She was my girl [jerry cantre...

Por grohlboss

Annahlise Quinn has had a not so good past with substances and friendship, so her sister, Laura, thinks it's... Más

A/N
1: Then back home to Seattle
2: I know somethin (Bout you)
3: Loud Love?
4: Sub pop rock city
5: Seattle, known for coffee and... Long haired guitarists?
6: Would you call me a social parasite?
7: The picture kept will remind me
8: The currents will shift, glide me towards you
9: I'm left behind, as the seasons roll on by
11: Being with you is heaven... (and hell)
12: Full time party people
13: Worried sisters and badly kept secrets

10: Down in a hole

173 6 2
Por grohlboss

July 7th, 1991
8:34pm

"Aww... This is gonna be such a bitch to clean up," Jerry brought his legs up to his body, while sitting on my kitchen counter, with cake mix all over him. He was licking his fingers while maliciously smiling at me.

Let's just say, we had a bit of fun while trying to make a cake. Fun, being me pelting him with eggs, and him pelting me with flour. And I guess we both got the cake mix over ourselves.

It was supposed to be a 'Sorry for skipping out on the second half of your wedding to have a smoke circle' kind of cake for Laura, but things didn't really go as planned.

Unfortunately, my kitchen paid the price.

"Hey you initiated the fight! You're helping me!" I reprimanded him and pulled out cleaning chemicals from underneath my sink.

He grinned and leapt from the counter, making his way over to me, "Woah! You have cleaning stuff? In this place?"

"You're hilarious," I groaned.

"You got a little something, It's ruining your pretty face," He licked his thumb and wiped something, probably egg, off my face.

Sweet... But gross.

"Don't distract me lover boy," I pinched his cheek and handed him a rag.

He pursed his lips and grabbed my hand, "It was worth a try, wasn't it?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and started spraying the counter. Lucky for me, my coworkers were massive grots, meaning I was a pretty decent cleaner. And plus, I was always out on toilet duty.

"Hey, thanks for letting me crash here tonight. I'll make it up to you," Jerry got down on his knees and started buffing out the dried up egg on the floor.

"Well, this is a nice start. There is no way I would be able to clean this up by myself. Not because It's too much, but because I lack motivation. You've seen the rest of my apartment, you would know," I wiped down my newly cleaned counter.

"Oh wait, do you have a washing machine? I need to clean my shirt. It has shit all over it and it would take a miracle to hand wash," He abruptly took off his shirt and tossed it to the floor.

Self control... Self control... This is Jerry...

"Oh yea. It's just around the corner," I pointed to my hallway, "Wait, could you put this in for me aswell?" I took off my over-shirt, just leaving me with a singlet on.

"I got i-" He stopped speaking and focused his attention to my arm. More specifically, my shoulder.

"Holy shit, what the hell is on your shoulder?" He walked over to me, to take a closer look at my scar.

I stepped back from him, "Nothing. Nothing you should be concerned about,"

I had completely tensed up, no one had ever seen my shoulder, and I wasn't interested in showing anyone. Or telling anyone about what happened for that matter.

Because I can't help but cry like a little bitch everytime I think about it.

His facial expression was sincere, just like that night at the club. "Is someone hurting you?" He approached me, once again.

I viciously shook my head, "No... It's old. Not recent. Now can you drop it? Please?"

"Annie. There's obviously something that's bothering you. You can tell me, It's good to get things off of your chest," Jerry grabbed my hand and smiled.

Something about this man, makes me feel so safe. No matter how fucked up in the head he seems to be.

I hesitantly held his hand and sighed, "Whole story? Or brief summary?"

I hadn't ever told anyone fully about what happened that night. Maybe it is good to finally get it off my chest.

"Whole story. Now go on," He propped himself back on the counter.

I quickly paced around my kitchen and prepared myself.

"Okay. So basically, my boyfriend and I got really high one night. This was years ago though, because I don't go anywhere near that stuff now," I began.

"Get back over here you sneaky girl!" Ben tackled me into the long grass.

We had currently been running on a large area of tall grass, surrounded by a fence. There was a huge sign on the gates, but we were 'too off our rockers' to read it.

"Ay Ay Ay! Watch it fatass! You'll crush me!" He toppled onto me. I was already having trouble breathing from all of the laughing, but now I had a beast on top of me.

He rolled off of me and laid beside me.

"I'm not that big..." Ben frowned and snuggled into my neck.

"Yeah yeah," I flicked tiny specs of dirt and grass out of my hair and returned the hug.

"So... You and me at my place tonight? If you're ready of course," He brought himself to my level and whispered into my neck.

I glanced at him, then I looked up to the stars, "Maybe... But this place is peaceful. I want to stay here for a bit longer"

"Hmm... Okay then. How about I just dance until we leave? Those dance classes I took when I was 7 have to be put to use somehow" He abruptly stood up and started makeshift salsa dancing.

"Oh my God Ben! I don't want anyone seeing us! Especially when you're dancing like that!" I sat up and giggled.

He pulled me up from my sitting position and we both stood, nearly blending in with the tall grass.

Nearly, being a key word.

"What are you doing there? This is private property!" A man yelled from the distance, shining a torch on us.

Ben pushed me behind him and grabbed his trusty knife from his pocket.

"Ben! Don't start any trouble! Let's just leave!" I whispered while trying to catch a glimpse of who we were dealing with.

You know the situation is serious when I'M the one backing out of it.

"Come on! Show yourselves!" The man yelled, while slowly getting closer to us.

"Don't!" I shrieked while trying to hold Ben back, but he escaped from my grip and started running towards the man with the flashlight.

"Come get me, you pri-"

Bang.

Ben froze in his spot, and suddenly collapsed.

He was shot.

My eyes widened as the realisation had sunk in. I started running towards his body, maybe if I made it in time, I could save him. The man had other plans though.

Bang.

This time, I was the one collapsing. Luckily, the bullet had just grazed my arm. It still hurt like a bitch though. I played dead, but I couldn't help but slowly turn my head, to see my boyfriend's dead body.

"Ben!" I silently cried. But it was too late.

He was gone.

"Holy shit... That's terrifying... And horrifying," Jerry sat on the counter, with his mouth agape.

I had managed to get the entire story out, without breaking down, or having a panic attack. Maybe it was because Jerry was making the most outrageous faces through the whole thing, it was kind of hard to be sad.

"At least I can say I nearly got shot," I shrugged.

He hauled his ass off the counter and made his way over to me, "I don't even know what to say to that, but I'm so glad you told me"

I was pulled into a strangely warm embrace by Jerry.

"The scar makes you look super badass, just so you know," He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "It's like my version of that tattoo on your shoulder, except mine is cooler"

"Sure sure. Now where am I crashing tonight? Your couch is looking pretty comfortable at the moment" He dived onto my couch while nearly breaking it.

I crossed my arms and pointed to the half messy kitchen, "You're going to help me clean up first thing tomorrow. You hear me, mister?"

"Fine..." He grumbled and hauled himself back off the couch while making sure to poke his tongue out.

Why does he have this way of making me smile? How can he possibly always be such a ball of sunshine?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

556 18 3
A collection of one shots based on 1990s grunge musicians. N.B: **Currently taking requests** (Please be aware that I am occupied with my studies, an...
16.3K 544 128
Aspiring model Joy has snuck backstage at a music festival with her friend who's currently hooking up with a DJ. Joy just wants to go watch the bands...
5.6K 101 18
Layne is having a hard time after a break up. Jerry does what he thinks will cheer his friend up and sends an Escort friend of his, named Taryn, to h...
1.8K 32 12
•• Stone Gossard ◇ ||"I wasn't looking for something serious."|| ||"wasn't?"|| ||"until I met you, I wasn't."|| - Charlotte Avery, a 22 year old girl...