart abruptly making pace and nearly breaking through his ribcage at how hard it was working.

The words finally processed in Noah's brain and he blinked, turning around and about to sprint out the front door.

He stopped swiftly.

Horror leaked into Noah's already fear-stricken mind and his head began to feel uncomfortably hot.

Tears again dimmed Noah's vision and he crinkled his eyebrows, shoulders drooping in defeat.

How could I have been so stupid?

He breathed out into the phone, "Ray."

Ray shouted something, but it didn't process in Noah's mind as he stared across him towards the door, eyes wavering.

Noah sniffed and shook his head, that was now really beginning to spin with the unbearable over-heating. He choked out a sob, "S-Someone's- Someone's in here."

Indeed, someone was in the apartment with Noah.

A figure stood infront of the door, a black mask covering half their face and a dark hood hung over their head.

Judging by the physique, it could be a man. But Noah wasn't sure.

Chelsea was a prime example of a masculine body- but was a female.

The figure faced Noah, intricate eyes burning holes into his own teary ones.

Ray was saying something, but Noah was unable to think. Let alone recognise words.

Noah took in a deep, shaky breath and tried to make sense of what Ray was telling him.

"-coming, okay? Do you understand me?" Came Ray's half-listened-to order.

Noah's eyelids flickered, "H-Huh?"

"We're on our way, we're nearly there. Do not let yourself get taken out that house, do you understand?" Ray repeated calmly. Noah could still hear his Mother's frantic gasps from the other end and someone comforting her in the distance. He nodded, "Yes."

"Put the phone down, I'll be quick," The unidentified person's deep voice called from across the room. It sounded muffled due to the coverage on the mouth.

Noah looked at them.

Him.

A man.

Unless it was a woman with an abnormally manly voice.

The masked man stepped forward and sighed, gloved hands in his pockets.

It happened within a second- Noah's phone was tugged out his hand with speed that was incomprehensible to the human brain.

He lifted the phone to his mouth.

"Hello there, I hope you don't mind me having a little chat with Noah. I'll be quick," The male hung the phone up, giving Ray or whoever was on the other end no time to respond.

From the skin between his eyes in the street light, Noah could tell the man's colour was a sandy beige white.

Noah watched as the man seated himself into an armchair with a relieving groan, and gesture Noah to the one opposite him. "Well?" The masked person said, "Sit."

Being told to have a seat in my own house? Ha.

Noah stayed glued to his position, feet not moving from his place. His phone still was being held in the other man's hand and he stared at Noah, waiting for him to sit down.

The hooded man shrugged and propped his feet up onto the small table in the middle, "If you don't want to sit down, not my problem. But I'll be talking for quite a while. So up to you."

He stretched out and splayed his arms onto the armrests on either side.

Well, he was clearly making himself at home. No need for Noah to offer.

Noah thought about it for a second, before slowly slinking over to the armchair opposite and lowering himself into the soft cushions.

It was weird: Noah always sat it in the one the man was sitting in.

What does he want?

The lower part of the mask around the mouth crinkled upwards, indicating a grin given from the criminal opposite Noah. "I've dealt with a lot of stubborn people," He mumbled, chocolate eyes lit with amusement, "They always end up doing what I suggested in the first place." He gave a little laugh.

The two looked at each other in silence.

Brown, earth-like eyes bore into Noah's own ones, piercing him with a calculating stare.

Two pairs of identical shaped and coloured eyes were now staring into each other.

One pair was soft, moist and exposed; The other pair was powerful, sharp and cruel.

Alike eyes, contrasting aspects.

Similar, yet so different.

Noah stayed silent, until his eyes lowered back to the circle of blood next to the carpet. His stomach churned and he rose his eyes to the man's, who followed his gaze. Noah licked his dry lips, "Did you... Did you do this?"

"Do what? I've done a lot," He replied, unbothered. He pointed at all the damage, "The television, the table, the wall. Though it wasn't all my fault." He lolled his head to the side, his neck giving small cracks- He hummed, "But the blood I didn't do. It's mine."

The man lifted his hood off his head slightly, only to reveal his forehead, which had a deep, gash-looking wound on his left side. Noah's right side.

Noah could have sworn he saw a lock of dark red hair poking out from the under the hood, but he wasn't sure due to the lighting.

It was still raw- dried blood stuck to the surroundings of the open wound that had clearly clogged it's blood flow.

Ah, it was the blood.

Noah believed that it wasn't red hair he saw: It was just the trick of the light merging the man's blood with his hair.

Just one more hit and it would probably start bleeding again.

He sighed, lowering his hood and covering the injury yet again, "Your Mother has a nasty hand."

Noah swallowed, hands clenching the armrests.

Good.

This man broke into his home and could have harmed his family.

Noah knew he too, was in potential danger, and was thus keeping quiet and not making any rash movements or decisions.

Not like he could anyway. Noah could see the glint of a blade tucked away neatly within the man's clothing.

He's pretty sure that was the handle of a gun attached to his hip: Noah couldn't really tell in the dim light.

He had to tread carefully, without provoking this unknown person.

Noah's eyes slid down to an area of skin that accidentally got revealed from the man stretching out: The skin under the man's jaw was visible because of his head being layed back onto the armchair's headrest.

Beneath his jaw, right on the joint of where the neck curves up to the submental space of the flesh, was a tattoo of a blood-red, intricately done skull.

Noah's heart soared.

The Red Skulls.

The person opposite sat upright and Noah quickly averted his gaze to the ceiling.

The man shook his head, "I'm not taking you, I keep my word. It hasn't been two months yet," He glanced to the side, eyes slanting, "But it's quite close to it."

Noah didn't know what he was talking about.

Taking me?

That's the only phrase he understood properly.

Why would he take Noah?

The man kept on rambling, "A few more days left, then I'll do it myself. Ah, I just wanted to come check things out, I didn't know you guys moved in again." He leaned his head back onto the headrest again, "Look at all this hassle."

Noah ignored him and stayed silent, letting him talk to himself. He seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice well enough. It would be rude to interrupt.

But curiosity got the best of him and Noah heard himself ask, "Do what yourself?"

The man stopped his muttering and pinned Noah with a hard stare.

There was something familiar about this man, but Noah pushed that idea deep down.

Now wasn't the time to dwell on useless things and feelings.

Silence was shared between the two, before the seemingly older male flung his head back and laughed loudly.

It itched at Noah's ears, sending the hairs on his neck to stand on end. The laugh was nerve-wrecking and unsettling as the man doubled over with his palms on his knees.

Noah swallowed down the lump of anxiety when the man slowly looked at him with solid, cunning maroon irises. "You don't know?" He sneered.

Know what?

He laughed again, making Noah's breath hitch unwillingly, "Ha! Xavier you sly bastard!"

Noah watched as the man gasped for air; He genuinely found Noah's lack of knowledge funny. "Fucking hell! That tricky son-of-a-bitch! What's he playing at?"

Noah suddenly felt as small and meek as a mouse. He closed into himself and layed his hands in his lap, eyeing his phone in the other's grip and wanting to call his mother, Ray, his friends- anyone.

He felt vulnerable.

"Ah, well in that case," The man's mask visibly crinkled upwards again and he arose from the sofa, Noah eyeing him warily with wide eyes. The man closed his hazel-brown eyes into crescents and threw the phone into Noah's lap, "I have no business being here anymore, I'll be back later. It seems like Xavier has it all under control."

With that, the mysterious man walked to the front door. He wrapped his gloved fingers around the handle, but paused. He retreated his hand slightly, fingers lingering on the metal handle, "Ah, they're here."

The faint slam of car doors were heard.

Noah snapped his head up and looked towards the door, hope filling his body.

They can catch him. They're here. I'm safe.

However the man turned away from the door and slipped to the window in the room, shoving it open with one push.

Adrenaline rushed through Noah's veins and he bolted up, phone clattering to the floor.

He's trying to get away.

Noah's blood pumped around his body at the speed of sound as he watched him pull up onto the ledge with ease.

Stop him.

Noah darted forward and grabbed onto the man's shoulders, tugging him back with an unknown strength.

The man shouted in surprised and tumbled off the ledge, still managing to keep his balance and grip on the window.

He regarded Noah with a calm stare, "Let go of me," He warned, the thin layer of threat lacing his speech, "I'm giving you a chance. Something I don't do often."

Noah broke out into pants, adrenaline now kicking at his brain and muscles.

The warning went into one ear and out the other.

He yanked the man again with a grunt and made him stumble backwards the tiniest bit. Noah desperately tried to waste some time so Ray or whoever it was could come in and get this man who broke into their home.

Visible rage filled the man's sight and he growled out, lifting a hand and swatting it against Noah's head.

Noah's vision spun with the single hit and his hold loosened, but still gripped strong enough.

He felt another hand grab his own arms and rip his hands off the clothes he was holding, before being shoved back harshly.

Noah stumbled, crashing backwards into the carpeted floor at the force.

Everything swirled as he propped his arms up and tried to stable himself.

"For fuck's sake," Noah heard the man mumble and tried to focus his eyes.

The door was burst open; Noah heard his name get screamed in about four different voices.

"Oh my God," Evelyn cried, dropping to Noah's side on her knees and pulling his head into her chest, weeping in his brown locks, "My baby!"

He felt another pair of hands on him. He looked to his right and saw Priyanka and Elijah staring at him with wide, worried eyes.

By the time Noah's vision cleared, the masked, unidentified man was gone.

The window was left wide open, with the curtains fluttering outwards into the cold night.

Priyanka was on the verge of tears and she heaved a dry sob, kissing Noah's free hand in apology.

"Why did you leave?" Elijah choked, simply relieved that Noah was okay, "Fuck, you could have died- Shit."

"I'm- I'm fine," Noah trembled, letting out a breath he didn't know he was keeping in. Tremors wrecked his body: He was clearly shaken up.

Noah felt his eyelids close as he relished in his mother's hold.

He didn't know if his quivering was due to his adrenaline rush, or the aftermath of his fear.

Another hand- a larger, heavier, warmer one- was felt on Noah's cheek and he opened his tired eyes. They made contact with ocean-blue ones that held fury and worry all together.

"You're okay," Ray breathed out in content. His relieved face morphed into one of pure anger and he stood up, looking towards the window.

Xavier and Alexander were already at it, most likely seeing if the man was hiding somewhere or if he really made his hasty escape.

Alexander shook his head and turned to everyone with Noah, "He's gone. Well done Noah, you stayed alive."

It was the way Alexander wasn't teasing, that made everyone's heart clench with fret.

Priyanka sniffled and looked up at Alexander through teary eyes, "Who- Who was that?"

Xavier was the one to answer.

He turned to the four on the floor with glazed over, darkened eyes. A rage of his own was caged in those pupils as he spoke out.

"The leader of the Red Skulls," Xavier gritted.

At the words, Noah leaned back, exhausted.

He had hoped it wasn't, but it was.

The tattoo he saw was enough proof.

Noah was tired. He closed his eyes, trying to pretend that everything was okay.

But of course, nothing was ever okay.

Everything always had a flaw.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: damn, looks like everything's beginning to reveal themselves.

I'm curious, who do you think will find out first about why Noah is wanted? Eli, Pri, Dray, James, Noah himself?

I hope you all enjoyed ❤️

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

264 48 22
When an innocent bet between siblings and friend turns into a battle to win. The bet you might ask? That is something one the select few know what it...
18.9K 813 36
Mike is supposed to be the next captain of his school's basketball club, but the 17 year old play boy is distraught because he has to move after his...
252 0 32
River isn't your standard 'good girl.' She never went to Uni, works every day of the week and participates in illegal street races. She uses the body...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...