Sweet and Salty

By fanofstoryyy

She's sweet like summertime. Daisy is full of energy, she loves talking and blabs to everyone. She's the suns... More

characters/ authors note
Chapter 1: Hot Chocolate
Chapter 2: Reputation
Chapter 3: Bipolar
Chapter 4: Crime
Chapter 5: Dickhead
Chapter 6: I'm trying
Chapter 8: Sob
Chapter 9: Glasses
Chapter 10: Grumpy pants
Chapter 11: Lake
Chapter 12: Quiet
Chapter 13: Queen
Chapter 14: Heal
Chapter 15: Official
Chapter 16: Fake Daisy
Chapter 18: Tiny but
Chapter 19: Seconds
Chapter 20: Impression
Chapter 21: Falling
Chapter 22: Heartbreak
Chapter 23: Sad girl
Chapter 25: Parentals
Chapter 26: Ball
Chapter 27: Nether region
Chapter 29: Heartbeat
Chapter 30: Bros
Chapter 31: Trickster
Epilogue

Chapter 7: Birthday

24.2K 509 345
By fanofstoryyy

(just saying in Australia you can drink etc at 18 so i'm basing it off that)

*ELIJAH'S POV*

"So what are we doing for your birthday?" Collin asks as we all sit at the cafeteria table.

I shrug. I don't really care about my birthday.

"We should throw you a party!" Daisy says.

"Yes." Payton nods.

"No."

"How about a party with just us? Since you don't like people." Daisy smiles.

"Sure." I grit my teeth. Only because she wanted too.

"Yay."

"When?" Jordan asks.

"Tomorrow night."

"Who's place?"

"Mine." I mumble. They all nod.

~~

I'm wiping down the kitchen benches when Daisy comes in holding a bunch of shopping bags.

"Why are you here so early?" I try not to stare at her.

"Helping you get the house ready."

"My house is ready."

"I got food." She puts it on the bench.

"I have food."

"Your so delightful."

She walks around into the kitchen and pulls out a bunch of platter dishes from the bags.

"I also have platter dishes." She didn't need to spend this much money on me.

"Do you have a knife?" She smiles at me.

"Are you going to stab me?"

"No i need to chop the food."

I open the draw and pull out a knife giving it to her.

"Thanks."

She chops up carrots, cucumber, celery and adds crackers and humus.

"Done." She smiles proud of her work. I fight back a smile.

She pushes herself up onto the counter and sits there eating food waiting for everyone to arrive.

"Helloooo." Payton sings as her and boys come through the door.

"Happy fucking birthday for tomorrow." The boys pat my back.

"Thanks."

We sit on the couch watching a movie. I watch as Daisy slowly starts to fall asleep next to me. Her breath getting deeper, eyes lowering.

My breath hitches as she leans her head on my shoulder, fully asleep.

I slowly wrap my arm around her shoulder pulling her into me more.

I can't control my beating heart. It's going a mile a minute.

"You totally like her." Payton says from the other couch. I snap my head to her.

"No i don't."

"Yes you do let's be honest. We all know it."

I refrain from commenting.

"You better not just fuck her and leave." Payton's eyes narrow. I know her and Daisy are already close, she doesn't want me to leave and hurt her.

"I won't. I'm too involved now."

They all just smile at me.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes.

"We didn't even say anything." Collin laughs.

Daisy starts to shuffle around wiggling a bit. I rub my hand up and down her arm soothingly. She softly hums, hopefully in approval.

"She's wrapped around your fucking finger." Jordan smirks.

"So what if she is?"

"Just saying."

I send them all a glare and they turn back to the tv giggling.

"Let's drink, your eighteen after all." Collin throws me a beer. I catch it before it can even go near my sleeping Daisy.

"I'm not eighteen until tomorrow."

"Never stopped you before."

I chuckle opening it and drinking. We all only have one, not wanting to get waisted.

~~

"Elijah.. Elijah." I wake up where Daisy is poking my face.

Again.

"What?" I open my eyes.

"Let go, i need to pee." I realise i have my arms wrapped around her waist and her head his right into my chest. Whoops. Not sorry.

I contain my eye-roll as i let go of her and she rushes into the bathroom. I roll onto my stomach my face on its side trying to sleep.

I feel a body jump on my back, Daisy.

"Happy birthday."

"Mm."

"Are you hungover?"

"No. Too early."

"It's 8am!"

"Too early."

"Get up." She whines.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Please."

I let out a groan and Daisy does a small squeal as she gets off me. I sit up up on the couch running my hands through my hair.

The group all begin waking up and sitting up looking at us.

"I got you a present." Daisy smiles.

"You didn't have too."

"I wanted too."

She hands me a wrapped present, i've never seen such a nicely wrapped present.

Normally only Collin and Jordan buy me a present and they can't wrap presents to save their life.

"Hurry up and open it."

I open it and it's a photo frame of the group of us. A smile tugs at me lips as i look at it.

"I noticed you don't have any photos in your house so this can start you collection."

"Thank you." I look up at Daisy as she's smiling at me.

"It's okay." She sits down next to me.

Everyone goes around giving me a present. I've never been so grateful for a group of people.

"Thank you guys, really." I look between everyone.

"It's okay."

We all hang out for the rest of the day. I can't stay away from Daisy. I'm drawn to her, and i don't know why.

I really fucked up the whole staying away from her thing.

Cuties

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Arcadian By Elijah<3

Teen Fiction

4.1M 84.1K 36
Arcadian (adj.) idyllically innocent; simple and untroubled by fear or worry. Harper Flores is the human embodiment of a ray of sunshine. She's kind...
31.3K 893 16
*A SHORT WINTER ROMANCE* .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅. 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 and 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 used to be best friends. Until Bonnie's parents decided to mo...
221K 5.6K 44
𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐘 𝐗 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 Elijah West is a stubborn, moody asshole who overall dislikes other people. After Carter Sakuna (quite literally) ru...
357K 7.7K 40
#𝟑 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘 Despite their history, he has always been in love with her, while she has always despised him for no particular reason...