𝔽𝕒𝕣𝕒 π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•Šπ•₯οΏ½...

By angelicMichiko

Fara is the eldest daughter of Tenzin and Pema, and the granddaughter of Avatar Aang and Master Katara. Fara... More

Information on Fara
Chapter 1- Backstory
Chapter 2- The Return to Republic City
Chapter 3- The Probending match
Chapter 4- Executive Manager
Chapter 5- The Missing Earthbender
Chapter 6- The Surprise Visit
Chapter 7- The Spirit of CompetitionοΏΌ
Chapter 8- Double date
Chapter 9- And the winner is.....
Chapter 10- The Aftermatch
Chapter 11- When Extremes Meet
Chapter 12- The Missing Avatar
Chapter 13-Turning the Tides
Chapter 14- General Iroh
Chapter 15- Endgame
Chapter 16- The Glacier Spirits Festival
Chapter 17- Goodbye's
Chapter 18- The Southern Air Temple
Chapter 19- The Phone call
Chapter 20- Peacemaker
Chapter 21- Ash
Chapter 22- Confused Feelings
Chapter 23- The Big Finale
Chapter 24- False Accusations
Chapter 25- Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 26- Darkness Falls
Chapter 27- Light in the Dark
Chapter 28- A Breath of Fresh Air
Chapter 29- Rebirth
Chapter 30- The Earth Queen
Chapter 31- In Harms Way
Chapter 32- Zaofu
Chapter 33- Birthday Sex
Chapter 34- Old Wounds
Chapter 35- Girls Day
Chapter 37- The Stakeout
Chapter 38- Deserted
Chapter 39- Its too Late
Chapter 40- The Airbenders
Chapter 41- Venom of the Red Lotus
Chapter 42- Jinora's Ceremony
Chapter 43- A Visit to the Fire Nation
Chapter 44- Midnight Love
Chapter 45-Birthday Bash
Chapter 46- Engagement Party
Chapter 47- Bring Your FiancΓ©e to Work
Chapter 48- After All These Years
Chapter 49- The Coronation
Chapter 50- The Calling
Chapter 51- Enemy at the Gates
Chapter 52- The Battle of Zaofu
Chapter 53- Reunion
Chapter 54- Secrecy
Chapter 55- Kuvira's Gambit
Chapter 56- Day of The Colossus
Chapter 57- The Last Stand

Chapter 36- The Terror Within

2.2K 60 27
By angelicMichiko

It was noon by the time any of the girls and I got up. I went in search of Iroh after we all parted ways.

Iroh was packing his belongings in our shared room when I found him.

"You leaving?"

Iroh swiftly turned around and attempted to conceal his suitcase. "What?....nahh.." He halted because he was aware that I wasn't buying it. "Yeah, I'm leaving."

I made my way over to the general. "Ooh baby, it's okay. You don't have to lie to me that you're leaving. I knew."

"You knew?" Iroh perked up.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, sheepishly. "I heard you crying in the radio room that you didn't want to leave."

"Oh." Iroh rubbed under his nose. "I..uh I-I wasn't crying about leaving. I just heard horrible news about one of my crew members." He lied.

"R-right." I grabbed the sides of Iroh's face and planted a few kisses on his lips. "Just say you're going to miss me."

Iroh slithered his arm around my waist. "I'm going to miss you."

"Now was that so hard?" I held Iroh tighter in my embrace. "I'll miss you, too."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, I walked up to it, revealing a few of Zaofu's guards. "Is General Iroh here?"

I opened the door wider, revealing Iroh sitting on the bed.

"Your airship is here, sir. I will escort you out."

Iroh heaved a sigh as he stood up and gave the guards his belongings to carry.

Iroh turned around, pulling me closer to him and leaving a long lingering kiss on my lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too. I'll see you soon."

I watched as Iroh followed after the guards, leaving Zaofu.

This time, I didn't feel empty inside watching Iroh leave. I knew I was going to see him again, and we were finally going to take a break with the craziness around us and just settle down and just love each other.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

Asami and I had walked to the garden where Korra is sparring with Wing. He fires two meteorites at her, but she dodges them and sends her metal cable at him. He dodges it twice, traps it on the ground, and bends it back at her. The impact of the cable knocks Korra to the ground.

Wing pumps his fist. "I can't believe I'm sparring with the Avatar!"

"I can't believe I'm stuck with her friend." Wei says, referring to Bolin. Bored and frowning.

"Hang on, I think I got it. Let me just try this." Bolin attempts and fails to bend a meteorite. "Nope, okay maybe-" He is cut off as he gets nailed with a slab of metal by Wei.

"Trial by fire. It's the best way to learn metal-bending." Wei says. Bolin ducks as a meteorite is sent toward him. He quickly bends a pebble at Wei, directly hitting his forehead. "Agh!"

"Right in the third eye." I winced.

"Yeah, nice shot, Bolin." Mako agrees, appearing behind Asami and I. Wei grabs his forehead with both hands and makes little moans of pain. "But I thought you were supposed to be practicing metalbending, not earthbending."

Wei rubs his red forehead. "Yeah, cheater." He crosses his arms.

"Mako, metalbending is extremely difficult. No one gets it right away, if they can get it at all! It's not normal!" Everyone looks to Korra, as she is able to dodge Wing's attacks and knock him to the ground with her cables.

Korra jumps as she flexes her muscles. "Woo-hoo!Metalbending champion!"

I applauded for her. "Go, Korra!" But immediately stopped when Bolin glared at me.

"Oh sure. She's the Avatar!" He said.

"Guys, it's time to get cleaned up." Asami had said. "Tonight is Opal's farewell dinner."

Bolin sadly, sighed. "Oh, now I have to say bye to Opal? This is the worst day ever!" He slumps his shoulders and walks away sulkily.

To get ready for the dinner this evening, everyone went their separate ways.

Asami and I had shown up together to the dining area where Bolin, Korra, Mako, Varrick and Opal and her entire family were awaiting on us. "Look who decided to finally show up. The models."

I slowly strut over to an available seat beside Varrick  as Asami was close behind.

Bolin looked around the room. "Where's Iroh?"

"Oh, you know him, he had general things to do." I responded by waving my hand.

Opal's farewell dinner had began, as the chef walks over and gives Opal her plate. "Thanks for making my favorite meal." She beamed.

"I'm really going to miss you, Opal. No one appreciates my raw veggie wraps like you do." The chef walks away to serve the remaining plates of food.

I turned to Asami who had been awfully quiet since we've arrived in Zaofu. "Are you okay? You've been so to yourself lately."

Asami shook her head as though she were lost in thought. "I'm fine, I've just been thinking a lot recently, it's nothing."

I cocked my head to the side. "Do you wanna talk about it? I'm here if you need anything."

Asami quickly took a handkerchief off the table and wiped her eyes with it. "It's just-its...I just miss my dad."

"Asami," I lightly cooed, poking out my bottom lip in sorrow.

"I've known him for all my life and it's just been weird not seeing or having him around. You know?"

I rested my head on the shoulder of my friend. "Yeah, I know. I would be sick to my stomach if anything happened like that to my father. You guys were really close, it's understandable. Maybe when we get back to Republic City, you can try to visit him in prison again? Does that sound like a good idea?"

Asami shook her head. "Can you please come with me?"

"Of course, I'll come with you, babe."

Varrick, who was sitting besides me yells for his assistant. "Zhu li!" He snaps his fingers, "bring the, uh, thing." Zhu Li appears in a flash next to Varrick and hands him a contraption from a bag. "Check out my latest invention!" He reveals a device with a knob in the center and a red, yellow, and green indicator on top. "An airbender finder."

As I take the machine from Varrick and hand it over to Asami. Korra, who was seated next to Asami, points her fork at the device. "Wait, that can find airbenders?" Asami aims the device towards me.

Asami moves the device up and down, but nothing happens. "Uh..I think, it's broken." She hands the gadget back to Varrick.

Angrily, Varrick says. "It's not broken. She needs to-" He waves his hands around in a bending motion. "airbend into it!" He grabs the airbender finder. "How else do you expect the thing to work?" Varrick does not look pleased.

Suyin taps her glass to gain everyone's attention. A metallic object tapping against the glass three times is heard. In the middle of the table, Suyin has stood up with her glass raised.

"Everyone, if I could have your attention please? Tonight, my beautiful little girl leaves for the Northern Air Temple." Su places a hand on her necklace. "Opal, none of us could be more proud of you. You're an incredible daughter, sister, friend," Su lays a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "and soon to be-" Suyin bends down a bit and Opal rests against her mother's shoulder. "airbending master." Suyin gives a kiss on Opal's head. Su raises her glass up high. "Here's to Opal. May she help lead us into the new era!" Everyone raises their glass for a toast.

After dinner, at the docking bay at sunset, Opal's airship had arrived. She boarded the airship has it began to ascend. Opal stands at the window of the ship, waving goodbye to her family and friends.

The docking bay where everyone is looking up at the airship and some are waving to Opal. Lin who was standing beside Korra and I, smiled. "We'll head out first thing in the morning."

Bolin sighs solemnly and follows Lin's lead as do I. Korra walks next to Bolin, with her arm resting on his back in comfort. We all walk away and the metal petals of the city start to close.

In order to get a good night's sleep, everyone went to their guest room. Since Iroh had left, I was a little afraid to sleep alone, so I had asked Asami if I could sleep with her tonight. She didn't mind.

After a few hours of sleeping, an alarm began to blare loudly.

I groan against Asami. "What's going on?" Through the window I can see two guards activate the spotlights and direct their beam down on a group of unknown people.

I shake Asami aggressively. "We're under attack! Wake up!"

Asami jolts up as loud explosions burst from outside our room. We opened the door as Bolin and Mako are sent flying to land outside Asami's door. She and I run out to help them.

"We can't let them take her." Mako groans.

"Take who?"

"They've got Korra."

"I don't think they're going to get far." Asami says. "Look!"

One of Zaofu's guards attacks the group, but is easily overpowered. The criminals try to flee, but are stopped in their tracks as they are surrounded with slabs of metal, bent by Lin. Wei and Wing add onto the pile, backed up by more guards.

"We have you surrounded." Kuvira announces. "It's over. Release the Avatar!"

Lava begins to flow out from underneath the pile. Lin uses a rock pillar to propel herself away from the deadly lava, and two guards do the same with their metal cables. The metal cage holding the criminals slowly falls apart under the magma.

"No way!" Bolin gasped amazed. "That guy is lavabending! That's awesome...ly not good for us."

The Beifong estate courtyard has become a battleground. A bald headed man begins to airbend a mask of smoke from the lava, however, I created an air tornado that caught him by the wind and was able to reel the man off the platform while the guards dealt with him.

Bolin, Mako, Lin, Asami and I take cover together behind a slab of metal in order to avoid the criminals' attacks, firing off some of our own. A tall women with a third eye notices us and arcs a combustion blast to hit us, but it is blocked just short of connecting by another metal slab bent by Suyin and her twin sons, who join us.

"How did they get in here?" Lin asked Suyin. Everyone ducks reflexively as a combustion attack detonates nearby.

"I don't know," Su replies, "but we're not letting them escape!"

We look over, as three guards use more metal slabs to create a bridge to get to the criminals. The lavabender knocks the guards off with earthbending.

"There's no way to cross that moat." Asami voices.

Suyin looks up at the ceiling dome. "We don't need to cross it. Lin and I can drop in from the dome on cables."

Sarcastically, Lin says. "That's a great idea. Except we'll get blown up the second that third-eyed freak sees us." Another blast explodes as if to prove her point.

"She's a combustionbender." Su says. "If one of you can stun her, her powers will be knocked out temporarily."

"Bolin can land a shot." Mako remarks, putting his brother on the spot.

"I can?" Bolin remarks.

"You have to take her out right before we drop down." Su stated.

"I do?" Bolin questioned.

As they accompanied their mother and aunt to the dome that was directly above the criminals, the twins had given us a walkie-talkie so that we could communicate with them.

"We're in position." The walkie-talkie had buzzed.

"Copy that." Mako said into the walkie before looking at his brother. "It's Bolin time."

"All right. Bolin time. Bolin time!" Bolin fires a boulder at the third eyed freak, but she ducks and avoids it. The criminals immediately start firing attacks toward Mako, Bolin, Asami and I's slab. Attacks go back and forth between the criminals, Bolin, Mako and I. "I can't get a clean shot!"

I create an air bubble temporarily protecting us.

"You have to!" Mako shouts at Bolin.

From his walkie-talkie, Wei asks. "Are we a go?"

"No go!" Mako answers.

"Copy that," Wei replies. "We're a go."

"I said no! Wait!" He is too late. Suyin and Lin drop down. Mako and I peer back at the criminals, who are preoccupied with the guards. The third eyed freak looks up and sees Suyin and Lin as she smirks.

I send a strong gust of wind toward the tall woman, causing her to slightly trip forward. "Bolin, take the shot! Please!"

Bolin gets ready to fire as he gets up and quickly launches a tiny pebble at her. The pebble hits her dead-centre in her third-eye tattoo, knocking her head back, and causing her attack to explode right above her team.

The explosion knocks the criminals down. Mako cheers on the success of Bolin's attack, which allowed Suyin and Lin to land safely.

Lin picks up Korra and travels with her sister back up toward the dome. The water handed waterbender traps her leg with water, but I blast a strike of lightning at her to break her hold and divert her attention, Mako joins in firing blasts.

Suddenly, the airbender falls down from the air on his glider and lands with his team. He angrily airbends a huge cloud of smoke; when it clears, the lava has cooled, and there is no sign of them.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

After the criminals escape, everyone gathered in Suyin's office, where Korra lies on the couch, waking up.

"This should neutralize the shirshu toxins." Aiwei hand slides under Korra's head and a green bottle is placed at her lips. Aiwei tilts the bottle so some of the liquid flows into Korra's mouth. Korra's hand slowly twitches and she lifts a finger.

The Beifong sisters look down on the Avatar. Suyin rests her right hand on her chest in relief, though Lin angrily turns to her half-sister, her fists clenched to her sides.

Lin shouts at Suyin. "How could you let this happen?You assured me this was one of the most secure places in the world."

Korra brings a knee up, trying to sit up.

Suyin frowns at Lin. "It is. I don't know how this happened. Obviously this was a well-planned operation, don't blame me."

"We searched the entire estate." The female guard, known as Kuvira appeared at the doorway. "There's no sign of them."

"Well, keep looking!" Lin growled. Kuvira gives a bow and departs.

Aiwei stands up. "It would seem they had some inside knowledge of Zaofu. They must've been working with someone."

Korra sighs. "The-" she puts a hand on her head and sits up. "The guards. It had to be one of them."

Aiwei slightly nods. "I agree."

"Question them all!" Suyin shouted, angrily. "Whoever betrayed my city will suffer the consequences!" She storms off.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

The next morning, the investigation on who had helped the criminals enter Zaofu had begun. Mako and I were part of the investigation since we were detectives...well, I was a detective with Mako in Republic City for a few hours before I quit, but that's not the point, the point is they wanted me there with them.

In the interrogation room, Aiwei is seated at one end of a small table, with a guard at the next. Aiwei asks each question, indicating an elapse of time. "What is your full name?" As Aiwei questions a second guard. "Where were you last night?" Aiwei questioning yet a different guard. "Do you have any knowledge of the people who tried to kidnap the Avatar?"

The majority of the guards Aiwei had questioned, answered in the same way: they were not involved with the criminals.

Aiwei is now questioning a young male guard. "I have absolutely no knowledge of the people who tried to kidnap Korra."

Aiwei looks back at Lin and shakes his head, signaling that this man is not the culprit. Korra looks at Lin defeatedly and Lin nods to Aiwei to question the next suspect.

Varrick was next on the table. "What was I doing last night? Same thing I always do. From nine to ten, I checked my body for ticks. Lyme disease is a serious killer." Everyone else in the room looks at him with disbelief. "Then I did my nightly-" Varrick is now standing up with a leg on a chair and exercising while demonstrating the workout. "Varrick calisthenics, followed by thirty minutes of breath holding. I filmed the whole thing if you want to watch it." He stops exercising. "And I've also been working on a new script for the adventure's of Ash."

Aiwei with a hand on his head. Korra has a hand on her mouth and she looks like she is about to laugh. Mako pinches his nose bridge from annoyance. Suyin has two hands clasped in front of her mouth.

"Adventure's of Ash?" I questioned, Varrick.

"What, you don't like the title name? You want to make it up?!" Varrick scolded me.

"That won't be necessary." Aiwei says. Varrick and his assistant leave the interrogation room and close the door behind them.

"Maybe it wasn't a guard after all. Maybe it was someone a little higher up the food chain." Lin glared at her sister. "Aiwei, why don't you question Su?"

"Oh, Lin, stop," I rolled my eyes. "Your sister was not involved."

"No," Su walks over to the chair. "I'll gladly be questioned. I have nothing to hide." She sits down.

"What is your full name?" Aiwei asked.

"Suyin Beifong. I'm the daughter of Toph-" she glances at Lin. "And the only sister to Lin, and I had nothing to do with the attack last night."

Aiwei turns to Lin. "She is telling the truth." Korra sighs in frustration.

"This is a waste of time," I scoff.

"Just bring in the next guard!" Korra growls.

The next guard walks in and sits down. "Give me your name and tell me where you are from." Aiwei asked.

"I'm Hong Li. I was born and raised here in Zaofu." The young guard had answered.

"Do you have any knowledge of the people who tried to kidnap the Avatar?" Aiwei questioned.

"No." Hong Li answered.

Aiwei stiffens and leans forward. "Did you help the attackers enter Zaofu last night?"

"No, of course not."

Calmly, Aiwei says. "You're lying."

Hong Li is shocked. "What?! No, I'm not!" Su walks and storms up to him.

"How did they get in and out?" Su grabs Hong Li by the armor and pulls him out of the chair and slams him against the wall. "Where are they now?"

Fearfully, Hong Li says. "I don't know! I'm telling you, I didn't help them!"

"You're a traitor to the entire clan!" Su shouts.

"I suggest we search his place." Aiwei comments.

We left the interaction room and made our way to an apartment complex which is Hong Li's home, as we search for evidence.

The team, Aiwei and I search for clues. Bolin walks to the kitchen and opens the oven before closing it in disappointment. He stands up and opens a small cupboard above.

Mako's hands separate some papers on a desk and he picks up a small written note. "I got something!"

Bolin's mouth is stuffed with cookies. "What?" He puts away the cookie jar and starts to eat. Everyone walks over to Mako.

Mako reads the note. "It looks like it's from them. Team assembled. Ready to rendezvous."

Asami hands Aiwei a book. "And look at this."

Aiwei takes the book and opens it as Mako leans over to look. "These are the guards' logbooks. All their schedules and routes are in here."

"That guard knows everything." Korra stated. "We have to get him to talk."

"Let's go confront him with this evidence right now." Mako adds.

"No." Aiwei said as my friends and I are confused. "Let's give him a little time to sweat it out. He will talk eventually."

After Aiwei had left, the team and I decided to check out the cooled down moat from last night. Naga is walking around, sniffing the rocks. A few Zaofu guards watch over the crime scene.

"I don't understand why we're not talking to that guard right now." Mako groans. "Every minute we waste here, those guys get further away. I mean, how does a random guard get involved with a group of super criminals anyway?"

"What do you mean?" Asami questioned.

"He did look awfully young." I added.

Mako points a finger at me. "Exactly. That guard is only eighteen years old and has lived in Zaofu his entire life. Zaheer and his gang have been in prison for more than thirteen years."

"I don't know," Korra had said, "but we all saw the evidence. It's pretty overwhelming."

Varrick pops up from inside a hole, surprising us. "Maybe a little too overwhelming?"

"Hey, Varrick." Bolin exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

Varrick collects pumice stones with Zhu Li. "That lavabender did a lot of damage, but he makes a nice exfoliating rock, and when you got callouses like mine, you take all the pumice stones you can get your hands on. Or in my case, feet." Varrick laughs, as Zhu Li rubs a stone against his foot, to the team's disgust.

Mako approached closer to Varrick. "What were you saying about the evidence?"

"I was saying that I can smell a conspiracy when I see one. Look, if I was trying to set someone up, I would tell everyone he's guilty and then plant the evidence in his apartment as proof."

"Oh," Mako scoffed. "You mean exactly like what you did to me?"

"Yes, just like that! Remember how great that worked?" Varrick chuckles. "Well, not for you."

"You're right." Mako exclaimed. "All the evidence points to this guard, but maybe he's just the fallback."

"But for who?" Bolin questioned.

I turned to Mako coming to my own realization. "For the only person who can truly keep a secret in this city: Aiwei."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

We were now outside Aiwei's house. Bolin peeks into the window.

"He's not home. Or he's hiding in there." Bolin gasps. "Or he's invisible." Mako looks at him very skeptically. "Probably just not home."

"We have to get in there and find some evidence that links Aiwei to Zaheer, otherwise Su won't believe us." My friends and I walk in and begin to search Aiwei's home.

I stand at the door frame. "I'm wondering why this man didn't lock his house door before leaving the house this morning."

"Fara, not important." Mako scolded.

Asami flips through a book on a table. "It's just an empty book."

Bolin gains interest in a jar on Aiwei's bookshelf. "Hmm, it's like a desert on a jar."

"Bolin," I scold. "Put that back! We don't want Aiwei to know we were in here if we can't find anything." Bolin moves to put the jar back, but has forgotten where it was.

Mako intensely looks at his brother. "You forgot where it goes, didn't you?" Mako puts the jar back on its shelf. He moves onto the end of the bookshelf, as he sees some marks on the floor. "These look like scuff marks. I think this bookshelf slides open." He slides the shelf aside to reveal a cellar.

"What do you think is down there?" Korra asked.

"Could be a storage cellar." Bolin shrugs.

"Or it could be how Zaheer got in and out." Mako says.

"Aiwei's coming back!" Asami shouted, startling Mako, Bolin, Korra and I. "Quick." The four of us run off of the stairs and slide the bookshelf back where it was.

"Why didn't we just hide inside the cellar?" I questioned.

"Fara! Enough with the stupid questions." Mako scolded.

On que Aiwei enters his home.

"What are doing in my house?" Aiwei asked with anger. "You are trespassing on the property of one of the highest-ranked officials in the city. You'd better have a good explanation."

"We do. We do. We actually knocked on your front door and we thought we heard you say," In a higher pitched voice, Bolin says. "Come in, I'm in the bathroom!" Silence as Bolin changes back to his normal voice. "I don't even know why I'm saying that. You know I'm lying, and you don't even sound like that."

I purse my lips at Bolin as I lean towards him. "And you call yourself an actor. Disgrace."

"We came here because things weren't adding up, and we thought you might have some answers." Korra confessed.

Aiwei gestures to his couch. "Sit. If you want to talk, let's talk over some tea." He pours green tea into a cup. "Now, what is not adding up exactly? Hong Li was clearly lying and we found evidence in his apartment."

"But don't you think it's weird how young he is?" Mako interrogated Aiwei. "How did he ever get mixed up with this group?"

Aiwei walks toward the bookshelf. "Perhaps through a relative, or maybe he was bribed. We will find out those answers in time. But if wasn't him, who do you think it was?"

Asami and I share a concerned look. "We don't know."

Aiwei moves the jar back to its original spot. "You don't think I had something to do with this, do you?"

I angrily glared over to Bolin as I scolded him as he dejectedly laid his head down.

"We're just looking for answers." Korra replies, trying to beat around the bush.

"And you think you've found something, don't you?" Aiwei notices the bookshelf has been moved. He pauses as the team and I all look at each other nervously. "You have no idea what is coming for you, Avatar."

Aiwei metalbends his stairs upward. I airbend and Mako firebends at the new wall, but it has no effect. Korra metalbends into the wall, but only makes a small rupture.

Anxiety begins to fill me. "Come on, he's getting away! I thought you mastered this?"

"I'm still a little new at this!" Korra manages to break through the wall, and we run to the cellar and open the door, only to find a bomb, which promptly goes off, my air bending instincts had immediately went off when I created a large air bubble shield, protecting myself and my friends as the bomb destroys everything around us.

"ARGH!" Korra angrily groaned, frustrated by Aiwei escape.

Korra sees a small opening nearly covered by debris. "Look, he must've escaped through there! Help me clear it out."

Bolin and Korra do so with earthbending to reveal a tunnel entrance, as Lin and Suyin run into the room.

"What happened? We heard an explosion."

"Where's Aiwei?" Su asks.

"Your trusted adviser is the one who betrayed us. He was lying about the guard and tried to kill us!" I exclaim, frustrated that I had almost lost my life.

"What? No!" Suyin breathed out shocked.

"We confronted him and he bolted through here." Korra points to the tunnel entrance.

Lin uses her seismic sense on the tunnel. "He must have collapsed the tunnel behind him."

"And he rigged an explosion to destroy any evidence that might have been here." Mako added.

"This is where Zaheer got in and out. Aiwei was the traitor."

Suyin is clearly saddened. "I...trusted him."

Kuvira runs in on the scene. "Is everyone okay?"

"Aiwei is a fugitive." Lin instantly remarks. "Get all available guards to search the mountainside, and find out where this tunnel exits immediately!" Kuvira obeys, and Lin walks over to comfort her sister.

Everyone headed back to Suyin's office, where the Beifong sisters and team and I were all sitting. Kuvira runs to the door.

"What did you find?" Lin asks.

"We located the end of the tunnel, but there's no sign of him. Just some fresh tire tracks." Kuvira leaves.

I scoff in disbelief. "He had an escape plan all ready to go. I knew there was something about him I didn't like."

"Fara, you say that about everyone." Asami rolled her eyes.

"Well, I'm never wrong for not liking people for a reason." I exclaim, dramatically throwing my arms in the air. "Look around!"

"I trusted him with my life." Suyin said softly. "I thought we were family, but it was all a lie."

"Whoever these guys are, they're more powerful than we thought, and more dangerous." Mako vocalized.

"That's why we have to find them. We're going to hold off our search for airbenders and hunt down Aiwei." Korra says. "Naga can track his scent."

"And I bet if we find Aiwei, we'll find Zaheer." Asami adds.

"No!" Lin exclaimed. "We're not hunting this group. There could be other secret agents in other parts of the world looking for you right now! I'm taking you back to Republic City, where I can protect you." Lin points a finger at me. "And you, I am taking you back to your father and family."

"If I wasn't safe here, then I'm not safe anywhere. I have to stop them!" Korra argues.

"It's too dangerous! You are not going!" Lin ordered.

"Stop trying to protect me!" Korra shouts at Lin. "I'm the Avatar. This is my job!"

"Don't lecture me about jobs!" Lin explodes.

"Enough!" Suyin intervenes. "Korra, listen to Lin."

Korra looks a bit hurt and betrayed. "But... they..."

"Please." Suyin's gaze softens. "Lin's only looking out for you. I promise you, Aiwei and everyone he's working with will be brought to justice."

"Fine," Korra frowns. "If you really think it's best."

"I do."

Lin places her hand around Suyin's shoulder. "Thank you, Su."

"Everyone should get some rest tonight. I'll have my people prep your airship and you can leave first thing in the morning."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

That night, my friends and I were all gathered at the apartment we were staying in. There's a knock at the door. Korra opens it to find Suyin.

"Su?"

"You really think Naga could track Aiwei?" Suyin asked, entering the room.

"Definitely." Korra replies.

"Then, here." Suyin hands Korra keys. "There's a jeep packed with supplies on the east gate. It's all gassed up and ready to go."

"What? Why?"

I run over to Korra grabbing the key's from her. "Don't question the women, Korra!"

"Because I want you to hunt down Aiwei and bring him back to me." Suyin said like it was the obvious.

Bolin is confused. "But you said-"

"I said what Lin wanted to hear and I bought you guys some time." Suyin lightly smiled. "Go. I'll deal with Lin in the morning."

Korra turns to the rest of us. "Let's get this guy!" She turns to hug Su. "Thanks."

I examined the keys closely. "Do I get to keep this jeep if we bring back Aiwei?"

Suyin chuckled as she grabbed my shoulders and pushed me out of the door. "Don't make me send you to your father. But I'll think about it."

With that, we gathered our supplies and proceeded to the east gate. Korra was riding bare back on Naga leading the way. I put the key's in the engine as the rest of us rode in the Jeep, following Korra's lead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 59 6
Korra of the southern water tribe has spent almost her entire life preparing for her role as the avatar, but her inability to airbend will take her t...
Legacy By Lily

Fanfiction

63.6K 724 8
Jaya, the granddaughter of Sokka and Suki, is living happily in Republic City with her parents. That is until Tenzin shows up to recruit her to get t...
279K 8.3K 22
[Zuko x Oc] Kida is Sokka and Katara's sister. She's the oldest of the three and has to be the most responsible in these times of war. It all changes...
273K 8.1K 26
[Currently going through a re-writing process] {Formerly known as "Extra Airbender"} Nini is the eldest daughter of Master Tenzin and Granddaughter o...