Curiosity Killed The Cat (Sam...

By eefichu

Gender Neutral Reader Sam and Colby x Reader This is a Scream au and loosely inspired by the first Scream mo... More

Prologue
Before You Read The Rest Of The Story
Chapter One
The First Murder
Chapter Two
The Second Murder
The Third Murder

Chapter Three

42 2 5
By eefichu

Y/n pov

I woke up, it was Friday today, a couple days had past since the murder of Jacob, and everyday since Harry had been beating me up. I had bruises on my arms in the shape of handprints from him grabbing me, I'd had multiple bloody noses from being thrown into walls, and I've also been avoiding Sam and Colby and even Bailey so they don't notice… it didn't really work.

I had been stuck in the library either studying or writing up suspect lists, I had started to mildly suspect Sam or Colby. It was wrong, yeah… but they knew about Jacob, it happened a day after he made fun of me in front of each of us and Colby would've done something if I hadn't stopped him, but it could definitely be a coincidence, he was a dick to more people than me.

When it hit 7am I got up, getting changed, putting a throwing knife holster under my jacket, over my turtleneck before going downstairs… I felt mildly scared, of Harry, not the murders and Bailey allowed me to do so, as long as I wasn't stupid with it. I ate some toast, then going back upstairs to brush my hair and teeth as I'd forgotten. "Bailsssssss"

"Yes?"

"Can I get a ride?"

"Walking exists Y/nnnnnnn"

"Yeah but- I'm so fucking tired"

"Fine, I'll make you start paying gas money soon"

"I don’t have a job!"

She just chuckled, sitting down with her arms crossed, telling me I still had tons of time before having to leave so I ran back upstairs, pulling my hidden phone out of my bag. Why's it hidden? My parents are super old fashioned, the only known phone in my home is one from the 1990s, along with the TV, how do we watch movies? Painfully. I don't know why they can't let go of the past but it's whatever.

ColbyIsCool<3 - Colby

SamSlays - Sam

<Chloroform> - chloe

AshKetchumSlays - Ash

TheSimp - Y/n

TheSimp
Yo guys, how's life going?

AshKetchumSlays
Shite.
Miss Bitchface keeps giving me and chlo too much hw

<Chloroform>
It's actually painful 😭

ColbyIsCool<3
Just get a serial killer, that fixed our school hw

AshKetchumSlays
Oh yeah, let me just call up the rando that's been terrorizing y'all the past few days, he definitely won't want us dead

SamSlays
Exactly! You're finally getting smarter Ash, maybe that hw is doing good for you!

AshKetchumSlays
Get to school before I hunt you down and kill you.

<Chloroform>
Maybe you could be our budget Ghostface murderer

AshKetchumSlays
Excuse me- BUDGET!???

<Chloroform>
YEAH, YOU HEARD ME BITCH

AshKetchumSlays
you're dead when you arrive.

<Chloroform>
Bye guyssss, I hope no one else drops in school hours

TheSimp
Thanks.

SamSlays
Same to you<3

ColbyIsCool<3
Hope you guys get more hw :3

<Chloroform>
Don't you dare jinx it.

I laughed, turning off and hiding my phone in panic when Bailey walks in "time to go- was that a phone?"

"No. It was my calculator"

"Then why are you hiding it from me?"

"I panicked"

"Okay, well, get your ass up, time to go"

"Ight" I stood up, running past my sister and into her car, I didn't want to have the phone conversation with her but I knew I would "if you have one it's fine, I do too, I know how unpractical ours is, especially for my work,I just want to warn you to be more careful with it, oh, and I won't tell on you"

"Thank you, I was scared you would" We drove in silence, I was staring out the window and asked her to pull over when I noticed Sam and colby walking "Bye Bailey!"

"Wait- I thought you didn't want to walk!"

"I changed my mind" she looked at me like she had more to say before just shaking her head and driving off, me running up to and jumping on Sam, who surprisingly caught me with ease "Hey Y/n! Ready for tonight?"

"You know it baby!"

"With your response it sounds like we're doing something suggestive"

"Ew"

"You love us really"

"Not that much, God damn" I never actually thought about whether I did like them romantically, I don't think I did now, but I definitely did when we first met.

By the end of the day - which didn't last long, another murder was announced, Harry's, meant school was going to start ending earlier after today. I was exhausted, I should've been more focused on finding evidence, but Bailey will fill me in. While walking outside of school I was walking at snail's pace. That changed when Colby came up to me, grabbing me by the thighs and  lifting me over his shoulder, letting me sit there "you tired?"

"Mhm"

"We'll grab a drink on the way home" I nodded, him just walking with me on him, not noticing Sam behind him, but I did. Sam just looked at me smiling, putting a finger to his mouth to tell me to not tell Colby and I just laughed "What's up Y/n?"

"Oh nothing, just some dumbass being funny"

"Ah-"

"BOO!"

"..." Colby just froze up, Sam laughing when he saw Colby's face, I leaned toward Colby, instantly flopping back laughing into him when I saw his face too, he looked fucking terrified yet offended at the same time "dick."

"By the way, why the fuck didn't school finish early today? That fuckhead Harry could've done us at least one favor."

"..."

"Yeah, I agree, school is actually getting dangerous now, right? At least it'll happen from next week onwards"

"Yeah, but, its just a shame it couldn’t happen today too... well, I gues its less mentally straining with Harry gone" Sam laughed

We walked back to Sam's place, grabbing some caffeine on our way, me thinking about Sam… I think he could be a killer. 100% would be a killer in a horror movie, no one would predict it, plus, he'd treated Harry's death in a pretty insensitive way, maybe it would be obvious, so obvious everyone thinks it’s too obvious, but it’s not!

Once we got to the door Colby put me down, putting his hand on my shoulder as we waited for Sam to unlock it. "So what's on tonight?"

"Mhh, I'd say some Chucky movies and insidious"

"Neat, god, I'm just glad to not be watching old horror on a fucking box, its cool, just not practical."

"Yeah, I could see that"

"Does add to the vibe though to be honest." I walked in, instantly running up to Sam's room and flopping onto the bed, Colby yelling up to me saying they'd be up in a few…

It was time to search for clues, it felt wrong but I had to be sure, Sam was the only one who knew about Harry, everyone else didn’t know why I was beaten up. And he was killed in a fucking gruesome way, there was definitely malice behind it; and even though Harry was a prick to everyone, the timing seemed too convenient.

So I quickly moved to look under the bed and found…

A ghostface mask.

I picked it up, I was so distracted and caught up in my thoughts I hardly even noticed minutes had passed, only really becoming aware when the door opened. In a panic I threw the mask off the side of the bed, sitting down properly before they could see me, San smiled at me warmly and walked over toward me, Colby laying next to me "here's your drink"

"Thanks"

"You're… welcome" I saw Sam look down as the mask wasn't under the bed, but to the side of it. He slid it under the bed quickly, giving a quick glare to Colby - who looked clueless.

This made me only more convinced that he was the killer, but why'd he look at Colby? What was significant that I was missing? I mean- surely a killer would kill alone, right? What are the chances that you'd find two psychos in one small town?

Colby pov - Five minutes ago

I walked into the kitchen, grabbing some microwavable popcorn from Sam's cupboard "so… remind me again, who's next?"

"I'm not actually sure, just some random dudes, one might be Y/n's old friend? I don't know, we don't really know them."

"Mh, just to throw them off, yeah, I remember" I put the bag in the microwave, setting the timer, listening to then popping

"Have you found your mask yet?"

"Nah, I genuinely have no clue where it is, it's starting to concern me."

"Mh, I'll have a look once Y/n's out, since you slept at mine that night. Maybe you left it"

"Alright, thank you" I took the popcorn out and put it into a bowl, taking a few and eating them, Sam grabbing a couple drinks for us before we headed upstairs.

When we got upstairs Sam opened the door, putting two drinks on the bedside table before walking round the other side of the bed to give Y/n theirs. I put the popcorn down and jumped onto the bed next to Y/n, hugging into their side, getting confused when Sam sent me a quick glare. I decided not to bring attention to it in case it was about something Y/n shouldn't know. "Insidious first?"

"Yee"

"Sick" Sam sat on one side, head on Y/n's head and arms wrapped around them while my head was on their shoulder and hands around theirs.

I looked up, around thirty minutes into the movie to see Y/n asleep. "So… what was the glare about?"

"The mask man! It's under my fucking bed, Y/n could've seen it!"

"That's not my fault, how didn't you notice it?"

"I don't know, maybe Y/n found it?"

"They wouldn't be here right now so they're unafraid if that was the case"

"I suppose"

"You just need to chill man, it's fine, Y/n will never know a thing"

"I know, i just get worried, is all"

"I know man, I know" I felt my eyes start feeling heavier and slowly started to close them, leaning more into Y/n before falling asleep.

<Chloroform>
I was thinking, Y/n could totally be y'alls murderer

SamSlays
What? Because they train with knives and Axes? Chlo, they train with THROWING weapons

ColbyIsCool<3
Yeah, not… stabby weapons

AshKetchumSlays
Chlo. What the fuck. Don't joke about that shit!

<Chloroform>
Sorry

AshKetchumSlays
You should sleep, get your brain in check.

<Chloroform>
Yeah, I'm sorry, it's just that we were joking about it earlier

AshKetchumSlays
I know Chlo, just, don't accuse Y/n like that, you know why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
613K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
222K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
329K 9.9K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...