One World Apart

By nia_4_lyf

"Why would you lie to me?" I asked tears streaming down my face. "I didn't lie to you I just couldn't bring m... More

1.Departure
2.Meeting the family
3.Lucas
4.My kind of family
5.You cost me my contract
6.Did you just throw me your shoe?
7.My Ego!!!
8.No thank you, no nothing
9. Drown my misery
10.You play with fire you might get burnt
11.Community service
12. Some cop you are
13. Unbreakable Bottle
15. Male freaking Lucas Bitch

14. Delinquent

16 7 0
By nia_4_lyf

Nicole's P.O.V

RING!!!!

And there goes the shower with everyone rushing out and people screaming... 'fire', 'get out', 'move move move it', 'everyone out'. We're all out and soaked up. Everyone was so jolly and I just couldn't get why they can all be happy  because of a fire situation, they should be worried and hopeful no one gets hurt.

"Hey! You're not happy?"

"Happy? Over fire?"

"Wait..." She looked closely at me. "You're new?"

"Yup!"

"Oh, I'm sorry didn't know, I'm Constance."

"Nicole."

"I'll call you Nikki."

"Well that's pretty much what people call me these days. What should I call you, Stacey, Nancey or...? You know because it can be a bit mouthful."

She giggles. "Well my best friends call me Connie I don't really like it but Stacey Nancey? It's not really my style, I also think Constance can be a bit mouthful. Like my parents coulda given me a better name thag when you shorten it it's beautiful and lovely, but all I got was Constance."

"But it's a lovely and rare name. I like it."

"And I like you, you're nice. You know, it's not a lot of people that like me because you know, I'm 'colored' like they called me."

I gave a disappointed 'Awn'.

"I love black so much because they have this one of a kind positive kinda vibe and energy."

"That's such a nice thing to say, but you know its not all."

"Yeah I know, not everyone can be energetic and fun..."

"Attention everybody!"

And everyone went silent like if you make a single sound you'll get shot on your head.

"Who set the fire alarm off?" That's actually the most stupid question to ask a bunch of teenagers 'who set the fire alarm of'. Who would be so modest to come clean?

"No one is ready to confess huh? I know this is mindless prank that has been going on since I introduced the monthly assessment. This is the last time this is gonna happen right under my nose because I'm going to introduce the installations of CCTV's. Go in now and pack your bags while the school gets cleaned and investigated." No one moved for a moment they all stood there like they heard such a bad news, but I on the other hand was just dumbfounded. "Now, go, move it." With murmurs and whispers everyone stepped in.

"Monthly Assessments?"

"Yeah! Principal Schneider was posted to this school few months ago, he's so nutty and thinks this school ain't capable of being among the top five best schools."

"That's so messed up."

"So he introduced monthly assessments three months ago, where we have tests and he'll assess our assignments and all and those that don't meet up to his satisfaction have to come in for Saturday detention and that's worse than regular detention."

"What's the difference?"

"You know regular detention is just to sit in class for like three hours and do nothing fun but Saturday detention, after the three hours of sitting and doing nothing we clean the school and make it spotless and the guys that gets the cafeteria are the ones with the worst luck because that's where so many gums are."

"Good Lord!"

"Like the second month of the assessments a couple of studs broke into the teachers' room and burnt all the questions and the best part was that they still don't know who did it. Month three fake gunshots and now this."

"Hold up! Gunshots? Now that must've been lovely."

"Are you crazy we had people jumping out from windows, jumping down the stairs and we even got one guy who was traumatized."

"Oh wow!"

"TEN!!"

"Ten?"

"Yeah when all the students come in the countdown begins."

"I really don't think the matter is serious."

"I know right. But to him it's damn serious."

"SIX!"

"Hey let's go?" Constance dragged my arm and we ran out.

We laughed out guts out because we were the only ones running that didn't fall, we were the bulldozers. We laughed till our insides hurt but that stopped when I saw that cop's car

"Okay principal Schneider's craziness is on another level. Really a cop?"

"Nah that's not the reason he's here." When he spotted me he came out of the car.

"Nicole." He gave a bright annoying smile.

Why's he smiling? Oh! Like it's so nice to be at community service. Ugh?

"Ooh you didn't tell me you were a delinquent!"

"I'm not a delinquent and even if I where would I tell you that 'oh and by the way I'm a delinquent don't mess with me'?"

"Well..."

Realizing what I just said we both laughed. She brought out her phone.

"Put down your number and later I'll call you so you'll tell me everything."

"Where you waiting here?"

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"So you won't run away."

"Oh wow. But fair point."

"You're working at Massachusett's General hospital."

"Thank you for telling me that because I didn't see it." Sarcasm hit my tongue.

"You're gonna be working there from now till when there's no need."

"Uh... If you didn't know it's a hospital there's always gonna be need and after two weeks you're not gonna sight me."

"You're gonna be assisting the nurses, listen to whatever they say and do not cause trouble."

I scoffed "You really do have a knack for ignoring people don't you?"

"I'm saying it again don't cause trouble!"

"I'm not promising you."

"Here we are!"

*****

"Hey I'm Doctor Ashton. How are you doing?" A doctor in blonde freckled man in his mid twenties said.

"Whatcha think?"

"I know exactly how you feel. You know when I was younger I served the community and the most painful part was that I was blamed for what I did."

"Oh I really know how you felt." The anger swelled up inside of me again and I threw bloody daggers at officer Ace with a stern glare.

"Follow me." He took me to the reception. "This is nurse Ashley just follow her around and she'll let you know what to do." I looked at her and boy did she look scary, she looked like she could kill me if I screwed up near her.

"Ashley she's with you for two weeks." She let out a dark chuckle and that only made me gulp involuntarily.

She took me to a storage room and threw me a blue worn out jumpsuit at my face."

"That's your uniform wear it. Always."

"It smells."

"Well that's your problem. Quit complaining and follow me."

Scoff!

"You scoffing at me girl?"

"You're e kidding me. Would you put on something that's pretty worn out and smelly?"

"Listen to me lad, you would put that thing on, follow me and listen to what I tell you to do." She shoved pass me.

I pulled it on but only wore it halfway as a trouser. I came out and she gave me an eye roll.

"Pull it all the way up."

"No!"

"What if you get vomit on it?

"I've got extra shirts."

"I said pull it all the way up."

"Look I know you think you're gonna give me a hard time but you're gonna give yourself a harder time, because I'm not gonna listen to anything you say about this cloth."

"Ugh! I don't really get why I keep working with delinquents?"

To be continued...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

This chapter is long so I want to continue it in another chapter. I'm sooooooooo sooooooo sorry I updated late trust me I really am I actually have a lot going on with exams and all but I'll try this time to be frequent.
Don't forget to comment vote and share. Your comments mean a lot to me both mean and good. 😘

Nia out ✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Poisonous By Sierra Cash

General Fiction

59 3 24
Nikki Masters...a beautiful and diligent woman. Stuck living out her father's dream. But when tragedy strikes her family, everything is spun into cha...
1.8M 44K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
6K 227 33
I've been alone for seven years...since my parents ditched me at an orphanage....that isn't even all girls. I haven't seen Aidan, Christian, or Tyler...