His Siren, Her Doctor

By LynnRo2

Amora Rey was sent to Earth to learn about humans and their diverse cultures. With only a few months left bef... More

Amora Rey
The Christmas Invasion- Part One
Part Two
Part 3
Surprises and Answers
New Earth Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Call From Mom
Tooth and Claw-Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Time to Start Healing
School Reunion- Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Explanations and Fun
Part Two
Part Three
Heart Open
Rise of the Cypermen
The Age of Steel
Final Goodbyes
Book 2 Sneak Peek

The Girl in the Fireplace Part One

826 25 5
By LynnRo2

The gang took a few days to spend some time together before finally deciding that it was time to show Mickey the universe. Not knowing what to expect on this adventure, Amora decided to dress comfy and dressed in shorts and a simple silk white tank top. She paired it with the gloves Rose gave her for Christmas and boots that the Tardis provided her. She made sure to check with Rose for fashion approval before leaving the Tardis once they landed, the Doctor and Rose were a bit worried that she would get cold, but she reassured them that she wore less clothes on Fraitaro and that she was fine. 

"It's a spaceship. Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go." Mickey said excitedly as he left the Tardis. He couldn't stop looking around, hoping to catch sight of something interesting though was disappointed to see that there were only trash and pieces of ship equipment scattered around.

"It looks kind of abandoned. Anyone on board?" Rose asked the Doctor as she and Amora looked around.

The Doctor took his own look around the ship and shook his head. "Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous." He told them confidently. His confidence however was quickly depleting when they all shot him a look.

"Well, not that dangerous." He said sheepishly, putting his hands in his pockets.

Amora just shook her head at him as Rose and Mickey continued giving him a look of judgement, causing him to nod his head." You know what, I'll just have a quick scan, in case there's anything dangerous." he told them, rushing over to the ships dashboard to look at the scanner, finding out as much information as he could.

"So, what's the date? How far have we gone?" Amora questioned the Doctor as she observed the mess around them.

"About three thousand years into your guy's future, give or take." The Doctor explained as he continued to work on the ship's console. He found the light switch on a console, causing the ceiling to open, showing the stars. Mickey raced over to look at the view, his face pressed against the glass.

"51st century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey. Two and a half galaxies." The Doctor said, giving the man a small smile.

Rose and Amora join Mickey's side, pleased and excited smiles on their faces."Mickey Smith, meet the universe. See anything you like?" Rose asked him with a smile, also looking at the view with much glee.

"It's so realistic!" Mickey exclaimed excitedly to her.

"I would hope so." Amora said with a laugh. She enjoyed Mickey's reaction; it was great that he was not freaking out and just letting himself enjoy the trip." What a gorgeous view." Amora said with a happy sigh as she looked at the stars that were so different from the ones that she used to watch on Fraitaro.

"Dear me, had some cowboys in here. Got a ton of repair work going on. Now that's odd. Look at that. All the warp engines are going. Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe, but we're not moving. So, where's all that power going?" The Doctor questioned out loud.

"Where'd all the crew go?" Amora asked him, confused as no one came to greet them. The place was empty and a mess as well; she was getting quite worried as she wanted Mickey's first official trip to be memorable and fun.

"Good question. No life readings on board." The Doctor informed them as he checked over the life readings on the scanner.

"Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag." Rose joked.

"No, I've checked all the smoking pods. Can you smell that?" The Doctor questioned, not realizing that Rose had a joking tone. He was too busy being curious about their situation.

"Yeah, someone's cooking." Rose said to them, sniffing the air.

"Sunday roast, definitely." Mickey said, sounding so sure of himself.

"Smells burnt, like someone is burning meat." Amora said, shielding her nose from the smell and fanning the air around her.

The Doctor used the console to open a door behind them; Amora noticed that the far wall was paneled and detailed, and contained a blazing fire in an ornate fireplace, with an ormolu clock on the mantlepiece. It was something she had seen in human history books, which made her wonder as to why it was in a spaceship thousands of years into the future.

"Well, there's something you don't see in your average spaceship. 18th century. French. Nice mantle. Not a hologram. It's not even a reproduction. This actually is an 18th century French fireplace. Double sided. There's another room through there." The Doctor informed them as he crouched down by the fire.

"There can't be. That's the outer hull of the ship. Look." Rose said to him.

"Hello." The Doctor greeted the young girl at the other side of the fireplace. She was in her nightgown and seemed a bit scared of the man who just appeared in her fireplace.

"Hello." The girl greeted him shyly, holding onto her nightgown.

"Oh aren't you precious!" Amora said, giving the girl a small smile, which she returned. "What's your name kiddo?" Amora asked her softly. Amora loved children, she was known in her family to always being available to care for the young ones and babysitting them whenever her mother and her partners needed some alone time. She loves her siblings, even when she was casted out from certain events in their village, they always tried their best to support her and make her laugh.

"I'm Reinette." The girl said shyly to the brunette, being shy that such a beautiful woman was being so nice to her. Amora sent her a smile in return.

"Reinette, that's a lovely name. Can you tell me where you are at the moment, Reinette?" The Doctor questioned her, the curiosity clear in his voice.

"In my bedroom." Reinette answered him, confused at his question.

"And where's your bedroom? Where do you live, Reinette?" The Doctor questioned her further.

"Paris, of course." Reinette said with a small giggle, loosening up a bit.

"Paris, right!" Amora said excitedly. She knew the fireplace design was familiar.

"Monsieur, Madame, what are you doing in my fireplace?" Reinette asked them, tilting her head.

"Oh, it's just a routine fire check. Can you tell me what year it is?" The Doctor said with a goofy smile, which caused Amora to giggle a bit.

"Of course, I can. Seventeen hundred and twenty-seven." She said like it was common knowledge.

"Right, lovely. One of my favorites. August is rubbish though. Stay indoors. Okay, that's all for now. Thanks for your help. Hope you enjoy the rest of the fire. Night, night." The Doctor said, ending the conversation.

"Goodnight, dear one. Have sweet dreams." Amora said to the young girl, who was starting to yawn.

"Goodnight, Madame, Monsieur." Reinette said to them, going back to her bed and sleep.

"You said this was the 51st century." Mickey said to the Doctor, crossing his arms.

"I also said this ship was generating enough power to punch a hole in the universe. I think we just found the hole. Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink." The Doctor informed them.

"He just didn't want to say magic door, even though it is." Amora said to Mickey, who nodded.

"Doesn't sound right if I just say it's a magic door now does it love?" The Doctor said to her.

Amora shrugged. "Everyone loves a magic door Doc." She told him. The Doctor nodded his head at her answer as he told another look around the room.

"And on the other side of the magic door is France in 1727?" Rose asked him, shooting a look over towards Amora, who winked at her when they made eye contact.

"Well, she was speaking French. Right period French, too." The Doctor said, noticing something particular about the fireplace, a small barely noticeable mistake.

"She was speaking English, I heard her." Mickey said, looking at the girls for an answer.

"That's the Tardis. Translates for you." Rose said, trying to explain to her boyfriend as best as she could, she didn't remember much about the Tardis and all her abilities.

"Even French?" he asked her, still confused.

"No sh-"Amora began to say before the Doctor covered her mouth. He found a switch and flicked it, causing the fireplace to rotate. Amora, who was next to him, was dragged along for the ride.

"Gotcha!" The Doctor said to her. Amora broke from his embrace and shot him a quick glare before casting a final look towards Mickey and Rose.

"Doctor! Amora!" Rose called after them, reaching a handout to them.

Once the fireplace had stopped rotating, the brunette immediately walked ahead of the Doctor, ignoring him, which deeply saddened the Doctor.

Amora recognized the room as Reinette and walked around the room, looking at the expensive decorations and toys that were scattered around. She saw the girl sleeping soundly in her bed, unaware of the strangers in her room. Amora motions the Doctor over and points to the window, which showed that it was snowing outside. Reinette suddenly woke up, spooking Amora, who let out a loud yelp and clutched her chest. The Doctor laughed at her reaction, stopping when she slapped his arm. He rubbed his arm and pouted at her, to which Amora sighed and patted it as a sorry. 

"It's okay. Don't scream. It's us. It's the fireplace man and fireplace woman. Look. We were talking just a moment ago. We were in your fireplace." The Doctor said, hoping to calm the young girl. who had begun to clutch onto her covers.

"That's horrible advice to give to a child when there are strangers in her room." Amora whispered loudly to him. The Doctor just gives her a look and lit a nearby candle with his sonic screwdriver.

"Madame, Monsieur, that was weeks ago. That was months." Reinette said worriedly to them.

Amora walked over to the girl and sat on the edge of the bed. Reinette moved over and beacon the brunette over, which Amora did. Amora patted the girls' head and gave her a gentle smile. She knew that this was a lot for the young girl and wanted her to know that they were not dangerous.

"How's life been? Hope we didn't scare you too much last time." she asked the blonde, who was quick to shake her head. 

"You do not frighten me Madame." the blonde said with such honesty that made Amora surprised, but Reinette continued on, giving the brunette a short telling of all she did the last few months. 

"It's been months since we last met?" The Doctor asked Reinette, still surprised at the news. "Really? Oh. Must be a loose connection. Need to get a man in." The Doctor said, looking the room over with his sonic screwdriver.

"Who are you both? And what are you doing here?" Reinette asked them, wanting an explanation as to who these strangers were. She always wondered what their names were ever since she first met them. 

The Doctor looked at Amora, who shook her head and then at the clock on the mantel. The ticking was fairly loud. Amora was tempted to throw it away since it was annoying her until she noticed that the clock was broken; meaning that the noise wasn't coming from the clock but somewhere else.

"Okay, that's scary." Amora admitted under her breath, looking at the Doctor to make sure he noticed too.

"You're scared of a broken clock?" Reinette asked them with a tilt of her head. "Should I be scared too?" She asked Amora, looking up at her with big curious eyes.

"Don't worry, we will figure it out." Amora whispered to the girl, who visibly relaxed at her words.

"Just a bit scared, yeah. Just a little tiny bit. Because, you see, if this clock's broken, and it's the only clock in the room, then what's that?" The Doctor asked them, causing Reinette to cling to Amora, who gave her a hug to comfort her. She wanted to scold the Doctor for scaring her but stayed by Reinette, rocking her to calm her down. 

They all stay silent to hear the ticking of a clock that sounded throughout the room.

"Because, you see, that's not a clock. You can tell by the resonance. Too big. Six feet, I'd say. The size of a man." The Doctor told them.

"What is it?" Amora asked him, going on high alert, ready to protect and fight whatever was in the room with them.

"Now, let's think. If you were a thing that ticked and you were hiding in someone's bedroom, first thing you do, break the clock. No one notices the sound of one clock ticking, but two? You might start to wonder if you're really alone. Stay on the bed. Right in the middle. Don't put your hands or feet over the edge." The Doctor informed the young girl, who quickly scooted away from the edge and beacon Amora to join her in the middle of her bed.

"I'll protect you." Amora said, noticing the frightened expression on the girl's face. She hummed a bit, the melodic sound sending any fear in Reinette away. The Doctor also listened to Amora's humming, enjoy it tremendously; though something told him that he heard that melody before, way longer than he knew Amora, but he pushed it to the farthest part of his head. "Stop scaring her Doc." Amora told the Doctor, who ignored her as he waved his sonic screwdriver underneath the bed. Something knocked it out of his hand, spooking them all.

"Reinette don't look round." The Doctor whispered to the small child, who tucked herself deeper into Amora's arms. Amora looked down at her arms to see goosebumps appearing before looking at the large ornate mirror by the fireplace, a figure in a smiley ornate mask now stood behind her and Reinette.

"You, stay exactly where you are. Hold still, let me look." The Doctor said to the figure, Amora sensing how closed the figure was. She shielded Reinette further away from it while Reinette scooted closer to the Doctor. The Doctor touched Reinette's head and looked deep into her eyes. She reached a handout towards Amora, who quickly grasped it while keeping her eyes steadily on the figure.

"It's alright, I'm right here." She whispered to young girl, encouraging her as much as possible throughout the process.

"You've been scanning her brain. What, you've crossed two galaxies and thousands of years just to scan a child's brain? What could there be in a little girl's mind worth blowing a hole in the universe?" He asked the figure as Amora's glare hardened at it.

"I don't understand. It wants me? You want me?" Reinette asked the figure as Amora's eyes casted around for something that she could use against the figure. She silently cursed in her head and rolled her eye at the fact that she forgotten that they were in a child's bedroom. 

"Not yet. You are incomplete." A robotic voice replied back to her, spooking the child greatly.

"Incomplete? What does that mean, incomplete? You can answer her, you can answer me. What do you mean, incomplete?" The Doctor demanded as the droid walked closer to the Doctor. Amora, in a panic, immediately jumped off the bed.

"Stay right here." Amora said to Reinette, petting her on the head before kicking the droid from behind, causing it to fall to the ground. It stood up and straighten itself, a large blade came out of its hand.

"Madame, Monsieur, be careful." The young girl pleaded, not wanting them to get hurt.

"Just a nightmare, Reinette, don't worry about it. Everyone has nightmares." Amora said happily to her as she blocked and dodged the android's blade while the Doctor looked for something to stop it with.

"Even monsters from under the bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?" The Doctor asked the droid, as it missed Amora again and got stuck on the mantlepiece. For good measures while it was trapped, Amora swiped at its legs again to bring it down and used a steady grip on its head to make sure it didn't start anything. 

"What do monsters have nightmares about?" Reinette asked them, looking at them in worry but also in awe in how they, specifically Amora, had protected and saved her.

"Us!" The Doctor shouted, motioning to Amora of his next action.

Amora waved at the young girl before pushing the android head further down. The Doctor activated the mechanism and the fireplace rotated, taking them back to Rose and Mickey. The Doctor quickly ran off to get something as Amora felt the android free hand take a hold of her leg. She managed to free herself from its grip and stepped back, allowing the android to rise and remove his blade from the mantle. 

"Doctor! Amora!" Rose cried out to them, seeing the droid, and being worried for her friends. Rose hid behind of Amora, who made sure to keep the blonde away from the droid. Mickey hid behind them, also frighten by the android. 

The Doctor grabbed a tube from a nearby rack and fired its contents over the android. It seized up before it finally stopped moving. Amora was quick to flick it, causing the android to fall back and land face up at them. 

"Excellent. Ice gun." Mickey said to the Doctor, impressed by the device in his hand.

"Fire extinguisher." The Doctor said to him before throwing it at him, rolling his eyes at the man's comment as Mickey had trouble catching it.

"Where did that thing come from?" Rose asked them as she looked down at the android.

"Here." Amora answered her, motioning to the spaceship as she leaned down to get a closer look at the mask.

"So why is it dressed like that? "Mickey asked the Doctor and Amora.

"Field trip to France. Some kind of basic camouflage protocol. Nice needlework, shame about the face. "The Doctor said, crouching down by the android. He removed the android's face to reveal clockwork. Amora looked at it, amazed at all of the internal workings.

"That is just amazing! That is art!" Amora said excitedly as she examined the clockwork.

"Oh, you are beautiful! No, really, you are. You're gorgeous! Look at that. Space age clockwork, I love it. I've got chills! Listen, seriously, I mean this from the heart, and, by the way, count those, it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you. But that won't stop me." The Doctor said a bit darkly, causing Amora to look at him with a bit of a blush. He was attractive when he spoke all dark and rough. Before the Doctor could do anything, the droid beamed away causing the Doctor to whine in disappointment. Amora stopped her thinking; his whining ruined it.

"Short range teleport. Can't have got far. Could still be on board." The Doctor said with a frown.

"What is it?" Rose asked the Doctor as he went back to the fireplace.

"Don't go looking for it!" Amora told them as she joined him, pointing a finger at them to show how serious she was. She did not want anything to happen to her friends but there was a child waiting for them and in much need of their help.

"Where're you going?" Rose asked them, wondering where they were going and wanting to join them. Rose took a step forward, but the Doctor shot his hand out at her, signaling for her to stop and stay with Mickey.

"Back in a sec." The Doctor told her as he grabbed Amora before she could say something to her friends and then they appeared in a different room, where a young woman was watching them without them noticing. They were too busy looking around the room to the notice the young woman, Amora had noticed a harp and quickly walked over to it. She played a few notes, enjoying the sounds that emitted with each pluck of her hands. It had been a while since she played the harp, wasn't her favorite human instrument but it was still fun and great for relaxation. 

"Reinette? Just checking you're okay." The Doctor asked out loud while looking over at Amora and her playing. He had to remind himself to ask her about playing for him sometime.

"Ahem." A young woman's voice called out, directing their attention to her.

"Oh. Hello. Er, we were just looking for Reinette. This is still her room, isn't it? We've been away, not sure how long." The Doctor said, rubbing the back of his neck. Amora looked at the young woman, noticing that she looked very familiar. She gave the room another look before smiling at the blonde with recognition. Reinette beamed at Amora, ecstatic that she had recognized her that she couldn't help it when she felt her smile widened at the brunette.

"Reinette! We're ready to go." Amora presumed Reinette's mother called out.

Reinette rolled her eyes and casted her gaze over to the opened door. "Go to the carriage, Mother. I will join you there." She called out to her mother before focusing her attention back on to Amora, who somehow was even more beautiful than how she remembered, which worried the Doctor a bit once he noticed the looks Reinette was giving Amora." It is customary, I think, to have an imaginary friend only during one's childhood. You are to be congratulated on your persistence." She said with a smile as she took a step closer towards them.

"Reinette! How are you? It's been a while, hasn't it?" Amora said to the blonde, still a bit shocked at how much time had passed. "Love with what you did to your room, love the harp, very well kept and taken care of." she said, giving her a nod of approval for her instrument care. 

"And you both do not appear to have aged a single day. That is tremendously impolite of you both." Reinette replied back, which caused Amora to giggle. Reinette smiled seemed to brighten even more at the sound.

"Right, yes, sorry. Listen, lovely to catch up, but better be off, eh? Don't want your mother finding you up here with strangers, do we?" The Doctor said as he took a step back, noticing how the blonde was moving closer and closer to Amora, who didn't seem to notice as she kept her eyes on Reinette.

"Strangers? How could you be strangers to me? I've known you since I was seven years old." Reinette laughed at him and his comment.

"Yeah, I suppose you have. We came the quick route though." Amora said with a grin. She was glad that the young girl was able to grow up without being attacked by the droids antagonizing her. 

"You seem to be flesh and blood, at any rate, but this is absurd. Reason tells me you cannot be real." Reinette said as she lightly caressed Amoras' face. Amora was a bit confused at this but let the girl continue, enjoying her touch. Reinette must have missed them as they did leave in a hurry last time.

"Oh, you never want to listen to reason" The Doctor said to her, noticing the shift in the air.

"Mademoiselle! Your mother grows impatient." A servant called out, causing Reinette to jump slightly.

"A moment!" She called out before turning her attention back to Amora. "So many questions. So little time." She whispered before pulling Amora into a deep kiss. Amora gasped in shock before closing her eyes and kissing back instinctively. The Doctor looked at them in shock and cursed himself; the signs were all there that Reinette was going to kiss her, but he just wanted to believe that Reinette was just in shock and amazed that they were actually real and not a figment of her imagination.

"Mademoiselle Poisson!" The same servant called out, causing Reinette to end the kiss. Amora opened her eyes and touched her lips, still shocked by the blonde's actions.

"Did that really just happen?" Amora whispered before looking at the Doctor. He gave her an indescribable look and looked at the door, not able to say anything as he was still thinking about the events that had just played out.

Reinette runs out, happy that she got to kiss her 'imaginary' friend. The servant entered the room, confused by the pair in the room.

"Poisson? Reinette Poisson? No! No, no, no, no, no way. Reinette Poisson? Later Madame Etoiles? Later still mistress of Louis the Fifteenth, uncrowned Queen of France? Actress, artist, musician, dancer, courtesan, fantastic gardener!" Amora said excitedly while the Doctor looked slightly annoyed.

"Who the hell are you?!" The servant demanded to know. Amora just laughed and pulled the Doctor over to the fireplace.

"I'm Amora and he's the Doctor, and I just snogged Madame de Pompadour. Ha, ha!" She said, as the fireplace turned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 168 14
'The Great Star' a title passed down to Celestia Andromeda when she was just a young child, and since then all she has ever seen was darkness. While...
8.2K 288 25
Book Two Amanda Reed was found knocked out near some flats and was rushed to the hospital. When she woke up, the only thing she could remember was he...
950 65 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...
69K 2.2K 66
callisto, an alien from a far away planet, is trapped in a museum of alien artefacts. a man with no name and only a job title finds her and invites h...