It's Called: Freefall

By 0HelloSaturn0

--- "Are we out of trash bags?" Dream finally asks, removing his head from the cabinet. "No. I moved them ju... More

|Some Days End When I Need A Few Friends|
|Better Handle Your Shit|
|Called To The Devil|
|Don't Get Me Venting On Friends Who Resent You|
|Keep About Your Wits|
|You Both Hang With Nothing To Do|
|Scratch, Kick|
|Know Yourself And Who You Came In With|
|Do You Like Cigarettes, Dominoes, Rum|
|The Bars Are Closed|
|The Devil Ain't A Friend To No One|
|Let Gravity Win|
|It's Like 2 a.m.|
|You Could Leave It All Behind|
Author's Note (Shelby Situation)

|That's A Story To Tell|

274 19 45
By 0HelloSaturn0

Updates 2 days in a row?? :O

Enjoy!! Vote & comment while reading! Love you <3

Dream dried his hands on a rag and out away the last of the dishes they'd used over the last couple days. "George, could you get the trash?" he asked absently.

George grumbled, but nodded. He dragged himself off the couch and took the top off the trash can to pull out the bag and tie it up.

On his way out of the front of the building, he thought about how he'd basically just gotten over the events that happened a few days ago. It was so weird, but he understood that he barely k ew Dream. And living with somebody you don't know well tends to come with it's downsides. Dream's was that somebody broke into their house.

However, Dream said it was a one time thing, and it had been. He'd kept his word, so George figured it'd be fine.

George was almost at the large dumpster outside of the building by the parking lot, when something poked through the garbage bag and ripped a hole in the side. Something clattered to the ground with a metallic clang, and when he looked down, there was a knife inches from his shoe.

George looked from the hole in the bag to the knife on the ground multiple times, before deciding he didn't care. He picked up the knife by the tip of the handle, shoved it back in the bag, and prayed more garbage wouldn't fall through the hole.

George knew he hadn't thrown it away. So why Dream would throw away a perfectly clean knife, he didn't know (and maybe he had some inkling of a suspicion in the back of his mind, but he pushed it away).

George hauled the trash bag over the side of the large metal dumpster and turned around to return the the warmth and safety of the building. However, George didn't have the privilege of a calm walk back to his apartment. Because of course he didn't.

Instead, a man a bit taller than him who looked like he could beat the shit out of George was jogging over to him from his car.

He had black hair held back with a white fabric headband. Purely by looking at his face, George couldn't tell what his intentions were, so he decided to just move quickly toward the door.

He lunged for the door, stabbing at the keypad quickly and flinging the door open.

The man caught it, and stared at George like it was completely stupid that he was running from him. Now, George could see his hair was twisted into two... space buns? on the back of his head.

George chuckled nervously, and the other just waved. "I'm Sapnap." He stuck out his hand, and George didn't shake it. He just looked at him, hoping his expression radiated 'please go away'.

"I saw you outside," the guy with space buns— Sapnap— explained as he lowered his hand. "I wanted to say hi. I'm Karl's new roommate." He said with a slightly crooked smile and his face flushed red a little bit.

George could feels his eyes go wide. "Did he give you my address or something? How did you find my home?"

"You called Karl a couple days ago, right?"

"Yeah, I did." George eyes the other suspiciously. "Why?"

"I wanted to meet you. And maybe explain some things that Karl told me when I moved in. He's told me what happened with you and Quackity and him, but it seems like you guys have some unfinished business."

George was astonished. Sapnap looked so genuine, and it really threw him off. "Are you serious?" he asked, in a harsher tone than he'd meant.

"I mean, I was. But you look pretty pissed now."

"What could you have to say to me that would make the falling apart of my friend group justifiable?" The questions wasn't rhetorical, George really did want to know. He really wanted to understand why one day, in the middle of one of George and Quackity's spats, Quackity lost his fucking mind and collected George's things and threw him out within the next few hours.

"Can I come inside?" Sapnap asked sheepishly. He wasn't wearing a coat and the building where the door was still propped open was getting cold.

However, George responded, "No. this won't be a long conversation. Just spit it out."

First, Sapnap looked confused, then said, "Karl was pretty sad at first— when you first left. He said you and Quackity had been at each other's throats for a few weeks and he didn't know why. Then you had one huge fight over essentially nothing and—"

"I know the story. Plus, there's plenty Karl clearly didn't tell you. Like how our little fights started because I neglected a few chores because I was depressed while also trying to pull the weight of paying most of the rent. I was the only one with a stable job that produced enough money. For fuck's sake, you wouldn't know that, though. Because Karl probably only knows what Quackity told him." George sighed. He didn't want to talk through this right now, or ever for that matter. It didn't really matter anymore. George knew he was being a... less than perfect friend to his old roommates, but his life had been more complicated then they could've understood. "I'm done with this." George waved his hand and slid past Sapnap.

The other followed behind, chattering apologies and explaining there was more he'd planned on saying. George ignored him, figuring he'd just lock Sapnap out of his apartment and he'd leave.

No such luck. They neared George's door and as he opened it, he slid inside and tried to shut it.

"Would you please listen?" Sapnap asked, sticking his foot in between the door and the frame.

"Fuck off. I don't even know you. Now move or I'm slamming the door on your foot," George threatened.

"I know that, but Karl feels really shitty about everything that happened. I know he does. If you talk to me and I convey what you say back to him, things could get worked out," the other tried to explain.

"I'm not looking for a fucking reunion."

"Hey— Oh, shit— What's going on?" Dream stood frozen, having just walked out of his room.

"Nothing!" George yelled, trying to squish the door shut on Sapnap's foot.

Sapnap's attempts to talk to George calmly halted. "Dream?"

Dream's face burst into recognition. "Sapnap? What is going on?" He looked at George. "Why are you trying to cut off Sapnap's foot with the door?"

George spun around, giving up on the door. "You know him?!"

Dream nodded. "Do you?"

"I mean, he's sort of trying to walk into our apartment. So in that sense, sure."

Sapnap scoffs, pushing the door open. "I was trying to explain why Karl kicked out Quackity, but sure. Let's just act like I was randomly trying to commit a felony."

"Who are Quackity and Karl?" Dream asked, standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room.

"My old roommates. They kicked me out." George crossed his arms. "However..." he mused thoughtfully for a moment. "I would like to know why Karl kicked Quackity out."

"Oh, yeah." Sapnap nodded politely. Then, casually said, "He was selling drugs out of your apartment, I guess. Karl found out and told him to leave."

George nearly choked, then laughed a bit in utter confusion. "What?"

"Yeah, and he had no idea that Quackity hadn't been pitching in with you for rent, I guess. So Karl thought you guys were struggling with rent because you were both slacking off."

"What?" George repeated. "Then why was he so pissy when I called him?!"

"He's still upset about you 'instigating fights with Quackity' and not telling him about Quackity selling drugs. I think he thinks you knew."

"Why in the ever living fuck would I know about that!" George threw his arms wide.

Sapnap shrugged, finding the conversation nowhere near as shocking as George was.

"Uh, hi?" Dream waved. "Sapnap, why did you break into our house?"

"I didn't break in."

"Yes, you did." George crossed his arms.

Dream added, "You sort of did. But are you just here to talk to George? Or is this..." Dream trailed off, and something unspoken passed between Sapnap and him.

"No. I had no idea you lived with my boyfriend's ex-roommate."

"Boyfriend?" Dream asked, with a playful smile one would give a friend they were catching up with. And, George supposed, that was exactly what seemed to be happening.

"I knew it," George said triumphantly, crossing his arms.

Sapnap looked at him indignantly. "How?!"

"You're pretty obvious."

Dream glanced at George. "So, are we even now? We've both accidentally led someone to breaking in, so you can't be upset anymore."

"We are most definitely not even, Dream."

1467 words

Also, Quackity selling drugs obviously isn't meant to perpetuate any stereotypes; it was canon in the DreamSMP (around the time Tommy was stealing phantom membranes & brewing stands).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 516 13
"I didn't leave because i stopped loving you, i left because the longer i stayed the less i loved myself." A fanfic in which Dreams biggest Goal is t...
961 37 15
George has it rough at home and at school, he's constantly picked on in school and when he gets home he's just a punching bag for his shitty father...
218K 4.1K 24
thank you for all the support :) <3 using dnf to improve my writing👍🏻 Will mostly be all fluff and a few angst here and there !I WILL NOT BE WRITIN...
1M 26.5K 41
DNF college AU George is in the middle of his first year of college, but ends up transferring to a new school midyear. He's excited for the change, a...