" Online friends " 𝗬𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗯...

By Yiz_DeShu

Description : " Online friends ", This story is about 5 friends . Soobin , Taehyun and Huening Kai are in the... More

Chapter 1 / Getting to know each other
Chapter 2 / Yeonjun's past
Chapter 3 / Yeonjun's posts
Chapter 4 / Chatting and Stalking
Chapter 5 / Realizing + new girl
Chapter 6 / The beginning
Chapter 7 / New girl
Chapter 8 / Yeji Γ— Yeonjun?
Chapter 9 / Talking
Chapter 10 / Park date
Chapter 11 / The answer
Chapter 12 / Why ?
Chapter 13 / I d c
Chapter 14 / Moving on ?
Chapter 15 / Guess who's back?
Chapter 16 / It's been a while
Chapter 17 / Oh my gosh
Chapter 19 / First day
Chapter 20 / Hatred
Chapter 21 / Really?
Chapter 22 / A step closer
Chapter 23 / Tattletale
Announcement ( Hiatus )
Chapter 24 / Frustration
Chapter 25 / A change

Chapter 18 / A start

663 32 46
By Yiz_DeShu

It was around 4AM in the morning when Yeonjun had awoken from his sleep that lasted only for a few hours. Staring at the ceiling while laying down on his bed with eyes wide open and his mind as empty as a bird's nest in December. After an hour of the uneasy tranquility of the room, he felt wearied and that was the moment he decided to get up and prepare himself for the road trip perhaps, he was too excited.

He stood up with bowed shoulders and eyes that had bags under but were as wide open as his window. He dragged himself to the closet when all of a sudden, he receives a notification, he sighed as a reaction then pursed his lips as he approached his phone that was placed on his bed side table while it emit a bright light amidst the dimness of the room.

He picked it up and was astonished to become aware that it was Wonnie. He hastily responded, but the light that the phone emitted amongst the darkness of the room was damaging his eyes, causing him to rub them after he put his phone down.

Wonnie :
Yeonjun Hyung, have a safe trip today <3 I messaged you early because our classes start on 6AM today :DD

Yeonjunnie :
Thank you and good luck on
your early classes today
Won, Fighting ! <3

Stepping outside his bathroom with a towel over his waist while he wipes his hair dry, he heads over to his closet and meticulously chooses something stylish yet casual when he finally settles on an outfit decision, it was an oversized white-color button down and a khaki-colored knitted vest over it with a simple black-colored Chino pants. He looked at the mirror, appeased with his decision and when he looked over to the clock placed on his bed side table, he quickly grabs his black backpack together with his sneakers and heads straight downstairs.

He enters the kitchen to see his mother preparing breakfast like usual but on this specific day, it had the golden rays of the sunshine highlighting the beauty of the inside and the woman standing by herself in the kitchen, with the evocative smell and the nostalgic aura, it put a smile on his face.

" Good morning Omma " He said in a sweet, alluring tone as he kissed his mother on the cheek

It wasn't unusual for her anymore after all, Yeonjun has been doing it for almost a year " Good morning Yeonjun " She responded in the same sweet tone.

" What's for breakfast ? " He said as he sat on one of the chairs located beside the counter table, with his usual happy face during the morning.

" Oh just the usual " Her mother then proceeds to place a grey-colored lunch box full of fried rice on the table for Yeonjun to eat

Yeonjun wasn't paying much attention to the lunch box since he was busy with his corgi, Yibeon " Hii Yibeon, are you hungry boy ? "

She smiled as she wiped her hands on her apron then proceeded to take it off and fold it to put on one of the drawers " He's a little early today, oh and Yeonjun I packed your breakfast since it's already 6AM so we'll have to go already "

" You and dad are done eating ? " He turned his head to the table once again and with his lips slightly pouting, eyes full of sparks of confusion and his head tilting, he asks a question

She pursed her lips then walked out of the scene although she was still heard talking " Yeah, like 30 minutes ago, we tried to call you but you didn't respond "

His father exclaimed as he stood outside together with his first daughter who were finished with the packing and ready to start the road trip " HONEY ! LETS GO ! "

" Come on Yeonjun, we don't have much time " His mother said in a high tone although the camera was focused on Yeonjun who was completely dismayed of the sudden change of his life

And so that is, they bid their goodbyes to Hae before stepping inside the car and settled down firstly before starting the 3-hour road trip to Busan. The minutes that ran along was spent by Yeonjun staring outside the window, he was enjoying the scenes that passed through. Minutes have passed although Yeonjun wasn't aware how many hence he became drowsy and decided to lay down for awhile, not anticipating to wake up to practically arriving at their destination with the time of 9:49AM.

He rubbed his eyes as he got up with ruffled hair and eyes that were barely open, he then scanned the surroundings that they were already at before proceeding to take his backpack to grab a comb for his hair.

" Are we almost there ? " He said in a gruffy tone as he leaned towards his seat and stroked his hair.

His father turned the direction of the car to park in a person's house then he proceeded to reply " Yup "

They then proceed to step outside the car with Yeonjun being the only one carrying a backpack on one of his shoulder since his parents brought large luggages.

" MIN JUNNNN " His father shouted as he held his hands near his opened mouth, when he was finished he put his hands on his waist.

His bestfriend then looked outside the window with squinted eyes, realizing his bestfriend has arrived, his eyes widens and his lips curves as he proceeds to step outside " Ayoooo Seojoon "

" Mind helping me ? " Yeonjun's father questioned, or should I say Seojoon.

Before offering a help to his bestfriend, Minjun invites Yeonjun together with his mother inside his house. When they have finally finished, they head on over inside, laughing while carrying the luggages hence it has been a long time since they haven't seen each other. Minjun and his wife took the day off after becoming aware that they are staying for a week. As they came in, they arrived at the scene of Minjun's wife, Jae and Seojoon's wife, Hei-ryung having a laugh together on the kitchen with Yeonjun on the living room calmly slurping on his tea, looking anxious

His dad, Seojoon approaches the anxious teen to enlighten him all while comforting him too.

His father sits beside him then let's out a sigh before speaking " Yeonjun, you're going to start school tomorrow "

He hummed in response although he proceeded to say more after " I don't know if I should be excited, I kinda miss my friends "

" Don't worry, Minjun has a son who's only a year younger than you, he will accompany you tomorrow " Yeonjun's face slightly lit up, atleast he wasn't alone.

" Well, that's better than being alone " He said as he put the cup of tea down on the white-colored table Infront of them that had a plant on the middle of it

There was a moment of silence between the father and the son but Minjun was there to break it although not purposely " Yeon, you can sleep on my son's room tonight "

He looked up to the man then smiled slightly " Thank you Uncle "

" No problem kid " Minjun exclaimed as he walked over to the ladies in the kitchen

Yeonjun felt the need to go to the bathroom so he politely approached Minjun and asked where the bathroom was, Minjun then pointed to a room with a white-colored door then proceeded to say that it was his son's bedroom that had a bathroom cleaner than the main bathroom.

He entered the room gently opening the door, the room wasn't as large as he anticipated but it was certainly much more comfortable that what he had in mind. The room had a wooden flooring with a medium-sized brown wool carpet you would feel the moment you stepped food inside the room. It had a neat yet comfortable looking bed in the middle with two bed side tables on either side of the bed and a plant placed on the bed side table located in the left with the bathroom located on the right side with a white-colored plastic door.

As he finished emptying his bladder and was about to head outside, he was stopped on his footsteps by a sudden touch in his foot. He then looked down while holding the doorknob nervously and to his surprise, it was just a hedgehog. He carefully picked it up and scanned the room in hope to find where to put the hedgehog and saw a large glass placed on the table Infront of the large window that was left open. He then approached the glass that was certainly his home and placed him carefully there, he even gave him a few pets before heading out.

" How come I feel like I've seen that hedgehog before ? " He thought as he sat comfortably on the white coach but he shook the random thought in his head and continued to think about something else.

Something like " I wonder how Yeji and Beomgyu are doing "

It is 5PM, Yeonjun's parents left for work around 12AM and so did Minjun and his wife. He was quite happy that he was alone although it was terrifying since their house barely had any neighbors and the closest neighbor would practically take 30 minutes in order for you to knock on their door and inform them that their was a murderer on your house. He was quite relieved when Minjun's parents informed him that their son was going to arrive around 6PM, it would be awkward for the two but atleast he had someone to accompany him while running away from the murderer, Yeonjun was delusional but it wasn't bad in those times that his delusions were actually correct.

He groaned in boredom, he has already texted Wonnie whom hasn't replied yet.

Yeonjunnie :
Won, You there ?,I'm bored and alone in this house I'm not use to

Soobin on the other hand, was already on the way home with snacks he bought at the convenience store just outside their school. He wasn't planning on buying anything but his parents told him to do something nice for the boy who was just one year older than him so they could become friends although he wasn't aware what the boy's name was.

He arrived at their house on 6:12PM and before heading inside, he took a small peak on the window and saw the boy who fell asleep on the couch. He then approached the door and put the plastic full of snacks he was carrying down on the floor to grab the spare key he would always put in his pocket, after successfully opening the door, he grabs the plastic bags placed on the floor and heads on inside.

Fortunately, the boy wasn't awoken by Soobin's entrance, he was relieved since he wasn't sure what he would say if he did. He quietly goes inside the kitchen and places the plastic bags on the counter to put the snacks inside the fridge then all of a sudden

" Appa ? Omma ? " Said the boy with ruffled hair who awoken from his nap, his voice was surprisingly soft and he rubbed his eyes as soon as he got up.

Soobin was panicking about what he should respond to that " Uhm— "

The boy had stopped rubbing his eyes, he then proceeds to tilt his head slightly and the moment he saw the younger boy's figure in the kitchen, he let out an " Oh " in a much deeper tone than before then laid back down on the couch with no second thoughts

Soobin let out a relived sigh, he blushed out of embarrassment, reminiscing about what just happened as he put the snacks inside the fridge. After a few minutes he was already finished, he then receives a call and immediately grabs his phone that was placed inside his pocket to respond back, it was his mother.

" Omma ? What is it "
" Soob, we'll be doing extra hours today so we'll be home late "
" Nooo "
" Don't be sad Hun, Seojoon and Hei-ryung is as nice as us "
" It's not that omma, I'm kinda shy "
" Don't be ! Yeonjun is a really sweet boy, you'll get along with him well since you both share the same vibes "
" Huh ? "
" Yeonjun,their son anyways I have to go now Soob, take care Hun "
" Okay mom, you too "

Yeonjun ? He thought, was it really him? It was hard for him to recognize immediately since he has never heard Yeonjun's voice, he turned around to get a sight of the unknown boy once again when he suddenly blushed at the thought of it. Was it really Yeonjun Hyung ? He could hear his heart pounding faster than usual. As he stares at the sleeping latter in the couch, completely astonished. The thought of it being Yeonjun hit him back again, his eyes widen with his mouth slightly open, his hands start to become sweaty and the feeling of excitement and nervousness took over his body that he just randomly jumped causing the boy, or should I say Yeonjun to awake from his nap.

Yeonjun was awoken by a strange sound, as he slightly opens his eyes proceeding to notice a specific feature that the younger boy in the kitchen had, it was the dimples he had as he smiled although he thought nothing of it at first and continued to close his eyes. He suddenly recalled something from before, the hedgehog, Soobin has a hedgehog and dimples as well. The thought of it made him open his eyes wide and get up to rather sit on the couch. Soobin was bamboozled with the sudden movement of Yeonjun and continued to panic inside, he then walks towards the right side in which Yeonjun wouldn't be able to see him.

Both their hearts were pounding as fast than usual. Yeonjun was on the couch with a dead expression as he sat while Soobin was standing around the corner of the kitchen, pursing his lips with widened eyes and a rosy colored cheek as he crossed his arms and rested them in his chest, Soobin himself didn't notice anything strange about his gesture because he was thinking too much about Yeonjun.

"You don't have to be afraid of me, Choi Yeonjun by the way " The boy in the couch said, hoping to get the name of the other boy.

" Choi Yeonjun ? ... My name is— " He responded while slowly walking at a slow pace with a hand on his neck, gradually revealing his face.

" Choi Soobin ? " The two had finally met eyes for the first time, although they both had no reaction, both their eyes sparkled and their stomach filled with butterflies. Soobin's behavior was more expressive but Yeonjun's was more distant. They were brought back to reality in a matter of seconds, they then turned their heads away from each other.

Breaking the moment of awkwardness that lasted for more than a few seconds " Yeonjun Hyung... I— "

" Hm ? " He hummed in response as he fluffed the pillow then laid back down, not sparing a glance at Soobin.

Soobin looked down, ashamed of the actions of his past self , he then muttered the words " I'm sorry "

Yeonjun sighed " I forgiven you along time ago " He said as he laid on his back, this time sparing a glance at Soobin and especially, with a genuine smile.

" Really ? " Soobin looked back at him and smiled widely as a reaction to Yeonjun's small yet genuine smile.

" Don't worry about it " Once again, he turned his back to Soobin but this time, it wasn't in a cold manner but rather in an embarrassed, shy manner.

" Why did you forgive me though ? "  Yeonjun kept silent for a few seconds but he was able to think of a suitable answer.

" Why should I not forgive you ? It's much better if I do " He said in a low tone, still turning his back on Soobin who was deeply touched by his words, it completely made sense. For such a little thing shouldn't be able destroy a potential friendship.

The silence was getting louder although it wasn't awkward but rather, calm. Soobin sat on the single chair across the couch Yeonjun was laying down on " Hyung ? Do you wanna sleep in my room instead ? "

It took awhile for Soobin to receive a response but he did. Yeonjun got up to rather sit on the couch , he then stroked his hair and smiled attractively " I'd like that " His voice sent chills down on Soobin's spine.

" Do you-... know where it is ? "

He got up and once again, stroked his hair " Yup, I entered it before " He said as he walked towards Soobin's room.

" Damn, Yeonjun Hyung is attractive not gonna lie " Soobin thought as he pursed his lips, staring at the older enter his room.

7:31PM, Yeonjun's parents has finally arrived and surprisingly they were greeted by the darkness of the house. As they turned on the light, they perceived Soobin peacefully dozing on the single couch, they felt bad for how the boy was sleeping on the couch meanwhile their son was on his room therefore they awoke their son who was peacefully sleeping inside Soobin's room, covered in the warm comfortable sheets with the cool breeze that the window let in.

" Yeonjun, pay some respect, this is not your house " His mother scolded him causing him to awaken from a comfortable night rest.

" What is it omma ? " He said in a low, raspy tone as his eyes were barely open facing his mother.

She squints her eyes in disbelief
" Have you forgotten this isn't our house ? " Yeonjun, who was too sleepy to realize laid back again

" CHOI YEONJUN ! I command you to call Soobin " His mother exclaimed, furious, all while trying to keep a low tone to avoid waking Soobin up.

" Okay omma " He said tiredly as he arose from the bed, approaching the teen who was sleeping on the single couch. His mother looked at him meticulously then proceeded to step outside as well.

" Soobin " He said as he repeatedly pokes the sleeping teen

Just from the first attempt, he awoke and hummed in response with eyes barely open " Hm ? " His eyes then widens to the fact that Choi Yeonjun's face is two inches close to his.

He gulps before pushing Yeonjun softly " Yeonjun Hyung ? " Soobin said as he tilts his head which enabled him to see the mother standing at the back.

" Soob, you can go sleep on your bed now " He said as he turns around to walk to the couch, he then proceeds to throw himself and surprisingly, he was able to sleep in a matter of seconds.

" My son apologizes for his actions " Yeonjun's mother said as she bowed, Soobin too got up and bowed as well.

" It's really okay auntie, I don't mind sleeping with your son " Just as he finished saying those exact words, realization hit him. The statement was somehow dirty in a way but his mother didn't even realize that, leaving her confuse when Soobin got nervous.

" I mean- him sleeping in my bed " He chuckled nervously

" You don't have to, the bed is small and Yeonjun fits perfectly in the couch "

" Auntie, I really mean it, I don't mind at all " He then approaches sleeping Yeonjun and bends over to say something to make the boy wake up.

" Yeonjun Hyung "

" Son, there's no point in waking that boy up since there's no chance he will wake up " As she stares at her son in disbelief, having second hand embarrassment.

Soobin then stood up and turned his head to the mother before asking
" May I carry him ? "

" Soobin- there's really no point " She meant it besides Yeonjun could care less about sleeping in the couch

" Is that a yes? " He tilted his head

She looks at him in disbelief then sighs in defeat as she looks into Soobin's bunny eyes " Fine "

" Gosh does Soobin love my son or something " She thought as the boy picked up Yeonjun effortlessly and carried him towards the room

Soobin gently puts his Hyung down on the bed and covered him in the sheets, he then proceeds to join him after removing the things inside his pocket. The bed was large enough for the two so it wasn't a total problem, it was the fact that Yeonjun would always move closer to Soobin during the night although it didn't bother Soobin that much, he was used to hugging his bros. The thing that was the one bothering him was when everytime Yeonjun moved closer, his heart skipped a beat, he found that irritating as he was always used to hugging his bros but he shook it off and sticked to the thought of just being nervous because he wasn't use to Yeonjun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 202 34
Soobin is a boy who lost his parents when he was 12. Since then he has been living with his grandmother in a small town. After he completed middle sc...
17.2K 649 11
A story where Beomgyu and Yeonjun were bestfriends. Beomgyu was a quiet boy, and he had difficulty to express himself and his feelings. No one could...
82.8K 3.8K 44
"As smart as you are, you sure are oblivious" Yeonjun leaned closer to the boy infront of him. "I'm gay Soobin, I'm in love with you." Choi Soobin, t...
2.4K 152 10
Soobin's been in love with his so- called homophobic best friend since kindergarten. But Yeonjun's in love with the class clown, Beomgyu, despite his...